/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A2 Level Help for Students

ameen
09-16-2006, 05:52 PM
salam,

this is the A2 version of sr. ameeratul layl's thread:  ' AS Level Help For Students ' .

Please post in this thread any questions, advice, or useful links which may be helpful to A2 students.

wsalam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sum-Muslim-Gal
09-17-2006, 11:48 AM
hhhmmhh

once ppl start posting all give sum links inshAallah am in A2 dis yr...

:w:

Ameeratul Layl
09-17-2006, 05:09 PM
[BANANA]salam,

SubhanAllah, an A2 thread. Oh, this has truely made my day.[/BANANA]

[MOUSE]Anyone need any help? Ask away.

wasalam[/MOUSE]

Ameeratul Layl
09-21-2006, 11:56 AM
salam,

Lately, I have been studying Momentum in Physics. Before I knw of what it was about and I would read or hear the word, I would freak out. SubhanAllah, it is so easy once you grab the concept.
Today, I did..emm..about magnets and I can recall a formula (without looking at notes):

F = B I L

F = force (N)
B = Field
I = Current
L = Length

1T = N A(to the -1)M (to the -1)

We did this funny thing with our hands too. It is flemming's idea with the LEFT HAND.

Please correct any mistakes, but I thought it;d be good to re-cap what I learnt today. I'm ever so chuffed!

Wasalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MH-UK
09-21-2006, 12:01 PM
:sl:

Easy way to remember flemming's left hand rule is:

F.B.I and pretend its like a gun lol. where F is thumb, B is index finder and I is middle finger.

Ameeratul Layl
09-21-2006, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MH-UK

Easy way to remember flemming's left hand rule is:

F.B.I and pretend its like a gun lol. where F is thumb, B is index finder and I is middle finger.

Oh that is a good one. But I have remembered it as:

Thumb = Motion
First Finger = Field
Second Finger = Current

Though, I must admit, your method is worth remembering.

JazakAlllah.

Ameeratul Layl
09-22-2006, 07:32 PM
salam,

I need help remembering the right hand rule,now.

I told my teacher about the F.B.I rule and she was so amazed. She thought I made it up. Suited me because everyone in the class were green in the face.

wasalam

ameen
09-25-2006, 12:20 PM
salam,

The following are the syllabus-specific A2 books that I would recommend for the courses given in bold:

Mathematics - Edexcel

Core Maths - C3
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mathematics-...409698-5694053

Core Maths - C4
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Heinemann-Mo...409698-5694053

Mechanics - M1
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mechanics-He...409698-5694053

Biology - Edexcel

http://www.amazon.co.uk/A2-Biology-E...409698-5694053

Chemistry - Edexcel Nuffield

The Students' Book
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nuffield-Adv...409698-5694053

The Teachers' Guide (Useful because has answers to questions in the Student's Book)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nuffield-Adv...409698-5694053

wsalam

Ameeratul Layl
09-25-2006, 12:22 PM
salam,

JazakAllah brother.

wasalam

Sum-Muslim-Gal
09-26-2006, 07:28 PM

any1 doin A2 sociology eyah..if so how u finding the topic on religion dats if u doin dat 1 ??....they chat....especially da theorise....honestly....:rant: :rant:

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-08-2006, 06:39 PM
i need help! english language coursework...its an individual peice of work n i decided to base it on Artificial intelligence..all to do with technology etc...

well i hoping if any1 has any idea weher i can get hold of websites which talk..i mean like msn..but they work on their own sort of thing..ive got some sites but i need the ones that actually talk at you but me typing in the info..u get me!...

i need to start collecting data...i guess am abit well alot behinD!!HELP:hiding:

:W:

ameen
10-09-2006, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sum-Muslim-Gal
well i hoping if any1 has any idea weher i can get hold of websites which talk..i mean like msn..but they work on their own sort of thing..ive got some sites but i need the ones that actually talk at you but me typing in the info..u get me!...

i need to start collecting data...i guess am abit well alot behinD!!HELP:hiding:

:W:

salam,

This bot 'talks' to you like on MSN:

www.oliverbot.com

wsalam

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-09-2006, 07:04 PM

thanks brother..i will have a look at it n investigate through linguistis terms..:)

Do you or any1 know any that actually talk at you and you do the typing:?:?:?...i heard u can get hold of them but how...

