/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shaykh Saalih Ibn Humaid~Khutbahs

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-12-2005, 04:45 PM
Shaykh Saalih Ibn Humaid

First Khutbah

Praise be to Allah. I praise and thank Him, exalted is He, and I glorify and revere him. Forever does He merit attributes of veneration and perfection. I testify that there is no god but Allah, Who has no partner and I thus admit His Oneness. I also testify that Muhammad (Salla Allahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) is His Servant and Messenger, the selected Prophet (Salla Allahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) who is of a better lineage than the entire humanity and is far more honorable than them all. May Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him and his righteous companions, people of benevolence and honesty and those who follow the way of Allah’s messenger (Salla Allahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) and his righteous companions.

O People, I advise you and myself to fear Allah, glorified is He, Allah says which translates as: “And be afraid of the Day when you shall be brought back to Allah” (Al-Baqarah: 281). Beware of a Day when you will stand for a long time awaiting a thorough judgment. Fellow Muslims, every soul will be held accountable only for the deeds s/he has committed. No one will be punished for a sin s/he did not commit. On Judgment Day, every soul will stand alone in his/her defense.

Sinful desires lead many people astray. Their faith is not reflected in their deeds. They speak but they never act on what they say. This is the position of the unintelligent persons. Having learned the truth, they then deny it. They declare permissible what Allah and His messenger (Salla Allahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) have decreed as prohibited. Al-Hassan Al-Basri may Allah bless his soul, exclaims: Do they believe in Judgment Day? No, I swear by the Master of the Day of Resurrection, they are liars. No one is admitted to paradise except one who genuinely seeks it and no one will be saved from the Hellfire except one who truly fears it. Entering in to the Hellfire is an indisputable fact, As Allah says which translates as: “There is not one of you but will pass over it (Hell); this is with your Lord; a decree which must be accomplished” (Maryam: 71) but is salvation from the Hellfire an indisputable fact too?

Who shows signs of real fear from it? Who would be truly delighted to be saved from it? Musa Ibn Sa’d said: Whenever we were in the company of Sufyan, we would feel that we were surrounded by the hellfire because of the look of fear and terror we saw on his face. Whoever honestly fears the Hellfire strives to avoid it and whoever strives to avoid it attains Paradise. As in the Qur’an which translates as: “Saying: “Aforetime, we were afraid with our families (from the punishment of Allah), But Allah has been gracious to us, and has saved us from the torment of the fire, Verily, We used to invoke Him (Alone and none else) before. Verily, He is Al-Barr (the Most Subtle, Kind, Courteous, and Generous), the Most Merciful” (At-Tur: 26–28). Truly, Allah guides and has mercy on those who fear Him.

Brothers in Islam, our sermon seeks to remind and warn of the hellfire and fill your hearts with the fear of what was mentioned in the Glorious Qur’an and what Prophet Muhammad, (Salla Allahu Alaihi Wa Sallam), said concerning the punishment of the disbelievers and those who do not abide by Allah’s laws. Our sermon is about the Hellfire, its people, and its terror. We seek refuge in Allah’s mercy from it, as Allah says which translates as: “O you who believe! Ward off from yourselves and your families a fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who disobey not, (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allah, but do that which they are commanded” (At-Tahrim: 6).

Al-Hassan Al-Basri, may Allah bless his soul, states: By Allah! It is never that a servant of Allah honestly believes in the Hellfire, but he feels as if the spacious earth has become incredibly narrow, whereas if the Hellfire was right behind a hypocrite, he would still not believe in it until he tumbles into its burning depths. I swear that the servants of Allah have never been warned against anything more horrific.

Allah says which translates as: “Therefore I have warned you of a Fire blazing fiercely (Hell); None shall enter it save the most wretched, Who denies and turns away” (Al-Layl: 14- 16). This is the Hellfire, of which those who fear it will never sleep. Fear of the Hellfire torments the righteous. Allah says which translates as: “Verily, it {Hell, or their denial of prophet Muhammad (Salla Allahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) or the Day of Resurrection} is but one of the greatest calamities. A warning to mankind, To any of you that chooses to go forward (by working righteous deeds), or to remain behind (by commiting sins)” (Al-Muddaththir: 35- 37).

