/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What's the price of Gas where YOU Live?

Dahir
09-15-2006, 09:00 PM
At school the other week, I went to lunch at a local fast food joint with some friends, and next to it was a gas station -- I looked up and I noticed that gas had dropped from $2.85 to $2.28!! I was completely took away by this drop, just jaw-dropping. Today, as I was eating, one of my friends pointed at a sign at the same gas station, and gas was $2.17!!

This is the best thing to happen to drivers since the invention of the seat belt -- or at least since President Bush was in power.

My only question is -- where is this gas coming from? It can't be the new oil depots found in the Gulf -- I live in Minnesota -- we get our oil from Canada!!

Now I got to thinking that maybe strange shifts are going on in Minnesota and much of the North, I'm wondering if people across the country or around the world are experiencing any shifts in fuel prices.

So, with that, what does gas cost where YOU live? And if you can give per-barrel costs of oil, that would also be a plus. If you have non-Dollar currency, use a converter and insert the price in $USD$ amounts.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fishman
09-15-2006, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
At school the other week, I went to lunch at a local fast food joint with some friends, and next to it was a gas station -- I looked up and I noticed that gas had dropped from $2.85 to $2.28!! I was completely took away by this drop, just jaw-dropping. Today, as I was eating, one of my friends pointed at a sign at the same gas station, and gas was $2.17!!

This is the best thing to happen to drivers since the invention of the seat belt -- or at least since President Bush was in power.

My only question is -- where is this gas coming from? It can't be the new oil depots found in the Gulf -- I live in Minnesota -- we get our oil from Canada!!

Now I got to thinking that maybe strange shifts are going on in Minnesota and much of the North, I'm wondering if people across the country or around the world are experiencing any shifts in fuel prices.

So, with that, what does gas cost where YOU live? And if you can give per-barrel costs of oil, that would also be a plus. If you have non-Dollar currency, use a converter and insert the price in $USD$ amounts.
:sl:
Oil should be banned. If something isn't done, you can say bye-bye to Venice, New York, Bangladesh, the Maldives, London, the Netherlands, San Francisco...

Oh yeah, I forgot that thanks to the previous generation's abuse of the world, I will probably not be able to go on Hajj. No more plane fuel.
:w:

Woodrow
09-15-2006, 09:17 PM
Actually I am kind of saddened over this. this is something the major oil companies have been talking about, that mid eastern oil was not cheap oil. The cost of transportating it actually raised it to being the most expensive world wide. Now, that it has becoming almost a necessity to utilise domestic sources the oil companies are realising the domestic is much cheaper and the supplies are much larger than what was believed.

From what I have been reading in various petro-industry magazines it was anticipated that the Mid-East oil reserves would be depleted in 5 to 10 years. Now the oil companies are discovering there had always been cheaper sources.

The problem now will be what will happen to the mid-east economy? Most of the nations primary income is the sale of oil. Most mid eastern nations need the oil sale revenue to import the even basic necessities of life.

Fishman
09-15-2006, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
The problem now will be what will happen to the mid-east economy? Most of the nations primary income is the sale of oil. Most mid eastern nations need the oil sale revenue to import the even basic necessities of life.
If nothing is done about global warming then people won't even be able to live in the Middle East anymore. Too hot and too dry.
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Makky
09-15-2006, 09:28 PM
I think i'll be the only one who voted $0.99 or less ... !!!EGYPT!!!

Dahir
09-15-2006, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bin saladin
So lucky! I had a friend who just came back from Egypt (Sept. 9), I guess gas was reason enough to go.

:D

doodlebug
09-15-2006, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bin saladin
nuh uh!!!!

Can I take some as a souvenier when I go there in December??:D

I R Paki
09-15-2006, 11:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doodlebug
nuh uh!!!!

Can I take some as a souvenier when I go there in December??:D
Trust me, you dont want to go there.
As for Fishman, you can always walk:D

doodlebug
09-15-2006, 11:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by I R Paki
Trust me, you dont want to go there.
:? :? :?

