/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Official Hadith of the Day Thread

Nafiisah
04-30-2006, 07:35 AM
:sl:
I wanted to create this thread so that each of us may post hadiths. (quote the source of the hadith please if u have it). In this way, we may learn even more about the Sunnah of our Prophet(sallahu '3alaihi wassallam)

Wa barakallhu feekum
Nafiisah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nafiisah
04-30-2006, 07:40 AM
The Propher(sallahu 3alaihi wassallam) said:"Strength is in the power to control oneself in anger, not in the size of the muscles"
He (sallahu 3alaihi wassallam) was asked:"So Messenger of Allh,what is the treatment for anger?" He (sallahu 3alaihi wassallam) said

"If a man gets angry while fe is standing up, he should sit until he regains composure. Otherwise, he should lie down " [Ahmad and Bukhari]

Nafiisah
04-30-2006, 07:42 AM
He (sallahu 'alaihi wassallam) also said:
"Whoever controls his temper while he is able to retaliate will be called by Allah before all of His creations and allowed to select among lovely wide-eyed beauties whomever he desires to be wed with"

Nafiisah
04-30-2006, 07:46 AM
Prophet Muhammed (sallahu 3alaihi wassallam) said"anyone who believes in Allah and the Last Day should either say something good or keep quiet"

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nafiisah
04-30-2006, 07:49 AM
He(sallahu 'alaihi wassallam) said" Whoever observes fasting for a day seeking by that the pleasure of Allah, Allah will keep his face away from hell adistance of 70 years"

------
04-30-2006, 11:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nafiisah
He(sallahu 'alaihi wassallam) said" Whoever observes fasting for a day seeking by that the pleasure of Allah, Allah will keep his face away from hell adistance of 70 years"
Subhanallah! Allah is merciful!

------
04-30-2006, 11:37 AM
Sahih Bukhari

Book 2, Hadith 15

Narrated by Anas

The Prophet said, “Whoever possesses the following three qualities will have the sweetness (delight) of faith.

1. The one to whom Allah and His Apostle become dearer than anything else.
2. Who loves a person and he loves him only for Allah’s sake.
3. Who hates to revert to Atheism (disbelief) as he hates to be thrown into the fire.”

------
04-30-2006, 11:38 AM
Sahih Bukhari

Book 2, Hadith 32

Narrated by Abu Huraira

The Prophet said, “The signs of a hypocrite are three:
1. Whenever he speaks, he tells a lie.
2. Whenever he promises, he always breaks it (his promise).
3. If you trust him, he proves to be dishonest. (If you keep as a trust with him, he will not return it.

------
04-30-2006, 11:38 AM
VERY IMPORTANT

Sahih Bukhari

Book 10, Hadith 531

Narrated by Abu Huraira

Allah’s Apostle said, “If anyone of you can get one Rak’a of the ‘Asr prayer before sunset, he should complete his prayer. If any of you can get one Rak’a of the Fajr prayer before sunrise, he should complete his prayer.”

x Maz x
04-30-2006, 11:46 AM
"If you guarantee me six things on your part I shall guarantee you Paradise : Speak the truth when you talk, keep a promise when you make it, when you are trusted with something fulfill your trust, avoid sexual immorality, lower your gaze (in modesty), and restrain your hands from injustice." - Al Tirmidhi, Hadith 1260

"Fear Allah and be patient.'' [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Ibn Umar reported that the Prophet (pbuh) said: "Do not indulge in empty useless talk without the remembrance of Allah, for excessive talk without Allah's remembrance hardens the heart; and the person farthest from Allah is the one who has a hard heart" [reported by at-Tirmidhi]

Also not a hadith but a saying...
Four things are useless and these are:
Knowledge without practice;
Wealth without expenditure in the way of Allah;
Piety for the sake of show prompted by worldliness;
A long life with no stock of good deeds. (Uthman RA)

Halima
04-30-2006, 07:54 PM

Thread moved please post topics in the right section.

:w:

Nafiisah
05-02-2006, 05:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima

Thread moved please post topics in the right section.

Wa'3alaikum salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaat
In which section has the thread been moved to ,please?