Hijaabi22
10-09-2006, 09:28 PM
OK GUYS ME IN NEED OF YA HELP :shade: ME DUIN A UNI PRESENTATION ON FORCES N NEEDS SUM INFO ON gravity pWEEZ HELP JAZAKS XX

Ameeratul Layl
10-11-2006, 12:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -----------
OK GUYS ME IN NEED OF YA HELP :shade: ME DUIN A UNI PRESENTATION ON FORCES N NEEDS SUM INFO ON gravity pWEEZ HELP JAZAKS XX
What is the presentation actaully based on? Do you have a title? I enjoy momentum and all that stuff in Physics...so I could help.InshAllah. Just be a little precise.inshAllah,

wasalam

Hijaabi22
10-11-2006, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl
What is the presentation actaully based on? Do you have a title? I enjoy momentum and all that stuff in Physics...so I could help.InshAllah. Just be a little precise.inshAllah,

wasalam
urgh i hae physics dunno how i mangae 2 get a double A in science, its on forces n motion ,

Ameeratul Layl
10-12-2006, 10:09 AM
urgh i hae physics dunno how i mangae 2 get a double A in science, its on forces n motion ,
well, you have a presentation so better get liking it.
Forces and motion? So, I believe you are expected to include about momentum and knetic energy.right?

Hijaabi22
10-13-2006, 09:17 PM
nah we jus focusin on sum forces e g gravity

ameen
10-15-2006, 05:33 AM
ME DUIN A UNI PRESENTATION ON FORCES N NEEDS SUM INFO ON gravity pWEEZ HELP JAZAKS
salam,

wikipedia has this on the earth's gravity:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_%28Earth%29

wsalam

MH-UK
10-15-2006, 01:52 PM

gravity, g = Weight, W / mass, m

g= W/m

Ameeratul Layl
10-16-2006, 12:40 PM
salam.

E=MGH

E=gravitational energy (J) << I think that is the correct Unit
M=Mass (kg)
G=9.81 (ms-1)
H = Height (metres)

Wouldn't F=MA be used too?

wasalam

Re.TiReD
10-16-2006, 12:58 PM

is anybody doing A2 psychology?? i'm doing ma coursework an am stukkkkkk! :heated: i dont know what am doin...its like in AS we were helped throughout but now we have to do it all on our ownsome :uhwhat

and oh yeah....A2 RS? dont get the theological and philosophical stuff :w:

MH-UK
10-16-2006, 01:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl
salam.

E=MGH

E=gravitational energy (J) << I think that is the correct Unit
M=Mass (kg)
G=9.81 (ms-1)
H = Height (metres)

Wouldn't F=MA be used too?

wasalam

Yes Joules is the correct unit for energy.

Use lower case letters as by convention g is different to G.

Energy (Gravitational Potential) = mgh.

m - mass (kg)
g - gravitational field strength (ms^-2)
h - height (m)

therefore : kg * ms^-2 * m = kg * m^2 * s^-2 = Joules

Look at my previous post and you will see where F=ma comes in.

Basically F is replaced by Weight which is a force and all acceleration is assumed to be due to gravity. So you get W=mg.

muzna
10-16-2006, 01:53 PM
gravitational fields is A2 content..forces and motion is AS right?

MH-UK
10-17-2006, 01:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muzna
gravitational fields is A2 content..forces and motion is AS right?

Yes I think so, although it may depend upon your examination board (OCR, AQA, Edexcel etc...)

Protected_Diamond
10-17-2006, 07:53 PM
Is anyone doing A2 sociology? If yeah, anyone started on their coursework man? Im doing AQA and i need help please lol.....

Protected_Diamond
10-17-2006, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dreamer

is anybody doing A2 psychology?? i'm doing ma coursework an am stukkkkkk! :heated: i dont know what am doin...its like in AS we were helped throughout but now we have to do it all on our ownsome :uhwhat

and oh yeah....A2 RS? dont get the theological and philosophical stuff :w:
Im sooooo glad i dropped it man....

Re.TiReD
10-18-2006, 10:44 AM
:sl: :D :D pagal!!! hope you're well....

well dont anybody bother replying....:rant: :w:

10-18-2006, 10:47 AM
Sos clowny but i dropped it last year :)

Re.TiReD
10-18-2006, 10:54 AM
lol :D aint chatted with you for aaaages! [S]i think we need to form a clown association! [/S] :giggling: hmmmm....no probz, wish i had dropped it tho...:hiding: ah welll...with Allah's help Insha'Allah....:) :w:

10-18-2006, 10:57 AM
Yup yup innit!! Come in the sisters section and lets form one ;) :p

Re.TiReD
10-18-2006, 11:15 AM
lol am gone from here..sistahs section it is for me!! :okay:

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-18-2006, 06:34 PM

hey sistas what u forming in the sistah section...i wana knw...:):):):)

ameen
10-18-2006, 07:51 PM
salam,

please try to stick to the topic of the thread (A2 Level Help for Students)

wsalam

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-18-2006, 08:30 PM

sowie brother...:)

can i just make one more off topic post please pretty please,....

well anyways ...i wanted 2 ask whether it is worth goin london for &#163;25 for the day n cummin bak on that same day...its partly educational.....with college..any1???

