09-11-2006, 08:21 PM
salam.
is Pokemon allowed in Islam?
w.salam

P.S someone changed the title marn!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
QuranStudy
09-11-2006, 08:23 PM
What is you age?? Isnt Pokemon like for 6 year olds?? Do you watch Naruto too?? :D :D

Kittygyal
09-11-2006, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by QuranStudy
What is you age?? Isnt Pokemon like for 6 year olds?? Do you watch Naruto too?? :D :D
salam.
kiddo && am asking a genral question, i watch Cbbeedies you name it, i watch fimbles, tweenies, teletubbies all sorts so just wana know.
w.salam

QuranStudy
09-11-2006, 08:25 PM
21?? LOL, you grammar/spelling doesnt indicate it. lol j/k :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
09-11-2006, 08:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by QuranStudy
?? LOL, you grammar/spelling doesnt indicate it. lol j/k :D
salam.
your NOT funny mate i'll sort you out on the other site but anyway don't wana get a warning right all am asking is a simple question, && also am used to slang so what you on about, anywho Fisabillah bro HELP :)
w.salam

IbnAbdulHakim
09-11-2006, 08:30 PM
:salamext:

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...g&txt=cartoons

format_quote Originally Posted by Conclusion
After stating the positive and negative aspects, the Islamic attitude should be clear in sha Allah. The more negative points there are, the closer the ruling is to stating that it is haraam, and the more it is able to avoid the negative aspects, the closer it is to being permissible. This tells us that it is essential to establish companies that will produce Islamic cartoons by means of which all positive virtues may be instilled and all harmful and evil aspects can be avoided.

And Allaah knows best.

My Personal Opinion:

Stick to islam, forget the kuffars stuff !

chacha_jalebi
09-11-2006, 08:32 PM
salaam

i remmeber hearing :D that pokemon was banned in saudi arabia :p because kiddies were believing, that there wer humans who could make pokemon & make them do all that funky stuff :p and thats a valid reason!

why is this thread called simpsons and talking about pokemon? :p come on sort it out

Umm Yoosuf
09-11-2006, 08:34 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum

Firstly ask yourself this question.

How does watching the simpsons benefit you?

It wastes time and encourages nothing but bad behaviour.

Allah Knows Best.

- Qatada -
09-11-2006, 08:35 PM
:wasalamex

Yeah, like bro Mazed mentioned ^^

format_quote Originally Posted by IslamQ&A
some poke fun at Islam and Muslims, whilst others (such as Pokemon) include the beliefs of eastern and idolatrous religions. And there are many other examples. Even if a film does not outwardly go against Islam, it still carries notions of western culture that are alien to our society and religion.

So it isn't really good to watch cartoons that support the idea of worshipping something else besides Allaah Almighty, and pokémon does promote this because they go to different statues and get help from them sometimes etc.

Allaah Almighty knows best.

akulion
09-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Peekachu :D

Fishman
09-11-2006, 08:41 PM
:sl:
If I was never introduced to Pokemon by my 'friend', I could have been 25% smarter.
:w:

akulion
09-11-2006, 08:45 PM
cartoons have been an invaluable resource of inspiration for me in my marketing idea and also my media productions

so its just a matter of finding the good in something

Helena
09-11-2006, 09:40 PM
pokemon...i was a pokemon freak and am still am...i guess...its jus pokemon...the cute little pokemons defeating to become pokemon master.....man i cud go on on on on on on about pokemon...was gna create a sep thread pokemon to bring da old memories....shud i or not?...that is da quest.....

erm compared simpsons......the simpson is ideally created for adults, the scenes, language...are sooooo for adults....the only thing attracts the child to watch the progrmme is because the thought of animation, the bright colours that attracts children easily and and and...............when a child is left alone to watch the TV...wihout knowing wot he/she is viewing or the parents are unaware of......

talking of pokemone..playing da pokemon gmae on gameboy colour, gameboy advace...and now on DS...its coming out soon....watching da programme after school......pokemon gotta catch em all......

limitless
09-12-2006, 12:03 AM

I don't think watching cartoon is that bad as long as your faith in Islam and Allah is strong nothing will change what you believe in. Also, there is nothing wrong with a 21 year old sis/bro watching cartoons as long as they pray the five salahs and have great faith in Allah and what Islam teaches. I watched Pokemon, but back then I still believed in one and only Allah and had very little knowledge of islam. Just my opinion.

syilla
09-12-2006, 03:28 AM
i have pokemon cd collections :hiding: ....and i'm worst...i'm married ...and even worst i hide it from my son :hiding: :hiding:

Tania
09-12-2006, 05:18 AM
I like the Disney cartoons like 101 dalmatians, Lady and the tramp.Are soo cute:) May be you could replace Pokemon with Disney movies or christian andersen stories

Kittygyal
09-12-2006, 06:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Assalaamu Alaikum

Firstly ask yourself this question.