Do you not know that even angels and prophets are warned against the Hellfire? Concerning angels, Allah says which translates as: “And if any of them should say: Verily, I am an Ilah (a god) besides Him (Allah)’ such a one We should recompense with Hell. Thus We recompense the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc)” (Al-Anbiya: 29). As regards to the prophets, He says which translates as: “And set not up with Allah any other Ilah (god) lest you should be thrown into Hell, blameworthy and rejected, (from Allah’s Mercy)” (Al-Isra’: 39).

O People, avoid the Hellfire by giving away as little as a date. Avoid the Hellfire by saying a good word. Mention the Hellfire repeatedly and seek to be saved from it, as Allah says which translates as: “With this Allah does frighten His slaves: “O My slaves, therefore fear Me!” (Az-Zumar: 16). The Hellfire is the worst abode, its torment is the most horrific of all, its heat is extreme, its pit is bottomless, and its maces are made of iron. A stone may continue to fall for seventy years before if reaches its depth. Its ways are narrow, it is constantly ablaze, terribly drawing its breath, and its gates are locked. Its scorching columns are outstretched. Its heat is continuously increasing. It is the wrath of Al Jabbar and His punishment.

Whole nations will be brought to their knees. Those who were unjust to themselves will realize the consequences of their actions. The disbelievers will be dispatched to a shadow of smoke ascending in three columns, which yields no shade or coolness and is of no use against the fierce blaze. The flames of a blazing fire will surround them. They will hear its exhalations and groaning and witness its rage and fury. They will be called on by the angels of the Hellfire, as the Qur’an says which translates as: “So enter the gates of Hell, to abide therein, and indeed, what an evil abode will be for the arrogant” (An-Nahl: 29). They will be gathered in the Hellfire, with the angels of the punishment crushing them. They will groan in its straits as they tumble downwards. You will see the sinners on that day bound together in fetters, their garments will be made of liquid pitch, and their faces will be covered with fire. Their necks will be shackled and they will be dragged by chains, pulled by the forehead and feet, and then thrown into the Hellfire. A burning fluid will be poured onto their heads and it will melt their skins and their stomachs. Their hands will be shackled with iron fetters, and their foreheads, sides, and backs will be burnt.

“Taste you the touch of Hell” (Al-Qamar: 48). They will be made to eat bitter Zaqqum and Dari, which will neither nourish nor satisfy their hunger. They will be made to drink a boiling fluid and a dark, murky, and intensely cold liquid that will burn their faces and tear up their stomachs. The Qur’an describes which translates as: “He will sip it unwillingly, and he will find a great difficulty to swallow it down his throat” (Ibrahim: 17) “Therein they will cry: “Our Lord! Bring us out, we shall do righteous good deeds, not (the evil deeds) that we used to do” (Allah will reply): “Did We not give you lives long enough, so that whosoever would receive admonition could receive it? And the warner came to you. So taste you (the evil of your deeds). For the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc) there is no helper” (Fatir: 37) “ … As often as their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for other skins that they may taste the punishment … ” (An-Nisa’: 56) They will wish to die, only there will be no way out of the Hellfire, nor will there be an escape. The Qur’an describes which translates as: “And they will cry: O Malik let your Lord make an end of us, he will say: Verily you shall abide forever. Indeed We have brought the truth to you, but most of you have a hatred for the truth” (Az-Zukhruf: 77-78). Their inhalation and exhalation will then be heard even louder when they are deprived of what they desire. Their despair will be increased and they will think to themselves, “ … It makes no difference to us, whether we rage, or bear with patience. There is no place of refuge for us” (Ibrahim: 21). We seek refuge in Allah, from His wrath and severe punishment.

