PDA

View Full Version : The most Extraordinary Moment Ever!!



Ibn Syed
06-11-2005, 08:05 PM
:sl:
A story I found:

The Most Extraordinary Incident Ever!



I was reading a book in the dining room when the printer started to print. Strangely, my computer was in ANOTHER room and I was the only person in the house. I picked up the message which read:

"The oceans, the insects, the planets and their orbits, the light and the darkness, the air and the water, the perfect flow of the universe, the life, how did it all begin? By accident?"


I quickly went to check who was using my computer. To my surprise, I found my cat playing on the keyboard and just by hitting different keys of the keyboard it produced this message! Unbelievable! I came back to read the message again. It was in plain human language and there was no chance that a cat could have produced it. I have tried to solve this riddle but to no avail, but I remembered later that I was taught at school that this whole universe itself is the result of an accident, the Big Bang! The Big Bang was an explosion that formed the earth, the sun and the planets, and consequently the water, air and the life. Yes it was an accident as said by the scientists. Scientists also agree that every single element in the nature has a purpose and essential role in the smooth flow of the universe. For example if one star leaves its orbit or if the composition of the atmosphere changes slightly it will not support the life as we know it.

But, if an accident produced this perfect universe, why can't I reward my cat as it became the first ever cat that could WRITE (accidently though)? If my cat can’t write one paragraph in an accident, how can this faultless universe come out of an accident when there was not even a cat on the keyboard? How can I believe the scientists while I cannot believe my own eyes?

By: Abdulqadir Diriye


:w:
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IslamicBrother
06-12-2005, 09:46 AM
:sl:

Interesting story brother. But please state your sources.

Jazakallah.
Reply

Muhammad
06-12-2005, 10:15 AM
:sl: I don't know if its true...but it has a good analogy!
Reply

Batoota
06-12-2005, 10:42 AM
:sl:

Quite interesting! :) I do know a real story that this reminds me of if you guys are interested. (Actually, whether you're interested or not, i'm typing it :p )

There was this woman on an interfaith forum I used to go on. Her username was quiet strange, something like DameStraj..<- really, can't remember the rest. But anyways, she hung out a lot on "our side"- or the Women in Islam side. *I mean if you want, you can go to www.beliefnet.com, click on islamic discussions, find women in islam, press search by name...and you'll get her posts....so you'll see that i'm not making this up!

Anyways, she was Non-Muslim. In fact, she was a believer in the ancient Greek gods, so for me it was pretty interesting when i found out that she loved hijaab and wore it- in fact, the more we talked to her, the more her views seemed islamic...but she didn't seem to know it....

a year later, i was on the internet and i saw a "reversion story". I absolutely love these stories :wub: so i went to read it- it was about Dame! and it was the very same woman since she mentioned the forum beliefnet! OMG.. :omg:

you know what she said?

The she had stopped finding comfort in the greek gods and that one day.......her little boy (and i'm talking about very little- a very young ONE!) said .........


Allah!


just like that!! :omg: :applaud: :thumbs_up


and when he said it, she knew it was no coincidence, so she reverted- and alhamdillah, i believe her husband did too! :applaud: :) :love:


* i could try and find the exact link if anybody wants to know...........*


:w:
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Batoota
06-12-2005, 11:00 AM
:sl:

Found the link:

http://sisters.islamway.com/modules....rticle&sid=354

Yup- Subhan Allah!

Allah is the greatest!


:w:
Reply

Ummah
06-12-2005, 12:48 PM
Asalaamualaikum

wow.......! that was such a good read. SubhanAllah

Ma'salaama
Reply

IslamicBrother
06-12-2005, 02:53 PM
Allahu Akhbar! No words to express how elated i am by reading your story! MashaAllah.
Reply

Arwa
06-12-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by Batoota
:sl:

Quite interesting! :) I do know a real story that this reminds me of if you guys are interested. (Actually, whether you're interested or not, i'm typing it :p )

There was this woman on an interfaith forum I used to go on. Her username was quiet strange, something like DameStraj..<- really, can't remember the rest. But anyways, she hung out a lot on "our side"- or the Women in Islam side. *I mean if you want, you can go to www.beliefnet.com, click on islamic discussions, find women in islam, press search by name...and you'll get her posts....so you'll see that i'm not making this up!

