/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Laziness

AnonymousPoster
09-07-2006, 06:54 PM
:sl:

How do I remove this laziness from within me? I feel so tired, I've just about starting praying 5 times a day, but I feel so tired, that I have no time to do other things...school work, read quraan, learn about islam.

So any tips...could be anything from what foods to eat, to what steps I should take.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
09-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Any Tips Will Be Welcomed. I'm In the Same Boat As You, Tired All Day And Lazy To Do Things Around

AnonymousPoster
09-07-2006, 09:44 PM
The leat you guys can do is help out a little bit :rollseyes:

Anyways bro...Lucozade does me some good...Also, if you take pure glucose powder, mixed in water and drink that 2 times or once a day should be good enough...ask your doctor, or go to Holland and Barrets (Dunno if they have it there)....

----------------Anonymous 2-------------------------

Quruxbadaan
09-07-2006, 10:33 PM
so your lazy

we are all lazy from time to time its shaitan talking to you

try saying authubillahi mina shaitani rageem and you might be aright

maa salaaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghazi
09-07-2006, 10:34 PM

Red bull I hear it gives u wings

Umm Yoosuf
09-07-2006, 10:43 PM
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Brother in Islam, thanks a lot for your interesting question. It’s really a sign of your good heart and deep-rooted faith. May Allah keep us all firm in the straight path!

Answering the in-hand question, Sheikh Ahmad Kutty, a senior lecturer and an Islamic scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, states:

“The perfect remedy for procrastination is to nurture sound faith in the manner of the Salaf As-Salih (pious predecessors). Prior to Islam, they were a people without any sense of human achievement or performance, but once they were exposed to the empowering message of the Qur’an, they became energized and utterly transformed; they shook off their complacency and lethargy, and became peak performers and achievers. Whatever they touched was changed anew through their dynamic faith. The Qur’an spoke thus about their faith, “Is he - who was once dead and then We revived him (through the message of Islam) and thus We appointed for him a light whereby he walks among people - comparable to one who is steeped in darkness, never able to come out of it?” (Al-An`am: 122)

The remedy for fighting procrastination, therefore, is to nurture such dynamic faith.

Coming to precise tips based on such a vision that one can readily apply in order to empower oneself and shake off the habit of procrastination, let us state the following:

1) Procrastination is a learned habit; habits are formed by repeated acts. So the best way to fight procrastination is to take immediate steps to do the thing one is postponing. So every time one is tempted to procrastinate, one must do whatever it takes to do just the opposite. It may be hard in the beginning, but by repeating it over and over, one learns to break the habit. This process must continue until one has learned the new habit and thus it becomes a second nature.

2) As you rise in the morning put yourself in a positive mind set by counting the blessings of Allah thus emulating the beautiful example of our beloved Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, and praying to Allah to grant you a successful day full of blessings.

3) Try to start your work after Fajr for the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, prayed to Allah, “O Allah, bless my Ummah in their early morning endeavors.”

4) Turn to Allah in supplication and seek His help in fighting sloth, laziness and helplessness through the following prayers (Du`a’s):

Allahumma innee a`dhu bika mina al-‘ajzi wa al-kasal wa al-jubun wa al-bukhl wa ghalabati al-dayni wa qahri al-rrijaal
(O Allah, I seek refuge in You from helplessness, sloth, cowardice, niggardliness, and burden of debts and domineering men.)

Laa ilaaha illa Allaahu al-`azeem al-haleem, la ilaaha illa Allaahu rabbu al-`arshi al-`azeem, laa ilaaha illa Allaahu rabbu al-ssamaawaati wa al-ardhi wa rabbu al-`arshi al-kareem (There is no god but Allah, the Glorious and Clement; there is no god but Allah, Lord of the Great Throne; there is no god but Allah, Lord of the heavens and earth and the Noble Throne).”

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503545508

Also:

What we have mentioned is from among the ways that Satan hinders the human from doing some actions. He also whispers into the human a love for laziness, postponing or procrastinating actions and thinking about what a long period of time one has for such and such action or work. Ibn al-Jauzi has written on this topic, stating,

Gulyarasi
09-07-2006, 10:47 PM
try to make better ur sleeping times ıf they're disorderly
watch and force ur nafs ...
get a frıend who can support u to learn about Islam
But we are all lazzy and averse sometimes just because of sheetan n nafs ..

syilla
09-08-2006, 02:10 AM

excercise...try skipping, running and etc.