Brothers in Islam, these are indisputable facts about the Hellfire which I swear by Allah will be fulfilled. Allah says which translates as: “ … but the Word from Me took effect, that I will fill Hell with Jinn and mankind together” (As-Sajdah: 13).

Woe unto every disbeliever and wicked person who does wrong, prefers worldly life and does not believe in Judgment Day, as Allah says which translates as: “The Mujrimoon (polythiests, idolaters, and disbelievers) will be known by their marks (black faces)” (Ar-Rahman: 41) “And obey not everyone who swears much, and is considered worthless. A slanderer, going about with calumnies. Hinderer of the good, transgressor, sinfull. Cruel, after all that base-born (of illegitimate birth)” (Al-Qalam: 10- 13). Those who do not believe in Allah, the Almighty, nor encourage the feeding of the poor, who never prays nor feeds the poor, joining with the disbelievers in denying Judgment Day. These are the people of the Hellfire. We seek refuge in Allah from them.

Servants of Allah, people of the Hellfire will include wine drinkers, those who sever kinship relations, believe in magic, remind others of the charity they gave them, backbite others, let their garments hang down below their ankles, hoard silver and gold and refuse to spend in the way of Allah. Among the people to be most severely tortured are those who create pictures and statues to imitate Allah’s creation and those who oppress people in this world.

What would be the position of the reciters of the Qur’an, scholars and mujahideen (fighters in Jihad) whose deeds are for showing off, and those who command people to do good deeds yet do not do them themselves, who forbid people from committing sins, yet do not refrain from committing sins themselves, who never practice what they preach, who rebuke when they advice and turn a deaf ear when advised and who judge without knowledge or without justice. These are people of the hellfire.

“A ruler who betrays his people will be condemned to the Hellfire”.

“A person who pledged allegiance to the Imam but for the sake of the world (material gains). If the Imam bestowed on him (something) out of that (worldly riches) he stood by his allegiance and if he did not give him, he did not fulfill the allegiance” such a person is condemned”.

“Whoever cuts off the right of a Muslim man by his oath, Allah forbids him the Garden an obliges the Fire for him”.

“Whoever eats or drinks from gold or silver utensils is indeed filing his stomach with the fire of hell”.

Allah says which translates as: “ … Those who unjustly eat up the property of orphans, eat up a fire into their own bellies, they will soon be enduring a Blazing Fire” (An-Nisa’: 10).

Woe to the one who devours usury! The fire is the only worthy punishment for him whose body is nourished by usury or by what is forbidden. There will be two types of people who are destined for the Hellfire: people with whips, like the tails of cows, who beat the people (i.e. tyrannical rulers who are the enemies of their own people), and woman who although clothed, are yet naked, seducing and being seduced, their hair styled like tilted humps of camels. These will not enter the Garden nor will its fragrance even reach them” “If the wailing woman does not repent before she dies, she will be made to stand on the Day of Resurrection wearing a trousers of pitch and a shirt of mange” “Cheat and deceit will be condemned to the fire” “Indecency leads to the Hellfire” “The worst of people in the sight of Allah is he who people avoid due to his indecency, aggressiveness, and vulgarity”. Woe unto those who wish that indecency would spread among those who believe, they will be severely tortured in this world and in the Hereafter.

Dear Muslims, may Allah have mercy on you and I, and save us from this horrible torture. These are the various types of punishments in the Hellfire and the different characteristics of the people of the Hellfire. So fear Allah and avoid the Hellfire by shedding tears out of fear of Allah, for no man who cried out of fear of Allah will ever be tortured in the Hellfire. Two eyes will never be touched by the Fire; and eye that sheds tears out of fear of Allah, and a vigilant eye that stayed awake on guard for the sake of Allah (in Jihad). Whoever fasts a day is distanced from the Hellfire by a space to be covered in seventy years. Seek refuge with Allah from the Hellfire, for this is one of the characteristics of the righteous, who constantly remembers Allah.

