/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why is Kashmir ignored?

jundub
09-17-2006, 01:17 PM
For the last seventeen years the people of Kashmir have been fighting to rid themselves of the brutal Hindu dictatorship of India. During these years, 100,000 people have laid down their lives, defenceless people have been massacred, women have been raped and houses burnt down. Yet, with the exception of Pakistan, not a single Muslim country has raised any protest about Kashmir. In fact, countries like Iran, Saudi and UAE, maintain close ties with India.

On forums like this one, Kashmir hardly ever gets a mention. It's always 'Palestine, Palestine, Palestine'. Kashmiris are currently living under the occupation of 600,000 Indian soldiers: that's 1 Indian soldier for 5 Kashmiris. Yet, I never hear anyone raising the issue of Kashmir, whenever there is a discussion of Muslim grievances. Is it because Kashmiris are not Arabs?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
09-17-2006, 01:37 PM
:sl:

I'm concerned about Kashmier how do you suppose I help the brothers and sisters there?

Isaac
09-17-2006, 01:51 PM
Personally if you ask me brother, to some muslims, the plight of the kashmiris is not important, to some of the imams, who fail to mention kashmir when doinf du'a for palestine and iraq, because there is no indiciation of opression, to some arabs they are from the land of hindustan, and the are ancesstors of hindus.

To most if not all muslims, the reason why they see it like this is because they dont hear or see about this full stop. Its a shame to see today, that he ummah howevere much muhammed saw tried to rid between arabs and non arabs there is still a blatant predgudice

The way you can help, let the ignorant know that there are muslims in India occupied kashmir. Let them know that they to cry for the help of the arab mujahids. May Allah strenghthen the mujahids who were born from amongst the kashmiris, may allah bless the muhaids from pakisatn and afghanisatn that have helped the opressed of kahmir.

Ghazi
09-17-2006, 01:55 PM

Who are the mujahideen in Kashmier?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Isaac
09-17-2006, 01:59 PM
In all due respect brother there are a few groups fighting, against opressed rule. Some of the well known ones inlcude LeT, Jem, and JKLF. From what i know these are kashmiri based resitance.

Isaac
09-17-2006, 02:00 PM
There have been many muajhideen who have come from across other lands including pakistan and afghanisatn.

Ghazi
09-17-2006, 02:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isaac
There have been many muajhideen who have come from across other lands including pakistan and afghanisatn.

Havn't the mujahideen over there got things under control, is their a need for help.

Isaac
09-17-2006, 02:09 PM
Brother, there will always be need for help. Help should be provided until the land is free from opression. And to be honest it was not like that last time i knew.

Brother if they had control, indian soldiers would not go to the houses of the kashmiris, drag them out and beat confessions out of them. The villagers would not be holding their breath everytime the army decides to walk through the village. They would not be dragged out of their houses, with the young and men of fighting age being taken away on some occasions.

Isaac
09-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Its a very very tricky battleground. Where a mujahid could be eating one day, could be the house which is blown up or its inhabitants killed or locked away the other.

Ghazi
09-17-2006, 02:12 PM
Brother, there will always be need for help. Help should be provided until the land is free from opression. And to be honest it was not like that last time i knew.

Brother if they had control, indian soldiers would not go to the houses of the kashmiris, drag them out and beat confessions out of them. The villagers would not be holding their breath everytime the army decides to walk through the village. They would not be dragged out of their houses, with the young and men of fighting age being taken away on some occasions.

Subhanllah I'd be willing to do my part but I aint got the conections.

Isaac
09-17-2006, 02:20 PM
MashAllah. If you have the sinceire intentions Allah will bring the onnections to you. A point to add, what you say, someone will see or hear. Regardless of what you mean, they will mean otherwise.

Ghazi
09-17-2006, 02:22 PM
MashAllah. If you have the sinceire intentions Allah will bring the onnections to you. A point to add, what you say, someone will see or hear. Regardless of what you mean, they will mean otherwise.

