/* */

PDA

View Full Version : SCARY Map? Any chance of this becoming a Reality?

Dahir
09-08-2006, 03:06 AM
I was surfing around the web, when an erie photo came up. It was a map. A map of what the Middle East could possibly look like -- possibly tomorrow -- maybe never.

Have a look and see if it has your skin crawling too. :muddlehea

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
therebbe
09-08-2006, 03:23 AM
Many people think the Kurdish people deserve there own country.

Dahir
09-08-2006, 03:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by therebbe
Many people think the Kurdish people deserve there own country.
I am one of those people, but it seems that much of the Persian world, as far as Iraq, does not want the Kurds to get their own nation. They should get it, I mean, Iraq is burning, but the Kurds are keeping neatly out of it, someone needs to give them some land.

...but look at the rest of this scary map...:uuh:

therebbe
09-08-2006, 03:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
I am one of those people, but it seems that much of the Persian world, as far as Iraq, does not want the Kurds to get their own nation. They should get it, I mean, Iraq is burning, but the Kurds are keeping neatly out of it, someone needs to give them some land.

...but look at the rest of this scary map...:uuh:

Well 20% of the people in Iraq are Kurds and they have been bullied and beat up by both Shia and Sunni so I think they deserve there own land.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghazi
09-08-2006, 03:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by therebbe
Well 20% of the people in Iraq are Kurds and they have been bullied and beat up by both Shia and Sunni so I think they deserve there own land.
Even if this was to happen most wars happen over landm don't want this to turn into another palistine do we know.

north_malaysian
09-08-2006, 03:48 AM
1) I think Greater Lebanon could include Antakya (Antioch) in Turkey as there are many Levant Arabs there...

2) Maybe Druzes could have an independent state too....

3) Southern Lebanon could be incorporated under Syria...

4) Why Jordan have northwestern part of Saudi?

5) Islamic Sacred State - GOOD IDEA!!!

6) Arab Shia State - I dont think the Baharnas (who follows Shaikhi madhhab) would like a state with Iraqi Shiites and Khozestani Arabs(Jafari madhhab). Maybe it should be three states:

a) Iraqi Shiite State
b) Arab Republic of Khozestan
c) Emirate of Baharna

7) Sunni Iraq seems so ISOLATED...

8) What a small 'PAKISTAN' maybe it should be renamed as Punjabistan.

Woodrow
09-08-2006, 03:51 AM
If you are refering to Palestine not being shown on it. Palestine isn't shown on many of today's maps either. Just noted as West Bank.

Dahir
09-08-2006, 03:52 AM
I saw something great in that map:

Do you see Western Saudi Arabia? That Islamic Sacred State. Its in Black, meanss its expanding. If it were a reality and it really was expanding, that would be awesome!

The ME has two options:

Either end up looking like the SCARY map.

Or UNITE!

Woodrow
09-08-2006, 04:01 AM

Do you see Western Saudi Arabia? That Islamic Sacred State. Its in Black, meanss its expanding. If it were a reality and it really was expanding, that would be awesome!

The ME has two options:

Or UNITE!
I doubt if you would ever get Iran to unite with any Arab nations. Not just the language barrier. Iran has a long history of being anti-Arab. I believe that is one thing that has kept the Mideastern countries from being a United whole.

north_malaysian
09-08-2006, 04:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
If you are refering to Palestine not being shown on it. Palestine isn't shown on many of today's maps either. Just noted as West Bank.
If you see maps in Malaysian textbook (Geography) the word 'West Bank' not even being mentioned... But it mentions Israel (according to Green Line)

north_malaysian
09-08-2006, 04:17 AM

The ME has two options:

Or UNITE!
Turkey, Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan to unite in the ME? Maybe you should unite from Indonesia to Morocco then!!! It would not be happen ... right now.. unless you're supporter of Hizbut Tahrir..

Woodrow
09-08-2006, 04:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Turkey, Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan to unite in the ME? Maybe you should unite from Indonesia to Morocco then!!! It would not be happen ... right now.. unless you're supporter of Hizbut Tahrir..
I could picture Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan uniting with each other and seperating from the Arab world. I suspect Turkey would more prefer to Unite with Europe.