The angels will pass by those who remember Allah in parties and Allah will say, “From what do they seek refuge?” The angels reply: ‘They seek refuge from the hellfire Allah says, “Did they see it? The angels say: ‘No by Allah, O Lord! They did not see it, Allah says: ‘How it would have been if they saw it? The angels say: ‘If they saw it they would flee from it with the extreme fleeing and would have extreme fear from it. Then Allah says, ‘I make you witnesses that I have forgiven them”.

In another narration: Whenever a Muslim prays to be admitted to paradise three times, paradise says: O Allah, admit him to paradise. Whenever a Muslim seeks refuge from the Hellfire three times, The Hellfire seeks refuge from the Hellfire three times for that Muslim, The Hellfire says: O Allah, grant him refuge from me. O Allah, we seek refuge with You from the Hellfire. O Allah, we seek refuge with You from the Hellfire. O Allah, we seek refuge with You from the Hellfire. As in the Qur’an, which translates as: “ … Our Lord, we have indeed believed, so forgive us our sins and save us from the punishment of the fire” (Al-`Imraan: 16). “ … our Lord, avert from us the torment of Hell. Verily, its torment is ever an inseparable, permanent punishment. Evil indeed it is as an abode and as a place to dwell” (Al-Furqan: 65, 66). May we all benefit from the Glorious Qur’an.

Second Khutbah

Praise be to Allah, the Originator, the restorer, who effects all He wills, I praise and thank Him. Exalted is He, for it is with gratitude that one’s blessings last and are increased. I testify that there is no god but Allah, Who has no partner, and that Muhammad (Salla Allahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) is His Servant and Messenger who has warned all people, be they near or far. May Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him, his household, his wives, his companions, and those who piously follow their example until Judgment Day.

O People, the mention of the Hellfire terrifies the hearts of those who are afraid of it and dispels sleep from the eyes of worshippers.

Fellow Muslims, contemplate the Day of Resurrection with your hearts, think of the destination of the two kinds of people, either to paradise or to the Hellfire, and determine which of the two you want and ponder with your imagination. Make your hearts and your bodies sense the heat of the Hellfire, its fetters, its depths, its fuel, its rocks, its chains and shackles, its boiling fluid, its dark murky fluid. Think of the Blazing fire and its severely intolerable heat. Cry and call on one another to cry. Visualize in your hearts the image of the wrongdoers being tormented in the flames of the Hellfire. Allah says which translates as: “They shall have coverings of fire, above them and covering beneath them … ” (Az-Zumar: 16). “ … whenever it abates, We shall increase for them the fierceness of the fire” (Al-Isra’: 97). “Seize him and fetter him. Then throw him in the blazing fire. Then fasten him with a chain whereof the length is seventy cubits” (Al-Haqqah: 30-32). “In fierce hot wind and boiling water. And shadow of black smoke. Neither cool, nor good” (Al-Waqi`’a: 42-44).

So, fear Allah so that He may have mercy on you. O Allah, we seek refuge with You from Hellfire, and from any word or deed that may bring us near to it. Avoid the Blazing Fire, that Abode that has been reserved for the disbelievers.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
06-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

All Sermons by Shaykh Saalih Ibn Humaid will posted in this thread InshaAllah

Pk_#2
12-19-2007, 01:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

All Sermons by Shaykh Saalih Ibn Humaid will posted in this thread InshaAllah
JazakAllah 'Ubaydullah,

Where are the rest of them then Far7an?

Stay active brothers!

