/* */

PDA

View Full Version : anyone in uni? doing BA..LLB...

Helena
09-09-2006, 11:58 PM
:sl:

am jus wondering....anybody else in university? and wot course there undertaking? wot is there career choice? which year?

well am in my third year...going back to uni on october 3rd inshalah....few days after ramdhan.....am studying BA education studies..planning to become a teacher inshalah...

rite now am totally stressed....man its da final year...am soo dreading it...da final project and everything...gna kill me....

anybody wud like to share experinces of university life? any tips inshalah...

hope someone participates...as there are very rare uni students on da forum....

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
09-10-2006, 12:07 AM
salaam

im a uni stoodent :D:D:D

goin in to my 2nd year :p for BA business managment :D:D:D inshallah

sister dont you gota do a pgce course to be a teacher? bcos i wan be one aswell :p

Malaikah
09-10-2006, 12:08 AM

What does BA mean?

chacha_jalebi
09-10-2006, 12:09 AM
bachelor of arts :D:D:D

but many people such as myself :p have interpreted it in many ways:embarrass

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Helena
09-10-2006, 12:15 AM
mashalah ur studying buiseness management? how is the course?

wen do u start uni? and do have exams and assaignments?

finally der are some uni students out here....alhamdulilah

yeap am doing PGCE for another year inshalah....

Helena
09-10-2006, 12:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Chacha, I'm shocked you can read and write - how on Earth did you get into Uni?! ;D

Nah, seriously.. just don't stress, as long as you put in the effort, there should be no problem. :)
yeah true....no need to stress myslef....everything happens the will of Allah(swt)....

am jus abit lazy wen it comes to do assignments...da wrd limit is annoying....

Hijaabi22
09-10-2006, 02:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HAJI_HELENA

am jus wondering....anybody else in university? and wot course there undertaking? wot is there career choice? which year?

well am in my third year...going back to uni on october 3rd inshalah....few days after ramdhan.....am studying BA education studies..planning to become a teacher inshalah...

rite now am totally stressed....man its da final year...am soo dreading it...da final project and everything...gna kill me....

anybody wud like to share experinces of university life? any tips inshalah...

hope someone participates...as there are very rare uni students on da forum....

YO me duin exactly wat u is duin but me takin a different root, duin the BA in teaching, after which inshaaAllah i will have a QUALIFIED TEACHER STATUS (whoop whoop!), in ma third yearrrrrrrrrrrrrr this year maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan tym fliezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz but me gots two years of the course eft yet! so plenty more chillin to do as of yet lol

Hijaabi22
09-10-2006, 02:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
salaam

im a uni stoodent :D:D:D

goin in to my 2nd year :p for BA business managment :D:D:D inshallah

sister dont you gota do a pgce course to be a teacher? bcos i wan be one aswell :p
YOU wanna be a TEACHER????? :giggling: COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL lol nyc 1

chacha_jalebi
09-10-2006, 02:36 PM
salaam

it has been raised to my attention that many people are surprised that im in uni :p i wonder why, is it cos im a paki innit :p lol you immature people :p :D:D:D:D:D

now now bk 2 business :D

all courses are easy :D:D jus gota be commited & have good links with the nerdy crew :D:D:D then your sorted :D:D, the nerdy crew are handy for assignments :D, but exams :p no you gota do a bit of revision :D:D:D so you have to be committed :D:D:D

how long is pgce course for ? isnt it 1 year ? what would you like to teach sister :D:D:D

Duhaa
09-10-2006, 02:44 PM

Yeah? I'm in my third year at uni too........
Studying (don't laugh ^o) ) Human Sciences and Maths.

And ditto to you I'm going for teaching insha Allah. Just wanted to ask if anybody knows about how we're supposed to apply for the PGCE thing, are you supposed apply through UCAS? or through the uni you're attending?
I'll ask my tutor when I get back but it would be great to know now....

JazakAllah. :w:

Starseeker
09-10-2006, 04:04 PM
salaam

it has been raised to my attention that many people are surprised that im in uni :p i wonder why, is it cos im a paki innit :p lol you immature people :p :D:D:D:D:D
Im kind of shocked and NO its not because your paki its because::

You always tend to write in slang so I'm not too sure you understand the queens english properly :p

And secondly you always use the :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Makes you seem immature so were not the Immature ones ;D :p ;D lool

(I hope I aint offended you :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ) <Now look whay you've gone and made me do use that smiley

Is a BA the first thing that you do when you go to uni:? Or are there different entering levels for different courses:?

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
09-10-2006, 04:17 PM
Im in my final year of uni aswell ;D and I want to become a teacher aswell insh'Allah.

Check this forum out http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/, might help.