It's a country full of rich history and beautiful people. I can't wait to go there!

I R Paki
09-15-2006, 11:10 PM
:? :? :?

It's a country full of rich history and beautiful people. I can't wait to go there!
I went 2 weeks ago, Im sure I went to the places you are thinking of going to, such as:
-Islamic Cairo
-Cairos Mosques(Hussein, Shafi Mosque/Shrines etc)
-Pyramids
-Its many many museums, etc.

Rich history, I agree. But unless you pay a specefic amount of money to a tour group, to take you to these certian places you shall be fine. If you are allowed, unaccompanied by a male, things can lead to problems. Trust me, Ive been and read several tourist guides on Egypt. Beautiful people, nah, I dont think so. Everyone is after your money, you are American, you have an American accent, they will notice it from miles and start overcharging massivly, usually 200% the actual price. A majority of people are scam merchants. I wouldnt suggest Egypt unless you go through a reptable holiday tour group which provides transport, food and absolutly everything alongside with it. You see, I went to live with these "beautiful people" and whether your muslim or not, doesnt seem to matter to them. To them, its all about money and they have no Imman whatsoever. Please rethink your visit. Of course, if you have relatives, or people that have visited Egpyt before and are coming with you, I would seroiusly recommend it.

I R Paki
09-15-2006, 11:24 PM
Sorry for the mistakes, this keyboard is terrible.[MAD][/MAD]

doodlebug
09-16-2006, 12:42 AM
Well I respectively disagree on the beautiful people part. I am going there and my hubby to be and all of his relatives are eagerly awaiting my arrival. As far as an expensive tourguide...well I don't know about expensive since he doesn't like to talk about my spending any of my money at all ..but he'll be the best tour guide I would ever hope for.

And as far as an Iman I disagree his is wonderful. :)

*Hana*
09-16-2006, 01:31 AM
Salam Alaikum:

I voted .99 cents, but that's per litre....not sure what it equals for a gallon.

Hmmm, sis Doodlebug, I've been to Egypt twice and I had a WONDERFUL experience!!!! The people were nothing short of incredible! Complete strangers would come up to us on the street and ask how we were enjoying Egypt. Travelling alone, without a male, is absolutely NO PROBLEM whatsoever!! Yes, there are plenty of people who will ask for money and even try to charge you outrages prices, by Egyptian standards, for things, but all they can do is ask, you don't have to pay. I certainly didn't. There are also tourist police everywhere and they will help you know the prices of things. You'll have no problem with that as your hubby to be is Egyptian and he'll know best anyway.

But, I will warn you of one thing.....they LOVE to feed you and feed you and when you think you can't possibly have another thing....they will feed you some more. :giggling:

The people in the airport, all males, were very, very helpful and extremely kind. Wallahi, sister, I found nothing but warm, kind, gentle, caring people and I was a Christian then. They even offered to take me to the church so I could pray!!

The only advice I would give, is if you do venture out alone, which in my opinion is very safe based on my experience, and you want to take a taxi or purchase things, is ask one of the tourist police to help if you're unsure. But, your hubby to be will advice you of prices anyway.

You go without a worry and have a WONDERFUL trip....you'll love it!!!! :D

Wasalam,
Hana

*noor
09-16-2006, 01:35 AM
Here in NYC, the gas price is about $3.36 per gallon of regular gas, thats the cheapest one!!!

brainiac
09-16-2006, 01:57 AM
$2.55 a U.S. gallon. Philadelphia, Pa. U.S.A.

doodlebug
09-16-2006, 02:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *noor
Here in NYC, the gas price is about $3.36 per gallon of regular gas, thats the cheapest one!!!
Isn't there only like 1 gas station in Manhattan? I was there in July and I didn't even see the one! :)

That's sooo expensive for there though! It must be a LOT lower once you leave the island.

Woodrow
09-16-2006, 03:29 AM
Here in Austin it dropped to $2.45 a gallon today. Yesterday it was $2.87 Austin always seems to be higher than the rest of Texas.

