/* */

PDA

View Full Version : People demand respect for Islam

ManchesterFolk
09-12-2006, 12:58 AM
Many members here demand respect for islam, yet at the same time they insult the religion of christianity in various ways. Is tolerance a little to much to ask in a time it should be valued as most precious.

I respect all religions. Some of you should adapt to this idea in the hope of promoting tolerance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
09-12-2006, 01:08 AM
I've never truly been insulted by anything stated about Christianity on this forum. Some of the questions are meant to be disrespectful, but quite frankly it takes more than a statement on an internet forum to get me upset about anything. Since this is an Islamic forum, I just go with the flow.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-12-2006, 01:20 AM
To be honest, I'm fed up with people attacking each other. If you can't refrain from making such statements dont bother being here. Truthfully, it's not very helpful and i get major migraines cuz people cant shut it..lol >.<
There are some people here who do that, from both sides...it ticks me off. Rather all sides...

ManchesterFolk
09-12-2006, 01:45 AM
I made this post in response to attacks on eachothers religions by some members who basically need to calm down and realize that insulting peoples way of life is not an awsner to there problems and will bring them no peace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
F.Y.
09-12-2006, 04:51 AM
I agree with you ManchesterFolk. I have noticed constant insulting - its like a bird pecking and pecking and pecking....it is annoying. I tend to keep away from those heated discussions because I think peoples' views become more rigid - they tend to see the other point of view less.
I think its not much to ask - be kind and ask questions....but dont ridicule. People dont respond to put-downs.
Brother QuranStudy, I'm sorry I have to disagree with you :( But I dont think I have seen MF being bigoted (yet). I think he is basically saying we should ALL respect each other.

Peace

Zulkiflim
09-12-2006, 05:06 AM
Salaam,

As always when you feel insulted,it is you whom are insulted,,,it is without the intent.

When you think about insult,then try to picture this ok..the Prophet Muhammad saw pcaricatures,those are insult.

A blatant disregard wihout deiscussion just on sided view.

Where as here when we point out certain things in hindusim or chrisitanity or what ever,we ask and we know inshlalah if they do not run away,will be answered.

So pls,keep an open mind,if you are insulted then do as the Prophet does..even when he is angry..walk away...

You feel anger ,you feel insulted....was it intended?

Zulkiflim
09-12-2006, 05:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by F.Y.
I agree with you ManchesterFolk. I have noticed constant insulting - its like a bird pecking and pecking and pecking....it is annoying. I tend to keep away from those heated discussions because I think peoples' views become more rigid - they tend to see the other point of view less.
I think its not much to ask - be kind and ask questions....but dont ridicule. People dont respond to put-downs.
Brother QuranStudy, I'm sorry I have to disagree with you :( But I dont think I have seen MF being bigoted (yet). I think he is basically saying we should ALL respect each other.

Peace
Salaam,

I agree,we should couch our word in a more uninsultng manner,but nonethless the world need to be said.

And i find it sad that you distance yourself from discussion casue you think that people tnd to see the other point of view less...that is maybe true but that also mena you are also closed to otehr points of view..is that not right.

that is why we have discussion,di be more assertive and proactive and we should all learn from one another.

F.Y.
09-12-2006, 08:20 AM
^I'm sorry, but if I dont think it will be of any benefit to join a heated discussion - I wont join it. It is better to say a good word, otherwise keep silent. I think I would rather remain silent - I'd rather not insult anyone.

Peace

snakelegs
09-12-2006, 08:56 AM

Peace
i agree totally. this section is getting worse and worse. this, when it is so important that we respect each other and realize that other people have just as much right to be respected as we have.
sad. (and maddening too!)

Ghazi
09-12-2006, 11:38 AM
:sl:

I disagree, I don't think any member here has come with the intention to insult any religion but people have stated errors ect in their opinion and this is where some might feel insulted, if you can't debate in a cival way then a forum isn't the place for you.

wilberhum
09-12-2006, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

I disagree, I don't think any member here has come with the intention to insult any religion but people have stated errors ect in their opinion and this is where some might feel insulted, if you can't debate in a cival way then a forum isn't the place for you.
There is one member who spent the hole day ilsulting everyone. By the way he is the only one that really attacked ManchesterFolk.

