/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Low Iman...

Fishman
09-10-2006, 09:21 PM
:sl:
I've had very low Iman ever since I came back from my holiday, and it's worrying me. The problem isn't doubt, but just not getting that feeling you get from high iman. I think it's something to do with missing several prayers when on holiday. I did not revert because of spiritual feelings towards Islam, I reverted because I found the religion convincing, which means that I have to build up these feelings from scratch. Every time I've missed a prayer it just knocks everything I built up back down again, and it hasn't built back up properly ever since the last time I missed a prayer. I've tried reading 'iman boosters' but it didn't work, I felt just as stone cold as before.

I feel like Allah (swt) has lost his patience with me and has stopped helping me. I want to love Allah (swt) and feel close to him when I pray, but I haven't been able to for more than a few minutes! :cry:
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fishman
09-10-2006, 09:27 PM
I also often get scared that I'm unknowingly a disbeliever or something. When I read about what Allah (swt) does for believers, I get worried whether I'm truely a believer or unknowingly a hypocrite.

chacha_jalebi
09-10-2006, 09:28 PM
salaam

bro :D:D:D its shaytan, he makes us wonder away from Allah (swt) and then we feel all depressed and stuff, just all i can is what ever you do dont miss a salah, try to pray them all :D:D and inshallah ya will feel so high on iman, its like having the will power :D:D you gota do it :p inshallah ya will

Maimunah
09-10-2006, 09:28 PM
subhanaAllah bro, from reading what u wrote to me ur iman is still strong.
Allah never loses his patients with us. HE is AS-sabuur (the pateint). maybe the shaytaan (satan) is whispering things to u. so brother seek Allah's help n turn to him in repentance. because ur worried seems to me that u still have a solid iman.
seek Allah's forgiveness.
wasalaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Fishman
09-10-2006, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mashaallah
subhanaAllah bro, from reading what u wrote to me ur iman is still strong.
Allah never loses his patients with us. HE is AS-sabuur (the pateint). maybe the shaytaan (satan) is whispering things to u. so brother seek Allah's help n turn to him in repentance. because ur worried seems to me that u still have a solid iman.
seek Allah's forgiveness.
wasalaam
But when I pray I don't often have Khushu. I was on the road to getting it on holiday, but since I came back all the Iman I gained is gone.
Ya Allah! :cry:

what ever you do dont miss a salah, try to pray them all
I was forced to by my location.

*charisma*
09-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Assalamu Alaikum ekhi,

First of all take a deep breath (yea it probably sounds kind of stupid, but it helps to clear your mind a bit), then recite the shahada and la hawla wala quwata illah billah (there is no power or strenghth greater than that of Allah's)

Read some Quran and a bit about Islam, to help remind you of its importance and logicality (which guided you to Islam in the first place).

Have a lot of patience inshallah. I understand that when we start school, have to study, have homework and we see all those crazy people/friends that we seen last year, etc etc. we get caught up in all of that and fail our religious duties with Allah, but we must remember that the only reason any little moments in our life are occuring is because of the Al-Mighty Allah subhana wa ta'ala.

Try your very best not to miss any prayers, because prayer is one of the greatest connections between Allah and His slaves, and the great thing isyou can pray anywhere except in places where it is very dangerous or extremely dirty/unclean.

Also keep in dhikr by saying Allahu Akbar, Astughfirallah, Subhanallah, Alhemdulilah as many times in a day as you can. If you think about it Sayidna Muhammed sallahu 'alahi wa salaam used to say astughfirallah 50 times in a day when he wasn't required to because he was already granted a position in jannah subhanallah..so we should do even more dhikr because we aren't perfect and sometimes we do lose our minds in this dunyaa..

May Allah grant you patience, guide you on siratul mustaqeem, and keep you steadfast in your prayers ameen

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

DigitalStorm82
09-11-2006, 12:10 AM
Asalamu Alaikum Bro,

What you're going through is pretty normal. We all go through different phases in life where our Imaan goes up and down. You just have to keep your one goal in mind... Heaven. Jannah Firdaus... closest you'll get to being with Allah... so try your best to acheive that goal.

Also, I'd advise you to listen to these lectures by Mohammad Al-Shareef. Mashallah they are very good and inspirational. They are not like any other lectures... they actually move you. Here's a link:

http://english.islamway.com/bindex.p...&scholar_id=14

Also, check out videos at this link:

http://harunyahya.com/html/m_video_index.htm

Try to find some muslim friends so you can grown in faith together... or join the Muslim Student Association and get involved in activies with the brothers there...

Whatever you do... don't forget life is a test... and don't think for a second, you won't be tested by Allah just because you said "I believe."

May Allah guide you and keep you in the best of Imaan, Inshallah.

W'salaamz,
Hamid

Md Mashud
09-11-2006, 12:14 AM
I know what you mean, its like I do all prayers for months, then I might miss a couple 1 day and say "I'll do them tommorow", but end up not doing them or any ones for the next day, etc :/.

DigitalStorm82
09-11-2006, 12:35 AM
There is a simple answer to that problem...