I agree with you it would probably be no more difficult to get unification from Indonesia to Morocco then to get that region to unite among themselves.

north_malaysian
09-08-2006, 06:37 AM
I could picture Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan uniting with each other and seperating from the Arab world. I suspect Turkey would more prefer to Unite with Europe.

I agree with you it would probably be no more difficult to get unification from Indonesia to Morocco then to get that region to unite among themselves.
I wonder how Imam Al Mahdi would be able to unite us!!!? Allah knows the best!!!

Munda Pakistani
09-08-2006, 08:50 AM

Iran and Pakistan unite? I doubt it. Iran has always been pro-India, and has made this very clear by its actions on several occassions. Although Iran and India have distanced now that Iran has seen India's true colours (when India bowed to US pressure to vote against Iran at the UN while Pakistan abstained), I find it hard to imagine that the Pakistani government would forget Iran's track record regarding Pakistan very easily.

That said, the Pakistani people feel very close to Iran inspite of the Shiia-Sunni divide, especially after Iran's admirable stand against the US. In the event of a US attack on Iran, thousands of Pakistanis will most likely cross over through the porous Iran-Pakistan border to fight. That then might lead to far-reaching results.

The Pakistan-Afghanistan unification has been floated many times. This too now seems unlikely in light of Musharraf's support of Bush in Afghanistan, and the Afghani government's shameful attitude towards Pakistan (trying to make Pak the scapegoat for its own ineptitude, allowing Indian consulates inside Afghanistan which take advantage of the porous Durand line to send terrorists into Pakistan, completely ignoring how Pakistan has hosted more than 2 million Afghan refugess for more than 20 years who have been a huge burden on Pakistan's already weak economy).

north_malaysian
09-08-2006, 09:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Munda Pakistani
Iran and Pakistan unite? I doubt it. Iran has always been pro-India, and has made this very clear by its actions on several occassions. Although Iran and India have distanced now that Iran has seen India's true colours (when India bowed to US pressure to vote against Iran at the UN while Pakistan abstained), I find it hard to imagine that the Pakistani government would forget Iran's track record regarding Pakistan very easily.

That said, the Pakistani people feel very close to Iran inspite of the Shiia-Sunni divide, especially after Iran's admirable stand against the US. In the event of a US attack on Iran, thousands of Pakistanis will most likely cross over through the porous Iran-Pakistan border to fight. That then might lead to far-reaching results.

The Pakistan-Afghanistan unification has been floated many times. This too now seems unlikely in light of Musharraf's support of Bush in Afghanistan, and the Afghani government's shameful attitude towards Pakistan (trying to make Pak the scapegoat for its own ineptitude, allowing Indian consulates inside Afghanistan which take advantage of the porous Durand line to send terrorists into Pakistan, completely ignoring how Pakistan has hosted more than 2 million Afghan refugess for more than 20 years who have been a huge burden on Pakistan's already weak economy).
Is there any possibility for India-Pakistan-Bangladesh-Nepal-Bhutan-Afghanistan-Maldives-Sri Lanka to unite?

Muezzin
09-08-2006, 10:23 AM
Is there any possibility for India-Pakistan-Bangladesh-Nepal-Bhutan-Afghanistan-Maldives-Sri Lanka to unite?
Only if you're dreaming.

Ninth_Scribe
09-08-2006, 04:33 PM

The ME has two options:

Or UNITE!
Ezra believed in a separation of peoples... he based that on the fact that the differences between them were too great to over-come, especially when children were born into mixed unions (the parents would always fight over which language their children would speak and which tradition their child would follow). It caused a lot of dissention among the people.

2500 years later... I have to agree. These people will not Assemble, therefore there can be no guenuine "oneness" between them. At best, they ignore each-other. At worst, well....

Ninth Scribe

KAding
09-08-2006, 11:41 PM
SCARY Map?
What are you scared of exactly? The new layout or all the fighting that must precede it? Because quite frankly, some parts of that map make more sense than the real map.

Skillganon
09-09-2006, 02:31 AM
Pro Nationalism WARNING! WARNING!