Dahir
09-16-2006, 03:57 AM
Here in Austin it dropped to $2.45 a gallon today. Yesterday it was $2.87 Austin always seems to be higher than the rest of Texas.
A 40-cent drop in a DAY! Wow! I can only imagine that gas will become by monday when I go back to that gas station...:uuh:

Back to the $1 era?

Hmmm...:uuh:

*noor
09-16-2006, 04:02 AM
Isn't there only like 1 gas station in Manhattan? I was there in July and I didn't even see the one! :)

That's sooo expensive for there though! It must be a LOT lower once you leave the island.

lol
when i said NYC i meant the whole city in general, not just Manhattan.

and when i said the cheapest one, i meant the regular gas as opposed to the premium or the other more expensive one.

Keltoi
09-16-2006, 04:17 AM
$2.39 in Oklahoma. The price has been going down a little each week here.

I R Paki
09-16-2006, 09:18 AM
I am going there and my hubby to be and all of his relatives are eagerly awaiting my arrival.
I very much recommend you go then.

Woodrow
09-19-2006, 03:05 AM
Just came back from a trip to Dallas. In Austin and Dallas the lowest prices are now $2.25 while some of the towns in between are down to $2.15

north_malaysian
09-19-2006, 09:16 AM
The price is at RM 1.92 per litre. It's equals to USD 0.51. In Malaysia, the mineral water is more expensive than petrol.

Woodrow
09-19-2006, 09:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
The price is at RM 1.92 per litre. It's equals to USD 0.51. In Malaysia, the mineral water is more expensive than petrol.
If my figuring is correct that will come out to be about $1.80 USA per Gallon. About where we were 2 years ago.

north_malaysian
09-19-2006, 09:24 AM
If my figuring is correct that will come out to be about $1.80 USA per Gallon. About where we were 2 years ago.
per gallon? oopps... in Malaysia we used litres...:okay:

Umu 'Isa
09-19-2006, 11:14 AM
:salamext:
the fuel in western australia is AU$1.20 per litre.. not sure how much that is in US$

sameer
09-19-2006, 01:07 PM
Here in Trinidad its $0.42USD per liter.....i think thats about $1.68 per gallon.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-20-2006, 09:02 AM
LOL FISHMAN, what do u mean no plane fuel? I just didnt get that :? :?

Ninth_Scribe
09-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Gas prices are expected to plumet after Bush signed a bill that allowed his oil buddies to tap/drill the oil fields in Alaska and the Gulf of Mexico (at the expense of the environment, of course).

Ninth Scribe

Woodrow
09-20-2006, 06:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
Gas prices are expected to plumet after Bush signed a bill that allowed his oil buddies to tap/drill the oil fields in Alaska and the Gulf of Mexico (at the expense of the environment, of course).

Ninth Scribe
True it is at the cost of the Environment. But, since we use most of the world's oil, is it not fair that we pay the environmental price also. Overall tho it is a reduction in environmental damage. Every drop of oil produced here is that much less to present an at sea oil tanker mishap. The number of oil tankers now plying the seas is a colossol disaster waiting to happen.

The fringe benefit is it will result in lower gasoline prices, boost the economy and end dependance on foreign oil. Opec oil is too expensive and we can no longer afford to buy it. Plus our economy has reached the point where we need to keep more money in the US and rely less on imports.

If we can go just one day a Month without buying foreign oil that will keep 20 million barrels from crossing the oceans. It is not only hazardous, it is stupid to have 20 million barrels of oil coming into US ports every day. That means that at any moment, there is at least 140 million battels out on the open sea waiting to spill. It is stupid that we import oil, while our reserves are large enough that we should be a major exporter. Besides it is only going to be 5 to 10 years before the Mideast oil reserves are depleted and it will take us about 10 years to get into full production.

