/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Chess ?????

Muslimgirl01
09-12-2006, 10:30 AM
In islam are we allowd to play chess..coz loads of pple say we are not....if not,why??:? :?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cihad
09-12-2006, 12:07 PM
i think its okay coz it helps it use u'r brain

some ppl think its not right because of the king thing

akulion
09-12-2006, 12:12 PM
I have heard the same but up till now in my research have not found anything to indicate that it is Haram

However pleae do note that in olden days people used to play chess to gamble...gambling is haram, thus playing chess to gamble would obiviously be as well.

Also another aspect in which it becomes haram is when people get obsessed with it, spending hours upon hours playing it and wasting their time.

An innocent game of chess is ok, but for people who make it a habit and sit all day long playing chess with complete disregard of time or anything else - it becomes haram for them - as is in the case of most things when done in an obsessive access.

Malaikah
09-12-2006, 12:16 PM
:sl:

all i know is that there is a hadith that says that playing chess is like putting your hand in pigs blood..

im pretty sure thats right but i could be wrong..

edit, it was actually about backgammon:

Muslim (2260) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever plays dice (backgammon) is like one who has dipped his hand in the flesh and blood of a pig.”

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
09-12-2006, 12:18 PM
:salamext:

Ruling on playing chess

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...=eng&txt=chess

piXie
09-12-2006, 12:27 PM
^ jazakallah khayr for th link brother

i think chess is boring n silly :uhwhat

Muslimgirl01
09-13-2006, 09:28 AM
jazakallah for that lnk!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.