/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anybody from the US fasting today??

QuranStudy
09-08-2006, 02:51 PM
Anybody fasting today?? I just heard last night that yesterday will be taraweeh prayers (full moon) and so I am fasting today. I hope I don't scew up!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
09-08-2006, 02:55 PM
:sl:

Huh? Taraweeh it's not ramadan yet.

Jayda
09-08-2006, 02:57 PM
does ramadan correspond to advent?

- Qatada -
09-08-2006, 03:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda

You can refer to the islamic calendar here insha'Allaah:

http://moonsighting.com/calendars/2006global.html

http://moonsighting.com/calendars/2007global.html

The month of Ramadhaan is when the fasting starts, as an obligation insha'Allaah.

Allaah Almighty knows best.

Peace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
QuranStudy
09-08-2006, 03:15 PM
I am fasting as a practice. It's been a loong time since I fasted (3 years ago).

BlissfullyJaded
09-09-2006, 03:02 AM

Errr...its not Ramadan for another 2 weeks. And its not a full moon when its the 1st of Ramadan. Its a crescent at the beginning of the month, and a full moon in the middle of the month. :)

Most probably the fasting you're hearing about is for the 15th Shaban, which is not required, rather saying it is required is bid'ah.

samsam
09-09-2006, 05:06 AM
Huh? , it's not ramadhan yet!

glo
09-09-2006, 09:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
Ramadan relates to the moon phases, similar to Easter and Lent. Perhaps there is a connection there??:?

Kittygyal
09-09-2006, 02:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by QuranStudy
Anybody fasting today?? I just heard last night that yesterday will be taraweeh prayers (full moon) and so I am fasting today. I hope I don't scew up!

salam.
i know what you mean && where your coming from bro, but it's that day where people keep 1 fast in U.S && yes it was taraweeh in U.S because my cosuin kept a fast to.
w.salam

------
09-09-2006, 02:27 PM

Woah woah woah slow down! What taraweeh u ppl on about?! Its not ramadan yet! This fast that ur talking about is Nafl and is not Sunnah, meaning it is not compulsary to keep it.

:w:

Kittygyal
09-09-2006, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah

Woah woah woah slow down! What taraweeh u ppl on about?! Its not ramadan yet! This fast that ur talking about is Nafl and is not Sunnah, meaning it is not compulsary to keep it.

:w:

salam.
in U.S when people fast they do the prayer aswel. :)
w.salam

------
09-09-2006, 02:37 PM
But thats not right..! Taraweeh is only for Ramadan! If I'm mistaken someone correct me with reference from Qur'an/Hadith...Jazakallah.

- Qatada -
09-09-2006, 02:50 PM
:salamext:

Fasting on the day of the Mi’raaj and the day of Shab-e-baraath

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...g&txt=taraweeh

BlissfullyJaded
09-09-2006, 05:17 PM

Erm...nooo, the prayer is not Taraweeh! Taraweeh is only prayed in Ramadan. Its Salat at Tasbih you're hearing about... :? I'm not sure why they pray it on the 15th of Sha'ban, and as far as I've heard, its bid'ah. :?

S_87
09-09-2006, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Ramadan relates to the moon phases, similar to Easter and Lent. Perhaps there is a connection there??:?
Hi

not only Ramadhan but the whole muslim calender is based on the moon not the sun.

glo
09-09-2006, 08:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
Hi

not only Ramadhan but the whole muslim calender is based on the moon not the sun.
I didn't know that ... thanks. :)

Can you tell me why the moonphases are important? It seems to have a pagan ring to it ...

peace

- Qatada -
09-09-2006, 08:46 PM
Allaah Almighty knows best, but i think that the cycle of the moon is equal to a months time span - i.e. 29 or 30 days. Remember that the arabs at that time were an ignorant nation so they never had calendars. Therefore they depended on the mooncycle.

Peace.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.