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Ummu Sufyaan
12-19-2007, 01:19 PM
:sl:
whats the khutbah about?
:sl:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd al-Baari
04-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh

The Evils of Smoking

Khutbah By

Shaykh Saalih ibn Humaid

Imam & Khateeb of Masjid Al-Haram

Delivered on 28th Rabiul Awwal 1429 – 4th April 2008

All praise is due to Allah and He deserves all Praise. All that is good is in Allah’s hands and He has the power over all things. I praise Allah and thank Him for His abundant blessings and favours. I bear witness that there is no God except Allah, the only One God, who has no partner in worship. Glory be to Allah, the unique God who has no equal. I bear witness that Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) is Allah’s servant and messenger. He brought us all that is good and warned us against all that is evil. Oh Allah, send your peace and blessings upon Muhammad, his family and companions, and whomever follows them in righteousness.

Oh people, I advise myself and you to fear Allah. Fear Him so that He may have mercy upon you. Hasten to do good deeds and turn unto Allah in repentance before deaths comes upon you, as no one knows the time death will come. How can a person expect to attain Jannah if he is negligent of these teachings. How can it be that one turns sincerely to Allah in repentance while he does not care about his fate in the hereafter? Indeed happiness and success are with the person who keeps in mind that Allah is Ever Watching over him.

Fellow Muslims, stand before Allah in submissiveness, pray to Him in humility, and weep tears of regret in fear. Allah says: “On the Day when every person will be confronted with all the good he has done, and all the evil he has done, he will wish that there were a great distance between him and his evil. And Allâh warns you against Himself (His Punishment) and Allâh is full of Kindness to the (His) slaves.” [Surah Ale 'Imraan: Ayah 30]

Fellow Muslims, Islamic law enjoins all that is beneficial and forbids all that is harmful. In other words, our Islamic law is based on providing and promoting benefits and preventing and reducing harm and evil. Therefore, Allah permits good things and forbids bad ones. Allah says: “They ask you (O Muhammad) what is made lawful for them. Say: (all) good things are made lawful for you…” [Surah Ma'idah: Ayah 4] An essential part of the Prophet’s (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) mission was enjoin the good and forbid the evil, and make pure things lawful and make the impure things unlawful.

This principle is stated by Islamic law and agreed on by all schools of thought, so let us ponder on the great catastrophe that is being inflicted on society and about which all wise individuals are upset, not to mention the efforts by physicians and scholars to stop it. It is smoking. Many specialists say that the greatest threat to human health these days is smoking. They also say that people are not as weak when facing an enemy as they are when confronted with the issue of smoking. This habit brings about destruction, defeats people, and kills them. It destroys peoples health and threatens the safety of children. It causes misery to families and a great deal of dispute. It also effects the economy and the success of nations. I am talking about all kinds of smoking and the chewing of tobacco. Smoking is a real enemy to humanity and destroys people. Smoking is a widespread habit which is the most dangerous. Educators, media staff, psychologists, economists, sociologists, doctors, and the Ulama all agree that this habit is dangerous to humans and that it should be prevented and resisted as well as all the means that lead to it.

No one denies that smoking is a negative thing and harmful to humans, and moreover, it has no benefit. Also no one denies that it causes destruction, loss, and great harm to human health. A smoker obtains no benefit from smoking but only allows poisons to enter his body. The whole matter ends up in ashes. It is not just smoking, but the problem lies in poison and poisonous gases that enter the smokers blood, thus destroying his health and his mind. Smoking is a disease which causes destruction to the family and society.

Oh servants of Allah, I am not exaggerating. Let me explain some more things to you on this subject. Physicians and doctors state that smoking causes cancer of the throat and lips. It also causes cancer of the tongue and pharynx as well as the oesophagus and the urinary bladder. It also causes bronchitis and diseases in the blood vessel. Moreover, it causes stomach ulcers. Continuous smoking may also cause heart attacks. What do you think will happen to a person who smokes tens of cigarettes a day? The World Health Organization and medical institutions state that smoking is the most serious danger to ones health. It is the second most common cause of death. Most people who die lived a bad life because of the diseases caused by smoking. Most people who are afflicted by this disease have this problem because of smoking. The number of those who die due to smoking exceed the number of those who died because of drugs, plagues, leprosy, tuberculosis, and AIDS. This comparison is not intended to belittle the danger of these other diseases, especially drugs and AIDS. This is just meant to show the danger of the great disease of smoking.

