Empowering Muslims in the light of Media
Ok just a little piece from me on our vision.
Firstly for the muslims to succeed we must stick to the quran and sunnah of the prophet saw.
Second, muslims will only succeed if we do not make our little differences, large. < Unity.
What will push us to the forefront of society is our ability to sway the media, now there is a lot of issues with politics and muslims etc, politics does exist sharia, law, running a country, all politics, but when you say politics to some muslims instantly they think "democracy", "out to kill muslims", "destroying sharia", so what I will just say on this issue is that, yes sharia is the way forward for muslims in muslim populated countries.
How the caliphate is implemented, how it works etc can be discussed with scholars inshaAllah. What is always right is that the caliph is at the top of the hierarchy.
For example, in britain all laws need to be passed through the queen for approval. She is at the top of the hierarchy.
People normally voted in as ministers of this and that, are normally people who have studied a specific field, now in islam they need to have studied islam and be knowledgable in the field they would like to be part of, say the education ministry, the muslim should be educated in this area.
But this is all something else, this is not what we are here to discuss. This can be discussed later.
So coming back to how muslims can be empowered and what our vision is on this site, we have already said muslims must practice quran and sunnah, etc, now we are going to look at practical measures that the muslims must take:
1) Become a driving force in the media
2) Become a very strong community with business, driving the economy forward.
The power of the media
We will look now at the biggest power that runs the media, the power of israel in the US.
I quote from the Joint chiefs of staff, this is part of the military wing of the united states. One of the highest sections. It is the panel of high ranking generals and admirals from each part of the american military.
"I've never seen a president --I don't care who he is-- stand up to them [the Israelis]. It just boggles your mind. They always get what they want. The Israelis know what's going on all the time. I got to the point where I wasn't writing anything down. If the American people understood what grip those people have on our government, they would rise up in arms. Our citizens don't have any idea what goes on."
-- Admiral Thomas Moorer of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. (See Washington Report 12/1999, p.124 quoting from Andrew Hurley's book, "One Nation Under Israel")
In 1973, Chairman Senator Fullbright says on CBS about the policy of the congress, how 80% are in total support of whatever israel wants.
"The Israelis control the policy in the congress and the senate ... somewhere around 80 percent of the senate of the United States is completely in support of Israel -- of anything Israel wants...."
-- Chairman Senator Fullbright, 10/07/1973 on CBS' "Face the Nation".
There are more quotes below from various people:
"The Israeli Prime Minister has a lot more influence over the foreign policy of the United States in the Middle East than he has in his own country."
-- Former Congressman Paul Findley, in his book They Dare to Speak Out, p. 92.
"We have exhausted our requests. President Clinton has answered all our needs. There has been no American president in history like President Clinton, in his support of Israel and the Jewish people."
-- Shimon Peres (From Washington Report, July 1996, pg. 17)
"President Clinton behaves like an obedient child of Israel and does not know how to say `No.'"
-- Nahum Barnea, Israeli writer (From Washington Report, July 1996, pg. 17)
"There is definitely an anti-Arab bias in America, and I regret it"
-- Peter Jennings cited in Alfred Lilienthal's 1982 Zionist Connections II, p.273, citing Edmund Ghareeb, The American Media and the Palestine Problem, Journal of Palestine Studies, Autumn 1975, Winter 1976.
"The Capitol Hill is an Israeli occupied territory".
-- Patrick Buchanan (St. Louis Dispatch, 10/20/1990).
"I am aware how almost impossible it is in this country to carry out a foreign policy [in the Middle East] not approved by the Jews. [Former Secretary of State George] Marshall and [former Defense Secretary James] Forrestral learned that"
-- Sec. of State John Foster Dulles in Feb. 1957 quoted on p.99 of Fallen Pillars by Donald Neff
"... terrific control the Jews have over the news media and the barrage the Jews have built up on congressmen .... I am very much concerned over the fact that the Jewish influence here is completely dominating the scene and making it almost impossible to get congress to do anything they don't approve of. The Israeli embassy is practically dictating to the congress through influential Jewish people in the country"
-- Sec. of State John Foster Dulles in Feb. 1957 quoted on p.99 of Fallen Pillars by Donald Neff
"I know I was elected by the votes of American Jews. I owe them my victory. Tell me, is there something I ought to do?"
-- U.S. President John F. Kennedy speaking privately to Ben-Gurion (p.90 A & L Cockburn 1991).
"I do not think I ever had as much pressure and propaganda aimed at the White House as I had in this instance"
-- U.S. President Harry Truman writing in his memoirs about the Zionist pressure to support the partition of Palestine.
____ Media Power
I'm sure we all know about Larry king, the award winning broadcaster, who now runs a show on CNN that is shown world wide, called Larry King Live. Marlon Brando was on his show, he is an Actor, I'm sure we all know about the movie "The Godfather", yeap that is certainly him:
Here is an interesting quote:
"Hollywood is run by Jews. It is owned by Jews, and they should have a greater sensitivity about the issue of people who are suffering
-- Actor Marlon Brando on Larry King Live 04/05/1996
Let's look at a huge amount of articles below regarding Israels media power:
- US Journalists Consistently Ignore Israeli State Terrorism by Sheldon L. Richman (Washington Report 05/1991)
- Media Myopia Some Booby Prizes for Myths, Mistakes, Misplacement, and More by John Law (Washington Report 05/1991)
- Steven Emerson's Crusade by John F. Sugg (FAIR 01/1999). See also Emerson's Ties to Spies.
