/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Allow me to introduce myself

bluesky83
09-09-2006, 05:31 PM
Hello everyone. My name is Traci, I am 23, and I live in Florida, U.S.A. I have joined the forum in search for more information on Islam and to gain a better understanding. My brother converted to Islam a couple of years ago. He even lived in the U.A.E. for a while. I have listened to him talk about Islam and what is like for him as a Muslim and it spraked my interest. As an agnostic, I am always on the search for a faith that makes sense to me and am open minded to information and options. Well, I guess that's it. =)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
09-09-2006, 05:33 PM
Welcome, Traci! :)

You'll find us a mixed bunch here.
You can learn plenty about Islam, as well as other religions. - so this is the right place for you.
Looking forward to your posts.

Peace. :)

akulion
09-09-2006, 05:34 PM
Peace be upon you

welcome to the forum

feel free to ask as many questions as u want and on whatever topics you wish

very happy to make your acquaintance and hope you will have a smooth and lucritive journey on the forums

aku

syilla
09-09-2006, 05:35 PM
hi traci...

welcome on board...have a beneficial stay...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tania
Welcome to the forum:)
Agnostic:uhwhat

amirah_87
Hi there Traci,

Welcome to LI, hope you have a nice and benficial stay here, hope you also find what your in search for..

If you have any questions Post 'em away ! :)

Peace :peace:

QuranStudy
09-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your stay here. What part of Florida do you live in? I live in West Palm Beach.

bluesky83
09-09-2006, 05:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by QuranStudy
Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your stay here. What part of Florida do you live in? I live in West Palm Beach.
I live in the Jacksonville area

bluesky83
09-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Also, thank you eveyone for your kind words. =)

QuranStudy
09-09-2006, 05:57 PM
Feel free to post any question you have on Islam :)

Kittygyal
09-09-2006, 07:25 PM
greetings Traci.

welcome to this forum && to find the truth am sure you will find peace in the religion Islam :), && congrats for your brother reverting it's the opposite for me am reverted but my 2 older brothers are not && so are NOT my whole mam side family what a piety :(, anywho i am originally from U.S (Chicago) but in UK now :) if you have any questions please feel free to ask we are here to learn && to be heard so don't feel shy nor scared no one is perfect on this forum, we are all here from different backgrounds && if you want to talk to an "christain" friend then we have many sis GLO is here && she's very friendly so talk to her && us too :)
take care

QuranStudy
09-09-2006, 09:12 PM
Dear bluesky83,

I think I have finally noticed you. I do not understand your intentions behind joining this forum. You are an outspoken ATHEIST (originally a Jew), and also an ignorant biggot. I noticed you in another forum (yes, I think you know which one), where you took immense pleasure in degrading Islam whenever you can. You are not open minded at all, and I seriously doubt you have a brother that converted to Islam. Are you trying to cause outrage with your arrogance among the peaceful Muslims in this forum??? Please tell us honestly why you are posting here, you dont care for Islam or Muslima at all.

According to you:

1.) Islam is "irrational thought."
2.) Islam "steals" ideas from Christians, Muslims are barbaric.
3.) Atheists never convert to our "desert" religion

If you want to insult Islam, this is not the place to do it. You should be banned immediately.

btw, keep working on your "scientific research." We Muslims are way ahead of you. It's going to take forever for people like you to come to our level. This video sums it up:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vyboXCIVJY0

Live and let us live in peace. Thanks

Kittygyal
09-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Dear bluesky83,

I think I have finally noticed you. I do not understand your intentions behind joining this forum. You are an outspoken ATHEIST (originally a Jew), and also an ignorant biggot. I noticed you in another forum (yes, I think you know which one), where you took immense pleasure in degrading Islam whenever you can. You are not open minded at all, and I seriously doubt you have a brother that converted to Islam. Are you trying to cause outrage with your arrogance among the peaceful Muslims in this forum??? Please tell us honestly why you are posting here, you dont care for Islam or Muslima at all.

According to you:

If you want to insult Islam, this is not the place to do it. You should be banned immediately.

btw, keep working on your "scientific research." We Muslims are way ahead of you. It's going to take forever for people like you to come to our level. This video sums it up:

salam.
what are you talking about brother :uhwhat honesty lets not say such things, remeber Allah knows best
w.salam

QuranStudy
09-09-2006, 09:25 PM
salam.
what are you talking about brother honesty lets not say such things, remeber Allah knows best
w.salam
I may be mistaken, but I'm 90% sure who she is. She doesnt speak kindly of Muslims, why should I speak kindly of her?? She makes equally ignorant comments on Christians. From now I'm ignoring her.

Kittygyal
09-09-2006, 09:29 PM
I may be mistaken, but I'm 90% sure who she is. She doesnt speak kindly of Muslims, why should I speak kindly of her?? She makes equally ignorant comments on Christians. From now I'm ignoring her.

salam.
okay brother inshallah when thsi sis "traci" comes online tomorrow or whenever maybe she can tell us abit more about her self or why don't you just p'm onme of the mods && sort it out inshallah. you "might" be mistaken :hiding:
w.salam

QuranStudy
09-09-2006, 09:31 PM
you "might" be mistaken
Nah, I am 100% positive. I usually dont make negative remarks if I'm not sure who the person is :)

I hope the mods monitor this person carefully.

