/* */

PDA

View Full Version : tuna in brine :rollseyes

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-08-2006, 08:04 PM
:sl:

da utha say i got told it was haram n i woz like :-\ noooo! so is it.. :rollseyes

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
09-08-2006, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe

da utha say i got told it was haram n i woz like :-\ noooo! so is it.. :rollseyes

:w:
to be honest I can not think of any way a person could make Tuna in Brine Haraam. Perhaps you could post what brand you are talking about and we could all look and see if there is a reason why someone would say it is Haraam.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-08-2006, 08:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
to be honest I can not think of any way a person could make Tuna in Brine Haraam. Perhaps you could post what brand you are talking about and we could all look and see if there is a reason why someone would say it is Haraam.
cant remember da brand, il post it up later

Helena
09-08-2006, 08:39 PM
nooooooo...that cannot be possibly rite sis....:uuh: :uuh: :uuh:

jus had tuna in brine.....mum made home-made sandwiches....delicious man...

are u sure? da ingredients dnt contain anything haraam.....are u abosolutely sure?

u defintley sure?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-08-2006, 08:44 PM
i bin told but dunno.. i love tuna :cry: :'(

Helena
09-08-2006, 08:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
i bin told but dunno.. i love tuna :cry: :'(

yeah moi tuna too man......we usually have da john west brand....

i dont get it...how can it be haraam? its fish at the end......

how did u find this out sis? this is the first time am hearing this....

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-08-2006, 08:48 PM
thats it! john west :p thats da 1.. lol

this girl i no told me :?

Helena
09-08-2006, 09:02 PM
john west is haraam...nooo way man...they do the best tuna...

is it the ingredients or da label?

any proof?

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-08-2006, 09:03 PM
nah i duno.. im searchn 4 answers :(

Helena
09-08-2006, 09:05 PM
let me knw sis...

this investigation shall carry on..let moi knw da result man....

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-08-2006, 09:09 PM
u research aswel.. cnt find nuttin :(

Helena
09-08-2006, 09:13 PM
yeah i will sis....

but i cant figure it out...how can it be haraam? :uuh: :uuh: :uuh:

Woodrow
09-08-2006, 09:18 PM
Personaly I suspect that this is a rumor started. A while back there was a big push to ban tuna as sometimes porposes get in the nets and drown. Also there is some talk that too much tuna may be harmfull as tuna from some areas is showing a high Mercury level.

Here are the ingrediants from the John West Site:

Tuna in Brine 425g
Tuna chunks in brine

Ingredients:
Lightmeat tuna (70%), Springwater, Salt

Source:http://www.johnwest.com.au/Products/...dProductType=1

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-08-2006, 09:19 PM
so irs harmful now :cry: i fink thats wat she meant 2 say but she said its haram bcuz ur harmin urself :rollseyes

Helena
09-08-2006, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Personaly I suspect that this is a rumor started. A while back there was a big push to ban tuna as sometimes porposes get in the nets and drown. Also there is some talk that too much tuna may be harmfull as tuna from some areas is showing a high Mercury level.

Here are the ingrediants from the John West Site:

Tuna in Brine 425g
Tuna chunks in brine

Ingredients:
Lightmeat tuna (70%), Springwater, Salt

Source:http://www.johnwest.com.au/Products/...dProductType=1
its halaal rite...must be a rumour.....man i nearly got a heart attack...

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-08-2006, 09:22 PM
innit.. :( but its harmful!

Helena
09-08-2006, 09:26 PM
yeah its harmful...

but am sure having it once in a while...wont effect us..

Woodrow
09-08-2006, 09:34 PM
I would only be concerned about the mercury levels if you ate a lot, say like every day. Or if you were pregnant. I notice that is a UK company, that Tuna most likely comes from the North Sea. I doubt if you even have any mercury problems there. The USA coasts have become notorious for mercury.

I want to blame it on our nuclear power plants. But, so far can't find any link.

Snowflake
09-09-2006, 04:36 PM
I think we should be more worried about having a mouth full of mercury in tooth fillings than eating tuna once in a while.

We can't label tuna as haraam just because it may be contaminated with mercury. In that case all agricultural produce (except organic) would become haraam as it's all laced with pesticides which are also harmful to health. I once read somewhere that reciting Bismillah before eating food, assures benefit from it even if the food is poor quality. Allah knows best.

akulion
09-09-2006, 04:42 PM
Brine is water saturated or nearly saturated with salt. (source: wikipedia

tuna is a fish

so both are halal thus its halal 100%

and if anyne says otherwise they must present their evidence from accredited sources and not imam bubba bob billy of the university of outhouse

*Hana*
09-09-2006, 04:49 PM

Ufff, people today try to make everything haram. Tuna lives in briney water....it's salt water, period. There is no way, no how, tuna can be haram. Eat 'til your heart's content. It is absolutely, positively, unquestionably, HALAL!

Wasalam,
Hana

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
09-09-2006, 04:50 PM
LOLLL^

Rumours hey.

*noor
09-10-2006, 01:25 PM
i never expected it to be haraam....i mean how could something so good be haraam???

its fish...its so halaal

i hate these "this is haraam" rumors!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.