/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Daddi can I have $10?

Ibn Syed
06-10-2005, 11:46 PM
:sl:
Here is a touching story:

Daddi Can you give me 10$ ?

A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his 5 year old son waiting for him at the door.

"Daddy, may I ask you a question?"

"Yeah, sure, what is it?" replied the man.

"Daddy, how much money do you make an hour?"

"That's none of your business! What makes you ask such a thing?" the man said angrily.

"I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?" pleaded the little boy.

"If you must know, I make $20.00 an hour."

"Oh, " the little boy replied, head bowed. Looking up, he said, "Daddy, may I borrow $10.00 please?"

The father was furious. "If the only reason you want to know how much money I make is just so you can borrow some to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you're being so selfish. I work long, hard hours everyday and don't have time for such childish games."

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door. The man sat down and started to get even madder about the little boy's questioning. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money. After an hour or so , the man had calmed down, and started to think he may have been a little hard on his son. May be there was something he really needed to buy with that $10.00 and he really didn't ask for money very often. The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door. "Are you asleep son?" he asked.

"No daddy, I'm awake," replied the boy.

"I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier," said the man. "It's been a long day and I took my aggravation out on you. Here's that $10.00 you asked for."

The little boy sat straight up, beaming. "Oh, thank you daddy!" he yelled. Then, reaching under his pillow, he pulled out some more crumpled up bills. The man, seeing that the boy already had money, started to get angry again. The little boy slowly counted out his money, then looked up at the man.

"Why did you want more money if you already had some?" the father grumbled.

"Because I didn't have enough, but now I do," the little boy replied. "Daddy, I have $20.00 now... Can I buy an hour of your time?"

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
06-10-2005, 11:48 PM
wa 'alaikumusalaam

MashaAllah akhee

Jazakallah khair for sharing that :)

Ra`eesah
06-10-2005, 11:51 PM
Assalamu"Alaykum

:'( that is SO SAD!

Jazkallah khair for that.... i love this story its sooo beautiful~

Pinkrose
06-10-2005, 11:56 PM

Wow! bro. Thanx for sharing.
that is sad!!! :'(
very nice story!!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Arwa
06-11-2005, 11:07 AM
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

I have this before and it's very sad. :'(

Danish
06-11-2005, 11:25 AM
sad sad sad, brings tears to the eyeballs (kinda of)

is it true story akhi?

bro_faz
06-11-2005, 12:47 PM
touching................what can you say

comes to show, how we take each others for granted.........

there is this one story when this man used to take his son out when he was a lil boy where ever he went.

His son always used to point at a crow and ask his father what it was. Everytime they went out he'd keep asking everytime he saw one. His father got agitated but loved his son and decided to write down everytime his son asked him instead of getting mad.

When his son was a grown man.....................his dad asked him to do a minor task (cant remember what) and his son threw a hissy fit and started moaning and his dad told him what his son used to do and gave him a long list.............

Now i think the moral of this story is very similar to the one we read

khal_75
06-12-2005, 12:39 PM
:sl: :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :( das so sad :( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( and vry comn in muslims :omg: :-[ :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :( :w:

eternal_faith
06-13-2005, 05:56 PM
I've heard that before. It is so sad! :)

OBL-iged
06-13-2005, 06:09 PM
aww cute!...heared it b4 tho

Maryam
06-13-2005, 06:14 PM
Me too.
it was very cute and sad too.

Protected_Diamond
06-13-2005, 06:25 PM
:sl: whoaaa! phat story....deep :) im always guna mke time 4 ma kids :D

Ataraxis
06-14-2005, 03:16 AM
Ohh, nice story! Really touching :)...Jazak Allah! Wonderful share! :applaud:

coddles76
07-31-2008, 05:53 AM
Everytime I read this story it brings a tear to my Eye, So I thought maybe it will help others in how much our kids value our time, They need there parents, They need someone to be there for them otherwise they will look to others who could destroy them.

Daddi Can you give me 10$ ?

A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his 5 year old son waiting for him at the door.

"Daddy, may I ask you a question?"

"Yeah, sure, what is it?" replied the man.

"Daddy, how much money do you make an hour?"

"That's none of your business! What makes you ask such a thing?" the man said angrily.

"I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?" pleaded the little boy.

"If you must know, I make $20.00 an hour."

"Oh, " the little boy replied, head bowed. Looking up, he said, "Daddy, may I borrow $10.00 please?"

The father was furious. "If the only reason you want to know how much money I make is just so you can borrow some to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you're being so selfish. I work long, hard hours everyday and don't have time for such childish games."

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door. The man sat down and started to get even madder about the little boy's questioning. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money. After an hour or so , the man had calmed down, and started to think he may have been a little hard on his son. May be there was something he really needed to buy with that $10.00 and he really didn't ask for money very often. The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door. "Are you asleep son?" he asked.

"No daddy, I'm awake," replied the boy.

"I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier," said the man. "It's been a long day and I took my aggravation out on you. Here's that $10.00 you asked for."

The little boy sat straight up, beaming. "Oh, thank you daddy!" he yelled. Then, reaching under his pillow, he pulled out some more crumpled up bills. The man, seeing that the boy already had money, started to get angry again. The little boy slowly counted out his money, then looked up at the man.

"Why did you want more money if you already had some?" the father grumbled.

"Because I didn't have enough, but now I do," the little boy replied. "Daddy, I have $20.00 now... Can I buy an hour of your time?"

Eeman
07-31-2008, 12:55 PM
Awwwww that is so sweet Masha'Allah kids can really be so cute sometimes, Jazak'Allah khair for sharing :)

qassy!
07-31-2008, 12:56 PM
ahhhhh.........ahhhhh............thats sooo quite ahhha omg i really like that.........

Sahabiyaat
07-31-2008, 01:04 PM

awww bless. :)

Patience7
08-01-2008, 03:57 AM

already read it b4, but anyways thanks for posting...really touching and sad:cry:

Nájlá
08-01-2008, 08:17 AM
awww so cute and sad jazakallah khair for sharing

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!