If you intentionally miss or delay a prayer... or say "I'll do it tomorrow," Allah doesn't even accept it.

If you've missed a salaah, the best thing to do is to pray right away... whenever you get the first chance.

Another reason to pray on time is... when you're in your grave... Angels, Munkir and Nakir, won't come right away if you didn't pray on time... They will leave you in the darkness of your grave for Allah knows how long.

So whether you wanna wait 6 feet underground in darkness with all types of insects... or wait in garden of paradise till judgement day is up to you...

syilla
09-11-2006, 02:57 AM

fishman...its normal...we all are going through the same situation..

if you can read book 'DON'T BE SAD'....you'll think differently towards Allah subhanahuwata'ala and your life..

Be grateful of what you have now...for that you should be happy...

Allah promised in the Qur’ân, “Alif, Lam, Mim, do people think that they will be left alone on (merely) saying: ‘We believe,’ and not be tested (in their claims)? We have indeed tested those who were before them; and Allah will certainly make it known those who were truthful and He will certainly make known the liars.” [Sûrah Ankabût 29:1-2]

“And whoever does good equal to the weight of an atom (or a small ant) will see it (on the Day of Resurrection to be rewarded) and whoever does mischief equal to the weight of an atom shall see it.” [Sûrah Zalzalah 99:7-8]

“O mankind, We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allah is that (believer) who has the most taqwa (piety). Verily, Allah is All-Knowing, All-aware.” [Sûrah Hujurât 49:13]

“Whoever works righteousness – whether male or female – while he (or she) is a Believer, verily, to him We will give a good life (in this life with contentment etc), and certainly We shall give them a reward (in the eternal Hereafter) according to the best of what they used to do.” [Sûrah Nahl 16:97]

“The case of a believer is amazing! Every affair of his is good for him, and this is not for anyone except a believer: if he experiences something pleasant, he is grateful to Allah and that is good for him; and if he comes across some adversity, he is patiently persevering (i.e. has sabr) and that too is good for him!” [Compiled in Sahih Muslim]

The Prophet informed, “Nothing strikes a Muslim – no fatigue, illness, worry, grief, hurt nor sorrow; not even a prick of a thorn – except that Allah wipes off due to it some of his sins.” [Collected in Sahih of Bukhâri & Muslim]

“Or did you think that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) that came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said, ‘When will come the help of Allah?’ Yes! Certainly, the help of Allah is near!” [Sûrah Baqarâh 2:214].

Yes, but whoever submits his face (himself) to Allah (i.e. follows Allah’s Religion of Islamic Monotheism) and he is a Muhsin (good-doer i.e. performs good deeds totally for Allah’s sake only without any show off or to gain praise or fame, etc., and in accordance with the Sunnah of Allah’s Messenger Muhammad Peace be upon him ) then his reward is with his Lord (Allah), on such shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. [surah al-baqarah, ayah 112].

Just remember fishman...our life is a journey...we cannot be perfect. We cannot expect that we can be in the highest iman...within a day, a week, or a month... Even the wali, the ulama'...even their iman can be weaken...

We should try our best in whatever we do and we should not give up. Thats what islam has teached us. Do you think we have tried our best? Do you think we are at our best? Shouldn't we as a muslim be the best in whatever we do?

Fishman....just like when we're studying. If we think the subject is hard...even when we didn't even study or go into the class...for sure..the subject will be hard and we cannot fully comprehend what the teacher is doing.

Same like salah...if you think salah is hard....for sure you cannot perform salah...the best way as you can.

Remember Allah subhanahuwata'al will always be there for you if you're sincere in what ever you do.

Snowflake
09-11-2006, 09:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
I've had very low Iman ever since I came back from my holiday, and it's worrying me. The problem isn't doubt, but just not getting that feeling you get from high iman. I think it's something to do with missing several prayers when on holiday. I did not revert because of spiritual feelings towards Islam, I reverted because I found the religion convincing, which means that I have to build up these feelings from scratch. Every time I've missed a prayer it just knocks everything I built up back down again, and it hasn't built back up properly ever since the last time I missed a prayer. I've tried reading 'iman boosters' but it didn't work, I felt just as stone cold as before.

I feel like Allah (swt) has lost his patience with me and has stopped helping me. I want to love Allah (swt) and feel close to him when I pray, but I haven't been able to for more than a few minutes! :cry:
InshaAllah, Allah never loses His patience with us. He gives us chance after chance to repent as He wants to forgive us and not go to Hell. It is not unusual for our imaan to go through a low phase. As long as it's there we can take steps to boost it inshaAllah.

Now this may sound weird but if you can spare a bit of time please watch this video (here I go again :( ). It will help to boost your imaan, when you see with your own eyes the Miracles of the Holy Quran. I promise.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...35092079886288

What you waiting for bro! :D

DigitalStorm82
09-11-2006, 10:20 AM
Why does this forum always cut-off the hyperlinks? I posted some earlier in this post and they too are cut-off with "..." It makes the link invalid.

DigitalStorm82
09-11-2006, 10:22 AM
http://english.islamway.com/
bindex.php?section=scholarlessons&scholar_id=14

There... here is the link again to the lectures... just gotta cut n paste both into the url bar... it cut it off last time..

