/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What should I have done?

Ghazi
09-11-2006, 01:26 PM
:sl:

Hi there I recently went to a confrence on islamiphobia the confrence was good Mash'Allah, but the problem I had was with the whole set-up, I mean it was in a average sized hall with brothers on one side and sisters on the other i just felt uncomfterable beacuse it seemed a large majority of the sisters wern't wearing hijab and to top it all of people were talking about how we should follow islam, I did once think that maybe I should say something during the 'Question and Answers' session but I didn't want to make a scene and offend anyone, what should I have done kept quiet or advised the sisters to cover-up?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
09-11-2006, 01:32 PM
If possible, you could have had a quiet word with the organisers - perhaps they could put up a partition between the males and females next time? This could be something as simple as a length of cloth.

AvarAllahNoor
09-11-2006, 01:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

Hi there I recently went to a confrence on islamiphobia the confrence was good Mash'Allah, but the problem I had was with the whole set-up, I mean it was in a average sized hall with brothers on one side and sisters on the other i just felt uncomfterable beacuse it seemed a large majority of the sisters wern't wearing hijab and to top it all of people were talking about how we should follow islam, I did once think that maybe I should say something during the 'Question and Answers' session but I didn't want to make a scene and offend anyone, what should I have done kept quiet or advised the sisters to cover-up?
Thought the hijab isn't compulsory?

AHMED_GUREY
09-11-2006, 01:34 PM
during the Q/A you should have asked wether wearing a hijaab for a girl was obligatory and then look at their faces lool ;D

but they came with a mahram so they should have been reminded by them about covering up

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghazi
09-11-2006, 01:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
If possible, you could have had a quiet word with the organisers - perhaps they could put up a partition between the males and females next time? This could be something as simple as a length of cloth.

Good idea Jazzakallah.

QuranStudy
Yeah, hypocrisy sucks.

Ghazi
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
It is sadly some either don't care or don't think so.

Ghazi
09-11-2006, 01:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AHMED_GUREY
during the Q/A you should have asked wether wearing a hijaab for a girl was obligatory and then look at their faces lool ;D

but they came with a mahram so they should have been reminded by them about covering up

I was thinkin of doing this but I it was a large majority so I didn't want to make a scene and be seen as a smart-ass, guess I'll have to brave it next time.

Snowflake
09-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Next time, why not take advantage of such situations and give out some DIY leaflets on the importance of hijab to sisters? It'd be a good way of giving dawah and the next time these sisters may think twice before attending Islamic gatherings without hijab.

Ghazi
09-11-2006, 01:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
Next time, why not take advantage of such situations and give out some DIY leaflets on the importance of hijab to sisters? It'd be a good way of giving dawah and the next time these sisters may think twice before attending Islamic gatherings without hijab.

Inshallah sis.

Snowflake
09-11-2006, 01:51 PM
InshaAllah.

Zulkiflim
09-12-2006, 05:50 AM
Salaam,

this situation is the smae thruout the world..

What we all can do is to guide our brother and sisters to the correct mode of dressing..

Yes guys,,even when playing football you should protect your privacy,,i ahve seen the saui players hwoing their knees to the world,,and they are supposed to be following shariah..

As always they choose to follow what they wish....

syilla
09-12-2006, 06:24 AM
or maybe you can provide a simple scarfs...for them to wear...and together with with leaflets the importants of hijab...

waji
09-12-2006, 07:14 AM

Brother u could have asked the question on paper now its up to the organisers to include the question or not but if they don't include then u do what brother AHMED_GUREY said earlier
May Allah Guide us all to the righteous path
Ameen

:w:

F.Y.
09-12-2006, 08:25 AM
Its better not to mamke it a public point - people dont like it when they are made to feel small or 'not good enough'. I agree with Muezzin, have a quiet talk with the organisers and next time there is a lecture, maybe you could advertise on the posters that muslim females (and males) should try to come in the required uniform.

Peace

IbnAbdulHakim
09-12-2006, 09:28 AM
:salamext:

personally i thnk sparking an interest for islam in the hearts of these young muslimah's will inshaAllah make them wish to learn more about islam and by there own free will then may embrace practising even the niqaab.