Ninth_Scribe
09-20-2006, 06:59 PM
If we can go just one day a Month without buying foreign oil that will keep 20 million barrels from crossing the oceans. It is not only hazardous, it is stupid to have 20 million barrels of oil coming into US ports every day.
Excellent point. I just get nervous about the Gulf of Mexico because it's not the most stable area and a part of me was hoping the pressure would be applied to alternative energy sources. I know the planet is nowhere near as "fragile" as some scientists seem to think, but I also know what the back-lash would be if we pushed it. Nature is quite capable of pushing back.

Ninth Scribe

Thanaa
09-20-2006, 07:02 PM
$1.82 I think.
But Im english, in England, and I think £0.99 is expensive per litre, lol!:D

Moon*Light
02-08-2008, 08:56 PM

Like a 1$ per litre.

al_islam
02-08-2008, 09:00 PM
I dont buy gas or pay in $.

Petrol prices here are over £1, around $2

truemuslim
05-26-2008, 04:32 AM
$3.79-ish

pshhh so not worth it :raging:

oh well i dunt have a car, nor do i drive so :)

Woodrow
05-31-2008, 04:01 PM
I have been seeing something I did not expect. In the past month I have been doing considerable traveling throughout Minnesota, South Dakota and North Dakota. Ethanol plants have been popping up faster then Texas Petroleum Refineries.

Ethanol based fuel is now considerably less then Petroleum based and drops almost daily.

85 octane ethananol can be found for $2.55 per galone and 85 octane petroleum based fuel is now over $4.00.

The sad part is I now see the farmers selling their grain crops for ethanol production instead of food production. The ethanol plants are paying about $5.00 per bushal for corn and the food producers are only offering $1.00 per bushal.

If the trend develops for ethanol production I can see an end to surplus food production and much higher food prices for those living outside the US and Canada as The US and Canada produce over 85% of the grain crops used by most of the world.

Ninth_Scribe
05-31-2008, 04:19 PM

All grades of gasoline are well over $4 at this Mobil station on Route 28 in Falmouth. Nationwide, the average price of a gallon of unleaded regular was $3.96 yesterday, according to AAA.

Gotta love Cape Cod :eek:

The Ninth Scribe

truemuslim
05-31-2008, 07:01 PM
^ OH my god! WoW
soon it'll be 5.00!

Na7lah
05-31-2008, 07:06 PM
the one closest to us is $2.75/gallon Oregon USA

Ninth_Scribe
05-31-2008, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
^ OH my god! WoW
soon it'll be 5.00!
Yes, it is a bit rediculous and it sunk this summers tourism industry - which is why I have all this time available to attend the forums. Between that and the H2b workers visa cap - the Cape Cod Business Community is a wash out. So I'm staying home, doing more gardening. At least the garden will help offset the price of food, which is climbing because of the price of gas.

The Ninth Scribe

Mikayeel
05-31-2008, 07:09 PM
well b gratefull, here a liter of petrol cost £1.10!!(bout $2.20) ONE LITER! ooh dear

:sL:

Güven
05-31-2008, 07:10 PM
WOW you gotta be kiddin me $4.15

here in holland its around €1.39

Btw €1,00 = $ 1.55 :D

truemuslim
05-31-2008, 07:11 PM
Yes, it is a bit rediculous and it sunk this summers tourism industry - which is why I have all this time available to attend the forums. Between that and the H2b workers visa cap - the Cape Cod Business Community is a wash out. So I'm staying home, doing more gardening. At least the garden will help offset the price of food, which is climbing because of the price of gas.

The Ninth Scribe
Wow mashallah, then stay on da forums! LOL
jokin
yeh everyone is goin less places because of this! They turnin people lazy!
lol
people are makin ther own fuel these days...they so desperate lol

truemuslim
05-31-2008, 07:13 PM
Wow guven and raOnar and muslimah421! its so cheap where u r!!
Lol

i need to move!

They blamin the Saudi's for this. they all "If they arabs would just let some more out then this wouldn't be happening" pshh

Ninth_Scribe
05-31-2008, 07:15 PM
Wow mashallah, then stay on da forums! LOL
jokin
yeh everyone is goin less places because of this! They turnin people lazy!
lol
people are makin ther own fuel these days...they so desperate lol
Yes, I pulled my home off the grid last year using an energy gizmo I developed back in 1982 for a school project. I had hoped to market it but no one was interested back then. Maybe, if I can work out these last two bugs, people will be interested.

