/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Stop Governmental and institutional labeling of Muslims as Islamic Fascist

~Stranger~
09-07-2006, 07:39 PM
Stop Governmental and institutional labeling of Muslims as Islamic Fascist

Go to the following link to sign the petition to stop the institutionalized hate campaign against Islam

Stop Governmental and institutional labeling of Islam, Muslims, and Islamic culture as the War on Terrorism and Islamic Fascism

Islam, Muslims and Islamic culture is being labeled as terrorist, Islamic Fascist, extremist, and other degrading names to bring a negative association to Islam that will justify Western aggression.

Pressured to define the "War on Terrorism" the West had to come up with a negative connotation that would expand the meaning of and give a face to the war on terrorism.

This petition is just the start of approaching Western governmental and institutional concerns to change their definition of their war on terrorism from that of an Islamic nature to what the war really is, a war of Western aggression.

Islam does not condone the killing of innocent civilians. It does not condone the suicide of young children as a means of military combat. It does not condone the killing, rape, and torture of women, children, elderly and non-combatants.

Muslims in the West have to take a stand to reclaim the honor of Islam. We can not let any concerns outside of Islam redefine Islam for us. Whether it be governmental, institutional or criminal.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
09-07-2006, 07:41 PM
You know, even though I agree with what's being said, I really doubt the Government will take such petitions seriously.

Keltoi
09-08-2006, 03:22 PM
The accusation that someone is labeling all Muslims as "Islamic Fascists" is flawed in the first place. The enemies of the United States, who have a fascist ideology and who also claim to be practicing Muslims, receive the label "Islamic fascist". The fact that they claim to be practicing Muslims probably wouldn't have mattered, except the videos they release and the words they say are full of religious fervor and references. Can you think of a better label to put on them? The word terrorist might work, but there would still be the 10,000 pound elephant in the room.

Ghazi
09-08-2006, 03:24 PM
:sl:

edit

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
09-09-2006, 01:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
The accusation that someone is labeling all Muslims as "Islamic Fascists" is flawed in the first place. The enemies of the United States, who have a fascist ideology and who also claim to be practicing Muslims, receive the label "Islamic fascist". The fact that they claim to be practicing Muslims probably wouldn't have mattered, except the videos they release and the words they say are full of religious fervor and references. Can you think of a better label to put on them? The word terrorist might work, but there would still be the 10,000 pound elephant in the room.
Part of the reason why Muslims get ticked off at this labelling is because if you take for example the Ku Klux Klan - here are a bunch of psychos claiming to do what they do in the name of God, and yet nobody calls them 'Christian Extremists' or 'Christian Fascists'. Quite rightly too. To call them such would cast a bad light on Christianity as a whole, which is simply unfair as Chrisitianity as a whole does not condone such groups' activities.

Similarly, I see labels like 'Islamic fascists' irresponsible as they contribute to a climate of anti-Islamic sentiment. Sure, you can argue that 'hey, these terrorists make a big deal out of their religion', but you have to bear in mind that once the Government starts labelling people 'Islamic fascists', the Average Joe is going to equate Islam with fascism.

Keltoi
09-09-2006, 03:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Part of the reason why Muslims get ticked off at this labelling is because if you take for example the Ku Klux Klan - here are a bunch of psychos claiming to do what they do in the name of God, and yet nobody calls them 'Christian Extremists' or 'Christian Fascists'. Quite rightly too. To call them such would cast a bad light on Christianity as a whole, which is simply unfair as Chrisitianity as a whole does not condone such groups' activities.

Similarly, I see labels like 'Islamic fascists' irresponsible as they contribute to a climate of anti-Islamic sentiment. Sure, you can argue that 'hey, these terrorists make a big deal out of their religion', but you have to bear in mind that once the Government starts labelling people 'Islamic fascists', the Average Joe is going to equate Islam with fascism.
You make a good argument here, and I really can't disagree with your point. This is a bad label, especially from the point of view of everyday practicing Muslims. It isn't often that I say this, but I've been wrong in defending this label. I concede the point, it is a bad use of words.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.