/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Irwin fans take 'revenge' on stingrays

Ghazi
09-13-2006, 06:56 PM
:sl:

Experts fear Steve Irwin fans are launching 'revenge' attacks for his death after several stingrays were found dead.

At least 10 of the sea creatures, one of which killed the television "crocodile hunter", have been discovered dead on beaches in Australia in the past week.

Michael Hornby worked with naturalist Irwin at his conservation group Wildlife Warriors. He said he was concerned people were hunting the animals in retaliation.

"It may be some sort of retribution, or it may be fear from certain individuals, or it just may be yet another callous act toward wildlife," he commented. "We're disgusted and disappointed that people would take this sort of action to hurt wildlife."

The animals are usually not aggressive and one killed Irwin with a sting to the chest when he disturbed it by mistake. Hornby said killing wildlife was "not what Steve was about". He added that "there is still no need to... kill or mutilate these important animals".

Source-http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds36989.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mawaddah
09-13-2006, 07:11 PM
Strange, I was kinda expecting some of those fanatics to do something like this.

wilberhum
09-13-2006, 08:16 PM
Don't we always blame everyone in a group for what one of the group does?

Ghazi
09-13-2006, 08:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Don't we always blame everyone in a group for what one of the group does?

This isn't the world-Affairs section :giggling: And that comparison isn't the same and isn't fair.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wilberhum
09-13-2006, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

This isn't the world-Affairs section :giggling: And that comparison isn't the same and isn't fair.
Why isn't if fair? Do you think we would treate animales better than people.

Ghazi
09-13-2006, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Why isn't if fair? Do you think we would treate animales better than people.
Huh? You lost me with the last part, last time I checked 'Steve Irwin' Wasn't an ideology which people followed so thats why I said it isn't the same and fair.

sameer
09-13-2006, 08:24 PM
Irwinism?

besides...by killing the sting rays, they would be going against what Irwin stood for.

hmm already they are trying to change th teaching of Irwinism.

wilberhum
09-13-2006, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Huh? You lost me with the last part, last time I checked 'Steve Irwin' Wasn't an ideology which people followed so thats why I said it isn't the same and fair.
I think there is an Irwin Ideology. :D Love animals! So what these people are doing in anti-Irwinism. :hiding: :hiding:

Fishman
09-13-2006, 08:33 PM
Actually it's more about poking animals a bit and saying 'in't she a beauty?'.
:w:

lolwatever
09-13-2006, 08:35 PM
^ lol.. that's so lame tho :X

Keltoi
09-13-2006, 09:01 PM
Well, the animal that killed Irwin was a "stingray", not a "loveray", or "kissray". It shouldn't be a surprise that one of these animals didn't appreciate some guy rubbing on it. Taking revenge on stingrays because one of them stung a guy who was messing with it is ignorant to say the least.

~Stranger~
09-13-2006, 09:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Actually it's more about poking animals a bit and saying 'in't she a beauty?'.
aww i loved when he does that........ hes like "this is one of the most poisonous SNAKES in the world and can kill 100 men like me, init she a beauty"

im like "!!!! ^o) - no she's not actually"

fatima_01
09-13-2006, 09:54 PM
blimey man stupid ppl takin revenge on a freakin FISH:p

amirah_87
09-13-2006, 10:02 PM
As salaamu alaykum,

Lol.. I find it pretty hilarious, they're killing off those fishes!! ( no i'm not sick in the head :D)..

Lol a proper fan reaction!! ;D

Ubaidah
09-13-2006, 11:43 PM
Yes. The stingray who happened to kill Irwin was part an interspecies plot to end his life. And I bet those Aussies showed them who is who by cracking back on them..:okay:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.