The Ninth Scribe

Mikayeel
05-31-2008, 07:16 PM
Wow guven and raOnar and muslimah421! its so cheap where u r!!
Lol

i need to move!

They blamin the Saudi's for this. they all "If they arabs would just let some more out then this wouldn't be happening" pshh
loool, nono its £1.10 per liter not gallon, one gallon=4.5 liter (so stay wher u r wher its nice and cheap lol) :)

Ninth_Scribe
05-31-2008, 07:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven

Yes, well Holland doesn't have a Bush to mess them up. Can't wait to hear the results of the government probe into who is causing the spike in oil prices.

The Ninth Scribe

Mikayeel
05-31-2008, 07:17 PM

$4.15 for a gallon bro:)

Na7lah
05-31-2008, 07:17 PM
If they arabs would just let some more out then this wouldn't be happening
"if the arabs refused, America would be nothing"

truemuslim
05-31-2008, 07:18 PM
Yes, I pulled my home off the grid last year using an energy gizmo I developed back in 1982 for a school project. I had hoped to market it but no one was interested back then. Maybe, if I can work out these last two bugs, people will be interested.

The Ninth Scribe
wow sis mashallah thats so cool, people would probably be dying for them now! try it! Then u be on the news and be rich! lol am kiddin, but seriously u shud try and do it again and sell em inshallah. :D

Güven
05-31-2008, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by raOnar
$4.15 for a gallon bro:)
OOO that explains why, pff I was just goin crazy
:D

truemuslim
05-31-2008, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by raOnar
loool, nono its £1.10 per liter not gallon, one gallon=4.5 liter (so stay wher u r wher its nice and cheap lol) :)
Ooooh lol u do by liters. Oh ok makes more sense. lol i thought the UK was so generous then! LOL
i wonder how much it is in mexico...lol. at least they aint got no stupid Bush there screwing everything up!

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421
"if the arabs refused, America would be nothing"
True! lol
they dont even think before they talk, they just blurt out there racist comments.

Ninth_Scribe
05-31-2008, 07:21 PM
wow sis mashallah thats so cool, people would probably be dying for them now! try it! Then u be on the news and be rich! lol am kiddin, but seriously u shud try and do it again and sell em inshallah. :D

Shhhh. I went to prototype without permits and need to work out the system bugs before I can apply for them. I'm working on it.

The Ninth Scribe

truemuslim
05-31-2008, 07:22 PM
Shhhh. I went to prototype without permits and need to work out the system bugs before I can apply for them.

The Ninth Scribe
Oh LOL ok :X
at least am the first to know.....pshh lol yeh righte

Güven
05-31-2008, 07:27 PM
Whaaaat Wait a minute So america is much more cheaper
Those greedy europeans, so that mean a Gallon is €6.255 here :scared:

Woodrow
05-31-2008, 07:27 PM
Here are the current E85 (gasoline substitute) and gasoline prices in South Dakota.

http://e85prices.com/South-Dakota.html

At the current trend, E85 will soon be $2 a gallon less than gasoline. Plus it gets better milage and it only takes a low cost modification to convert a car to E85.

The good part the result will be:

1. end of any dependance on imported petroleum

2. Lower cost fuel

3. Reduced prices for all goods as a result of lower transportation costs.

4. Most people can make it at home for less than $1 per gallon

The bad news:

1. Loss of food products for export

2. Higher food prices for most of Europe and the Mideast as less food will be produced for export, with the surplus grain products being used to make E85 rather than being used for export.

