/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Addiction is Haram correct?

therebbe
09-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Is addiction to an activity Haram?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-12-2006, 11:15 PM
I guess it depends what your addicted to. To an extent where you neglect prayers or any religious duty on purpose, then I would thinkso.

therebbe
09-12-2006, 11:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
I guess it depends what your addicted to. To an extent where you neglect prayers or any religious duty on purpose, then I would thinkso.
I was just wondering because some people seem to be addicted to this forum. lol :p

But it is Islamic so it is Halal for you all then, correct? :) :D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-12-2006, 11:22 PM
LOL yea it is addicting....but if u purposely miss prayers than people should come here less :D
It is Islamic as long as its general talk....discussion on topics etc :)
So is that why u asked? LOL..funni

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
therebbe
09-12-2006, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
LOL yea it is addicting....but if u purposely miss prayers than people should come here less :D
It is Islamic as long as its general talk....discussion on topics etc :)
So is that why u asked? LOL..funni
No, I asked just for information because addiction to anything other than Judaism is frowned upon in my community to.

I seem to be addicted to discussion. :p

Samee
09-12-2006, 11:41 PM
:sl:

Addiction in itself is not haraam. As with many other things, it is the things you do with the act that makes it haraam. A man can be addicted to making dhikr of Allah- is this man on the wrong path? No. Similarly a man may be addicted to women. This man is clearly on the wrong path.

Never classify a category as haraam, for the subcategories is what makes things unlawful.

:w:

therebbe
09-12-2006, 11:45 PM
Never classify a category as haraam, for the subcategories is what makes things unlawful.
Makes sense.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.