/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nearly Sold Islam for 20p

youngsister
09-13-2006, 07:10 PM
No words to describe this poem...Just read it

Habib Ali Al-Jiffry, related a very interesting true story, a story that could happen to us at anytime.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Habib Ali told the story of a new North London imam. The imam boarded a bus one day. He paid his fare and realised, upon returning to his seat that the driver had given him 20p extra.

For a long moment, the imam deliberated whether he should return the 20p or if he should pocket it.

In the end he decided to approach the driver with the intention to return the 20p.

The driver smiled broadly at him and said, 'Are you the imam of that new mosque? I've been searching for a religion to fill the void in my life. I decided to test you by giving you too much change, to see what you would do.'

At this point, the imam almost fainted. It dawned on him that had he not approached the driver, he would have sold Islam off for 20p.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
09-13-2006, 07:14 PM
:sl:

I like the message behind it but the imam wouldn't be held accountable for the guy not imbracing islam if he took the 20p, he'd be held accountable for theft!

The Ruler
09-13-2006, 08:45 PM
:sl:

hmm...nyc story...wondrif it relly eva happend ta sum1...:hmm:

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.