PS someone just stated that a TV commercial shows what most Christians have turned their religion into. Is this not an insult to Christians?

sameer
09-12-2006, 05:53 PM
Actually, Glo, Dusk, Jayda, tania and some others and myself are having pretty good discussions on other threads. So not all is Bad. I must admit there are "cheap shots" aimed at some of the posters.....and that is bad.

I do however think that Manchesterfolk shouldnt really be the one to start this thread beacuse i dont think he really likes or respects islam or muslims irregardless of what he might say.

[removed quote]

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-12-2006, 05:59 PM
That comment manchester made is so ignorant. He sees it as Muslims doing it, but seriously look at urself, fix urself before u say anything about anyone else. If you cant fix urself u have no right to blab things out. This by the way goes for everyone, regardless of who you are. Please learn some ethics people.

duskiness
09-12-2006, 11:27 PM
I think ManchesterFolk is going through something that many nonMuslims here know. Check threads like "Glo speak up" or "Proof that the Bible is ‘Corrupted’ " (where i got quite emotional). It's in the end Muslim board, presenting Muslim view. Sometime it's hard for us to get used to fact that some things can be said about our faith, when Islam is much more "protected" here.
But it is a Islamic board and we are here because we want to and not because we are forced to.
ps: i rather like ManchesterFolk's posts.. :) i hope he wont be banned :D
n.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-12-2006, 11:30 PM
Your right duskiness, but not everyone here is making comments. So for your own sake, for the sake of people who are respecting you and for the sake of God(importantly) be patient. I cant tell you how patient I try to be with comments directed at us as well. But if I act like some people here, it wont help me, my faith or fellow Muslims. Patience and humbleness is the key :)

ZOREENA
09-12-2006, 11:52 PM
Basic rulez of any discussion is to keep an open mind, listen to others, do not offend and let everyone voice their opinion! Some people feel sooo passionate about certain things and of course their religion as a whole and can get carried away, iv done it myself!! But no one has the rite to insult somone or direct any malice commentz, and so what if someone says something bad, ur a better person for ignoring it! I cant stand people insulting eachoter, regardless of who they are!In Belfast, it happenz day in day out, and itz only coz the people have nothing better to do or say!!!rarrrrghhhhhh!!

chitownmuslim
09-13-2006, 06:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ManchesterFolk
Many members here demand respect for islam, yet at the same time they insult the religion of christianity in various ways. Is tolerance a little to much to ask in a time it should be valued as most precious.

I respect all religions. Some of you should adapt to this idea in the hope of promoting tolerance.

I agree to some extent. Ive seen a few members here that were kinda offensive, but in general i think the admins here do a good job of showing those people their limits..
tolerance is definitely needed everywhere.

Abdulwaheed
09-13-2006, 07:06 AM
Some people say things that they dont think would be offensive and a lot of people take things out of context, or react to things differently and some people just want to start some kind of conflict.

These insults are bound to happen.

ZOREENA
09-13-2006, 11:29 AM
some people wanna hear an insult so that it justifies them to kick off!!!

Abdulwaheed
09-13-2006, 11:36 AM
i agree. some people puposely take everything as an attack on them or their beliefs.

ZOREENA
09-13-2006, 11:51 AM
I know for a fact, that here in Belfast, you know with the troblez an all, that the people go out and riot and fight etc, BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO, there are some original hard core people that are out to defend their estate and culture and all the rest, and have the real values at heart, but some are just out to be a nuisnace and hurt other people....Respect is thrown clean out the winda when it comez to people having idol time on their handz or feel they are up for a fight!!! In termz of discussion, people are so close minded and their prejudices wont even let the other person get a word in edgewayz coz their mind is shut....i used to be like that, before I became Muslim, I just thought, it was a crazy religion like where they worship animalz or do funky sining things, and then I grew up and found it was rather much the opposite, when pepople hear religionz in other languagez and see funni people practicin it, they are like...weirdoz, but if they got to know the people, it would be a different story!!! AKKKKKKKKKKKKK lol!!!boring!!!

جوري
09-14-2006, 02:05 AM
well said zoreena... you can print a thousand pamphlet make wonderful state of the art DVD's to explain what islam is.... but nothing quite like personal contact to teach another of Isalm........traveling, meeting with people is the biggest killer of prejudice... I believe it was mark twain who said that?

Janissary
09-14-2006, 04:05 PM
[029:046] And dispute ye not with the People of the Book, except with means better...

Something to think about for all Muslims here.