:w:

DigitalStorm82
09-08-2006, 09:17 AM
I agree.. whenever you feel lazy and don't feel like doing anything... drop down n do 50 pushups n situps.. That'll get your blood pumping.. plus it'll get you in shape ;)

lolwatever
09-08-2006, 09:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

How do I remove this laziness from within me? I feel so tired, I've just about starting praying 5 times a day, but I feel so tired, that I have no time to do other things...school work, read quraan, learn about islam.

So any tips...could be anything from what foods to eat, to what steps I should take.
all the above is cool, also stick around with friends they're a good source of encouragement inshaAllah :)

if there are none, then that's a test from Allah, so make sure you pass it :)

salamz

nishom
09-08-2006, 09:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

SALAAM,

I know what you mean.

I attend all prayers apart from the Morning prayer in the Mosque.

Whenever theres an islamic circle or programme, i just want to go home, chill and come back for the next prayer.

anonymous
09-08-2006, 10:11 AM
zat iz tooo bad. i feel lyk dat too

ere is da cure 4 lazyness:D

ere ere, lemme tell ya all how its don:p

dwink loads of water
i fink u feel drained n energyless.
so ven v feel lyk dat v need water
n fruit n veggie!!:D:D:D

also cut down on ya sleep if u fink ya sleep tooo much:p

erm erm dats all folks.:playing:

lolwatever
09-08-2006, 10:13 AM
^^ Chacha like advise :D:D:D

Inshallah
09-09-2006, 06:42 AM
You need to get the right amount of sleep every night, eat a healthy diet and drink lots of water and exercise accordingly. This should kick the lazyness right out of you and of course make dua to allah.

glo
09-09-2006, 07:29 AM
I agree with much that has been said here.

I don't know how old you are, or whether you are male or female.
Teenage girls can suffer with lack of iron in their blood ... that may be worth checking with your general practitioner (providing, of course, you fall into that group :))

If this tiredness is unusual for you, or has come on recently and/or suddenly, it is worth going to the doctors anyway.
Apart from that plenty of sleep, regular exercise, fresh air and healthy food are a good idea for all of us!

peace

- Qatada -
09-09-2006, 08:33 PM
:salamext:

Seek refuge in Allaah from laziness:

‘O Allaah, I am Your servant, son of Your servant, son of Your maidservant, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You which You name Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety.’

-----

‘O Allaah, I take refuge in You from anxiety and sorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debts and from being over powered by men.’

-----

‘Allaah is the greatest, Allaah is the greatest, Allaah is the greatest, How perfect He is, The One Who has place this (transport) at our service, and we ourselves would not have been capable of that, and to our Lord if our final destiny. O Allaah, we ask You for birr and taqwaa in this journey of ours, and we ask You for deeds which please You. O Allaah, facilitate our journey and let us cover its distance quickly. O Allaah, You are The Companion on the journey and The Successor over the family, O Allaah, I take refuge with You from the difficulties of travel, from having a change of hearts and being in a bad predicament, and I take refuge in You from an ill fated outcome with wealth and family.’

----

The dua's above are from http://makedua.com and are all from authentic ahadith insha'Allaah.

Al-Haakim reported in al-Mustadrak, and al-Tabaraani reported in al-Mu’jam, that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Faith wears out in the heart of any one of you just as clothes wear out, so ask Allaah to renew the faith in your hearts.” (Reported by al-Haakim in al-Mustadrak, 1/4;. Al-Haythami said in Majma’ al-Zawaa’id, 1/52, “It was reported by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer and its isnaad is saheeh.”)

This Hadith tells us that our faith will become weak but we will have to strengthen it with various actions and different good deeds. And more importantly, by asking Allaah Almighty to renew our faith insha'Allaah.

This might be through learning more about islam. Try looking in the islamic multimedia section to download some interesting islamic lectures insha'Allaah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-multimedia/

http://www.sahaba.net/

http://muttaqun.com/

http://www.islamicboard.com/biograph...lamic-figures/

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ln=eng

Also, refer to this post insha'Allaah regarding waswasa (satanic whispers):
http://www.islamicboard.com/434618-post7.html

Try doing new activities, for instance instead of just praying all the time; pray sometimes, write islamic stories sometimes, give da'wah (call people to islam), listen to lectures, help family and friends out to please Allaah Almighty etc. you will be rewarded for all of these acts insha'Allaah, just keep a good intention and keep praying to Allaah to strenghthen your faith and to keep us all on the right path insha'Allaah.

Allaah Almighty knows best.

:wasalamex

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.