PDA

View Full Version : Experiences when visiting Saudia Arabia



Kamilah
09-12-2006, 06:39 PM
:sl:

(there may already be a thread on this, so apologies in advance if one already exists)

There is so much speculation and controversy going in the western world around Muslim womens rights in Saudia i.e womens rights to vote and drive etc
and lately there are books continuously being published about Arab women being victimised and being stripped of their rights as women,

from my experiences, women live the high life over there! it's great!
they get v.i.p treatment if anything.

when there is a line of men queuing up for food, and if a women comes along, straight away we get to jump the queue and we are served first..:happy:

when a women wants to go to a shop, the men literally stop their cars there and then and park right outside the shop....:happy:

loool, and in saudia, men do the iroining....! :happy:

now.... how many kuffar countries have we seen this in?

and they say our women are opressed...:rollseyes
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Jayda
09-12-2006, 06:44 PM
are people who are not muslims allowed to go to saudi arabia or to mecca?
Reply

- Qatada -
09-12-2006, 06:50 PM
Hi jayda.


Disbelievers or non muslims aren't allowed to enter the two sacred cities of Makkah and Medinah within arabia.


Sacred precincts of Makkah and Madinah (Haram Makkah wa Madinah)
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/law/fiqh...h/fus5_75.html


Allaah Almighty knows best.


Peace.
Reply

S_87
09-12-2006, 07:38 PM
:sl:

while many things can be rumors saudi arabia shouldnt be looked at wth rose tinted glasses. a holiday or going for Hajj or umrah as in this case is very different to actually living there...
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Ghazi
09-12-2006, 07:44 PM
:sl:

I'd move there tommorow sadly the goverment seem to put my nationality before my religion and as a believer I have every right to live in the two holy cities but sadly this isn't the case for the goverment.
Reply

Fishman
09-12-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by islam-truth
:sl:

I'd move there tommorow sadly the goverment seem to put my nationality before my religion and as a believer I have every right to live in the two holy cities but sadly this isn't the case for the goverment.
:sl:
I agree, I hope for the day when the House of Saud is overthrown by Muslims who don't want corruption any more.
:w:
Reply

Kamilah
09-12-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by islam-truth
:sl:

I'd move there tommorow sadly the goverment seem to put my nationality before my religion and as a believer I have every right to live in the two holy cities but sadly this isn't the case for the goverment.
:sl:

I think many many Muslims would like to move there, but you have to look at the reasoning behind it, if they allowed anyone and everyone into the two holy cities.. would it still preserve it's holiness?? more people would mean more fitnah... the cities surrounding them are an example of what may have come of it.

It's unfair to say that they reject anyone based on their nationality (although they do in most instances.) but there are avenues in which people can emigrate there, depending whether they are of use to the country...
..ie doctors, nurses, engineers, etc

few weeks backs I was flicking through the Nursing times magazine and I noticed a nursing post for a hospital in Madinah being advertised.
Reply

Ghazi
09-12-2006, 08:32 PM
:sl:

would it still preserve it's holiness
Yes it would if a muslim is considering Hijra it shows a good level of iman and even if a billion Jahil muslims went there it'd still be holy.

It's unfair to say that they reject anyone based on their nationality
No it's not it's the truth I'll stop saying it when they stop doing it they seem to think they own the land for some strange reason last time I checked it belonged to allah^o)

but there are avenues in which people can emigrate there, depending whether they are of use to the country...
..ie doctors, nurses, engineers, etc
But this is the irony in the whole situation they'd be happy to let someone live there aslong as they're getting something in return, but hold on wouldn't muslims who want to live there work as well dum,dum,dum!
Reply

Kamilah
09-12-2006, 08:36 PM
But this is the irony in the whole situation they'd be happy to let someone live there aslong as they're getting something in return, but hold on wouldn't muslims who want to live there work as well dum,dum,dum!
I thought most countries did that?
Reply

Ghazi
09-12-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Kamilah
I thought most countries did that?
:sl:

Yep, But that's not the point even if a muslim wasn't able to benifit the society that muslim has a right to live in the two holy cities, I prey allah either guides the saudi Goverment or may his wrath be on them.
Reply

