/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are Islamic channels legal in America??

QuranStudy
09-08-2006, 06:18 PM
I needed to ask since I am interested in getting a channel without being accused of anti-semitism and links to Al-Quaeda :D :D

Anyways, is the Islamic Channel legal to have?? I live in a pretty non-Muslim environment and I want to watch programs (esp with my parents) that educate Islam.

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
09-08-2006, 06:20 PM
:sl:

Why not? If they start any drama use the wests favorite word "Freedom"

QuranStudy
09-08-2006, 06:24 PM
Why not? If they start any drama use the wests favorite word "Freedom"
Nah, they'll use the "terrorist" labelling on me :D :D

BlissfullyJaded
09-08-2006, 07:47 PM

There are no Islamic channels in America, as far as I know. Or are you talking about starting one? If so, why don't you contact CAIR and other such orgnazations to see if they are willing to come up with such a thing, because they usually are good at that stuff and know more about it. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
09-08-2006, 07:56 PM
My Son-in-Law watches Al-Jazeera and several other Arabic news channals via Satellite. He also watches a few Islamic channals from Pakistan. Most Satellite subscription providers will provide those, upon request.

My S-I-L is on "Dish Network 500"

QuranStudy
09-08-2006, 08:00 PM
They actually allow Al-Jazeera?? Wow

Starseeker
09-08-2006, 08:09 PM
I dont think it is I have family there and they all have satalites and can get signals for channels like Al-jazeera, Dubai, Suadi channel.

waji
09-08-2006, 08:38 PM

There is an islamic channel called Peace tv ,irf runs this channel from india
it is a good channel

Woodrow it's "Pakistan" not "Pakastan"

:w:

Helena
09-08-2006, 08:42 PM
yeah am waiting for peace tv..is that organised by dr zakir naik? hope its out in london soon inshalah.....

theres a new channel out on sky....825..i think..unity channel....(islamic channel)..hasnt prop started yet.....jus showing previews....

QuranStudy
09-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Is there any Channel that shows alot of programs by Zakir Naik? I am interested in getting an Islamic channel. Thanks.

BlissfullyJaded
09-08-2006, 08:59 PM

Oh, I thought you were talking about a channel based in America. If you're talking about Al Jazeera, and any other station, get a satellite dish and you have to subscribe for those stations I think. But yes, they are legal! :)

Helena
09-08-2006, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by QuranStudy
Is there any Channel that shows alot of programs by Zakir Naik? I am interested in getting an Islamic channel. Thanks.
erm nope.....islamic channel show his programmes quiet often....

its better off to download his lectures, or purchase his DVD.....

his simply best man....

therebbe
09-08-2006, 09:06 PM
interested in getting a channel without being accused of anti-semitism
Then how about getting a channel that does not promote Anti-Semitism.

Durrah
09-08-2006, 10:00 PM

Maybe you should try just getting one of those arabic satellites at home. I got one and it cost about £200 at the time, one off price and i get alot of the arab channels (some islamic channels or air relgious programmes), including some other ones like BBC worldnews 24.

Woodrow
09-08-2006, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wkas

There is an islamic channel called Peace tv ,irf runs this channel from india
it is a good channel

Woodrow it's "Pakistan" not "Pakastan"

:w:
That is how I spell it in my native language "Fluent Error" Thanks for pointing that out. I did not even notice I had mis spelled it. I'll go correct it.

Durrah
09-08-2006, 10:11 PM

Pakistan, Pakastan who cares. Its the same thing! Why nit pick wkas?

Inshallah
09-09-2006, 05:41 AM
Just get a satellite and receiver and you'll get all the islamic channels you need.

songinwind
09-09-2006, 10:11 AM
Yes its legal..why not? There could be many promblems about that due to freedom of rights. I have satellite , and they have a arabic satellite that one can get also, Its thur another company but your satellite co does install it also, and you pay the deposit directly to the arabic company. call you provider and ask, thay are very kind with answers..at least here in Ohio they are. I did hear that they will be offering new channels on cable too, So i would just call them,,I too live in non muslim community and felt this another way I can connect with muslims, inshaAllah.. Allah bless u, ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.