/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help me...

AnonymousPoster
09-11-2006, 01:13 PM
:sl:
I didn’t pray for five years. Now I want to repent, but I know that who doesn’t pray is a kafir. So, will Allah forgive me? I need a story at the prophet's time where Allah forgives a Muslim after he repents (repents from not praying). I went to many sites that said that Allah will forgive but still I am not convinced (I fear that Allah will never forgive me:cry: ).
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-11-2006, 01:19 PM
:sl:

39: 53. Say: "O 'Ibâdî (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allâh, verily Allâh forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

:)

- Qatada -
09-11-2006, 01:19 PM
:wasalamex

Say: O ‘Ibaadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah, verily, Allaah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful”

[al-Zumar 39:53]

Hadith Qudsi 34:

On the authority of Anas (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) say: Allah the Almighty said:

O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it.

It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal). Its chain of authorities is sound.

What about the vastness of Allaah’s mercy, which encompasses all things? What about Allaah’s acceptance of His slaves’ repentance, even from major sins?

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us of a man who killed ninety-nine people, then he killed a devoted worshipper, thus completing one hundred, then he repented sincerely and Allaah accepted his repentance – as is narrated in al-Saheehayn. What is your sin in comparison to his? He killed one hundred people then repented, and Allaah accepted his repentance. So you have no right to despair of the forgiveness and mercy of Allaah. Do righteous deeds and always remember the words of Allaah , may He be exalted: “Verily, the good deeds remove the evil deeds” [Hood 11:114].

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

:salamext:

UmmSqueakster
09-11-2006, 01:23 PM

The Prophet (saws) said:

"If a person had a stream outside his door and he bathed in it five times a day, do you think he would have any filth left on him?" The people said, "No filth would remain on him whatsoever." The Prophet (saws) then said, "That is like the five daily prayers: Allah (swt) wipes away the sins by them." (Recorded by al-Bukhari and Muslim.)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DigitalStorm82
09-11-2006, 06:39 PM
If you fear Allah wont forgive you... then there is something missing from your repentence.

Find out what that is... and you'll feel better, Inshallah.

Ninth_Scribe
09-11-2006, 07:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you.
I can vouch for that... I had a very rough ride through life. Landed face down in the oatmeal many times (total wipe-outs), but I picked myself up off the floor, dusted myself off and acknowledged the guilt that was mine... and I still heard: Welcome Back ;)

Ninth Scribe

DigitalStorm82
09-11-2006, 07:54 PM
for a second i thought you were quoting a song lol :)

lolwatever
09-14-2006, 08:25 AM
[removed]

bro/sis, definately you have chance of repentence, what more do u want than the verse that bro Ahmed presented :)

An example during prophets/abu bakrs time, are teh people with musaylamah the liar for example.. some of them became apostates, but when they became Muslims.. their repentance was accepted and where treated as Muslims :)

salams

Inshallah
09-14-2006, 10:03 AM
I have an question if you've missed prayers for the last 5 years do you make up for the prayers or ask allah for forgiveness and start to pray on a consistent basis as of now on????

DigitalStorm82
09-14-2006, 01:22 PM
Asalamu Alaikum,

There is difference of opinions regarding this issue, and it varies from different madhab to madhab.

Hanafi madhab requires you to make all the fard prayers you've missed in the past...

Some of the other madhab however, say you should just sincerely repent and continue from this point on... and not miss any more salaah.

so the choice is yours... if you attempt to make up all the missed salaahs, Allah will of course reward you for it.

W'salaamz,
Hamid

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!