Shukrann
Nafiisah

extinction
05-02-2006, 05:50 AM
Verily all actions depend on intentions (sahih bukhari 1st hadith I think)

Nafiisah
05-02-2006, 06:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
Verily all actions depend on intentions (sahih bukhari 1st hadith I think)
It continues like this and is narrated from 'Umar bin Al Khattab(radhi Allahu 'anh)
Every person will get the reward according to what he has intended.so whoever emigrated for wordly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration was for what he emigrated for":w:

extinction
05-02-2006, 06:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nafiisah
It continues like this and is narrated from 'Umar bin Al Khattab(radhi Allahu 'anh)
Every person will get the reward according to what he has intended.so whoever emigrated for wordly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration was for what he emigrated for":w:
jazakallah for that I was aware of the rest just didnt know a good enough english translation......

Nafiisah
05-02-2006, 06:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
jazakallah for that I was aware of the rest just didnt know a good enough english translation......
Wa baarakallhu feekum
nafiisah

syilla
05-02-2006, 08:05 AM
And he sallallaahu alayhi was salaam said:

‘Marry productive, loving women, because I will have the largest number of followers on the Day of Resurrection.’ (Abu Dawud no. 2050, An-Nasa'i no. 3229, Ahmad 3/158, 245 & Ibn Hibban no. 4028)

Narrated by Imaam Ahmad and authenticated by Ibn Hibban.

taken from FatwaIslam.Com : On delaying the marriage of a young woman until completion of high school or university education.

Mawaddah
05-02-2006, 09:11 PM
He, sallAllaahu `alaihi wa sallam, said: "Whosoever learns knowledge by which is to be sought the Face of Allaah, but he does not do so except to goal of this world, he will not smell the odour of Paradise on the Day of Resurrection.

Reported by Ahmad from Abu Hurairah

extinction
05-02-2006, 09:17 PM
khairukum man tallalamu quraan wa allamahu the best amongst you is one who learns the quraan and teaches it

Mawaddah
05-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Qaal Rasululllah Sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam

" La Yu'minu Ahadukum hattaa Yakuunu Hawaahu taba' an limaa ji'tu bihi"

One of you does not truly beleive until his inclination is in accordance with what I have brought

amirah_87
05-03-2006, 01:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AsilahRana
Qaal Rasululllah Sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam

" La Yu'minu Ahadukum hattaa Yakuunu Hawaahu taba' an limaa ji'tu bihi"

One of you does not truly beleive until his inclination is in accordance with what I have brought
HEY NAF NAF !!!! DID YOU KNOW THAT THAT HADEETH IS ACTUALLY DA'EEF....YEP ,:okay:
I CAN'T REMEMBER THE 3ILLAH THOUGH AT THE MO' , BUT IT DOES HAVE SOME SHAWAAHID WAL MUTAABA3AAT.

amirah_87
05-03-2006, 01:17 PM
Wa 3an Abi Sa'eed Al-khudri Radiyallaahu 3anhu, Qaala Qalaa Rasuululaahi 3alayhi Wassalaam:

Inna Allaaha Laa Yandur Ila Sawarikum Wa Laa Ilaa Ajsaamikum Wa Likin Yandur Ila Quluubikum Wa A'3maalikum....
Rawaahu Muslim.

- Qatada -
05-03-2006, 01:17 PM
:salamext:

You can use these as your sigs aswell insha'Allaah, by pasting that code in your signature area insha'Allaah.

[ IMG]http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/5279/silence9ix.gif[/IMG]

[ img]http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/4241/goodwipebaddeed0uv.gif[/img]

[ IMG]http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/8338/kindness7dg.gif[/IMG]

[ IMG]http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/8079/heartanddeeds4as.gif[/IMG]

:wasalamex

Mawaddah
05-03-2006, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
HEY NAF NAF !!!! DID YOU KNOW THAT THAT HADEETH IS ACTUALLY DA'EEF....YEP ,:okay:
I CAN'T REMEMBER THE 3ILLAH THOUGH AT THE MO' , BUT IT DOES HAVE SOME SHAWAAHID WAL MUTAABA3AAT.