Just as it did to the link of Muslimah_Sis

- Qatada -
09-11-2006, 12:51 PM
:salamext:

This has been posted before, but it may be of some benefit insha'Allaah:

Seek refuge in Allaah from laziness:

‘O Allaah, I am Your servant, son of Your servant, son of Your maidservant, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You which You name Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety.’

-----

‘O Allaah, I take refuge in You from anxiety and sorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debts and from being over powered by men.’

-----

‘Allaah is the greatest, Allaah is the greatest, Allaah is the greatest, How perfect He is, The One Who has place this (transport) at our service, and we ourselves would not have been capable of that, and to our Lord if our final destiny. O Allaah, we ask You for birr and taqwaa in this journey of ours, and we ask You for deeds which please You. O Allaah, facilitate our journey and let us cover its distance quickly. O Allaah, You are The Companion on the journey and The Successor over the family, O Allaah, I take refuge with You from the difficulties of travel, from having a change of hearts and being in a bad predicament, and I take refuge in You from an ill fated outcome with wealth and family.’

----

The dua's above are from http://makedua.com and are all from authentic ahadith insha'Allaah.

Al-Haakim reported in al-Mustadrak, and al-Tabaraani reported in al-Mu’jam, that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Faith wears out in the heart of any one of you just as clothes wear out, so ask Allaah to renew the faith in your hearts.” (Reported by al-Haakim in al-Mustadrak, 1/4;. Al-Haythami said in Majma’ al-Zawaa’id, 1/52, “It was reported by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer and its isnaad is saheeh.”)

This Hadith tells us that our faith will become weak but we will have to strengthen it with various actions and different good deeds. And more importantly, by asking Allaah Almighty to renew our faith insha'Allaah.

This might be through learning more about islam. Try looking in the islamic multimedia section to download some interesting islamic lectures insha'Allaah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-multimedia/

http://www.sahaba.net/

http://muttaqun.com/

http://www.islamicboard.com/biograph...lamic-figures/

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ln=eng

Also, refer to this post insha'Allaah regarding waswasa (satanic whispers):
http://www.islamicboard.com/434618-post7.html

Try doing new activities, for instance instead of just praying all the time [even though you should keep up with your compulsary prayers]; pray sometimes, write islamic stories sometimes, give da'wah (call people to islam), listen to lectures, help family and friends out to please Allaah Almighty etc. you will be rewarded for all of these acts insha'Allaah, just keep a good intention and keep praying to Allaah to strenghthen your faith and to keep us all on the right path insha'Allaah.

Allaah Almighty knows best.

:wasalamex

Snowflake
09-11-2006, 01:07 PM
My link still doesn't work? :?

DigitalStorm82
09-11-2006, 06:34 PM
No... Your link is not complete...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...35092079886288

You see where the dots follow by do (do...) it skips a whole section of it... in hyperlink... if one letter is wrong the link doesn't work.

Fishman
09-11-2006, 06:43 PM
The Prophet informed, “Nothing strikes a Muslim – no fatigue, illness, worry, grief, hurt nor sorrow; not even a prick of a thorn – except that Allah wipes off due to it some of his sins.” [Collected in Sahih of Bukhâri & Muslim]

“Or did you think that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) that came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said, ‘When will come the help of Allah?’ Yes! Certainly, the help of Allah is near!” [Sûrah Baqarâh 2:214].
These things used to help, but not anymore. Once I've read something like this, it never makes me have high iman again.

I used to be able to read pages and pages of the Quran, and it would make me want to prostrate to Allah, but now I feel nothing, except being scared of being punished for this lack of feeling. When I was on holiday, I was growing in Iman, and I was starting to feel like I was standing before Allah in my prayers, but now I feel nothing except aches and pains. If I try to think about Allah, I either get scared that Allah doesn't want me to be a Muslim anymore, or just get completely distracted with my thoughts.
When I said alhamdulilah after I sneezed, it used to remind me of Allah and want to praise Him, but now it's just a routine and instinctive word.
If I know that Allah is helping and comforting me, I can come through any challenge, but if I don't know this I can't do anything. I'm scared of being a hypocrite unknowingly.

I really need help, all of the Iman I worked for is just gone!
:cry:

Fishman
09-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Please help me, I was crying all the way through salah!

DigitalStorm82
09-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Bro, your just going through a different level of anxiety.

You don't have to worry... you still have lots of faith... and Inshallah you will continue to have faith.

I think your problem is that you're not around muslims enough. If you want to improve your situation...

By God, you need to find some good muslim friends. This is VERY important! As one of the scholars of Islam said, you are the religion of your friends.

The rest of the feelings your going through is only doing of the devil... its is BECAUSE you were gaining in faith that the devil is trying harder and harder to make you second guess yourself.

Alhumdulillah, Ramadaan is coming soon, and this will give you the chance to once again get close to Allah. Make sure you attend every night and be with the brothers... talk to the them and listen to what they have to say... join religious activities.

Don't take your deen for granted... You're guide by Allah and no one can misguide you... keep asking Allah for help...