Hijaabi22
09-10-2006, 06:52 PM
wooooooooooow mashaAllah!! Wicked 2 see so many bros n sisters out ther hu r wantin 2 enter da teachin profession, whoooooooooo seems like I aint the only one, makes me feel better now ;)

Hey b4 U actually make ya final decision, jus 2 let u know....teachin is VERY VERY VEEEEEEEERY Tough, theres so much to it, its not jus a matter of standin in front of a group of children n teachin em 1 + 1 = 3 lol, I got so stressed at one point that I jus QUIT the whole thing but after thinkin things thru after havin a gud 4 months off :D Im bak on the course n am glad 2! ......but knowin me Ill probs quit again...... :rollseyes

And about the PGCE thingmajig, maaaaaaaaan thats haaaaaaaaard but gud luk! U gotta learn EVERYTHIN in ONE year whereas on the course im on U learn bit by bit over a period of FOUR years, You apply 4 it ONLINE, apply 4 it at around september tym, THE EARLIER THE BETTER cos places get filled QUIK. GUd lukkkkkkkkkkk!

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
09-10-2006, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -----------
wooooooooooow mashaAllah!! Wicked 2 see so many bros n sisters out ther hu r wantin 2 enter da teachin profession, whoooooooooo seems like I aint the only one, makes me feel better now ;)

Hey b4 U actually make ya final decision, jus 2 let u know....teachin is VERY VERY VEEEEEEEERY Tough, theres so much to it, its not jus a matter of standin in front of a group of children n teachin em 1 + 1 = 3 lol, I got so stressed at one point that I jus QUIT the whole thing but after thinkin things thru after havin a gud 4 months off :D Im bak on the course n am glad 2! ......but knowin me Ill probs quit again...... :rollseyes

And about the PGCE thingmajig, maaaaaaaaan thats haaaaaaaaard but gud luk! U gotta learn EVERYTHIN in ONE year whereas on the course im on U learn bit by bit over a period of FOUR years, You apply 4 it ONLINE, apply 4 it at around september tym, THE EARLIER THE BETTER cos places get filled QUIK. GUd lukkkkkkkkkkk!

Four years??:uuh: that's very long.

Did you start the PGCE course before? I heard being a part-time supply teacher is alot more convenient.

Helena
09-11-2006, 08:10 AM
how long is pgce course for ? isnt it 1 year ? what would you like to teach sister
its def for one year inshalah....nooo way am gna teach in secondary school....its gna be hard to tell if am a teacher or a student.....plus da secondary students darn hard to teach..i'll be all nervous....

inshalah my focus is to teach in primary school and in inshalah in my old primary school additionally my mum works there as a admin.... plus my dads a madrasha teacher.....

wot are ur plans jalebi bro? secondary school?

Duhaa

Studying (don't laugh ) Human Sciences and Maths.
try to control myslef...didnt laugh but maths man...its a headache....
Alhamdulilah third year student too.....man i was unaware of students uni
here....

And ditto to you I'm going for teaching insha Allah. Just wanted to ask if anybody knows about how we're supposed to apply for the PGCE thing, are you supposed apply through UCAS? or through the uni you're attending?
mashalah soo many of u are planning to become a teacher...alhamdulilah....which age u planning to teach at?
i need to find out about da PGCE thing, soo much to do this year.....i still cannot believe am in third year.....its hasnt sanked in yet.....and i dnt feel as thou am a uni student-more of college student...lol...

Darn dangerous mind ur in final year too....mashalah......checking da site....erm which course u doing?

jus be committed inshalah as jalebi bro sed....and focus....hand in every assaignment on time...revise hard inshalah...be organised and prep for da course......

one more thing...in my course...dnt have any exams at all...jus assaignmnets....

Hijaabi22
09-11-2006, 12:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
Four years??:uuh: that's very long.

Did you start the PGCE course before? I heard being a part-time supply teacher is alot more convenient.
lol noooooo am not duin the PGCE am duin the BA in teachin, its a 4 year course

Snowflake
09-11-2006, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Duhaa
Studying (don't laugh ^o) ) Human Sciences and Maths.

JazakAllah. :w:
What's Human Sciences?

