who knows aditional information supply us

Best Regards

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Syed
06-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Yahoo and Yahoodie!!!

Muezzin
06-11-2005, 07:56 PM
Heh, it's not 'A Jewish God'. Judaism is a monotheistic faith (one God) same as Islam - in fact, their God is the same as ours, they just call Him a different name, but that's by the by.

To answer your question:

yahoo

n 1: not very intelligent or interested in culture 2: one of a race of brutes resembling men but subject to the Houyhnhnms in a novel by Jonathan Swift [Gulliver's Travels]

Thank you, Dictionary.com

Z
06-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Islam is easy, let us not make it hard.

Rather than finding out what Yahoo means, (which by the way will grant you no benefit or get you nearer to Jannah), find out a sahabi whom practised the dikr well? Let us waste our free time in the rememberence of Allah, not finding out what words mean.

I say this because, as we all know the Coca-Cola issue, turned out that some people get these sudden urges to guide the Ummah right.

Allahu Alim.

The Jews refer to their God as 'Hashem'.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
06-11-2005, 08:11 PM
:sl:

There's no harm in asking though, bro. Then it's much easier to nip such artificial controversy in the bud. Plus, it takes like a second to look it up. No harm done.

Z
06-11-2005, 08:14 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Today your curosity is what Yahoo is. Tomorrow it'll be why do we have to pray Salaah.

Subhan Allah. How clever is the devil.

Muezzin
06-11-2005, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul
Asalamu Alaikum

Today your curosity is what Yahoo is. Tomorrow it'll be why do we have to pray Salaah.

Subhan Allah. How clever is the devil.
Er.. no. I already knew what this word meant, I just pasted the definition in for the sister asking. Last time I checked, expanding one's vocabulary is not haraam :confused: :brother:

S_87
06-11-2005, 08:21 PM

there is nothing wrong with asking about things which we are unsure :)

BlissfullyJaded
06-11-2005, 08:32 PM

Its better to ask and clear up your misconceptions, then to keep it within you and keep yourself ignorant.

You can say we shouldn't think such things, but if we do, we might as well clarify it. :)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-11-2005, 08:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

there is nothing wrong with asking about things which we are unsure :)

:thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up

Pinkrose
06-11-2005, 08:39 PM

Bro. Abdul there is really nothing wrong with asking a simple question. Asking what yahoo means doesn't lead you to a wrong way. What is the haraam part in this? :confused: :confused: :D

:w:

Z
06-11-2005, 09:21 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

I guess I was the fool in this. I'm sorry, do forgive me.

Yahoo - Yet Another Hypertext Online Organizer.

Ra`eesah
06-11-2005, 09:36 PM
Assalamu’Alaykum

Yahoo is a Jewish organization...and the Meaning of YAHOO is simple :) here’s the history...

The original Hebrew word is actually Y H W H ....sounds familiar? How about YA HUWA? Yes rings a bell now.. Hebrew and Arabi are a sister language.
See the resemblance between the languages, very often the same sounding words carry identical meaning in both.

HEBREW ARABIC ENGLISH
Yahuwa Ya Huwa oh he

Later on these the word YHWH was changed andis now what we now as Jehovah. If you ask them[jehovah witness] where this word Jehovah came from they will say they got it from the “Bible” But no where does it spell out J- E- H- O- V- A- H, no because theres actually a 'tetragrammaton’ in the bible where the word Jahova derives from. If asked what a tetrgrammaton is they will say...its YHWHi...but in fact the meaning of the word Tetgrammaton is “Tetra," in Greek means FOUR, and "grammaton," means LETTERS. It simply means "a four letter word."** In english there has to be a vowel in a word it’s the law of English so they [Jehovah witness] say “"we ought to add vowels to these four consonents to produce the sound”*** So if we add the vowels as the "Witness" suggests. YHWH becomes YeHoWaH. Juggle as you like but you can never materialise Jehovah!!! later on in the 16th century the “J” was produced to substitute for the Y in Arabi and Hebrew. No longer does the original word YHWH exist be it to the Jews nor to the Gentiles....It was “The European Christians” that developed a fondness for the letter "J" They add J's where there are no Jays.

Yael=Joel

Yehuda=Juda

Yeheshua=Joshua

Yusuf=Joseph

Yunus= Jonah

Yesus=Jesus

Yehowa=Jehovah

Ok maybe im getting into deep...sorry for that.... However THAT my brothers and sisters is the History of YAHOO

** ( The Four lettered word is YHWH)
***( Originally, both Hebrew and Arabic were written without the vowel signs The native of each language was able to read if even without those vowels. Not so the outsider, for whose benefit the vowels were invented.)

Far7an
06-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Jazakallah khair for clearing that up.

Nablus
06-12-2005, 06:14 PM
thank u brothers and siters

Abdull i will not comment on what have u written
but i want to say its good to ask about what is the expresions that our enemy use

because our enemy knows about our history every thing

so we have to know their special language

this is in brief

Best Regards

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.