May Allah make you stronger, Inshallah.

Ameen.

W'salaamz,
Hamid

- Qatada -
09-11-2006, 07:25 PM

Akhi trust me, alot of people have experienced the same feeling as you. But remember this hadith often:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Faith wears out in the heart of any one of you just as clothes wear out, so ask Allaah to renew the faith in your hearts.” (Reported by al-Haakim in al-Mustadrak, 1/4;. Al-Haythami said in Majma’ al-Zawaa’id, 1/52, “It was reported by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer and its isnaad is saheeh.”)

This Hadith tells us that our faith will become weak but we will have to strengthen it with various actions and different good deeds. And more importantly, by asking Allaah Almighty to renew our faith insha'Allaah.

So first of all, just remember Allaah and even though it won't be according to the level you had earlier on, realise that Allaah the Most Loving is remembering you.

Then do ye remember Me; I will remember you. Be grateful to Me, and reject not Faith.
(Qur'an 2:152)

Find the time when you have the least of the worldly distractions, maybe even before you go bed.. just whisper to Allaah, and pray to Him Almighty for help.

Hadith Qudsi 15:

On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said: Allah the Almighty said:

I am as My servant thinks I am (1). I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

(1) Another possible rendering of the Arabic is: "I am as My servant expects Me to be". The meaning is that forgiveness and acceptance of repentance by the Almighty is subject to His servant truly believing that He is forgiving and merciful. However, not to accompany such belief with right action would be to mock the Almighty.

It was related by al-Buhkari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah).

I remember how there was a time when i felt isolated and no-one could help me out, and i never knew who to turn to. I felt like i was lost and nobody could help me find the way because they didn't know where i was either, nobody.. except Allaah. Allaah Almighty knew what was in my heart, and the desperation that a person experiences, it's too hard to describe. And if you were to mention it to any non muslim, they would think you're krazy, but the shocking reality of it is, they feel even more lost, because they don't even know where the right path is.

But alhamdulillah;

Allah is the Protector of those who have faith: from the depths of darkness He will lead them forth into light. (Qur'an 2:257)

When a person forgets Allaah, Allaah makes that person forget themselves.

And be ye not like those who forgot Allah; and He made them forget their own souls! Such are the rebellious transgressors! (Qur'an 59:19)

And this is what truely happens, and you can ask any person who ever went astray and was brought back into the light again, they feel that they've been brought back to life.. because Allaah made them forget their own souls within their misguidance.

But you already remember Allaah, which is good. But there comes a stage where you start getting bored on doing the same thing, so what can you do?

The first main thing that i do want to mention to you is not to give up on your dua' (supplications) to Allaah Almighty, because Allaah loves it when His slaves ask Him for help, and for anything.

You want to know how dua' (supplication) can change your destiny? Try downloading this lecture:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...o-lecture.html

You want to hear the lifestories of some famous islamic heroes, so you can follow their lifestyle:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...-lectures.html

Heres loads of links to good lectures:

http://www.islamicboard.com/ramadan-...h-ramadan.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...sir-qadhi.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/refutati...-lectures.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...-lectures.html

Whenever you feel you're losing faith, just do something new. So if you been doing lots of worship through prayer, then try reading some books on ahadith after, then after that give abit of da'wah online or in real life, then play some games for a little while to make yourself stronger etc. Keep doing something new so you don't get bored of the previous thing. And keep praying to Allaah to keep you and all the muslims on the right path. [ikhdi nasiraat al mustaqeem - guide us to the straight path (surah fatiha)]

Allaah Almighty knows best.

Fishman
09-11-2006, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DigitalStorm82
Bro, your just going through a different level of anxiety.

You don't have to worry... you still have lots of faith... and Inshallah you will continue to have faith.

I think your problem is that you're not around muslims enough. If you want to improve your situation...

By God, you need to find some good muslim friends. This is VERY important! As one of the scholars of Islam said, you are the religion of your friends.

The rest of the feelings your going through is only doing of the devil... its is BECAUSE you were gaining in faith that the devil is trying harder and harder to make you second guess yourself.

Alhumdulillah, Ramadaan is coming soon, and this will give you the chance to once again get close to Allah. Make sure you attend every night and be with the brothers... talk to the them and listen to what they have to say... join religious activities.

Don't take your deen for granted... You're guide by Allah and no one can misguide you... keep asking Allah for help...

May Allah make you stronger, Inshallah.

Ameen.

W'salaamz,
Hamid

I'm in two completely unislamic environments constantly, a school where people just talk to me to make fun of me and won't let me pray, and a home where I'm scared of my parents who just today told me that they were glad that I accidentally overslept fajr. They don't want to take me to the Masjid every evening in rahmadan, they get mad at me when I refuse to do something because it clashes with prayer times, and they often ask me to comprimise my religion. In fact it's their fault I missed those prayers in the first place.
I don't know many Muslims in my school, and since lessons take up most of my time at school, I have little time to socialise with them.

This has made me feel quite a bit better, I no longer feel abandoned by Allah (swt). But I still need kushu (sp?) in my prayers, which I have never properly had.