I've only been to Uni once.... and that was to drop someone off! :X

chacha_jalebi
09-11-2006, 05:26 PM
lol i wan be a secondary skool teacha :D:D:D

primary school kids are okily dokily, but can be borin :p

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
09-11-2006, 05:35 PM

i wish you my teacher lol, pure dossing and jalebi snacks.

chacha_jalebi
09-11-2006, 05:55 PM
i wish you my teacher lol, pure dossing and jalebi snacks.
:p inshallah keep the prayers & il be teachin you :p if not you then your kiddies :D:D:D

Helena
09-11-2006, 07:40 PM

alhamulilah...secondary school teacher...erm which subjects ur planning to teach?

yeah primary can be boring...done voluntarily wrk....man da same old routine over and over again.....oh well....mayb i wanna be something else...but am unsure......

i still remember in my career interview in yr 9...wanted to become a archeologist..........man wot was i thinking...digging dead mummies out from da grave.....from egypt...sounds exciting......

wen i become a primary teacher inshalah...send all ur kids to my school......:D

seeker_of_ilm
09-11-2006, 07:42 PM

If I ever do go into teaching, it will either be to teach Islamic Classes, or maybe a lecturer at University.

Muezzin
09-11-2006, 07:46 PM
I'm going to start the final year of my LLB law course in a couple of weeks. Then after that I want to do the LPC, probably in Nottingham Trent. But I cannae find any other law students on LI. Who am I supposed to copy the answers from? :uuh:

Helena
09-11-2006, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I'm going to start the final year of my LLB law course in a couple of weeks. Then after that I want to do the LPC, probably in Nottingham Trent. But I cannae find any other law students on LI. Who am I supposed to copy the answers from? :uuh:
LOL....erm wot dse LPC mean? which field ur interesting in...my mates interesting in dealing wid family probs....

Helena
09-11-2006, 07:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

If I ever do go into teaching, it will either be to teach Islamic Classes, or maybe a lecturer at University.

that wot i was thinking....if there girls madrasha in my local area...i wudnt mind teaching at all......actually it was my dads idea.....

Muezzin
09-11-2006, 07:57 PM
LOL....erm wot dse LPC mean?
Legal Practice Course.

After that I've got to hold tight and make sure the contacts I've made in the legal world don't abandon me or go out of business. Tally ho.

Helena
09-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Legal Practice Course.

After that I've got to hold tight and make sure the contacts I've made in the legal world don't abandon me or go out of business. Tally ho.
erm which field ur interested in...as ma friends planning to deal wid family probs...

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
09-11-2006, 08:00 PM
Legal Practice Course.

How much does the LPC course cost?

Muezzin
09-11-2006, 08:05 PM
erm which field ur interested in...as ma friends planning to deal wid family probs...
I don't really want to go into family law, but I might know a couple of people who do. That is if they haven't changed their minds.

How much does the LPC course cost?
Too much. :p

The Nottingham Trent site says it costs £8,850.

Flippin 'eck. I hope my credit's still good.

Helena
09-11-2006, 08:10 PM
okay muezzin...let me ask u again...which field ur interested in? if there is any?

How long dse ur LPC run for? gotta save up ur money man........

Muezzin
09-11-2006, 08:12 PM
okay muezzin...let me ask u again...which field ur interested in? if there is any?
Ideally intellectual property. I say 'ideally' because I kind of like criminal law too, but it's not really as profitable...

How long dse ur LPC run for?
You can do it one year full-time or two years part-time. I think I'll do it full time, get it out of the way.

gotta save up ur money man........
Ain't that the truth.

Anyway, that's enough about me, let's hear about everyone else's uni experiences. :)

Vaseline
09-12-2006, 01:07 AM
I'm doing BA majoring in Cultural and Social Analysis which means I can go into research area and become a cultural researcher [eg. searching gender equalities in culture in contemporary society etc. etc. etc.] and my sub-major is English, Text and Writing - basically English all over again. So far I've read a lot of novels, reading Hamlet atm and many greek tragedies (!). Uni's ok so far, talk to people here and there however you're always in a different class with different people so I don't 'stick' with them during my breaks. I usually go to the library or the Musallah (<3 the Muslimahs!)

My parents said to go into teaching but initially I didn't like the idea however now that I think about it, I may teach English in Islamic schools (and possibly Society and Culture because many Islamic schools only offer maths and sciences in the senior years). Insha'Allah Kheir.

And it's a 3 year degree for Bachelors, 1 year extra to do a MA or Dip. Ed.

Soooo...I still have 3 years to go before I officially become a qualified teacher.

Duhaa
09-12-2006, 12:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
What's Human Sciences?

I've only been to Uni once.... and that was to drop someone off! :X
Human Sciences is simply Science but involving just humans so no plants, fish or any of the extra stuff you learn in Biology at A-Level....

It's miles more interesting, but sadly it doesn't make it any easier.:rollseyes

And sister Haji_Helena, jazakAllah for your comments. :)
I also want to teach at a secondary school but because I wear a veil, it'll have to be a muslim girl's school so less choice pour moi. But better for me I can choose to teach Maths or science as I take both....
So every cloud does really have a silver lining I suppose....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!