/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are we so different?

arabiyyah
09-11-2006, 03:37 AM
http://www.children-of-abraham.org/e...6&y=2004&s=all

Are Jews and Muslims so different?

We both believe in strict monotheism.
We both have daily prayers.
We both have strict diatary laws.
We both haveother similar customs.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zulkiflim
09-11-2006, 04:41 AM
Salaam,

Pls do nto try to brindge the gap via religion..We are different..YES.

We will never meet eye to eye..
But as always the Quran has siad it rightly,,Muslim repect the Poeple of the Book,but they dont.they will never be happy till we are like them...

If you still think otherwise then i cant say anything much.

Accept our differences and accept our common humanity.

Do not try to explain Islam to their liking for then you are in innovation..
And Innovation in mattr os reliogn is haram.

As the Extremist uses part of Islam to justify fighting,,so do moderates uses part of Islam to justify NOT fighting and bowing..

Both are innovators,both haram..

Get back to Islam as the Qurna and the Propeht taught..

fight them when tehy fight you,but leave them when they leave you..

Muslim cannot be the aggresor we are defenders..

Zone Maker
09-11-2006, 05:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

Pls do nto try to brindge the gap via religion..We are different..YES.

We will never meet eye to eye..
But as always the Quran has siad it rightly,,Muslim repect the Poeple of the Book,but they dont.they will never be happy till we are like them...

If you still think otherwise then i cant say anything much.

Accept our differences and accept our common humanity.

Do not try to explain Islam to their liking for then you are in innovation..
And Innovation in mattr os reliogn is haram.

As the Extremist uses part of Islam to justify fighting,,so do moderates uses part of Islam to justify NOT fighting and bowing..

Both are innovators,both haram..

Get back to Islam as the Qurna and the Propeht taught..

fight them when tehy fight you,but leave them when they leave you..

Muslim cannot be the aggresor we are defenders..
:sl:
You're right brother:happy: .
:w:

therebbe
09-11-2006, 10:13 AM
they will never be happy till we are like them...
Jews don't convert or do anything like that. Actually, Jews say for Muslims to stay Muslims because they are following the seven laws of noah by following the Quran. Therefore, Islam teaches its followers to follow what the Torah says Non-Jews should do.

Jews actually turn some people who try to convert away and it takes a year so saying "they will never be happy until we are like them"... I believe you are refering to yourself.

Jews don't want to convert anyone, but Muslims have created websites to try and convert us, or "Murder Jewish Souls". So I would say the exact same thing.

Are we alike? Sort of, is there a difference between a Jew and a Muslim, for sure. I won't make that feeble comparison, because Jews shouldn't be put together with Muslims. Find what I am saying offensive? Oh well, I am just mimicking what Zuliflim said earlier, just from a different side.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
QuranStudy
09-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Are we alike? Sort of, is there a difference between a Jew and a Muslim, for sure. I won't make that feeble comparison, because Jews shouldn't be put together with Muslims. Find what I am saying offensive? Oh well, I am just mimicking what Zuliflim said earlier, just from a different side.
I wouldnt like to associate Islam with Judaism either. By doing that, one is adulterating the truth.

Jews don't want to convert anyone, but Muslims have created websites to try and convert us, or "Murder Jewish Souls". So I would say the exact same thing.
And Jews create websites convincing people to leave Islam.

Muezzin
09-11-2006, 01:54 PM
Well, we're all human and that should be the only thing that matters when conflict comes into the equation.

People like to squabble though. People are idiots sometimes.

therebbe
09-11-2006, 07:06 PM
And Jews create websites convincing people to leave Islam.
Show me the website. Back it up. Jews make website to assist those who really wish to convert, but our greatest Rabbi's say Muslims who do not hate Jews and follo sevel laws.

So our Rabbi's say you can stay a Muslim and go to heaven.

I wouldnt like to associate Islam with Judaism either. By doing that, one is adulterating the truth.
Exactly. I do not encourage worship of a false pophets words, but in turn I think G-d manipulated it so Gentiles would follow the Seven Laws of the Torah prescribed to them without even knowing it.

azim
09-11-2006, 07:37 PM
Asalaamu alaykum.

I really don't think this thread is gonna go anywhere - its on of those topics that will just disintergrate into insults and pointless comments.

It shouldn't matter how similar or different Jews and Muslims are - we treat each other with respect and kindness following the example of the Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) and his greatness of character. We all know the hadith about the funeral procession when the Prophet (pbuh) stood - and the sahabis protested "but he is a jew" to which the Prophet rebuted "is he not a human being?".

Its possible to draw comparisions and contrasts between any two things - what benefit does its discussion bring though?

snakelegs
09-11-2006, 11:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azim
Asalaamu alaykum.

I really don't think this thread is gonna go anywhere - its on of those topics that will just disintergrate into insults and pointless comments.

It shouldn't matter how similar or different Jews and Muslims are - we treat each other with respect and kindness following the example of the Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) and his greatness of character. We all know the hadith about the funeral procession when the Prophet (pbuh) stood - and the sahabis protested "but he is a jew" to which the Prophet rebuted "is he not a human being?".

Its possible to draw comparisions and contrasts between any two things - what benefit does its discussion bring though?
it is not a comparison in order to say either one is superior or inferior.
i feel if we focused on our similarities (while being completely aware of our differences, with respect) instead of what divides us, we could live together much easier. and yes, i see a number of similarities between judaism and islam, and they face similar problems.
the world is getting smaller - we need to learn to respect each other and we do this by learning about each other. this forum section should be about comparitive religions - seeing the similarities while honouring the differences. syilla posted an excellent article here recently about islam and buddhism, which i think is a fine example of comparitive religion. but it too often deteriorates into "mine is better than yours", or people asking questions not because they have a genuine desire to learn but so they can ridicule and belittle others' faiths.
i respect the fact that muslims demand that their beliefs be respected, but sadly, with some members they are unable to grant the same respect to others and these would be the very first to yell if they thought someone was insulting islam!
there - i've vented for the day.

Aznan
09-14-2006, 11:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by arabiyyah
http://www.children-of-abraham.org/e...6&y=2004&s=all

Are Jews and Muslims so different?

We both believe in strict monotheism.
We both have daily prayers.
We both have strict diatary laws.
We both haveother similar customs.

well, in the thing you've listed. In the surface, yes.
Going deeper into it, maybe not.
Inevitably, the two have significant differences.
However, it doesn't prohibits co-existence and mutual respect.

Janissary
09-14-2006, 03:46 PM
Well, what major theological differences are there, really? The Jews consider themselves a chosen people, we don't consider them to be. But what else?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!