DigitalStorm82
09-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Bro,

Do you know what your going through? You're actually going through REAL JIHAAD... where the reward is nothing less than Paradise.

I would only encourage you to keep at it.. and keep trying your best to pray. Ask your parents nicely, sit them down... and tell them that this religion is very important to you. It helps you in every day life... and all you seek is acceptance of your parents... as religion of Islaam demands the children to be kind to their parents.

Just let them know that... this is you... and that you want your parents to be happy for my choices in life. Tell them that your still their son and you still love them... nothing has changed... except that you have found your creater. It's just a different ideology from atheist... nothing so dramtic.

And secondly, if your parents don't want to take you to the masjid every night... no problem. Call the Imaam of the masjid and ask him to assing you a brother or few brothers who could pick you up and drop you home every night... and they will do that gladly!

All you need to do is... make your parents understand and respect your decisions.

Stay strong bro...

W'salaamz,
Hamid

Fishman
09-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Bro,

Do you know what your going through? You're actually going through REAL JIHAAD... where the reward is nothing less than Paradise.

I would only encourage you to keep at it.. and keep trying your best to pray. Ask your parents nicely, sit them down... and tell them that this religion is very important to you. It helps you in every day life... and all you seek is acceptance of your parents... as religion of Islaam demands the children to be kind to their parents.

Just let them know that... this is you... and that you want your parents to be happy for my choices in life. Tell them that your still their son and you still love them... nothing has changed... except that you have found your creater. It's just a different ideology from atheist... nothing so dramtic.

And secondly, if your parents don't want to take you to the masjid every night... no problem. Call the Imaam of the masjid and ask him to assing you a brother or few brothers who could pick you up and drop you home every night... and they will do that gladly!

All you need to do is... make your parents understand and respect your decisions.

Stay strong bro...

W'salaamz,
Hamid
The Imam speaks only Arabic and Urdu, not English.

Please don't say I'm just being defeatist, but I don't think that will work. They know that it is very important to me, but they don't like that because it makes family life difficult. My mum said that she doesn't want me to be a Muslim, and if she has that attitude, my dad is probably more extreme about it. I'm really scared of him, he raises his voice to an annoyed shouting level whenever he feels worried. And he has been to lots of middle eastern countries, so he knows how Muslims act there and often criticises them.

DigitalStorm82
09-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Asalamu Alaikum,

No problem if the imaam only speaks urdu or arabic. The prayer is in arabic anyway... it's not a friday sermon where you have to understand the message. I think thats a big part that you miss out on unfortunately. It's a great way to recharge your spritual side... but anyway, the taraweeh is in arabic, everywhere... but the point is... that you'll be among the brothers, and they speak english... you just have to get to know them... it'll give you a sense of belonging and not being rejected everywhere you go.

I do give you LOTS of respect for becoming a muslim in the situation you are.. its quite amazing actually.

If your parents don't understand... just make duah to Allah that they will in the future. You cannot jeapordize your religion for ANYONE. But, continue to respect your parents and all...

I know it's really easy for us to tell you what we think you should do... than to actually do it... But, bro, life is big test... and heaven isn't free. The harder you try to stay to the truth, the greater your reward will be, Inshallah.

Salaamz,
Hamid

Fishman
09-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Asalamu Alaikum,

No problem if the imaam only speaks urdu or arabic. The prayer is in arabic anyway... it's not a friday sermon where you have to understand the message. I think thats a big part that you miss out on unfortunately. It's a great way to recharge your spritual side... but anyway, the taraweeh is in arabic, everywhere... but the point is... that you'll be among the brothers, and they speak english... you just have to get to know them... it'll give you a sense of belonging and not being rejected everywhere you go.

I do give you LOTS of respect for becoming a muslim in the situation you are.. its quite amazing actually.

If your parents don't understand... just make duah to Allah that they will in the future. You cannot jeapordize your religion for ANYONE. But, continue to respect your parents and all...

I know it's really easy for us to tell you what we think you should do... than to actually do it... But, bro, life is big test... and heaven isn't free. The harder you try to stay to the truth, the greater your reward will be, Inshallah.

Salaamz,
Hamid
Jummah is a problem actually, since 1) I don't understand the sermon, and 2) thanks to school I can't even go to Jummah.

Your advice has worked really well brother, but I still need some advice on getting kushu (sp?) and better iman.

Maimunah
09-11-2006, 08:06 PM
salaam
wake up for salah layl (night prayer) n seek Allah's help n forgiveness.
wasalaam

- Qatada -
09-11-2006, 08:10 PM

33 Ways of developing Khushoo’ in Salaah

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=U&sta...ZzUdASAMn0QU4=

10 Ways To Increase Khushoo' In Salah

http://www.gawaher.com/lofiversion/i...hp/t15961.html

http://www.geocities.com/safib01/khushoo.html

http://www.alhudapk.com/forum/forum_...d00&PN=0&TPN=2

http://www.whyislam.org/aa/summer00/...p?article_id=3

http://muslimconverts.com/prayer/khushoo.htm

DigitalStorm82
09-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Unfortunately, not many schools will let you skip to attend Jummah. If you can... somehow convince the principle or someone incharge at the school to let you out early so you can attend, I know this wont be easy though.