Hijaabi22
10-18-2006, 10:03 PM
wid regards to gravity thanks all but erm....can u spk in english please??

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-18-2006, 10:06 PM
i am speaking english rite????????

Pk_#2
10-18-2006, 10:08 PM
SHE MEANS QUEENS ENGLISH,

she is a queen :p

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-19-2006, 12:32 AM
^^^huh,,,u confusing me gal..

anyways back to the subject...'london well is it worth' it...'any 1 here...*echos* i knw it aint gotta do with a2wrk..but its 2do with college:P

Ameeratul Layl
10-20-2006, 02:21 PM
wid regards to gravity thanks all but erm....can u spk in english please??
what part did you NOT understand sis. was it the formula?

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-25-2006, 06:07 PM

i need help...well *aheem*...what is the best way to analyse text..i knw av done it back in high school not only that am in A2 english lang...n am suppose 2 be brilliant at it...well thats what ma teacher says!!!

exam in january its EDITORIAL WRITING 2HRS...any1 doing this ALevel will know..n ive gotta say am soooooo strugling u get a massive pack a week before the exam to analyse n take that in wit u in the exam but the exam question is set on the say n u will see it then i.e might be told 2 design a info pack aimed at such abody..writing in that style,purpose,genre etc.....my problem is am not good at it at all...it freeks me out when i see so much text...i feel like crying i need helpimsad ...ive got like this week to get a mock 1 done for my final predicted grade n i dont know where to start.....HELP!!imsad

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-25-2006, 08:25 PM

oh i need help with something else aswell...

is there any unsual questions u would aska computer...

list them if u do..

need them well wana test them on my talking bots...ive gota few but need 10!!:D

thanks

Re.TiReD
10-26-2006, 01:11 PM

i need help...well *aheem*...what is the best way to analyse text..i knw av done it back in high school not only that am in A2 english lang...n am suppose 2 be brilliant at it...well thats what ma teacher says!!!

exam in january its EDITORIAL WRITING 2HRS...any1 doing this ALevel will know..n ive gotta say am soooooo strugling u get a massive pack a week before the exam to analyse n take that in wit u in the exam but the exam question is set on the say n u will see it then i.e might be told 2 design a info pack aimed at such abody..writing in that style,purpose,genre etc.....my problem is am not good at it at all...it freeks me out when i see so much text...i feel like crying i need helpimsad ...ive got like this week to get a mock 1 done for my final predicted grade n i dont know where to start.....HELP!!imsad

:sl: sis am doin A2 eng but its combined wid literature so abit diff to urs....if you tell me specifically what it is you're wantin help wid i'll try...:okay: i was surprised how rubbish i was at A level english coz i loved it at GCSE but it just takes some gettin used to...:) :w:

oh i need help with something else aswell...

is there any unsual questions u would aska computer...

list them if u do..

need them well wana test them on my talking bots...ive gota few but need 10!!:D

thanks

yeah i would ask....where are you? who created you? how can you type...(coz its got no hands right :D ) erm...do you have a family? dont you get bored sitting at a desk all day? do you like dreamer? :giggling: lol if you want mo....jus lemme know! :okay:

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-26-2006, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dreamer
:sl: sis am doin A2 eng but its combined wid literature so abit diff to urs....if you tell me specifically what it is you're wantin help wid i'll try...:okay: i was surprised how rubbish i was at A level english coz i loved it at GCSE but it just takes some gettin used to...:) :w

yeah i would ask....where are you? who created you? how can you type...(coz its got no hands right :D ) erm...do you have a family? dont you get bored sitting at a desk all day? do you like dreamer? :giggling: lol if you want mo....jus lemme know! :okay:

i need help to analyse text...i knw tell me about it alevel it feels like:uuh: :uuh:
with me am slow in adopting texts when looking at it i need time to read it lol...how the heck will i pass if am sat in the exam reading for hours lol...ok am not that slow...what it is right 4 the half term hols..teacher set us like a mock trial pack sort thing if u wana call that ..based on one subject 'Greece' no not the movie greece the actual place..theres 2 questions..i gota answer but before that i gotta like pick out the key points with in the text am telling its sooooooooooooooo much am not in the mood to read it but i have 2 or else am dooomed!!!...:offended: ...n plus i need a predicted grade aswell... i cnt remba the question last time i looked at it was last week...i need to start but i need a good way in adpting the question quicker,...
is it better if i scan in the sheet lol...:D ..so u knw what i mean...