Dahir
09-09-2006, 03:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
What are you scared of exactly? The new layout or all the fighting that must precede it? Because quite frankly, some parts of that map make more sense than the real map.
Land boundaries are formed through wars, KAder, the wars are what I'm scared of. :uuh:

KAding
09-09-2006, 10:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Pro Nationalism WARNING! WARNING!
Maybe not. Maybe the maps shows the administrative boundaries in the federal state of the Ummah!

Fishman
09-09-2006, 12:01 PM
:sl:
I know we want a completely unified Middle East, but let's face it, that probably 'aint gonna happen until the Mahdi comes. So...

Countering the scary map:

Now I'm not sure about the Afganistan-Iran state, but I had already joined them by the time I had doubts. I think it should join the central Asian state to the north.
The grey state around Jurusalem is run by a council of Jews, Christians and Muslims, to prevent conflict.
Israel is still there, but it's a bit smaller.
Armenia has a large strip of land so that it has access to shipping.
:w:

Ninth_Scribe
09-09-2006, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
I know we want a completely unified Middle East, but let's face it, that probably 'aint gonna happen until the Mahdi comes. So...
Until the Mahdi comes? Shivers! I've seen what this world does to its prophets... what makes you think any of them would come back here? Besides this, mankind is at an age now. It should be responsible enough to clean up it's own messes. None of the issues I've seen are so overwhelming they would require divine intervention. If it did come to that, mankind would be humiliating and pathetic. ****! Apart from some minor differences in language, traditional dress and diet, all our books say the same thing. We all know the rules. If I wanted to settle some disputes over interpretation of those rules, I'd be willing to face-off with the scholars I disagreed with. I wouldn't slam the door on their faces and try to end the dispute by killing all the ones who disagreed with me. That's... cheating intelligence! A true victory must win out in every form of reality; spiritual, intellectual, emotional and physical.

You don't need a Mahdi to figure that out.

Ninth Scribe

north_malaysian
09-13-2006, 04:56 AM

Countering the scary map:

Now I'm not sure about the Afganistan-Iran state, but I had already joined them by the time I had doubts. I think it should join the central Asian state to the north.
The grey state around Jurusalem is run by a council of Jews, Christians and Muslims, to prevent conflict.
Israel is still there, but it's a bit smaller.
Armenia has a large strip of land so that it has access to shipping.
The Grey state of Jerusalem is a cool idea... but what happens to Turkey and Kurdistan?

Curaezipirid
09-13-2006, 05:16 AM
Alaikumassalam,

Having no idea myself about who aligns with who in the regions of the world shown in the map, except for in two facts: that Muslims are always good guys except when being violent without any true Jihad; that Kurdish folk have been getting a hard time for too long; so I can express no clear opinions about the map. But what I can suggest is that the SCARYness factor could rapidly diminish if nobody had means to drive a motorcar, fly an areoplane, drive an armoured vehicle/submarine etc. any more. I reckon us Australians should stop exporting coal and uranium for a start.

mu'asalam

Fishman
09-13-2006, 06:24 PM
The Grey state of Jerusalem is a cool idea... but what happens to Turkey and Kurdistan?
Kurdistan is not a country, I don't think that the Ummah should be divided along ethnic lines. It is located in Causacusia, the Levant Republic and East Turkey.
Turkey is divided into two states, West Turkey and East Turkey.

The borders are drawn taking into account cultural and religious differences, for example I left Christian Amenia out of Muslim Causacusia.

north_malaysian
09-14-2006, 08:12 AM
Kurdistan is not a country, I don't think that the Ummah should be divided along ethnic lines. It is located in Causacusia, the Levant Republic and East Turkey.
Turkey is divided into two states, West Turkey and East Turkey.

The borders are drawn taking into account cultural and religious differences, for example I left Christian Amenia out of Muslim Causacusia.

turkey should never being divided...

Curaezipirid
09-14-2006, 11:57 AM
Alaikumassalam,

I know that there are also very many other ethnic groups in the Middle East whom are not gaining recognition. Kurds being only a larger language group than most. But I wonder as to the truth of the sanctity of such identities being sustained precisely because they have not their own "Nation State". Is it not why the map is 'scary', that we who are true believers, want not the be the governers of Nation States. Surely we would prefer to re-unite the Islamic Empire.

mu'asalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.