3. Loss of income for the OPEC nations

4. Some people will drink it as an intoxicant

5. The government will loose considerable revenue from gasoline taxes

Ninth_Scribe
05-31-2008, 07:32 PM
Oh LOL ok :X
at least am the first to know.....pshh lol yeh righte
In a nutshell, for all the geeks here, it makes use of two of my favorite toys, the spinning top and the pinwheel. It's similar to a wind turbine, except that it doesn't stand vertically, it lays flush to the ground, with curved rotors (like the pinwheel) made of the same flexi-solar panels the military uses for portable power. It makes great use of cetrifugal force, like the spinning top and takes up a space of five feet in diameter in the yard.

Drawbacks are caused when the rotors are jammed (eg: free falling twigs and branches or deep snow). I have installed safety clutches so when this happens, I just remove them from the rotors and hit the re-set.

It works pretty well :)

The Ninth Scribe

Güven
05-31-2008, 07:35 PM
OMG Wait it went Higher €1.657 a liter now :eek:
so that means €7.457 A Gallon

and again €1.00 is $1.55 :phew

Im goin to move to America (or maybe not because bush is there:D )

Na7lah
05-31-2008, 07:36 PM
Im goin to move to America (or maybe not because bush is there
one more year and see how many people move here lol

Woodrow
05-31-2008, 07:41 PM
OMG Wait it went Higher €1.657 a liter now :eek:
so that means €7.457 A Gallon

and again €1.00 is $1.55 :phew

Im goin to move to America (or maybe not because bush is there:D )
Not to worry. The Shrub is not eligable for reelection and this is his last year in the White House. January first he becomes a common citizen and goes back to being a farmer in Texas.

Güven
05-31-2008, 07:44 PM
LoooL I totally forgot that it was his last year Yess :D;D

btw Whos goin the win

Ninth_Scribe
05-31-2008, 07:45 PM
January first he becomes a common citizen and goes back to being a farmer in Texas.
I thought his family was into oil - and I'm betting his financial portfolio is laden with stocks in Boeing, Halliburton and Blackwater.

The Ninth Scribe

Woodrow
05-31-2008, 08:02 PM
I thought his family was into oil - and I'm betting his financial portfolio is laden with stocks in Boeing, Halliburton and Blackwater.

The Ninth Scribe
They came to Texas in the 1950s when GB senior bought a cattle ranch in Beeville Texas. The Beeville ranch is now mostly a luxury ranch for hunting, golf etc, with no real production.

The Junior weed has a small farm in Crawford Texas. i doubt he has much income from it.

I suspect both of the Weeds have been "rewarded" by the big oil companies. I doubt if they have much stock in them, but I am certain the oil lobbyists have seen that they have no need for any oil stocks.

Woodrow
05-31-2008, 08:32 PM
My biggest worry is what is going to happen when the grain and corn producers begin selling their crops for making E85 and stop producing it for food products.

From a press release in 2006.

Minneapolis - If only a quarter of proposed new Midwest ethanol plants come on-line, up to half of corn in Midwest states currently sent for export could be diverted to domestic ethanol production, according to a new report issued today by the Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy (IATP). Recent projections by the U.S. Department of Agriculture concur that a significant portion of corn for future ethanol plants will come from exports.

Source: http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=3&gl=us

well more then that have come on line and the grain exports next year will be considerably less. Meaning rising food prices and less of it for much of the world.

The surplus wheat and corn that fed much of the world will now be diverted to producing non-petroleum based fuel.

SirZubair
05-31-2008, 08:44 PM
It was $2.09 per litre here in NewZealand. I filled up my car yesterday (fulltank), it cost me exactly $100.00.

A few months ago that same full tank of fuel would have cost me $80.00.

Beer is now cheaper than fuel,... so lets run our cars of heinekin.. :exhausted

Woodrow
05-31-2008, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
It was $2.09 per litre here in NewZealand. I filled up my car yesterday (fulltank), it cost me exactly $100.00.

A few months ago that same full tank of fuel would have cost me $80.00.

Beer is now cheaper than fuel,... so lets run our cars of heinekin.. :exhausted
I suspect you will soon see E85 available in NZ. It is much cheaper then beer and Petro. The fuel companies here that produce it are expanding at a tremendous rate. we may have escaped from dependance on Petro.