How does watching the simpsons benefit you?

It wastes time and encourages nothing but bad behaviour.

Allah Knows Best.
salam.
not simpsons Pokemone sis
w.salam

Kittygyal
09-12-2006, 06:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
Peekachu :D
salam.
aww h'es soo cute marn but inshallah be gonna stop watching it well atleast "try" :grumbling
w.salam

Salmaan
09-12-2006, 07:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salam.
is Pokemon allowed in Islam?
w.salam

P.S someone changed the title marn!

Harry Potter contains magic, magic is disallowed in Islam, so it is also disallowed in Islam to read Harry Potter books and watch Harry Potter movies.

Similarly, if Pokemon contains magic, then it is disallowed in Islam to watch Pokemon. - this is my opinion. :)

Kittygyal
09-12-2006, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salmaan

Harry Potter contains magic, magic is disallowed in Islam, so it is also disallowed in Islam to read Harry Potter books and watch Harry Potter movies.

Similarly, if Pokemon contains magic, then it is disallowed in Islam to watch Pokemon. - this is my opinion. :)

salam.
pokemon doesn't have magic humm well then again what about Cbeebies is that allowed i mean come on i watch it so is that bad? *am not kid people ask Queen sis if you don't believe me:uhwhat *
w.salam

P.S whats bad about magic:?

- Qatada -
09-12-2006, 04:38 PM
salam.

P.S whats bad about magic:?

Black Magic and Satanic Possession
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...=eng&txt=magic

Kittygyal
09-12-2006, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Black Magic and Satanic Possession
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...=eng&txt=magic

salam.
NOT black magic, magic as in "fairy" magic, oh well me will read your post inshallah. :)
w.salam

- Qatada -
09-12-2006, 04:58 PM

“They followed what the Shayaateen (devils) gave out (falsely of the magic) in the lifetime of Sulaymaan (Solomon). Sulaymaan did not disbelieve, but the Shayaateen (devils) disbelieved, teaching men magic and such things that came down at Babylon to the two angels, Haaroot and Maaroot, but neither of these two (angels) taught anyone (such things) till they had said, ‘We are for trial, so disbelieve not (by learning this magic from us).’ And from these (angels) people learn that by which they cause separation between man and his wife, but they could not thus harm anyone except by Allaah’s Leave. And they learn that which harms them and profits them not. And indeed they knew that the buyers of it (magic) would have no share in the Hereafter. And how bad indeed was that for which they sold their ownselves, if they but knew.

And if they had believed and guarded themselves from evil and kept their duty to Allaah, far better would have been the reward from their Lord, if they but knew!”

[al-Baqarah 2:102-103]

In these verses, Allaah clearly states that witchcraft is kufr (disbelief) (disbelief) and that it is from the teachings of the devils. Allaah has condemned them for that, and they are our enemies. And He has stated that teaching witchcraft is kufr (disbelief) and that it is harmful and not beneficial, so we must beware of it.

source: http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...=eng&txt=magic

So there is no such thing as good magic, and Allaah Almighty knows best.

Kittygyal
09-12-2006, 04:59 PM
salam.
okay Shukran but am abit confused i mean like Fimbles they have twinky time right is that NOT allowed?
w.salam

Kittygyal
09-18-2006, 06:30 PM
salam.
bumped in for everyone i need a SERIOUS answer peeps because if its not allwoed in Islam then me don't want to have a bad sin YA ALLAH!! so best if i know than not know inshallah
w.salam

- Qatada -
09-18-2006, 06:57 PM

I'm not really sure, if i was you - just try spending your time with more useful stuff insha'Allaah.. read books about islam if you can, because every second that we waste - it's getting us closer to death.

Kittygyal
09-18-2006, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

I'm not really sure, if i was you - just try spending your time with more useful stuff insha'Allaah.. read books about islam if you can, because every second that we waste - it's getting us closer to death.

salam.
okay inshallah me will ask an sheik then inshallah :)
w.salam

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-18-2006, 07:01 PM
oooo pokemon annoys me so much! even tho pikachu is cute LOL.. buh das nt da point, its so like umm.. stupid.. im mature so i nid mor mature tingz LOLLL yh ryt :p

IbnAbdulHakim
09-18-2006, 07:05 PM
salam.
okay inshallah me will ask an sheik then inshallah :)
w.salam

sis jus make sure that the sheikh is trustworthy.... there are a lot of fatwa shoppers out there (WALLAHI I MEAN NO DISRESPECT TO THE ULAMA.. may Allah forgive me)

Kittygyal
09-18-2006, 07:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
oooo pokemon annoys me so much! even tho pikachu is cute LOL.. buh das nt da point, its so like umm.. stupid.. im mature so i nid mor mature tingz LOLLL yh ryt :p

salam.
*ahem* *ahem* *ahem* *ahem*

what what what what did i just hear kidding

nah seriously PIka Pika is ze best marn look at ze age but come on me addicted to it now.
w.salam

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-18-2006, 07:08 PM
nah man tings lyk dat and watz da otha 1.. digimon ^o) aint it da same, i c no point, it onli juz scares and tramautises children and in some cases older people :-\

aamirsaab
09-18-2006, 07:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salmaan

Not quite.