Smoking affects the whole body, including the respiratory system, the heart, the teeth, the brain, the digestive system, the nervous system, and the skin. It makes a person age more quickly. It also causes sleeping disorders, depression, infertility, and disorder in the menstrual cycle and as well causing harm to the unborn child. Specialists stress the fact that smoking opens up a way for drug addiction as well as immorality and irresponsibility. Smokers tend to tell lies and steal easier. Concerning the negative effects of smoking on the economy, it brings about poverty, bankruptcy and economic destruction.

If you look at the issue of smoking in the light of the diseases we mentioned earlier as well as the economic consequences, the one who has a conscience must do something to prevent smoking. Statistics failed to indicate the exact extent of the negative consequences of smoking in terms of the economy and financial institutions. In reality, smoking causes harm to smokers as well as non smokers. It is enough to say that in this regard the cost of health care for the smokers exceeds hundreds of millions. Unfortunately half of all the smokers around the world are from third world countries. This is not to mention the economic consequences on the individuals themselves and personal health care costs paid by the family. Smokers may pay a lot of money to cure themselves and their families from the negative effects of smoking, such as coughing, allergies, and weak immunity. The money and funds that are spent on smoking and health care revenues exceed the revenue in producing tobacco and selling it. Countries around the world loose billions of dollars and the number of victims are increasing. Victims include smokers and non smokers. In some countries, medication for the side effects exceed a third of the nations budget. The consumption of smoking increases the gap between the poor and the rich. The families of smokers in poor countries cannot secure the necessities of life including health and education. The annual cost of smoking may b sixty times more than the cost spent on health care and double that given to education. It is a big sin for the countries who should care for their people and it is also a sin for the individuals themselves as it causes loss to the family. These are some of the negative effects of smoking in relation to the economy and health.
Another aspect we have to stress on is passive smoking, which is the involuntary inhalation of tobacco. The pollution caused by smoking affects clothing and walls and ceilings of houses. Passive smokers inhale tobacco and all the poisons that affect the smoker will also affect the passive smoker. This requires preventive actions to protect individuals and the society. Studies prove that the campaigns that are held to prevent smoking are largely ineffective, especially in public places such as schools, restaurants, transportation stations. Therefore, it is the duty of everyone to resist the trend to smoke and its industry.

Dear smokers, kill smoking before it kills you. Break the shackles of smoking before it imprisons you. Protect yourself, your wife, your children, your family, and your wealth. Listen to the information provided by the scientific studies on this subject. These reports stress that by quitting smoking it will improve the persons health and economic situation. If you stop smoking, you will have more benefit for your health than medication. It is sure that smokers love their family and they have pure hearts, however they have been afflicted by this destructive disease. They do not deny the harmful effects of smoking. Also, they may confess that smoking is a sin and a prohibited action and they may wish that they could quit in one day and stop this bad habit once and for all. From this point, it is a duty on everyone to help such people and encourage them to quit and to make it easy for them to do it.

Dear smokers, listen to this beautiful statement said by Ibn al Qayyim (Rahimahullah): “It is difficult to abandon a habit or something that you like, if you do not do it for Allah’s sake. Likewise, if he leaves that habit or something he likes for Allah’s sake, it will not be difficult. It will only be difficult in the very beginning. He will be tested if he will continue or not and if he is sincere in seeking Allah’s pleasure or not. So if he proves to be steadfast in leaving the bad habit and bears this difficulty in the very beginning the whole thing will become easy for him.” So dear smokers, be serious and be courageous and make the decision today to quit. After that remain steadfast in your decision. Try to reduce the harm of smoking to yourself and to other people around you. Beware of introducing the habit of smoking to others, whether young or old. When you quit smoking and Allah the Almighty helps you to rid yourself of this habit, the result will inshaAllah be a long life and good health. You will also look younger and feel younger. Your sense of taste will increase and you will save a lot of money and lead a happier life. This is not to mention that you will receive Allah’s reward in the hereafter for those who believe in Him and trust in Him. I am addressing this issue now to the decision makers. All the categories of society including educators, doctors, reformers, traders and scholars have to cooperate to save the smokers and the society from this disease.

