/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gangs outside mosques

Ghazi
09-07-2006, 06:19 PM
:sl:

Anyone else esprienced this problem with these gangs, they're usually women i once heard that one women brought a doll and pretended it was a baby to win sympathy outside jummah what is the islamic perspective on this what should be done?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-07-2006, 06:22 PM
omg.. i woz at rusholme in manchester and these people came up with dolls askin 4 money.. it was so obvious they wer dolls..! they wer like tiny and i woz like :-\ whhhaaa!

~Stranger~
09-07-2006, 07:19 PM
what do these gangs do?? what do they do with dolls? :?

Ghazi
09-07-2006, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Stranger~
what do these gangs do?? what do they do with dolls? :?
From what i've been hearing from brothers at my mosque is that they use them to gain sympathy knowing muslims will be giving sadaqa, the problem is these people might not even need the money but are doing it out of greed.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
09-07-2006, 07:26 PM
They're obviously scammers. Tell your imam. If they still don't go away, tell them you'll call the police as they're trespassing.

Umar001
09-07-2006, 07:26 PM
Dang, I have never heard of this outside mosques, I mean i know and heard that some women do this, some don't have dolls, I watched a documentry on the BBC a while back and they were saying some women drug their kids, that why they kids always asleep, when the go begging.

Muezzin
09-07-2006, 07:29 PM
I've seen them outside at least one mosque after Jumah. If these rackets are anything like the ones in Pakistan, those women begging will probably get a pittance compared to what the ringleader will receive.

bint_muhammed
09-07-2006, 09:06 PM
so even come round to your house and won't take a no for an answer! i was alone and is seriously had no cash on me, and these women were there demanding for money! i ended up calling my mum, to come over.

Muezzin
09-07-2006, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ya_Giney
so even come round to your house and won't take a no for an answer! i was alone and is seriously had no cash on me, and these women were there demanding for money! i ended up calling my mum, to come over.
You should have called the police. Or at least threatened to.

bint_muhammed
09-07-2006, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
You should have called the police. Or at least threatened to.
i was close to tears, because they weren't buying any excuse, oh well my mum sort them out lol! she told them to apply for benefits if they were so in need for money and not demanding from young girls ( i was 15 then):okay:

glo
09-07-2006, 09:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ya_Giney
i was close to tears, because they weren't buying any excuse, oh well my mum sort them out lol! she told them to apply for benefits if they were so in need for money and not demanding from young girls ( i was 15 then):okay:
That's horrible! Some people will stop at nothing! :(
Good thing your mum was around!

As for the thread title, I am almost relieved! I assumed the thread was about gangs hanging around outside mosques to pick fights or cause trouble!

I suppose in some ways it's a good sign - it means the people are recognising Muslims as charitable, helpful members of society. Now that's got to be a good thing!! :)

Peace

Muezzin
09-07-2006, 09:28 PM
It is a good thing, but it sucks when people exploit it.

glo
09-07-2006, 09:33 PM
It is a good thing, but it sucks when people exploit it.
True!
But then good and charitable people will always be the target of greedy people. Comes with the territory, I guess.

Helena
09-08-2006, 02:12 PM
LOL...wot a topic....gangs outside mosques....man u scared moi....

dnt usually have this around my area but....mainly up greenstreet.....womens are begging..even thou they seem perfectly fine....wearing decent clothes, jewlery...and begging...it dsnt seem rite...

once me and my frends were having lunch this lady appraoched us...begging for money..always dosh.....wallahi from my heart i didnt wana give it...she seems abosloutely fine....wallahi....da owner of the shop jus gave her packet of chips...she can stop bugging us for money.....well she wasnt pleases at all....

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
09-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Oh yeah, I seen those ladies outside of the mosques and all over the place. This one lady had a gold tooth lol and she was begging.

Helena
09-08-2006, 02:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
Oh yeah, I seen those ladies outside of the mosques and all over the place. This one lady had a gold tooth lol and she was begging.
waoh she had gold tooth..and begging.....ya Allah...thats waaaaaaay out of order!!!!

Muezzin
09-08-2006, 02:22 PM
Something just occured to me - maybe we should watch ourselves on this thread before we stray into idle gossip or backbiting.

Helena
09-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Something just occured to me - maybe we should watch ourselves on this thread before we stray into idle gossip or backbiting.
yeah guess....keep that in my mind...

stay away......

Inshallah
09-09-2006, 05:44 AM
There's no posers where i live. England is truly a corrupt place.

samsam
09-09-2006, 06:24 AM
Soem come to my house begging men and woman
here in england

Inshallah
09-09-2006, 06:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by samsam
Soem come to my house begging men and woman
here in england
I wouldn't even open the door. I would probbaly call the police you never know these days, be carefull.

samsam
09-09-2006, 06:45 AM
It's not like i open the door espacially not hen i am alone home:)

songinwind
09-09-2006, 10:54 AM
this is now the 2nd thread I been to where i hear this comment>>"England is truly a corrupt place."....but the other said "paki"..I am from usa..and can name many towns (to me that are), but feel we need to be very careful of our words,,as "Allah knows all" (just a thought)..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.