/* */

PDA

View Full Version : mornings in ramadan

doodlebug
09-09-2006, 01:47 AM
I think I read somewhere that one is able to eat a light snack in the morning before sunrise during Ramadan. If I remember it said that the Prophet, pbuh, ate dates and something else so he could function during the day.

Anyone?:?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
QuranStudy
09-09-2006, 01:50 AM
Yes you can eat before sunlight. You can actually eat whatever you want then.

Umu 'Isa
09-09-2006, 03:06 AM
:salamext:
Yep, you eat something before fajr it can be anything but the Prophet (sallahu alayhi wasallam) did eat dates.

The Messenger (S) said:"The best Suhoor for the believer is dates." [Abu Dawood, Al-Baihaqee and Ibn Hibbaan]

There is also a lot of blessings in suhoor (pre dawn meal) so it is highly recommended that you do it.

Salmaan (R) said that the Messenger of Allah (S) said: "Blessings are found in three things, the Group (Al-Jama'ah), Ath-thareed (a type of food) and As-Sahoor (the Pre-dawn meal)."[At-Tabaraanee, Abu Na'eem]

Abu Hurairah (R) said that the Messenger (S) of Allah (T) said: "Verily Allah placed Barakah (blessing) in the Sahoor (pre-dawn meal) and in perfect measurement (weighing)."[Ash-Shairazee]

Abdullah Ibn Haarith said that one of the Sahabah (companion) said: 'I entered the house of the Messenger (S) whilst he was taking the Sahoor (pre-dawn meal), and he (S) said: "Indeed it (the Sahoor) is blessing that Allah has given to you so do not leave it out." [An-Nasaaee and Ahmad]

Abu Sa'eed al-Khudree said that the Messenger (S) said: "Eating the Sahoor is blessed. Do not neglect it even if you take a gulp of water, because Allah and His angels invoke blessings upon those who partake in the pre-dawn meal." [Ahmad]

BlissfullyJaded
09-09-2006, 03:11 AM
:sl:

Remember there is a big difference between sunrise and Fajr. Fajr is dawn, and you are to stop at or a few minutes before Fajr. :)

Jazakallah khair sis Ladee Maryam. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.