Pokemon contains naff all to do with magic. It's about little blighters who are trained by 10 year old brats to beat the hell out of each other. Pretty cool concept, though I'd have prefered more violence. In addition to Japanese voices.

format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
cartoons have been an invaluable resource of inspiration for me in my marketing idea and also my media productions

so its just a matter of finding the good in something
Agreed.

Kittygyal
09-18-2006, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mazed

sis jus make sure that the sheikh is trustworthy.... there are a lot of fatwa shoppers out there (WALLAHI I MEAN NO DISRESPECT TO THE ULAMA.. may Allah forgive me)

salam.
inshallah brother Shukran for letting me know tho ;)
w.salam

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-18-2006, 07:14 PM
ohhhh 1 thing annoys me da most, 4get pokemon! harry potter!!! y duz she keep makin more books, its soooo anoyin, i hate harry potter.. cnt stand it.. lol *nw i bet every1 going 2 gang up on me :$*

Kittygyal
09-18-2006, 07:19 PM
ohhhh 1 thing annoys me da most, 4get pokemon! harry potter!!! y duz she keep makin more books, its soooo anoyin, i hate harry potter.. cnt stand it.. lol *nw i bet every1 going 2 gang up on me :$*

salam.
okay i will let you off cause i HATE harry potter too boring but pika pika iz ze best!
w.salam

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-18-2006, 07:24 PM
pikaz betta dan harry potter.. i hate da guy 4 sum reali weird reson, or do i hate da author more?

Kittygyal
09-18-2006, 07:25 PM
pikaz betta dan harry potter.. i hate da guy 4 sum reali weird reson, or do i hate da author more?

salam.
i hate harry (oh not my nephew opps Harun is going to get me for this, NOT you harry okay :X) well "harry" potter is just some weirdo && yes author suxs
w,salam

Ghazi
09-18-2006, 07:27 PM

See this is where T.V is something I won't inshallah expose to my kids, lets take Pokemon for example that dude 'Brock' isn't he always pervin on chicks and other stuff which isn't islamic.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-18-2006, 07:28 PM
good advice bro ^

Kittygyal
09-18-2006, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazi

See this is where T.V is something I won't inshallah expose to my kids, lets take Pokemon for example that dude 'Brock' isn't he always pervin on chicks and other stuff which isn't islamic.

salam.
where did you get that from NO he is "perving" on chicks i mean come on it's only a cartoon for heaven sake :)
w.salam

Muezzin
09-18-2006, 07:30 PM

The irony being he doesn't seem to have any eyes.

I think when it comes to Pokemon and Harry Potter, people need to chill out before handing out pre-made fatwas. I've read Harry Potter and it has about as much to do with witchcraft as an episode of Supernanny. Pokemon is just your simple craze for kiddies, which in this case is a mental Japanese cartoon containing all the common cliches of similar Japanese kiddies' cartoons.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-18-2006, 07:31 PM
LOL ^ leav da guy (cartoon ^o)) alone.. anyways, evn if it is a cartoon man, its stil influencn 2 kidz :-\

Kittygyal
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

salam.

*ahem*

good one Akhi :okay:
w.salam

Ghazi
salam.
where did you get that from NO he is "perving" on chicks i mean come on it's only a cartoon for heaven sake :)
w.salam

And, would you let a young family member watch a male perving at women on the streets?

Kittygyal
09-18-2006, 07:32 PM
salam.
okay full stop people i don't wana start a dabate or anything will ask an sheik inshallah :)
w.salam

IbnAbdulHakim
09-18-2006, 07:33 PM

exactly, kids gnna end up watching it n watchin it n den due to the constant exposure to sin there gnna think its all-right when it is sikness of the heart. bro good point mashAllah. This is why weneva my nieces nephews watch nethin im right there wiv da remote in ma hand :Evil:

Kittygyal
09-18-2006, 07:34 PM

And, would you let a young family member watch a male perving at women on the streets?

salam.
i ment to say no he isn't perving on chicks i mean if you look at someone thats called "perving" now is it :? humm... anywho kids watch Cbeebies right so if a cartoon looks at one another thats perving right:? (good one [ahem])
w.salam

Kittygyal
09-18-2006, 07:35 PM
salam.
okay they are little cartoons && yes they don't kiss or somet humm confused
w.salam

Muezzin
09-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Can I just close this thread, please? It's getting quite ridiculous. The sister has said she will ask a sheikh, and I find it quite silly we're here debating whether or not Pokemon and Harry Potter are evil.

Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.