:eek: :eek: ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!! Wow,,, the reason why I put that Hadeeth up there was because I had taught it earlier (last sunday to be exact :p ) To my students.........didn't know it was Dha'eef?? I read Sheikh Ibn Uthaimeens Sharh on it and Bayhaqee and Nawawee and alla that and they didn't say anything?
Hey can you please tell me the 'Illah? :X

And Hey!!! you're giving out my secret nickname!! ;D

Mawaddah
05-03-2006, 02:34 PM
Bro Fi_Sabilillah Jazakallah Khair for the sigs ;)

Farhiya
05-03-2006, 07:19 PM

Volume 4, Book 52, Number 41:

Narrated Abdullah bin Masud:

I asked Allah's Apostle, "O Allah's Apostle! What is the best deed?" He replied, "To offer the prayers at their early stated fixed times." I asked, "What is next in goodness?" He replied, "To be good and dutiful to your parents." I further asked, what is next in goodness?" He replied, "To participate in Jihad in Allah's Cause." I did not ask Allah's Apostle anymore and if I had asked him more, he would have told me more.

amirah_87
05-06-2006, 01:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AsilahRana
:eek: :eek: ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!! Wow,,, the reason why I put that Hadeeth up there was because I had taught it earlier (last sunday to be exact :p ) To my students.........didn't know it was Dha'eef?? I read Sheikh Ibn Uthaimeens Sharh on it and Bayhaqee and Nawawee and alla that and they didn't say anything?
Hey can you please tell me the 'Illah? :X

And Hey!!! you're giving out my secret nickname!! ;D
YEEEEPPPOOOOO!!!!!

Yeah we were takin' it a lesson with THE sheikh a couple of months back ....
i don't have my dars as-shiekh book on me it's still back in D.J with most of my other important notes , i'll ask shaheedah for you insha'allah !!!

Malaikah
05-07-2006, 08:01 AM

From Anas, radiyallahu 'anhu, who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, say:

"Allah the Almighty has said: 'O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me, and hope in Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds in the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I shall forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with an earthful of sins and were you then to face Me, without having associated anything with Me, I shall grant you an earthful of pardon.'"

[Recorded by Al-Tirmidhi, who said that it is a good and sound hadith]

Sahih Muslim Book 040, Number 6781:

Abu Huraira reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, said: I have prepared for My pious servants which no eye (has ever) seen, no ear has (ever) heard and no human heart has ever perceived those bounties leaving apart (those bounties) about which Allah has informed you.

"Do you know who is bankrupt?" The Companions replied, 'The bankrupt amongst us is the person who has no money or property." The Prophet (pbuh) said, "The bankrupt from amongst my Ummah is the one who will come on the Day of Resurrection with a good record of Salaah, Sawm and Zakaah. But he also had cursed someone, slandered against someone, unlawfully took the property of another, killed someone or beat someone. Then all of these abused persons will receive parts of his Hasanaat. When all of his Hasanaat have been removed from his record after he pays back for what he owes, then the aggrieved persons' sins will be transferred to and thrown on him and he will be thrown into the Fire."
[Related by Muslim and Tirmidhi]

Malaikah
05-07-2006, 08:03 AM

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet said, "When a human being is laid in his grave and his companions return and he even hears their foot steps, two angels come to him and make him sit and ask him: What did you use to say about this man, Muhammad ? He will say: I testify that he is Allah's slave and His Apostle. Then it will be said to him, 'Look at your place in the Hell-Fire. Allah has given you a place in Paradise instead of it.' " The Prophet added, "The dead person will see both his places. But a non-believer or a hypocrite will say to the angels, 'I do not know, but I used to say what the people used to say! It will be said to him, 'Neither did you know nor did you take the guidance (by reciting the Quran).' Then he will be hit with an iron hammer between his two ears, and he will cry and that cry will be heard by whatever approaches him except human beings and jinns."

[Sahih Bukhari]

The prophet (S.A.W.) said:

"Allah ordered (the appointed angels over you) that the good and the bad deeds be written, and He then showed (the way) how (to write). If someone intends to do a good deed and he dose not do it, then Allah will write for him a full good deed; and if he intends to do a good deed and actually did it, then Allah will write for him (its reward equal) from ten to seven hundred times to many more times. And If someone intends to do a bad deed and he dose not do it, then Allah will write for him a full good deed (in his account) with Him, and if he intends to do a bad deed and actually did it, then Allah will write for him one bad deed."
[Sahih Bukhari 8/6491]

Malaikah
05-07-2006, 08:21 AM

Prophet Mohammed (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam) made clear that racism has no place in Islam:

"O people! Verily your Lord is one and your father is one. All of you belong to one ancestry of Adam and Adam was created out of clay. There is no superiority for an Arab over a non-Arab and for a non-Arab over an Arab; nor for white over the black nor for the black over the white except in piety. Verily the noblest among you is he who is the most pious."