Zulkiflim
09-14-2006, 07:01 PM
^I'm sorry, but if I dont think it will be of any benefit to join a heated discussion - I wont join it. It is better to say a good word, otherwise keep silent. I think I would rather remain silent - I'd rather not insult anyone.

Peace

Salaa,

May i ask,if you see a son scolding the mother in a horrednous way,do you walk away or raise up your voice in rpotest and aid for the mother?

will not show your knowledge and compassion and your insight into it?

Or if there is any heated discussion ,you will just remian silent then forever no one will learn anything nor will bridges be build.

Can we unsderstand wihout feeling and passion?
Should we suppress it just to keep civility while the distrust become deeper?

جوري
09-14-2006, 08:16 PM
of course not but we shouldn't engage in wrangle either... we should state why and why not in logical sequence... if people are bigoted or one track minded then it will not make a bit of difference whatsoever what you write or don't write... in fact it seems they derive fuel out of sensing your dismay with what is going on... prophet mohammed (PBUH) said khatibo inas 3la 3iqolohim... which means you should engage a person to their level of understanding... if your field of expertise is astro-physics the way you engage with your colleague is different from the way you engage your parents or your children or some random person you meet in a cafe.... I don't feel feel passion about any other religion the way I feel about Islam but I will not give another a portal to come insult my religion by insulting theirs
peace

Ansar Al-'Adl
09-15-2006, 12:12 AM
Of course, mutual respect is crucial for beneficial dialogue :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-15-2006, 12:19 AM
Lol.. this thread is still alive...roger that =D

F.Y.
09-15-2006, 02:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaa,

May i ask,if you see a son scolding the mother in a horrednous way,do you walk away or raise up your voice in rpotest and aid for the mother?

will not show your knowledge and compassion and your insight into it?

Or if there is any heated discussion ,you will just remian silent then forever no one will learn anything nor will bridges be build.

Can we unsderstand wihout feeling and passion?
Should we suppress it just to keep civility while the distrust become deeper?
:w: :)
If I saw a son scolding a mother....hmmm. I would keep quiet. Most probably, I dont know the full story why their is an argument. Maybe he wants to pray his salah at the mosque and she wont let him? Hmmm. He obviously shouldnt speak like that to his mother - but I would not speak up for anyone. I would try to neutralise and calm the situation first. Then you listen to both sides of the story with an objective mind. Taking sides between mum and son - that would put you in a very difficult situation wouldnt it? I think it would be best to listen to both sides, give advice to BOTH sides, so it's all fair.

I can see what you are saying - discussion build bridges. But it depends on who is speaking and how. If someone is saying, 'You ******** ***** %#$%#$^ - you all are so stupid and dont know how idiotic you sound and your religion is a load of %^$% %$^%$^%$." I wouldnt participate in that - unless the person calmed down. But if someone is asking questions, genuinely wanting answers, being respectful, choosing their words carefully, being objective and fair - then i love answering. Most of the debates on here are full of sarcasm and insults. I boils down to respect, again. Not respecting for the sake of respecting, but truly having respect and consideration for other peoples views, whilst still maintaining (respectfully and intelligently) your views.

That is all. I have joined discussions in the past, dont join some because someone already has stated my point of view and i dont see why i should regurgitate everything someone has already said.

Peace to you dear brother. I hope you understand what im trying to say.

Keltoi
09-15-2006, 02:52 AM
The main problem I see with this issue is that some members seem to feel the need to find a way to discredit Christianity, connect it with paganism, etc. This isn't the way to an educational dialogue, it is intended to make themselves feel more secure in their own faith by casting stones at another faith. How can a thread title called "Christianity and its pagan roots" be considered an attempt at an educational dialogue? It obviously isn't. That is my main issue.

InToTheRain
09-15-2006, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by duskiness
I think ManchesterFolk is going through something that many nonMuslims here know. Check threads like "Glo speak up" or "Proof that the Bible is ‘Corrupted’ " (where i got quite emotional). It's in the end Muslim board, presenting Muslim view. Sometime

it's hard for us to get used to fact that some things can be said about our faith, when Islam is much more "protected" here.
But it is a Islamic board and we are here because we want to and not because we are forced to.
n.

Im sorry you feel that way Dusk. But you can rely on me if you need back up when it comes to defending belief in God and Jesus(AS) :okay:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-15-2006, 11:23 PM
not jus you but a lot of us...=P lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.