Oh people, cooperate with one another in righteousness and piety and do not cooperate in sin and transgression. Seek to protect the nation, protect the youth, protect peoples health and the economy. Protect the wealth, and indeed the greatest wealth of the society is its youth. You could do this by combing efforts and having a strong determination along with strict laws. In this way we can get rid of this habit and remove it completely. Unfortunately our region is classified as one of the most afflicted places when it comes to smoking. Moreover, our region is one of the largest markets for these harmful commodities. We have to implement strict laws that prevent smoking and restrict it in all public institutions and places. Advertising and promoting smoking should not be allowed. Strict instructions have to be given to people on the dangers of smoking. If such instructions are given by people of authority then the people will abide by these rules and reap the benefit. Allah says: “And spend in the Cause of Allāh and do not throw yourselves into destruction (by not spending your wealth in the Cause of Allāh), and do good. Truly, Allāh loves Al-Muhsinūn.” [Surah Baqarah: Ayah 195] Destruction inevitably ends up in ruin.

Fellow Muslims, I ask Allah to bless us all with the noble Quraan and benefit us with all its clear signs and with the guidance of the Prophet (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) and his judicious speech. I ask Allah’s forgiveness for me, you and all the Muslims. So ask Him to forgive you, indeed He is the Most Merciful, the Oft-Forgiving.

Part 2

All praise is due to Allah and all people should praise Him. I praise Allah and thank Him. I bear witness that there is no God except Allah, the only One true God, who has no partner in worship. What Allah wills will be, and what He never wills will never be. And I bear witness that Muhammad is the servant and messenger of Allah, who was sent to mankind and jinn. May Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him, and upon his companions and all those who follow them in righteousness until the day of Judgment.

Fellow Muslims! Smoking is a great destruction. It is a great disease that has afflicted many people including those who are learned and those who are ignorant, the rich and the poor. A smoker only gains bad health, so it clear that a production industry and marketing in tobacco are all destructive means that we can never accept or defend. Tobacco manufacturers spread death and destruction everywhere. This destruction affects the environment and causes great losses in terms of wealth and property. Indeed it is trading in loss. Everyone will lose, the trader, the buyer, the producer, and the smoker, as well as the importer and the exporter. On the day of Judgment a person will not move from the place of judgment until he is asked about his health and how he used it, his money and how he spent it, and his life and how he used it. People can never escape these questions on the day of Judgment. Look deeply into the commercials about smoking and see how people deceive and tempt others. See how they draw simple people into adopting this habit. This is not to mention how this market is involved in deception and bribery and the pressure of the people involved in this harmful business apply to the decision makers. This is indeed disloyalty and treason to their people. Smoking is an industry of death and trading in it is destruction.They address the youth and young children including the girls. Protect yourself from falling into this habit that destroys your soul and spoils health. It weakens a person’s strength and wastes money. Oh youth, beware of being deceived. Do not be deceived and think that smoking is a sign of manhood or adulthood. Do not think that it is the sign of independence.

Oh people, fear Allah and protect yourself and families and protect your wealth and property. Fellow Muslims, invoke Allah’s peace and blessings on the selected Prophet and chosen Messenger, Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam). Allah says “Allâh and His angels send Salât on the Prophet. O you who believe! Send your Salât on him, and greet him with the Islâmic way of greeting.” [Surah Ahzaab: Ayah 56]

WaAlaykumus Salaam Warahmatullah :peace:

AbuSalahudeen
04-12-2008, 11:02 PM
Mashallah Jazakallah Khair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.