“Whoever defends the honor of their fellow muslim in absence has the right over Allah to be freed from the Fire.”
[Saheeh, Ahmad, al-Tabarani. ]

nurul3eyn
05-07-2006, 09:32 AM

Gates of Paradise

Descriptions of Paradise from the Hadeeth

Sahl bin Sa`d reported that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Paradise has eight gates, and one of them is called ar-Rayyaan, through which none will enter but those who observe fasting." [al-Bukhaari]

Abu Hurayrah narrated that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Whoever spends two things in the way of Allah will be called from the gates of Paradise and will be addressed, 'Oh slave of Allah, here is prosperity!' So whoever was among the people who used to offer their prayers will be called from the gate of the prayer; and whoever was among the people who used to participate in jihaad will be called from the gate of jihaad; and whoever was among those who used to observer fasts will be called from the gate of ar-Rayyaan; and whoever was among those who used to give charity will be called from the gate of charity." Abu Bakr said, "Let my parents be sacrificed for you, oh Allah's Apostle! No distress or need will befall him who will be called from those gates. Will there be anyone who will be called from all these gates?" The Prophet (peace be upon him) replied, "Yes, and I hope you will be one of them." [al-Bukhaari]

`Uqba ibn `Aamir said: "We were entrusted with the task of tending the camels. On my turn, when I came back in the evening after grazing them in the pastures, I found Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) stand and address the people. I heard these words of his, 'If any Muslim performs ablution well, then stands and prays two rak`ahs, setting about them with his heart as well as his face, Paradise will be guaranteed to him.' I said, 'What a fine thing this is!' A narrator who was before me said, 'The first was even better than this.' When I cast a glance, I saw that it was `Umar who said, 'I see that you have just come and observed. If anyone among you performs the ablution, completes the ablution well and says, "I testify that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is the servant of Allah and His Messenger," then the eight gates of Paradise will be opened for him and he may enter by whichever of them he wishes."

Abu Hurayrah narrated that the Messenger (peace be upon him) said: "The gates of Paradise will be opened on Monday and on Thursdays, and every servant [of Allah] who associates nothing with Allah will be forgiven, except for the man who has a grudge against his brother. [About them] it will be said, 'Delay these two until they are reconciled. Delay these two
until they are reconciled. Delay these two until they are reconciled.'"

nurul3eyn
05-07-2006, 10:11 AM
'Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle took hold of my shoulder and said, 'Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveler." The sub-narrator added: Ibn 'Umar used to say, "If you survive till the evening, do not expect to be alive in the morning, and if you survive till the morning, do not expect to be alive in the evening, and take from your health for your sickness, and (take) from your life for your death."

amirah_87
05-08-2006, 12:51 PM
wa 3an abi sa'eed al-khudri radyallaahu 3anhu , qaal : qaal rasuulullaahi salalaahu alayhi wa sallam :

inaa ad-dunya hulwatun khadira wa inallaaha mustakhalifakum fiyhaa fayandur kayf ta3maluun, fattaqquu ad-dunya wattaqqun nis'aa fa inna awwal fitna banii israa'eel kaanat fi an-nisaa!!!

rawaahu muslim!

this is one of my fav ahaadeeth , asilahrana & nawaal89 know why :p:p

------
05-08-2006, 12:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nurul3eyn
'Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle took hold of my shoulder and said, 'Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveler." The sub-narrator added: Ibn 'Umar used to say, "If you survive till the evening, do not expect to be alive in the morning, and if you survive till the morning, do not expect to be alive in the evening, and take from your health for your sickness, and (take) from your life for your death."
Can u put the reference on whenever u post a hadith Jazakallah :D

Nafiisah
05-16-2006, 05:23 AM
The Prophet(sallahu 3alaihi wasallam) said
"Remain upright as much as u can though u can never attain the highest level of uprightness.Know that the Best of your deeds is prayers. It is only the one who upholds the observation of ablution that is a real believer"Ahmad and Ibn Maajah

------
05-16-2006, 10:16 AM
Thats a beautiful Hadith Masha'Allah!!!