hows english combined going 4 u...tis good?...i couldnt deicide between eng lang n lit..buh i always prefred lang...soooo intersting i gota say!!!:D :D

ok then pls help if u can..and same goes for any1...:)
if not i'll pretend i analysed it by highlighting it lol...
n say ive lost the questions lol....yeeh his sooo gona fall for that...i could try...:D :D

eerm pretty funny them questions but yeh i think i will expand on them...:D :D
yes they have a family and for asome reason they all seem to be from California...lol..dunno why..probably the inventor is from there...

thanks 4 UR HELP SIS....:D :D

Re.TiReD
10-30-2006, 02:40 PM
lol!!! sis i think i know what you mean! is it called recasting? i get a feeling we doing that too. i had two pieces about war and from the two texts we had to pick out the relevant info and using it write a letter. :D

first thing i did was get out a massive pink highliter! :) and pick out the main points and das it really.

yeah tiz goin gud...i prefer language but like looking at texts when it comes to lit...altho i always do better at lang and suck at the lit paper! lol i think das because i draw up ma own conclusions when it comes to shakespeare! :giggling: i analyse it too much and too deeply :heated:

let me know if that helps and if not...be more specific :okay: :w:

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-30-2006, 07:10 PM
yup sis i managed to pick up the PINK highlight n done some analyse...yeh am like u i cn analyse sooo in depth thats if i know what the text is telling me bit if not am lost in dodo land..:D...
well...i mentioned from a linguistic prespective sis..but not DONE the questions am sooo lost!!!..ive highlighted the main question what its asking me but the thing is i dont know what the text is on about honestly i dont!!...nothing gone in ma head..but i did like some notes..lol..ok am confusing my self..:uuh:

basically all based on one subject like i mentioned before...but goota write in different style..for different audience so it suits thei need...well summat like that..:uhwhat

aaahh man its tooo hard!!!...imsad

ok sis thanks sis for the help me off 4 majilis..:D
tc..xx

Re.TiReD
11-01-2006, 01:07 PM
:sl: yeah!!! I am doing that!! you know sometimes the problem with the text is that you interpret it to say what you want it to mean and what makes sense to you rather than what its ACTUALLY about...:)

cant think of anymore useful tips...sorry :) :w:

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-01-2006, 10:14 PM

dont worry sis am dead tomorow anyway..am gona give it another go now if am in the mood!which am not coz am hypr...:P

but i gota sort this out with the teacher ..i dont wana flop:( my exam...

thnx 4 helpin n tryin anyways sis:D

Re.TiReD
11-03-2006, 03:39 PM
:sl: no problemO! :wub:

happy to be of assistance :) any more 'help' just AaAsk! :okay:

p.s you flopped? how did you do? presuming you've done it of course :) :w:

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-03-2006, 04:43 PM

noo sis i didnt flop..me sayin i dont want to flop coz the exams in january and time is flying quick!!!...i really need to put my head down!!..

eerm AS i managed to get a C in my exam ... my coursework let me down or else i would have got a B..but inshaAlllah am predicted a c/b ..gona work 2towards the B :D....really need to get a move on my courswork..am gona aim for an A for that lol..yeeh ..but i will !!!:D:D..JUST NEED TIME!!!

How did u did sis?..eerm can i ask what else u studying..:?..:D

Re.TiReD
11-08-2006, 02:22 PM

I got a B in english last year Alhamdulillah :) tryin for a B this year too Insha'Allah. apart from that am doin psychology :hiding: Religios Studies :? and Urdu :)

lol you? :w:

Re.TiReD
11-09-2006, 02:35 PM
:sl: nobody have any more dillemas for me to sort out?? lol :okay: :w:

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-14-2006, 01:08 AM
salam

ok anyone..

what does this word mean...its pretty long..

'anthropomophisation of technology'......i think ive spelt it right!!

wasalam

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-14-2006, 01:25 AM
salam

doesnt matter got it..:D:D:D...

wasalam

Re.TiReD
11-15-2006, 01:34 PM
salam

ok anyone..

what does this word mean...its pretty long..

'anthropomophisation of technology'......i think ive spelt it right!!

wasalam

lol...so what does it mean then? :okay:

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-17-2006, 09:11 PM
^^^lol...u wana know oky doky...

i dont know the definition..but i get the gist!!n thats all i need lol..:D:D

Erm...its to do with language and technology..n it looks at the use of such features as greetings, address terms, use of questions, politeness markers and modal erbs in grammar checkers and other computer software simulating human interaction.....

lol u got that..doesnt matter if u didnt ..its me who needs it!!!!:D:D:D

its part of my c/work...really really intersting ive got to say...one of the talking computers called me stupid!! :(....lol..but i told it to shut up and then i doesnt talk back ...lol...;D ;D ..but then i had to say sorry...
thats whats intersting about it....:D :D :D

am rubbish at explain so yeeeh.....

wasalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.