Fishman
09-12-2006, 08:41 PM
:sl:
Besides, Makkah is supposed to be a place of saftey and refuge for Muslims, we should be allowed in at times like these.
:w:
Reply

Ghazi
09-12-2006, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Fishman
:sl:
Besides, Makkah is supposed to be a place of saftey and refuge for Muslims, we should be allowed in at times like these.
:w:
True funny how people who arn't exactly known for their relgious devotion are dictating things in the holy cities and wasting the blessing which has been bestowed on suadia arabia(Oil), man I smell a revolution :giggling:
Reply

Fishman
09-12-2006, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by islam-truth
True funny how people who arn't exactly known for their relgious devotion are dictating things in the holy cities and wasting the blessing which has been bestowed on suadia arabia(Oil), man I smell a revolution :giggling:
:sl:
Oil isn't a blessing for the Muslims of Sudan who have to cope with more and more dry months every year thanks to the CO2 that the people who burn oil produce...
:w:
Reply

Umm Yoosuf
09-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Kamilah
:sl:

(there may already be a thread on this, so apologies in advance if one already exists)

There is so much speculation and controversy going in the western world around Muslim womens rights in Saudia i.e womens rights to vote and drive etc
and lately there are books continuously being published about Arab women being victimised and being stripped of their rights as women,

from my experiences, women live the high life over there! it's great!
they get v.i.p treatment if anything.

when there is a line of men queuing up for food, and if a women comes along, straight away we get to jump the queue and we are served first..:happy:

when a women wants to go to a shop, the men literally stop their cars there and then and park right outside the shop....:happy:

loool, and in saudia, men do the iroining....! :happy:

now.... how many kuffar countries have we seen this in?

and they say our women are opressed...:rollseyes
:w:


Yes Masha Allah I have heard all the rights women recive in Saudi. Insha Allah one day I'll be able to experience it.
Reply

Jayda
09-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
Hi jayda.


Disbelievers or non muslims aren't allowed to enter the two sacred cities of Makkah and Medinah within arabia.


Sacred precincts of Makkah and Madinah (Haram Makkah wa Madinah)
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/law/fiqh...h/fus5_75.html


Allaah Almighty knows best.


Peace.
if you do not mind my question... why not? christians are allowed to go into the dome of the rock...
Reply

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-12-2006, 08:54 PM
:sl:

A reminder Inshallah - No matter how bad people are, lets not backbite upon them Inshallah as that is a greater sin then what they are doing perhaps. Jazakallah Khair.

:w:
Reply

Ghazi
09-12-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Ähmed
:sl:

A reminder Inshallah - No matter how bad people are, lets not backbite upon them Inshallah as that is a greater sin then what they are doing perhaps. Jazakallah Khair.

:w:
True But I wasn't backbiting I kept it in Genral it's backbiting when I mention people by name which I could if that was my intention.
Reply

S_87
09-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Jayda
if you do not mind my question... why not? christians are allowed to go into the dome of the rock...
Sure because

O you who believe (in Allahs Oneness and in His Messenger (Muhammad SAW)! Verily, the Mushrikoon (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah, and in the Message of Muhammad SAW) are Najasun (impure). So let them not come near Al-masjid-al-Haram (at Makkah) after this year, and if you fear poverty, Allah will enrich you if He will, out of His Bounty. Surely, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise.
9:28

and the Prophet Muhammed :arabic5: final orders were to expel the jews and christians from Arabia. scholars have differed as to whether it means the whole of arabia or just means the Hijaz area
Reply

- Qatada -
09-13-2006, 06:33 PM
Jayda, also realise - the same way the US, UK, Europe etc. allow people into their nation only with a visa, the same way islam allows a person to enter the sacred cities by reciting Laa illaaha illAllaah Muhammadur Rasulullah (there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, Muhammad [peace be upon him] is the Messenger of Allaah) from their heart.


So infact, islamically - it's easier to enter the sacred cities than getting a visa to countries in the west.


Allaah Almighty knows best.


Peace.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-03-2012, 12:33 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-10-2011, 09:18 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-2007, 03:15 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-02-2005, 03:16 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!