romina
05-18-2006, 08:10 PM
he who will not endure the hardship of instruction will forever remain debased and in ignorance

romina
05-18-2006, 08:11 PM
he who contents with little frees himself of the desire for abundance

romina
05-18-2006, 08:13 PM
to ends can be pursued forever;wisdom and knowledge

romina
05-18-2006, 08:14 PM
fear god ; for he hears all you say and konws all you think

romina
05-18-2006, 08:16 PM
teaching that does not correct comes to naught

romina
05-18-2006, 08:18 PM
the wrost man is the one who deems himself the best

romina
05-18-2006, 08:20 PM
the man of greatest merit smothers his anger ; and refuses to take advantage of his power

romina
05-18-2006, 08:21 PM
speak;that you may make yourself known;for a man is hidden beneath his tongue.

city_dweller
05-19-2006, 06:46 PM
Narrated Abu Huraira (ra): I heard Allaah's Messenger (saw) saying, "Allaah will grasp the whole (planet of) earth (by His Hand), and roll all the heavens up with His Right Hand, and then He will say, 'I am the King; where are the kings of the earth?'"

As-Sahih Al-Bukhari
58. The Book of Commentary
Ahadeeth no. 1771

romina
05-22-2006, 05:11 PM
negligence is Satan's aim which sows in the hearts of the believers

romina
05-22-2006, 05:12 PM
let a helping hand to the poor for they will have great wealth on the day of Judgment

romina
05-22-2006, 05:13 PM
accept the apology of him who seeks your forgiveness

romina
05-22-2006, 05:16 PM
teacher and pupil participate equally in god's reward
May we obwy this hadith

romina
05-22-2006, 05:17 PM
the wrost man is the one who deems himself the best

My kind Allah,save us

romina
05-22-2006, 05:18 PM
the man whose life is of no service to others is to be counted among the dead

Malaikah
05-23-2006, 12:15 PM
:sl: sis romina do you have any references for your posts?

Nafiisah
05-23-2006, 04:19 PM
Assalaamou'alaikum
On reporting ahadith, please do quote sources if you may
so that they are not taken as wise sayings by other people
BaarakAllahu feekhum

romina
05-25-2006, 12:02 PM
cherish for your muslim brother what you cherish for your self

Malaikah
05-31-2006, 11:07 AM

"Beware of suspicion, for speaking on the basis of suspicion is the worst kind of lie. Do not seek out one another's faults, do not spy on one another, do not compete with one another, do not envy one another, do not hate one another, and do not turn away from one another. O servants of Allah (SWT), be brothers."
[Bukhari and Muslim]

Malaikah
05-31-2006, 11:09 AM

Sahih Bukhari

Volume 2, Book 24, Number 490:
Narrated Ibn Masud:

I heard the Prophet saying, "There is no envy except in two: a person whom Allah has given wealth and he spends it in the right way, and a person whom Allah has given wisdom (i.e. religious knowledge) and he gives his decisions accordingly and teaches it to the others."

Nafiisah
06-01-2006, 03:24 PM
Narrated by Aisha (Radhiallaho anha):
Allah's Messenger (sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) used to like sweet edible things and honey.

Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol. 7 : No. 504

Kidman
06-01-2006, 03:51 PM
On Alcohol:

Imam Ali Ar-Reza (A.S): "Allah Knows better that every Prophet who has been sent by Him did not have his religion completed till wine was prohibited. Wine has always been haram."

Imam Ja'far as-Sadiq (A.S) narrates from the Prophet (PBUH&HF): "Accursed, Accursed is the one who sits at a table where wine is being served"

-then Imam (A.S) himself tells them: "Do not sit with drunkards, because when the curse descends it engulfs all the people in the company of the drunkards."

Thanks,
kidman

Ghazi
06-01-2006, 03:56 PM

Imam Ali Ar-Reza (A.S): "Allah Knows better that every Prophet who has been sent by Him did not have his religion completed till wine was prohibited. Wine has always been haram."

I thought wine was actually Halaal for a while and it was later made haraam how authentic is that hadith?

Kidman
06-01-2006, 04:13 PM
I'd have to look it up... But it's a popular for Shia's, i don't know about Sunni's. I have to look up if this is Imam Reza's personal saying or if it's a Hadith from the Prophet (pbuH&HF).

Peace,
Kidman

- Qatada -
06-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Brother kidman, i don't mean no offence - but please can you post only the authentic ahadith you know of, with the source please.