The United States Ethanol Market 2007
Product Type: Market Research Report
Published by: Ethanol Statistics
Published: August 2007
Product Code: R3510-2
Description
Between 2001 and 2007, U.S. fuel ethanol production capacity grew 220% from 1.9 billion to 6.1 billion gallons. Much of this growth was made possible by government regulation and legislation that actively supports the ethanol industry by creating mandatory ethanol demand and financially attractive investment opportunities in ethanol production capacity. The market is becoming mature with an increasing number of IPO’s, M&A activity and large R&D investments. Although the U.S. have become the largest fuel ethanol producer in the world, specific market characteristics such as the geographic distribution of production versus consumption, the lack of infrastructural development for fuel ethanol distribution and transportation, types of ownership and the limited production capacity of corn, will all have a significant impact on future development. This ethanol market report was written for professionals in the industry, to provide a clear understanding of the most important characteristics of the U.S. ethanol market.

Source:http://www.mindbranch.com/listing/product/R3510-2.html

AvarAllahNoor
05-31-2008, 09:03 PM
In da England it is £1.16 for unleaded petrol at the moment!

arabianprincess
06-01-2008, 06:12 AM
hmmmi heard its gonna be 4 $ a gallon .....in the us ... well soon... just lettin yall know

snakelegs
06-01-2008, 06:25 AM
My biggest worry is what is going to happen when the grain and corn producers begin selling their crops for making E85 and stop producing it for food products.

From a press release in 2006.

Minneapolis - If only a quarter of proposed new Midwest ethanol plants come on-line, up to half of corn in Midwest states currently sent for export could be diverted to domestic ethanol production, according to a new report issued today by the Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy (IATP). Recent projections by the U.S. Department of Agriculture concur that a significant portion of corn for future ethanol plants will come from exports.

Source: http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=3&gl=us

well more then that have come on line and the grain exports next year will be considerably less. Meaning rising food prices and less of it for much of the world.

The surplus wheat and corn that fed much of the world will now be diverted to producing non-petroleum based fuel.
i keep hearing that it takes more fuel to produce it than it yields. is that not true?

Ninth_Scribe
06-01-2008, 02:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i keep hearing that it takes more fuel to produce it than it yields. is that not true?
It takes 1.2 gallons of fossil fuel to produce 1 gallon of ethanol from corn. This total includes the use of fossil fuels used for fertilizer, tractor fuel, ethanol plant operation, etc. - but this formula is being disputed by the government (who removed some of the operational costs from the equation):

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/p...ml/petbro.html

The Ninth Scribe

Ninth_Scribe
06-01-2008, 02:29 PM

Yes, but you need to hear both sides of the argument:

A common objection to biomass energy production is that it could divert agricultural production away from food crops in a hungry world, leading to high food prices or even mass starvation in the poor countries.

True or not? At best it's an oversimplification of a complex issue. It just doesn't work that way, and neither does hunger.

Source: http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_food.html
The Ninth Scribe

Woodrow
06-01-2008, 03:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
It is kind of complex. I believe the very basic economics will put things in the proper perspective. The farmers get about $5 per Bushel selling corn to the ethenal plants and about $1 per bushel selling it for food.

The farmers make more money selling to the ethanol plants and there is no surplus or waste as even non-food quality and spoiled corn can be used.

The simple fact is the production of ethanol is being done by private businesses. They are doing it because they are making a profit. the profit will cease if it costs them more to make it then they can sell it for.

The ethanol is selling to the consumers at a much lower price than gasoline. The sellers make more profit from it than from selling gasoline. The Ethanol plants are making money and the farmers are making money.

Bottom line, no matter what the "facts" are saying. Ethanol is profitable and it is bringing lower cost fuel to the consumer.

The number of private ethanol plants is growing at a very fast rate in the mid-western states. The ethanol plants are popping up like mushrooms.

Check out Brasil which is now almost 100% ethanol for automobiles and even Venezuela, one of the largest OPEC producers, is getting into making ethanol. Chevron (which is Venezuela owned) is building ethanol plants in Texas.