As far as khushu or the Imaan is concerned... no one can advise you on how to acheive it. Because it comes from the heart... and everyone is different...

For me... the best level of Imaan I ever reached was during the last ten days of Ramadaan... where I used to go to the masjid.. and stay there the whole night and worship... and before suhur (eating before fasting) we used to stand up in prayer together with the imaam...

We used to pray 2-4 rakaah salaah for 1 hour.. they were quite long but it was AMAZING!

And it was during those days I saw the sings of laylatul Qadr... I even took a picture of it... since we were up every night and saw the sun come up.. we knew the difference when it was laylatul Qadr (night of power). The sun came up... completely, and yet the sky was dark. One of the signs is that the sun will rise without rays.. like it wont hurt the eyes... I took a picture of it... I still have it if you want to see it.

And it was during those days that I saw prophet mohammad sws in my dream.

Another thing I felt at that time was that.. whenever I made prostration.. I felt I was prostrating in an open field of marble and Allah was looking at me. It was great... but as always... you have ups and down in the level of Imaan.

Also, I feel reallllly good once I come out of the masjid after Fajr...

The only thing I can tell you in terms of advice to get better Imaan is to do nafil prayers. Optional prayers... something more than what is required by Allah.

Like you pray 5 times a day... thats the bare minimum... pray extra nafil with your prayers... try to show Allah that you want Him to help you every step of the way.. and that you NEED him every step of the way.

As it is said in a hadith I read a while ago... if you go walking towards Allah, Allah will come running towards you... meaning... if you try and make an effort... say 50% Allah will come to you 100%

I pray that Allah gives you comfort in your worship, Ameen.

W'Salaamz,
Hamid

duskiness
09-11-2006, 08:49 PM
Hi Fishman!
I think everyone of us was where you are now. In christian terms we call it "dark night of faith".
It's a time of doubt, lonyliness and disbelieve.
If you read history of saints everyone goes throught it.
Some say it comes after the time when you were close to God (especialy conversion), that it a way His light blinds you and for some time you wont be able to see His light again. But thats how faith works...Once up, then down.
I aslo once heared a great sermon given about it. Prist said it's not hard to be faithful when your faith is high. But when we feel abondoned by God, full of doubt and dispite this we still try to walk path of faith - thats when we are faithful.
Hold on then!!!
n.
ps: sorry for spelling, i'm too tired to check it.
ps: "Faith given back to us after a night of doubt is a stronger thing, and far more valuable to us than faith that has never been tested"

syilla
09-12-2006, 01:56 AM
oo...fishman i just wish i have a brother then i can send him there to be your friend....

i know you're still young and lonely...

just do the best you can ....and ignore other criticism. What ever you do is only for Allah subhanahuwata'ala...and not for them.

You are what you are...being different is suppose to be good and special. The famous people is always different from others ;).

Work hard...study hard. If you can't perform ibadah the best as you can...its okay... you have tried your best. And tomorrow i will do better...

Just tell yourself...i want to be a good person and one day i want to invent something...that everyone will remember my invention. and May Allah bless me...and show me the right way...

Fishman...talking to Allah subhanahuwata'ala....in dua...is always the best way.

P/S:- Fishman...just accept your parents the way they are...but you can be better than them. They look as if they are successful...but always get upset and angry...even on a small matter. How happy can they be? Do you want to be like that? of course you don't...so you can be better than them. Remember islam is the only way.

Fishman
09-12-2006, 07:58 PM
I felt so happy last night, as I got good iman, and kushu. And it wasn't just for a few minutes, it stayed on even into this morning. But school took it all away, by distracting me completely. How am I able to develop proper faith like this! It's very hard to if people throw things at you, insult you whenever you talk, chuck your stuff on the ground and laugh at you simply because you're there.

I need to develop true faith, but I can't like this!

Fishman
09-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Please help brothers and sisters...
:ws:

ZOREENA
09-12-2006, 11:16 PM
I think I am the only lazi bonez on this forum, I am a revert and have done nothing with regards to my religion, every revert I know have become the best muslimz I know, I dont know whatz wrong with me!!!

DigitalStorm82
09-13-2006, 01:15 AM
Bro,

This is all about patience. Think about the prophet, and what he went through while he was preaching Islam in Mekah. They threw him out in to the open desert for years because he wouldn't abandon his faith and his revelations.

What you're going through, I think it's safe to say everyone went through that in their life. At one point or another... you end up coming across some bullies in your school.

If you get angry and react to their doings... they'll get you to do exactly what they wanted. It wont be easy... but continue to be nice to them and perhaps that'll be enough for some of them... if not one of them to think about Islamic beliefs. Perhaps if Allah wills, one of them if not more may convert to Islam.

As we live our lives... we have to try our best to deliver the message of Islam to those who are not aware of the real Islam.

Do not worry, Allah knows all that is happening to you and all that will happen to you... you will be granted justice... whether its in this life or the next. My only advice to you would be to be patient... and again... it's very simple to say it than to actually be patient... especially under stress you are going through...