It's part of the forum rules:

Do not say "Islam says X" unless your position is based upon sound evidence - which means the Qur'an and the Sunnah. Always cite your sources. If quoting the Qur'an, give soorah (chapter) and ayah (verse) number. For ahadeeth, you must the name of the collection, volume/book number and hadeeth number. Unless you quoting from an agreed-upon authenthic collection (i.e. Bukharee, Muslim) you must also provide authenthic information. 3% warning

Thanks. :)

Kidman
06-02-2006, 03:00 PM
who made Bukharee and Muslim the "agreed-upon" authentic collection? So i am not allowed to post the ahadeeth from the scholars I believe to be true? I will site the sources next time... accordingly from the book of ahadeeths that I believe to be true and authentic... like Usul al-Kafi and Bihar ul Anwar; But if you don't like me to post these then... well let me know and I will leave...

Thanks,
Kidman

Nafiisah
06-10-2006, 01:50 PM
Narrated by Abu Huraira (Radhiallaho anho):
Allah's Messenger (sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) said, "If Allah wants to do good to somebody, He afflicts him with trials."

Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol. 7 : No. 548

Nafiisah
06-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Narrated by Kab (Radhiallaho anho):
Allah's Messenger (sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) said, "The example of a believer is that of a fresh tender plant, which the wind bends it sometimes and some other time it makes it straight. And the example of a hypocrite is that of a pine tree which keeps straight till once it is uprooted suddenly.

Malaikah
06-22-2006, 12:37 PM

Narrated Abu Hurairah: Allahs Messenger pbuh said: "Whosoever says Subhan allahi wa bihamdihi, one hundred times a day, will be forgiven all this sins even if they were as much as the foam of the sea"
[Sahih Bukhari]

Narrated Abu Hurairah: Allahs Messenger pbuh said: "Whosoever says: La ilaha illallahu wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu wa Huwa 'ala kulli shai'in Qadir*, one hundred times will get the same reward as given for manumitting ten slaves; and one hundred good deeds will be written in his accounts, and one hundred sins will be deducted from his accounts, and it (his saying) will be a sheild for him from Satan on that day till night, and nobody will be able to do a better deed except the one who does more than he."
[Sahih Bukhari]

*None has the right to be worshipped but Allah (Alone) Who has no partner; to Him belongs the kingdom (of the universe), and for Him are all the praises, and He has the power to do everything.

Nafiisah
07-14-2006, 07:20 AM
Allah’s Messenger said, "Allah shows compassion only to those among His slaves who are compassionate." (Al-Bukhâri and Muslim)

Narrated Abû Hurairah: Allah’s Messenger said, "The strong man is not one who is good at wrestling, but the strong man is one who controls himself in â fit of rage." (Al-Bukhâri and Muslim)

Narrated ‘Abdullah bin Abu Aufa : Allah’s Messenger, at a time when he was face to face with the enemy, and was waiting for the sun to decline, stood up and said, " O people! Do not long for an encounter with the enemy and supplicate to Allah to grant you security. But if you face the enemy, you should show patience and steadfastness; and keep it in mind that Paradise lies under the shade of the swords." Then he invoked Allah, saying, "O Allah, Revealer of the Book, Disperser of the clouds, Defeater of the Confederates, put our enemy to rout and help us in over-powering them." (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Narrated Abu Hurairah: Allah’s Messenger said, "It is from the excellence of (a believer’s) Islam that he should abandon that which is of no benefit to him (in this world and the Hereafter)." (At- Tirmidhi )

Narrated ‘Umar bin Al-Khattab: I heard Allah’s Messenger saying. "If you all relied on Allah with due reliance, He would certainly give you provision as He gives it to birds who issue forth hungry in the morning and return with full belly at dusk."(At-Tirmidhi)

May Allah inspire us all of these, inshaaAllah
wasalaam 3alaikum

`Abd al-Azeez
09-08-2006, 10:35 PM

Well since I didn't see any other official hadith topics here, I think we should start :)

Please only posts ahadiths in this thread, thx:

Hadith Qudsi

‏حدثنا ‏ ‏قتيبة بن سعيد ‏ ‏وزهير بن حرب ‏ ‏واللفظ ‏ ‏لقتيبة ‏ ‏قالا حدثنا ‏ ‏جرير ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏الأعمش ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏أبي صالح ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏أبي هريرة ‏ ‏قال ‏
‏قال رسول الله ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏يقول الله عز وجل ‏ ‏أنا عند ظن عبدي بي وأنا معه حين يذكرني إن ذكرني في نفسه ذكرته في نفسي وإن ذكرني في ملإ ذكرته في ملإ هم خير منهم وإن تقرب مني شبرا تقربت إليه ذراعا وإن تقرب إلي ذراعا تقربت منه باعا وإن أتاني يمشي أتيته هرولة ‏
‏حدثنا ‏ ‏أبو بكر بن أبي شيبة ‏ ‏وأبو كريب ‏ ‏قالا حدثنا ‏ ‏أبو معاوية ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏الأعمش ‏ ‏بهذا الإسناد ‏ ‏ولم يذكر وإن تقرب إلي ذراعا تقربت منه باعا ‏