Humiliating people has never been the way, remember the brother who didnt kno that the hukum for not talking during salaah had come and he was talkin while praying to others and then what did the prophet saws do?
he called him over, and gently informed him that hukum has come down and no-one is to talk while offering salaah :)

:wasalamex

Tania
09-12-2006, 09:53 AM
Mazed has right.They already made time to go to the meeting (conference)which it means they were interested. If you would make an observation they would felt insulted and humiliated :( In time will realise they need to cover up, may be next conference will have a theme on that..about dressing in front of each other if you will talk with the organiser..like bro Muezzin said.

akulion
09-12-2006, 09:54 AM
In my personal opinion - it was best not to 'tell them' anything at all.

The reason behind this is very simple human psychology....

A person who is already NOT doing something takes an INTEREST in that thing...

The best solution is to make them feel welcome and not do things which may REPEL them away

If you had acted 'holier than thou' it would probably have repeled a few in the crowd

So your best option was as suggested in one of the earlier posts: To ask a question in an innocent manner during the QnA session regarding Hijab.

that way it would have dispensed knowledge without being directed at anyone in particular.

Always remember though : the best dawah is through actions and not words alone

Daffodil
09-12-2006, 01:30 PM
alot of those sisters wud have been new to practicing islam, and alot of those sisters wud have been dragged to the event by some of their more practicing friends and believe it or not but alot of sisters and im sure brothers too, go to such islamic events to find a spouse! so they doll up for the special occasion where they may or may not find their romeo or juliet lol.

u shud have spoken to the organisers to put a curtain or something in between for the next event because then they wud be sinful for every act of zina committed by the atendees due to not having a curtain in between such as not lowering the gaze or mixing between genders etc because they wud be facillitating that. if thats not possible then tell them next tim to ATLEAST let the sisters sit at the back and bros at the front so then atleast the bros cant perve on the sisters as they are more weaker of the two sexes.

------
09-12-2006, 01:48 PM
Erm, I think it is, correct me if I'm wrong with evidence?

ZOREENA
09-12-2006, 01:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mazed
:salamext:

personally i thnk sparking an interest for islam in the hearts of these young muslimah's will inshaAllah make them wish to learn more about islam and by there own free will then may embrace practising even the niqaab.

:wasalamex
why niqaab? i dont think i like the idea of it, im not sure where it came from or why?

DigitalStorm82
09-12-2006, 05:01 PM
It came from the wives of the prophet...

Kamilah
09-12-2006, 05:20 PM

As mentioned by others, having a partition between the males and the females should be done in any case of any islamic event.

handing out leaflets its also a good idea, its a golden oppurtunity for the more active/ practising sisters to give dawah promote study circles- then through the study circles, discuss the importance of hijab/purdah there.

unfortunately, there are sisters out there who become defensive when they are told outright, unfortunately the methods some of the brothers have mentioned would only provoke them further.

Helena
09-12-2006, 05:36 PM
i agree wid sis daffodil...way of dressing up jus to impress the opp gender....astagfirulla........without hijaab attending a islamic event..mayb forced or encouraged to see the beauty of islam....inshalah hope the misguided ppl are guided inshalah...and be protected from the saytan tricks....fall into his traps....chosen the path of wrondoers....

there def shud be a partition between brothers and sisters...and i personally think the organisers shud be aware of this.....

erm do u have their email? mayb wen a nxt programme is held...u cud remind them inshalah.......how ir shud be organised....

thinking of that...need to email islam channel....regarding their global peace unity...the seating plans were abit weird....felt proper uncomfortable man....

Kamilah
09-12-2006, 05:52 PM
thinking of that...need to email islam channel....regarding their global peace unity...the seating plans were abit weird....felt proper uncomfortable man
omg! tell me bout it, it was so awkward.

Helena
09-12-2006, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kamilah
omg! tell me bout it, it was so awkward.
yeap sis proper awkward man......had noo idea were to seat.....but we sat in da family sect......but still.....wallahi it was weird.......da organisers shud be aware of islamic values and keep it in mind.....and try to reveal that in da events.....but it was all......out of order....

habiibti
09-15-2006, 02:12 AM
Assalamu aleiukm

i am not gonna try and make an excuse for anyone not wearing da hijab but did u stop maybe to think not all people who attended were muslims?

we hold talks in da college i attend and believe it or not,most of da people who come happen to be non muslims.Unless u know each one of them,or sure that it was 4 only muslims,u cant make a conclusion on who they are.

Dhulqarnaeen
09-15-2006, 02:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AHMED_GUREY

I agree with you akhee :D . If I was there I will ask to the teacher there "what is the hukm of wearing hijab for girls". And then we can see of how shy they will be. And its good for them, its a lesson so they will come to islamic conference with hijab next time. BUT of course we hope they will wear hijab everywhere after that :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!