If it's disturbing you too much... you can always get your parents or teachers to get involved.

When I had problems with bullies when I was younger... I had my dad go and talk to the school dean. Everything worked out afterwards... They are just kids that don't know any better.

May Allah make you stronger in Imaan and in character. Ameen.

W'salaamz,
Hamid

snakelegs
09-13-2006, 04:28 AM
I felt so happy last night, as I got good iman, and kushu. And it wasn't just for a few minutes, it stayed on even into this morning. But school took it all away, by distracting me completely. How am I able to develop proper faith like this! It's very hard to if people throw things at you, insult you whenever you talk, chuck your stuff on the ground and laugh at you simply because you're there.

I need to develop true faith, but I can't like this!
hi fishman,
it must be very difficult for you, since almost nobody in your life is supportive or understanding about your reversion to islam. i don't know what to tell you, but i will remember you in my prayers because obviously, you are in a lot of pain.
even at best, i think there would be a temporary "let down". first there was the excitement about learning about islam, then the excitement about planning to become a muslim and then the huge excitement about your action reversion. and now that excitement has worn off as you are settling in to your new life.
i'm sorry you are having to go through all this hate and narrow-mindedness.

syilla
09-13-2006, 05:35 AM
Please help brothers and sisters...
:ws:
i think your faith is so much better than mine...

ooo...fishman...if you have any problem..just pm me

you'll always be in my dua...

Fishman
09-15-2006, 08:25 PM
I tried explaining to my mum how bad for my iman missing prayers is, but she just told me that it should not be so flimsy, and that I have to except that I am a minor living in a non-Muslim family with a less than supporting school.

Islam is meant for everyone, young or old, my age doesn't matter in this.

I really need help, my iman has dropped really low again, and I can't cope. I don't get much sleep, people at school constantly bully me, my parents said I couldn't go to see my friend who is a scholar, and I'm scared of my dad and have to avoid talking to him. I just want to be safe and practice Islam in peace. But there is no sanctuary for me.

DigitalStorm82
09-16-2006, 02:06 AM
Ya Akhi, your words are so painful...

I couldn't begin to imagine what you're going through.

I know telling you to be patient is not enough... you need someone as an anchor... to keep you stable emotionally and spiritually.

I strongly recommend you PLEASE talk to the people at your local mosque... you seriously need to explain to them your situation.

I feel you only need a big brother or a role model... someone you can share your feelings with... and everything will be ok. You wont feel like your all alone in this long and endless battle.

Even if you are not able to find anyone... don't ever forget for a second, that we're not here for you. Even though we may not be there in person... we're with you in spirit.

Make duah to Allah bro... and a duah with tears is more dear to Allah.

And I also ask anyone who reads this to make duah for you as well, Inshallah.

May Allah grant you the best of Imaan and a blessed ramadaan. Ameen.

W'salaamz,
Hamid

glo
09-16-2006, 11:07 AM

I haven't taken time to read all the other replies in this thread, so this is a straight response to your first post, Fishman.

I would tell you that you experience is quite common.
When we choose a new way of life (doesn't even have to be a religion, this applies to most life changes), we have an initial feeling of elation. We have finally found the truth and true happiness and fulfillment! :)
But as time passes, the 'honeymoon' period comes to an end, the new rituals become routine and harder to feel excited about.

A tiny voice might creep into your mind, which says something like 'You don't have to make it so hard for yourself', 'You could go back to how you were', 'You were fine before you strated this, anyway' ... :rollseyes

Jesus described this situation very clearly in the Parabel of the Sower. You may wish to read it:
"A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. 9He who has ears, let him hear." (Matthew 13:3-9)

[...]

"Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is the seed sown along the path. The one who received the seed that fell on rocky places is the man who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. But since he has no root, he lasts only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, he quickly falls away. The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful. But the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown." (Matthew 13:18-23)
I won't say any more, because I am sure that your Muslims brothers and sisters can give you Islamic advice on this.

Peace, little brother :)

Umu 'Isa
09-16-2006, 11:14 AM
i'm going through the same thing :cry: and i'm scared its going to affect me in ramadan. I guess the best thing would be to surround yourself with God-fearing muslims and try to put yourself in an islamic atmosphere - i know, easier said than done.

glo
09-17-2006, 05:21 PM
How are you doing, Fishman?

Fishman
09-17-2006, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
How are you doing, Fishman?
Not much better really.

I now think the problem is something to do with not being able to attend Jummah, as well as not being in an Islamic environment.

I feel you only need a big brother or a role model... someone you can share your feelings with... and everything will be ok. You wont feel like your all alone in this long and endless battle.
I think this is true, but with school on I can't talk to many Muslims.

bint_muhammed
09-17-2006, 06:13 PM
Not much better really.

I now think the problem is something to do with not being able to attend Jummah, as well as not being in an Islamic environment.

I think this is true, but with school on I can't talk to many Muslims.
move ti a school with more muslims in therefore you can be surrounded by muslims who may help you! where do you live?