Woodrow
06-01-2008, 04:16 PM
It takes 1.2 gallons of fossil fuel to produce 1 gallon of ethanol from corn. This total includes the use of fossil fuels used for fertilizer, tractor fuel, ethanol plant operation, etc. - but this formula is being disputed by the government (who removed some of the operational costs from the equation):

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/p...ml/petbro.html

The Ninth Scribe
Economics will eventually determine the true cost and profit. It is very difficult to tell what the actual cost is. But the farmers are making more money off of the corn they sell to the ethanol plants and want to see more ethanol plants built so they can sell more corn to them.

From what I hear talking to farmers and ethanol producers. the farmers get $5 a bushell selling corn to ethanol producers. the producers can make up to 10 gallons ethanol from a bushel of corn and wholesale it for about $2 per gallon. The consumer gets fuel for under $3 per gallon. At least it seems to be working that way in Minnesota and South Dakota.

the conversion cost for converting a late model car to burn ethanol and/or gasoline or any mixture of both is from $200 to $400 per car depending on engine size and type of fuel injectors. the older cars that do not use fuel injecters can be converted with a simple carburetor adjustment for under $50 or free if you do it yourself.

Bottom line if it can sell for a lower price than gasoline and a higher profit can be made, it will soon replace gasoline. The "facts" do seem to indicate it can not be done, but the entrepeneurs making deposists in the bank don't seem to be upset over them "facts". according to the "facts" of aeronautical design neither a bumblebee nor a C-124 can fly, hope they never get told the "facts"

Izyan
06-02-2008, 04:38 PM

The Ninth Scribe
When you become President and Vice President all of your finances have to be put into a blind trust. They have absolutely no control over what it's inveted in.

islamirama
06-03-2008, 04:18 AM
See attachment....

truemuslim
06-03-2008, 03:16 PM
^ WOW And i thought america was expensive! Look at turkey and germany! Is this per gallon...in DOLLARS?!

Güven
06-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Wooow look at greedy Turkey and Germany almost $12 im neva gonna ride a car there, I will be bankrupt :D

truemuslim
06-03-2008, 03:29 PM
^ lool! seriously u will tho! thats sad why it so expensive!

Lets make this world together, get along, share the oil, make it like a dollar per gallon, and smile :D...........................................Pahah ahhaaaa!!

Güven
06-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Lool Than the world will be bankrupt ;D

truemuslim
06-03-2008, 03:31 PM
AHaha LOOL! For real!

Na7lah
06-03-2008, 06:31 PM
it keep goin up really FAST now :( it's 3.10 now

Güven
06-03-2008, 06:33 PM
YOu must be happy not sad :)

Na7lah
06-03-2008, 06:42 PM
why?

truemuslim
06-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Lol its like 3.96 here!!

Güven
06-03-2008, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421
it keep goin up really FAST now :( it's 3.10 now
Its almost $12 in Turkey And Almost $10 in Holland and yours is $3,10
Who has to be more sad ???:cry:

^meant for THe other quote Lol:D

crayon
06-03-2008, 06:59 PM
50 cents... one benefit of living in the land of oil.

truemuslim
06-03-2008, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon

:eek: OMG !! LOL U SO LUCKY!
I wanna move!
Can i bump in wit u for awhile?!
Lool kiddin of course
i dont drive yet anyway :-[
coz the stupid law :raging::raging::raging:

papa_smurf
06-04-2008, 12:22 AM
Price in the UK over 10 dollars per gallon:phew

Izyan
06-04-2008, 01:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Having oil doesn't necessarily mean having cheap petrol. Oil has to be refined to be turned into petrol. The refineries are normally in other lands. That's why even though Iran has cheap petrol they go through regular shortages.

Izyan
06-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Lol its like 3.96 here!!
$4.25 here

north_malaysian
06-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Starting at 12:00 AM tomorrow (05.06.2008) petrol price in Malaysia will increase from RM 1.92 per litre to RM 2.70 per litre. All petrol stations are jammed with cars right now...:exhausted

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.