/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Saddam Hussien trial....your thoughts.

Mezier
09-15-2006, 01:27 AM
Wanted to know your thoughts on it.

I personally think that death by hanging the only way to go. He has caused villiany in the land and looks like hes not even a tad bit sorry.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
09-15-2006, 10:38 AM
I personally think it's a joke. What's the point of this illusion of a fair trial if all anyone wants is for him to die? Don't get me wrong, I don't like Saddam, I'm just saying why waste time with this farce of a trial when you can just drop him on the streets of Baghdad and let nature (and an angry mob) take its course?

Still, Saddam's antics make for entertaining reading. I only wonder why they bothered to sit him in a courtroom in the first place.

Ghazi
09-15-2006, 10:56 AM
:sl:

Man just hang the dude already.

sameer
09-15-2006, 01:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I personally think it's a joke. What's the point of this illusion of a fair trial if all anyone wants is for him to die? Don't get me wrong, I don't like Saddam, I'm just saying why waste time with this farce of a trial when you can just drop him on the streets of Baghdad and let nature (and an angry mob) take its course?

Still, Saddam's antics make for entertaining reading. I only wonder why they bothered to sit him in a courtroom in the first place.
Im not a supporter of Saddam, but i wonder if they drop him in the streets if the ppl will kill him?? or would they reflect if their life was better under him? I'm sure he still has supporters.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wilberhum
09-15-2006, 04:53 PM
Some complain when some go on trial. Some complain when some don't go on trial. Some will never be happy.

Ghazi
09-15-2006, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Some complain when some go on trial. Some complain when some don't go on trial. Some will never be happy.

But you cant compare this to gauntanamo.

wilberhum
09-15-2006, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

But you cant compare this to gauntanamo.
Why not, it is just the opposent side of the coin.

Ghazi
09-15-2006, 05:31 PM
He can have a trail I'm just saying there's no need to drag it out this long, also I believe 100% that he's guilty just look at what happened when he was ousted, they didn't exactly kiss his statue did they, but let me ask you this has the US got any hard hitting evidence to suggest that the gauntanmo inmates are guilty if so lets see or let them go.

wilberhum
09-15-2006, 05:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
He can have a trail I'm just saying there's no need to drag it out this long, also I believe 100% that he's guilty just look at what happened when he was ousted, they didn't exactly kiss his statue did they, but let me ask you this has the US got any hard hitting evidence to suggest that the gauntanmo inmates are guilty if so lets see or let them go.
I have always concidered Gauntanmo a miscarrage of justice and have said so many times. :hiding: :hiding:

Al-Zaara
09-15-2006, 07:01 PM

Oh well, let him rotten in prison.

I've always been against killing, don't like that very much, though if in defense then I understand...
But right now, he can't do anything, and to take him to prison forever until he dies there, would seem like a good solution to me.

Let him wait for death... And fear it, for it won't be pleasent for him.
May Allah (swt) punish him for all evil that has been done by him and may Allah (swt) bring justice.

Keltoi
09-15-2006, 08:47 PM
The problem with the Saddam trial is that it is being done by an Iraqi court which has been created by a new Iraqi government. On the surface that seems great, but when you ponder the concept of a "fair trial" this hardly looks like it is being conducted fairly. I know that the world court takes forever and the defendant will probably die before he is sentenced, but for the sake of fairness(in the eyes of the world), perhaps Saddam should have been handed over to an international criminal court.

Fishman
09-15-2006, 08:50 PM
Exactly. A genocidal criminal gets a 'free trial', whilst some guys who went to Afganistan by accident get locked up and tortured for years.

wilberhum
09-15-2006, 08:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Exactly. A genocidal criminal gets a 'free trial', whilst some guys who went to Afganistan by accident get locked up and tortured for years.
Which of the guys who went to Afganistan by accident get locked up and tortured for years? You seam to have information that the rest of the world doesn't have. Most of the names have not been released. I give no defense for what is going on at Guantanamo, but that is no bases for making baseless accusations.

Woodrow
09-15-2006, 09:01 PM
This is an example of why us humans can not judge fairly.

No matter what we personaly feel about Saddam or what we believe he deserves. He did not get an impartial fair trial. He was condemned before he ever entered the court room.

Perhaps he is getting what he deserves, perhaps this is the best choice. But, we can not call it a fair trial. Virtually everybody had a pre-conceived idea of his guilt or innocent. The trial only shows that most people believe he is guilty.

Fishman
09-15-2006, 09:02 PM
Which of the guys who went to Afganistan by accident get locked up and tortured for years? You seam to have information that the rest of the world doesn't have. Most of the names have not been released. I give no defense for what is going on at Guantanamo, but that is no bases for making baseless accusations.
Didn't the Tipton Three go to Pakistan and stray across the border by accident?

Ghazi
09-15-2006, 09:04 PM

They figured out the dudes they were with were fighting jihad they turned around and headed back to Pakistan but got captured.

wilberhum
09-15-2006, 09:05 PM
That's what they say. They may be honest, they might not be. That's why there should be trials.

Meanwhile, back at the trial of Saddam Hussien...........

doodlebug
09-15-2006, 11:01 PM
I hate the death penalty.

I think he should live the rest of his life in a tiny cell with pictures covering every inch of the walls and ceilings of the victims of his torture tactics. Also pipe in the sounds of their screaming 24/7 so that he never doesn't hear it.

Then Allah can judge him once he's dead.

wilberhum
09-15-2006, 11:03 PM
I think he should live the rest of his life in a tiny cell with pictures covering every inch of the walls and ceilings of the victims of his torture tactics
I think he would enjoy the pictures.

Mezier
09-16-2006, 04:07 AM
If they dropped him in the streets he would beg for death. Atleast thats how it would be if they dropped him on kurdish streets (im a kurd).

This man doesnt need a trial. He has MURDERED, isnt that the death penalty under islamic law?

Al-Zaara
09-16-2006, 04:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by doodlebug
I hate the death penalty.

I think he should live the rest of his life in a tiny cell with pictures covering every inch of the walls and ceilings of the victims of his torture tactics. Also pipe in the sounds of their screaming 24/7 so that he never doesn't hear it.

Then Allah can judge him once he's dead.
Exactly what I said too! :)
I'm glad someone agrees with me.

Allah (swt) is the best of judges. May He judge Saddam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.