---------

Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, reported:
Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, stated: I am near to the thought of My servant as he thinks about Me, and I am with him as he remembers Me. And if he remembers Me in his heart, I also remember him in My Heart, and if he remembers Me in assembly I remember him in assembly, better than his (remembrance), and if he draws near Me by the span of a palm, I draw near him by a cubit, and if he draws near Me by a cubit I draw near him by the space (covered by) two arms. And if he walks towards Me, I rush towards him.

Sahih Muslim # 1537

~SOURCE

Durrah
09-08-2006, 10:40 PM

Jazka allahu khair

`Abd al-Azeez
09-09-2006, 02:07 PM

Hadeeth Qudsi

‏ ‏حدثنا ‏ ‏قتيبة بن سعيد ‏ ‏حدثنا ‏ ‏المغيرة يعني الحزامي ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏أبي الزناد ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏الأعرج ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏أبي هريرة ‏
‏أن النبي ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏قال لما خلق الله الخلق كتب في كتابه فهو عنده فوق العرش ‏ ‏إن رحمتي تغلب غضبي ‏

-----------

Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, reported:
Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: When Allah created the creation He put down in his Book, which is with Him upon the Throne: Verily, My mercy predominates My wrath.

Sahih Muslim #1571

SOURCE

------
09-09-2006, 02:10 PM
There is already a hadith thread somewhere.

`Abd al-Azeez
09-09-2006, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
There is already a hadith thread somewhere.
I thought there was too but since I didn't see one I thought we should start one...

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-09-2006, 02:13 PM
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 74:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (SAW) said, "Beware of suspicion (about others), as suspicion is the falsest talk, and do not spy upon each other, and do not listen to the evil talk of the people about others' affairs, and do not have enmity with one another, but be brothers. And none should ask for the hand of a girl who is already engaged to his (Muslim) brother, but one should wait till the first suitor marries her or leaves her."

Source

`Abd al-Azeez
09-11-2006, 07:38 PM

‏ ‏حدثنا ‏ ‏أبو بكر بن أبي شيبة ‏ ‏وأبو عامر الأشعري ‏ ‏قالا حدثنا ‏ ‏عبد الله بن إدريس ‏ ‏وأبو أسامة ‏ ‏ح ‏ ‏و حدثنا ‏ ‏محمد بن العلاء أبو كريب ‏ ‏حدثنا ‏ ‏ابن المبارك ‏ ‏وابن إدريس ‏ ‏وأبو أسامة ‏ ‏كلهم ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏بريد ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏أبي بردة ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏أبي موسى ‏ ‏قال ‏
‏قال رسول الله ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏المؤمن للمؤمن كالبنيان يشد بعضه بعضا ‏

---------

Abu Musa, may Allah be pleased with him, reported:
Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: A believer to another believer is like a wall of bricks supporting each other.

Nafiisah
10-08-2006, 05:24 AM
Assalaamou3alaikum brothers and sisters feed-deen
Elhamdulillah, may u be doing all fine

Bismillah Walhamdulillah Was Salaatu Was Salaam 'ala Rasulillah As-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu

Allah's Messenger (sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) said "The blessed month has come to you. Allah has made fasting during it obligatory upon you. During it, the gates to Paradise are opened and the gates to hellfire are locked, and the devils are chained. There is a night [during this month] which is better than a thousand months. Whoever is deprived of its good is really deprived [of something great]."

This is related by Ahmad, an-Nasa'i, and al-Baihaqi.

Fee amaanillah
Nafiisah

Nafiisah
10-08-2006, 05:25 AM
Narrated by Ibn Abbas (Radhiallaho anho):
When Allah's Messenger (sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) returned after performing his Hajj, he asked Um Sinan Al-Ansari, "What did forbid you to perform Hajj?" She replied, "Father of so-and-so (i.e. her husband) had two camels and he performed Hajj on one of them, and the second is used for the irrigation of our land." The Prophet said (to her), "Perform 'Umra in the month of Ramadan, (as it is equivalent to Hajj or Hajj with me (in reward)."

Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol. 3 : No. 86

Nafiisah
10-08-2006, 05:26 AM
Allah's Messenger (sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) said, "Whoever fasted the month of Ramadan out of sincere Faith (i.e. belief) and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his past sins will be forgiven, and whoever stood for the prayers in the night of Qadr out of sincere Faith and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven ."

Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol. 3 : No. 231

Nafiisah
10-08-2006, 05:27 AM
Narrated by Anas bin Malik (Radhiallaho anho):
Allah's Messenger (sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) said, "Take Suhur as there is a blessing in it."
Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol. 3 : No. 146

Allah's Messenger (sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) said, "When the month of Ramadan starts, the gates of the heaven are opened and the gates of Hell are closed and the devils are chained."
Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol. 3 : No. 122

Nafiisah
10-08-2006, 04:37 PM
Anas relates from the Apostle of God (sallahu 3alaihi wa sallam)that he said: “On the Day of Judgement God will command [the

angels stationed at Hell] that whoever may have

remembered Him at any time, or feared Him on any

occasion, should be taken out of Hell.”

-Tirmidhi and Baihaqi

Commentary.-It is incontrovertible from the point of

view of the Quran and the Sunnah that anyone who dies

in a state of Apostasy or Polytheism will live

permanently in Hell and no act of his will be deemed

worthy of securing his release from it. The above

Tradition, accordingly, denotes that whoever departs

from the world in such a condition that he is not an

Apostate or a Polytheist but has committed a great

many sins and made no provision for the Hereafter

except that he has remembered God at any time, or

feared Him on any occasion, will be cast into Hell on

the Judgement Day to undergo the punishment for his

misdeeds but, after some time, he will be taken out of

it because of the Divine fear and remembrance of God.

Slave of Rehman
05-22-2007, 02:36 PM
Ibn `Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) said:

When (Prophet) Ibrahim (Abraham) was thrown into the fire, he said: "Allah (Alone) is sufficient for us, and, He is the Best Disposer of affairs.'' So did Messenger of Allah Muhammad (PBUH) when he was told: "A great army of the pagans had gathered against him, so fear them". But this (warning) only increased him and the Muslims in Faith and they said: "Allah (Alone) is sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs (for us)".
Al-Bukhari.

------
05-22-2007, 02:38 PM

I think you are referring to this Verse:

Men said to them: "A great army is gathering against you": And frightened them: But it (only) increased their Faith: They said: "For us Allah sufficeth, and He is the best disposer of affairs."
[Qur'aan, 3:173]

Slave of Rehman
05-22-2007, 02:40 PM
Yeh Sister! i do.
Jazakalalh

Khayal
05-26-2007, 08:02 PM
:arabic6:

Trustfulness

On the authority of Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "Render back the trust to those to whom they are due and do not betray the person who betrays you"
[Narrated by Abu Dawûd, Hadith no. 3535 and At-Tirmidhi, Hadith no. 1246]

Commentary:

"Render back the trust" is a commandment that must be implemented. Allah [may He be Glorified] said: "Verily! Allâh commands that you should render back the trusts to those to whom they are due." (4:58)
"Trust" means everything that must be fulfilled.
"do not betray the person who betrays you" means that a Muslim should not mistreat people even though they might have mistreated him; and thus he should not betray those who might have betrayed him.
Furthermore, this is a comprehensive commandment for rendering back the trust, which can be something borrowed, a deposit or anything else.
The Hadith also directs people not to return mistreatment with similar conduct. This issue is disputable among the scholars, but forgiving mistreatment takes priority, as Allah [may He be Glorified] said: "The recompense for an evil is an evil like thereof; but whoever forgives and makes reconciliation, his reward is with Allâh. Verily, He likes not the Zâlimûn (oppressors, polytheists, and wrong-doers ." (42:40)
[See Subul As-Salam, Vol. III, Hadith no. 89]

Khayal
06-02-2007, 07:00 PM
:arabic6:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:
Allah's Apostle said to me, "Recite the whole Qur'an in one month's time." I said, "But I have power (to do more than that)." Allah's Apostle said, "Then finish the recitation of the Qur'an in seven days, and do not finish it in less than this period."

(From Sahih Bukhari, Volume 6, Book 61, Number 574)

:wasalamex

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.