Anyways, she was Non-Muslim. In fact, she was a believer in the ancient Greek gods, so for me it was pretty interesting when i found out that she loved hijaab and wore it- in fact, the more we talked to her, the more her views seemed islamic...but she didn't seem to know it....

a year later, i was on the internet and i saw a "reversion story". I absolutely love these stories :wub: so i went to read it- it was about Dame! and it was the very same woman since she mentioned the forum beliefnet! OMG.. :omg:

you know what she said?

The she had stopped finding comfort in the greek gods and that one day.......her little boy (and i'm talking about very little- a very young ONE!) said .........


Allah!


just like that!! :omg: :applaud: :thumbs_up


and when he said it, she knew it was no coincidence, so she reverted- and alhamdillah, i believe her husband did too! :applaud: :) :love:


* i could try and find the exact link if anybody wants to know...........*


:w:

wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

wow subhanallah! :applaud:
Reply

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-12-2005, 03:07 PM
:sl:

Mashallah great story. :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
Reply

Dark Side
06-12-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by zAk
:sl:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,
interesting...........but........again ....dunno if its a true one :-\
When I read it I took the story to be an allegory of the the scientists views. The author clearly stated that the cat wasn't real, leaving there to be no chance whatsoever that the cat could have written it in the first place. So the point is that how can scientists expect people to believe that the universe was created by accident if you cannot believe that a cat typed those words and printed them.
Reply

Batoota
06-12-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by IslamicBrother
Allahu Akhbar! No words to express how elated i am by reading your story! MashaAllah.
:sl:

OH! that didn't happen to me though- just in case you misunderstood. I mean it was my story in the sense that i had really met Dame and talked to her- but I'm not Dame..:confused:

*just wanted to make sure that was clear!


:D


:w:
Reply

Muezzin
06-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Dark Side
When I read it I took the story to be an allegory of the the scientists views. The author clearly stated that the cat wasn't real, leaving there to be no chance whatsoever that the cat could have written it in the first place. So the point is that how can scientists expect people to believe that the universe was created by accident if you cannot believe that a cat typed those words and printed them.
:sl:
Aah, that makes more sense. As an allegory it's sound. If you take it literally it's a bit... unbelievable really. In a bad way.
Reply

Pinkrose
06-12-2005, 05:58 PM
:sl:

Wow!! subhanallah! great story!!! :D :applaud:

:w:
Reply

IslamicBrother
06-12-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by Batoota
:sl:

OH! that didn't happen to me though- just in case you misunderstood. I mean it was my story in the sense that i had really met Dame and talked to her- but I'm not Dame..:confused:

*just wanted to make sure that was clear!


:D


:w:
:w:

lol sis batoota. No i know it was sister Dame. But since you narrated her incident i said it was your story. Sorry if it sounded like it was your story. :)
Reply

BlissfullyJaded
06-12-2005, 08:10 PM
:sl:

Trust me sis...we all know you're not Dame. ;D

SubhanAllah, that was an amazing story. :applaud: :thumbs_up Jazakallah khair sis!
Reply

Muhammad
06-13-2005, 12:12 PM
:sl:

Masha'Allaah that story was a great read...also the comments below it show how it has strengthened other new muslims like her. Subhan'Allaah!
Reply

Ataraxis
06-14-2005, 03:35 AM
:sl:
Strange, yet interesting. But, I don't think it's totally true...I doubt a cat could write/type that on accident, and then *accidently* type it as well. :) I agree w/ Muhammed..it has a good analogy. ;)
Reply

Ataraxis
06-14-2005, 03:38 AM
Originally Posted by Dark Side
When I read it I took the story to be an allegory of the the scientists views. The author clearly stated that the cat wasn't real, leaving there to be no chance whatsoever that the cat could have written it in the first place. So the point is that how can scientists expect people to believe that the universe was created by accident if you cannot believe that a cat typed those words and printed them.
:sl:
Gotcha.. :) :eek:
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 02:16 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-07-2009, 07:15 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-22-2008, 12:06 AM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-19-2008, 12:26 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-18-2005, 01:33 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!