- Do Jews Run Holywood? (From E! online). Before passing a judgment of anti-Semitism, did you read the mission statement?
- Media Coverage of the "Peace Process" by Noam Chomsky. Excerpts from his book Necessary Illusions (1989). Especially the coverage by Thomas Friedman and the New York Times.
- Media spin remains in sync with israeli occupation By Norman Solomon (10/16/2000)
- Annan Answers Media Critics by Nicole Winfield (Associated Press 01/20/1999). It is a coincidence that the same hard-core pro-Israel columnists (Rosenthal) and magazines (New Republic) that happen to be the ones attacking Annan for averting the bombing of Feb 1998? And why aren't those columnist raising an issue about Ekus and Butler being American puppets? It wasn't until recently (Jan 99) that the US espionage on Iraq via UNSCOM became an issue.
- Link 1 and Link 2 Media critics and books.
- Netanyahu Benefits from Chronic Media Bias by Norman Solomon (02/14/1997)
- CAMERA and FLAME Pressuring U.S. Media by Mitchell Kaidy (Washington Report 07/1993)
- Washington Post Responds to CAMERA's Andrea Levin. (Commentary 02/1998) CAMERA pro-Israel organization that ensures the Western Press present "accurate" information about Israel (i.e. information in line with pro-Israel themes).
- "Extremist" Author Silenced for Lack of "Moderate" Opponent by Sam Husseini (FAIR 1993)
- Zuckerman Unbound by Sam Husseini and Jim Naureckas (FAIR 02/1993)
- Repetition doesn't make a lie the truth -- this is how I know by Charley Reese (Orlando Sentinel 05/23/1999).
- Book on Times' Editor Helps Explain Media Bias for Israel by Alfred Lilienthal (Washington Report 06/1989)
- American Jewish Fantasies of Israel: Coping With Cognitive Dissonance by Leon Hadar (Washington Report 08/1989). Discusses how the image of Israel in the minds of American Jews is basically a fantasy that is quite different from reality. Also, tells how the Israeli Hebrew press describes a vastly more accurate picture of the events and sins of Israel, than the image of Israel in Ameircan Jews' minds. When not told about the origin of some Israeli press articles they were asked to examine, most of American Jews thought it was from an anti-Semitic or anti-Israel Arab press. No one guessed it was the Israeli press. The difference between the Israeli and the American Jewish press are a further testament to that.
Israel Know the power of the media
- "...of an average of 3,000 olim from the US each year, there are more than a few, and perhaps far too many compared to other communities, with a tendency toward acute extremism, to the point of violence"
-- Eitan Haber quoted in the Jerusalem Post at http://www.jpost.com/com/Archive/26.Oct.1999/.
Knowing the power of the media, Israel selects its officials based on their knowledge of American manners and culture, i.e., have the ability to: play on the right emotion, maneuver skillfully to avoid sensitive issues, focus on irrelevant but catchy buzz-words, hence deceiving the American public who pays the bill, as explained by Israel Shahak (Washington Report 11/1996). This was the case of Benjamin Netanyahu who was "discovered" in July 1982 by Moshe Arens (then foreign minister) who needed somebody with American manners to "explain" the invasion of Lebanon to congress. When the issue concerns the Palestinians, Israel bases its actions not necessarily on morals, (rarely so in fact), but on the optimal way to avoid media attention. Here are two such illustrations by prime ministers Netanyahu and Rabin. The Rabin example also illustrates the difference in style, but with the similar outcome (as far as the Palestinians are concerned), between Labor and Likud:
: While campaigning for the prime ministership, he criticized his Labor party opponents for missing an opportunity during the Tiannamen Square massacre. "Had he been prime minister, he said, he would have seized the chance then, while the world was watching China, to carry out the transfer of the Palestinians."
-- p. 137 Washington Report 09/1998
: Blaming Netanyahu for opening the tunnel in 1996 which caused riots and the killing of about 70 people, mostly Palestinians. Barak said that Netanyahu did it the wrong way. Instead of opening the tunnel directly, he should have first announced some new housing for Palestinians, to distract the media, THEN open the tunnel.
"For all its faults, Labor has done more and remains capable of doing more in the future [in expanding Jewish settlements] than Likud with all of its doing. We have never talked about Jerusalem. We have just made a 'fait accompli.' It was we who built the suburbs in [the annexed part of] Jerusalem. The Americans didn't say a word, because we built these suburbs cleverly.
--Washington Report article
by Paul Findley
(11/1994). Cleverly of course means without drawing American media attention. This difference in style (never mind Palestinian rights) makes Labor more favorable to U.S. leaders than the more embarrassing, in-your-face style of Likud.
So now we all already know about Israels power in the media, it is understandable that muslims also need to empower themselves, get into the media, start there own media, and that is what we are here to do, and ahead of them also, there is a new concept called citizen media, and if we get there in time, soon we can infact be ahead of any other media source. We can be the future. Help us inshaallah and we will push us forward into the new media, digital age.
InshaAllah if you can help us grow, our ability to get into the media is very large, we are teaching people skills that no other site is doing, we have a vision that no other site has and is actually persuing it.
Don't let that vision be forgotten and lost by not helping, this is the reason the muslims also fail, you and I both know that this is a way forward, but some muslims do not wish to help maybe out of lazyness or for a geniune reason.
But one thing is for sure, that if we get your support, every single person here, we will succeed, do you want muslims to be percieved as evil in the media?
If not then there is not much longer till that becomes a thing of history, help us with this as we push the new media age forward.