The Ruler
09-10-2006, 09:54 AM
hi...:welcome:....:peace:

afriend2
09-10-2006, 11:11 AM
Salaam,

Welcome to Li, inshAllah have a great time here!

Wassalam :peace:

Khayal
09-11-2006, 05:03 AM
:sl:

:welcome: to the forum.

:w:

Najiullah
09-12-2006, 01:38 AM
WELCOME TO THE FORUM

snakelegs
09-14-2006, 02:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by bluesky83
Hello everyone. My name is Traci, I am 23, and I live in Florida, U.S.A. I have joined the forum in search for more information on Islam and to gain a better understanding. My brother converted to Islam a couple of years ago. He even lived in the U.A.E. for a while. I have listened to him talk about Islam and what is like for him as a Muslim and it spraked my interest. As an agnostic, I am always on the search for a faith that makes sense to me and am open minded to information and options. Well, I guess that's it. =)
welcome! people here are very helpful when you have a question about islam.

MetSudaisTwice
09-14-2006, 08:45 AM
salam
welcome to the forums
wasalam

AvarAllahNoor
09-14-2006, 08:55 AM
Nah, I am 100% positive. I usually dont make negative remarks if I'm not sure who the person is :)

I hope the mods monitor this person carefully.
Jeez, is their ANYONE you like? all i see from your posts are silly little comments. You should change your handle, as it would appear you're not 'Studying the Kuran' at all

bluesky83
09-14-2006, 03:08 PM
Dear bluesky83,

According to you:

Actually I have NEVER talked down on any religion. I don't believe in it. I don't know what forum you are referring to , but I would never be so ignorant or vendictive to join a forum just too stir up trouble. You have the wrong person I assure you. I am not an Atheist. I believe in a higher power. I am just not sure of what that higher power is.

bluesky83
09-14-2006, 03:18 PM
My name is Traci, I am 23, and I am from FL. In my previous introduction, I was accused of down talking Islam and Christianity in another forum. While somebody out there may have used this screen name in a different forum, I assure everyone here I am a peace loving person. I am not an "Atheist" as the person claimed. I am agnostic, which means that I believe in a higher power, I am just not sure of what that higher power is. So, please don't let any disparaging comments make you think I am a bigot or a troublemaker. I am just here to learn.

DAWUD_adnan
09-14-2006, 03:29 PM
Learn all that you can, welcome
!

Abdulwaheed
09-14-2006, 03:33 PM
Welcome!! The fact that u started this thread shows that you are willing to learn :)
May it all be beneficial for you!

Snowflake
09-14-2006, 03:34 PM
Welcome aboard Traci! Hope you find this forum beneficial InshaAllah (God willing).

The Ruler
09-14-2006, 03:36 PM
hiya :)...:welcome:...hope u v a beneficial stay ere :) :thumbs_up

:peace:

Tania
09-14-2006, 03:46 PM
Welcome again:) Each will read your posts, so its not necessary to tell in advance about you are good or bad. Reading your posts we will realise how are the things

Azhar786
09-14-2006, 04:09 PM
Actually I have NEVER talked down on any religion. I don't believe in it. I don't know what forum you are referring to , but I would never be so ignorant or vendictive to join a forum just too stir up trouble. You have the wrong person I assure you. I am not an Atheist. I believe in a higher power. I am just not sure of what that higher power is.

hi we welcome u to this forum! u seem to be a nice person and hope u stay with us sister and learn about islam

Jayda
09-14-2006, 04:15 PM
Hola Traci!

QuranStudy be nice...

Najiullah
09-15-2006, 07:04 AM
WELCOME TO THE FORUM
AGAIN

syilla
09-15-2006, 07:08 AM
welcome to the forum...

glo
09-15-2006, 03:33 PM
My name is Traci, I am 23, and I am from FL. In my previous introduction, I was accused of down talking Islam and Christianity in another forum. While somebody out there may have used this screen name in a different forum, I assure everyone here I am a peace loving person. I am not an "Atheist" as the person claimed. I am agnostic, which means that I believe in a higher power, I am just not sure of what that higher power is. So, please don't let any disparaging comments make you think I am a bigot or a troublemaker. I am just here to learn.
Hi Traci (again!) :)

I am very sorry that you were made to feel unwelcome! :(
I gather the person in question has now gone ...

Please be assured that his attitude was not representative of the rest of this forum!!
I hope you will have an interesting time here with us and share your knowledge, views and experiences with us. I gather you have studied some religions, so you should be great asset here! :D

Peace.

Skillganon
09-19-2006, 08:16 PM
Welcome Tracy, to LI- Forum. Don't mind some brothers in this forum, they are just Young. Hope to hear from you, and inshallah you can at least learn, and take away something from here.

Salam.

Skill

جوري
09-20-2006, 01:36 AM
after that welcome I wonder if she is ever coming back? :heated:
Anyhow I don't usually visit this part of the forum, but I hope if she does comes back that she feels more welcome inshallah... and has a beneficial stay...
:) :) :)

lyesh
09-20-2006, 07:17 AM
hello Traci

Welcome to the forum!
May God show u the straight path!

MetSudaisTwice
09-22-2006, 09:19 AM
salam
welcome to the forums
wasalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.