/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are we alowed to kill Flies?

DAWUD_adnan
09-12-2006, 09:13 PM
yes, im looking at this fly who's been on my monitor for ages now, so are we alowed ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DAWUD_adnan
09-12-2006, 09:17 PM
no one?

Mawaddah
09-12-2006, 09:31 PM
There's nothing that says we cannot kill them.

We've only been forbidden from killing frogs, ants, bees

Jayda
09-12-2006, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah

really? why?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hamzaa
09-12-2006, 09:39 PM

:salamext: any links to ahadith etc? thought it was hoopee birds, ants, bees and something else...?

Mawaddah
09-12-2006, 09:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hamzaa
:salamext: any links to ahadith etc? thought it was hoopee birds, ants, bees and something else...?
Theres a hadeeth in which some Sahaabis asked Rasulullah about killing frogs and he forbade them

‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn ‘Uthmaan (may Allaah be pleased with him), said that a doctor asked the Prophet sallallahu alaihi wa sallam about using frogs in medicine, and the Prophet forbade killing them. It's by Abu Daawood.

hamzaa
09-12-2006, 09:48 PM
:salamext:

jazakallah khair sis, i'll find out inshallah.

Malaikah
09-12-2006, 09:51 PM
:sl:

now this is news to me! :eek: can someone provide the actual hadiths?

*charisma*
09-12-2006, 10:06 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Is it bothering you??

Unless there is a valid purpose (it is keeping you from your religious duties, or bringing harm upon you) why would you kill it? Is it also not a creation by the power of Allah and serving a purpose just as you are?

There is not an animal (that lives) on the earth, nor a being that flies on its wings, but (forms part of) communities like you. Nothing have we omitted from the Book, and they (all) shall be gathered to their Lord in the end. -6:38

Also:

Al-Bukhari and Muslim narrated from the report of `A’ishah that the Messenger, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

“Five creatures, all harmful, can be killed in the Haram [Sanctuary of Makkah]: the crow, the kite, the scorpion, the mouse and the dog that bites [people without being provoked]”.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

amirah_87
09-12-2006, 10:15 PM

As salaamu alaykum,

Mawaddah, Sheikhana Muqbil Allah Yarhamhuu gave fatwaa once about the ants destroying the houses of the tullaab ilm, they would dig tunnels and tunnels and nest in the houses (mud houses) so he said if they're harming your residence it is allowed to kill them..

Wallaahu a3lam!!

Mawaddah
09-12-2006, 10:49 PM
^ Yea if there's a reason princess!! If there's a reason like if they are causing annoyance or harming you then laa ba's insha'allah, but just to kill them for the sake of killing them then it's not allowed Wallahu a3lam.

DigitalStorm82
09-13-2006, 01:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Al-Bukhari and Muslim narrated from the report of `A’ishah that the Messenger, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

“Five creatures, all harmful, can be killed in the Haram [Sanctuary of Makkah]: the crow, the kite, the scorpion, the mouse and the dog that bites [people without being provoked]”.
I thought we were not allowed to kill spiders either... however, we shouldn't be killing any of the creatures... except for the ones we eat of course... and those mentioned in the above hadith.

Usually when we find a bug or creature in the masjid... we capture it and release it into the backyard of the masjid.

But in reality... if I see a mosquito in my room and bite marks on my body.. I will kill it. lol

Fishman
09-13-2006, 06:43 PM
I only kill flies, as they spread disease and I have an extreme phobia of craneflies. I have a phobia of moths and butterflies but I don't kill them. I don't kill those tiny flies either, just craneflies, mosquitos and the ones that lay eggs in your kitchen after sicking up on cow pats all day.
:w:

DAWUD_adnan
09-13-2006, 07:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

Is it bothering you??

Unless there is a valid purpose (it is keeping you from your religious duties, or bringing harm upon you) why would you kill it? Is it also not a creation by the power of Allah and serving a purpose just as you are?

There is not an animal (that lives) on the earth, nor a being that flies on its wings, but (forms part of) communities like you. Nothing have we omitted from the Book, and they (all) shall be gathered to their Lord in the end. -6:38

Also:

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
ow lucky i didnt kill it ! but inshaAllah Allah will forgive em for those whom i have killed before, it just that im afraid about the disease they may spread...

Snowflake
09-13-2006, 07:46 PM

What's a kite? :confused:

p.s No jokes abt Kites plz..... :rollseyes

Mawaddah
09-13-2006, 07:48 PM
^ It's a type of bird sis,......something like a hawk

and I am so tempted at making a joke :p

[joking]

Snowflake
09-13-2006, 07:53 PM
^Hehe I knew it'd be hard to resist, hence the warning! ;)

But I must say that real kites are just as dangerous! :embarrass:

p.s I didn't joke..so that's ok lol :p

amirah_87
09-14-2006, 10:05 AM
^ Yea if there's a reason princess!! If there's a reason like if they are causing annoyance or harming you then laa ba's insha'allah, but just to kill them for the sake of killing them then it's not allowed Wallahu a3lam.
As salaamu alaykum,

Yeah agreed!! :)

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-17-2006, 06:27 PM
we aint alowed 2 kil spiderz aswel cuz dey helpd our prophet (saws) or sumfin
not alowed 2 kil ants.. what if we acidentli tread on dem :rollseyes

Al-Hanbali
09-17-2006, 06:35 PM

Inshallah Allah will forgive us as we obviously didnt do it intentionally.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.