Fishman
09-17-2006, 06:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ya_Giney
move ti a school with more muslims in therefore you can be surrounded by muslims who may help you! where do you live?
I really would like to move to an Islamic school, but with my parents and my GCSEs, I don't think it's possible. And since the nearest Islamic school is not near my house, going there would be difficult.

glo
09-17-2006, 08:47 PM
Not much better really.
I know what you mean.

When I miss church on a Sunday, I feel like something is missing all week.
Even if I spend time daily in prayer and reading the Bible - the fellowship with other believers in a very important part of our faith.

Just think of Thanaa though, who lives in North Wales without any Muslims nearby. That must be even harder!

Perhaps this forum here is the best Muslim support you will have for a while, Fishman.

Peace :)

Muslimgirl01
09-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Its shaytan hes getting to you..dont worry everyone goes through those stages.....may allah help you

DigitalStorm82
09-18-2006, 02:59 AM
Asalamu Alaikum Bro,

I know at your age it'll be very difficult to make drastic changes... But I suggest you make full use of the internet. There are many good sites with good lectures and videos... try to watch n listen to them.. they'll help you by inspiring you to become better in your deen.

Check out these sites:
www.Islamicity.com
www.TurntoIslam.com
Islamway.com

and listen to this lecture.. I really like this one.

http://english.islamway.com/bindex.p...&scholar_id=14

It's by Mohammad Shareef... its called Trip to the hereafter... its also available at islamway.com in the audio lecture part.

stay strong in faith bro...

W'salaamz,
Hamid

Fishman
09-18-2006, 09:00 PM
The worst thing is that I only actually feel sad in the evenings, which means I have trouble explaining how I feel to people.

I used to be able to look to the Quran for comfort, but now I feel nothing when I read it. This makes me really scared in case it means that I have become a hypocrite.

Fishman
09-18-2006, 09:09 PM
Something else I'm worried about is if Allaah (swt) has put a seal on me. It's really worring that I can't feel anything when I read Quran anymore.

DigitalStorm82
09-19-2006, 01:38 AM
Bro, perhaps you're reading Quran like any other book.

Read few lines.. and think about what it is really saying... try to comprehend what you read and try to understand and absorb the message behind it.

Each Ayah is proof to mankind.. reflect on it.

glo
09-19-2006, 06:00 AM
Something else I'm worried about is if Allaah (swt) has put a seal on me. It's really worring that I can't feel anything when I read Quran anymore.
Fishman, I checked this out.

Are you referring to this:
Surah Al-Baqarah chapter 2:
‘As to those who reject Faith, It is the same to them Whether thou warn them Or do not warn them; They will not believe.
Allah hath set a seal On their hearts and on their hearing, And on their eyes is a veil; Great is the penalty they (incur)’
Brother, don't let yourself be frightened by such things! Nothing saddens me more than when religious doctrine tries to put fear into the believers heart!!! :(

God does not want you to be frightened into submission - that's why he has given us free will.
God wants you to submit to him lovingly and willingly, out of awe for his greatness, mercy and love ... not out of fear!

Fear and anxiety will only stifle your understanding of and relationship to God!
If you are going through a dark time, there is no point trying to hide it from God. He knows anyway! :)
Go to him and speak to him. Open your heart to him! Ask for a sign, a word, an indication.
Learn to be patient and wait for God.
He has great things for you!

But don't, please don't, let yourself be terrified!

peace, little brother:)

glo
09-19-2006, 06:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimgirl01
..dont worry everyone goes through those stages.....
I agree.
Who knows where God is directing you, Fishman

peace

Fishman
09-19-2006, 06:11 PM
I'm starting to feel better now, alhamdulilah! I told Allah (swt) that I wanted to seek refuge in him, and I felt better instantly! I read a few lines of the Quran, and I felt wonderful! I don't know how long this will last though...

InToTheRain
09-19-2006, 07:47 PM
I'm starting to feel better now, alhamdulilah! I told Allah (swt) that I wanted to seek refuge in him, and I felt better instantly! I read a few lines of the Quran, and I felt wonderful! I don't know how long this will last though...

Iman does fluctuate brother even though Alhamdullilah your conviction in him is solid. Once I step out my door in London bro trust me when I say shayateen attacks me from all sides therefore the need to indulge in religious activity at all times is a MUST in order to keep your Imaan at the highest position. Its difficult for you brother, because of your family and school etc to indulge in such activities therefore as a result I am afraid your Imaan is being affected, I pray that the affect is only for the better Insha'allah.

Also bear in mind brother the taste of every individual varies and while certain passages in the Qur'an may move you to ecstasy it won't do the same for me and Visa-Versa. And even then there are times when the same Ayat in the Qur'an moves you to ecstasy and there are times it doesn't.

I will mention some things which Bolster my Imaan and Insha-Allah it does the same for you.

- Talking to friends about Islam and give Dawah
-Reading the stories of the prophets (Peace be upon them)and Sahabas
-Thinking about the After Life and how to prepare for it.

The phase you are going through every Muslim goes through and they may go through again at any time. Remain Steadfast Akhi. May Allah(SWT) guide us all.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.