True :)

Vishnu
09-17-2006, 02:25 PM
The only opression in Kashmir comes when terrorists try and "liberate" more of it. Take what you have and go. Violence is always the first choice for a terrorist.

Ghazi
09-17-2006, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vishnu
The only opression in Kashmir comes when terrorists try and "liberate" more of it. Take what you have and go. Violence is always the first choice for a terrorist.

You entitled to your opinion, so hows life there?

Vishnu
09-17-2006, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazi

You entitled to your opinion, so hows life there?
Life in India is good. I'm not on the front lines so, I'm happy. My kids are in school still so life goes on even after terror attacks.

I have no problem with Pakistan, just the fact that Millions of Hindus were displaced because of its creation, similar to the State Of Israel. The All India Muslim League's desire to create a "Muslim" state is similar to Zionist desires in Palestine.

Isaac
09-17-2006, 02:36 PM
exactly my point. Life is good, because your not on the front line. Life is oppressive when you are on the frontline. Ask an civilian how it feels to be on the front line, whether they be israley or palestinian. Kahmiri or Tamel, im sure they would tell you otherwise.

Spare a thought fr those that are on the front line. Which again adds to my point, that unless it happens i your own backyard it doesnt bother us at all.

Vishnu
09-17-2006, 02:39 PM
Ask an civilian how it feels to be on the front line, whether they be israley or palestinian. Kahmiri or Tamel, im sure they would tell you otherwise.
I'm sure someone on the frontlines wants peace even more than the corrupt politicians behind the lines. I'm sure they do not want more "Mujahadine" coming from Arab Nations to blow up more Hindu's and Sikhs and in response have India send bombs onto the houses they hide, and kill civilians.

It is a dangerous cycle.

The last thing we need is more of Islams so called "Holy Warriors" running around.

Trumble
09-17-2006, 02:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jundub
For the last seventeen years the people of Kashmir have been fighting to rid themselves of the brutal Hindu dictatorship of India.
By "people of Kashmir" you presumably mean some of the 60% who are muslim? The other 40% are Hindus and Sikhs. I'd also point out that for the vast majority of the time since partition the Indian regime has been far less of a "dictatorship" than its Pakistani equivalent. The muslim Kashmiris certainly have a case, that's why the Indians have ignored the UN position requiring a referendum in favour of reliance on the highly dubious "Instrument of Accession" signed in 1947. As usual, though, terrorism does absolutely nothing to further that case.

I suspect you are right on why the matter is ignored. Like everybody else the Iranians put their own interests first, and quite happily ignore Kashmir to keep on good terms with India, a large and significantly growing economy particularly in high-tech and defence goods they want and need to buy. Annoy the US, then India, then China (the conflict in Henan province was even more totally ignored) and there 'ain't a lot left. Rather more cynically, I'd suggest another reason it is ignored is that Kashmir is a conflict neither the US or Israel can be blamed for.

Isaac
09-17-2006, 02:47 PM
I see you select your words ignorantly. Your right about the vicious circle. There would be no need for muajhideen to be running around if the indian army did not mutulate, and opress muslims.

And do you know that most of the people fighting the indian army are from within kashmir? There are approximatly 1 to 2,000 foregin fighters in kashmir. And who is talking about blwoing anything up, this thread is about the kashmiri people, the people that are opressed.

By the way i would like to know when and please provide facts, have any of those that were invlolved in the recent bombings in India had any links with kashmir. By the way Kashmir is a little more than a days treck from mumbai. I think you also frogot to mention the mosque bombings, which killed muslims. So any idea who they would e, or let me guess could it be the islamic holy warriors that you refer to?

Isaac
09-17-2006, 02:53 PM
We all know how to blame each other when we want something in return? Right!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/1862414.stm

waji
09-17-2006, 04:17 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Vishnu
I have no problem with Pakistan, just the fact that Millions of Hindus were displaced because of its creation, similar to the State Of Israel. The All India Muslim League's desire to create a "Muslim" state is similar to Zionist desires in Palestine.

Mr. Vishnu ur comparing the making of Israel and Pakistan Brother ur history seems weak Pakistan was made for the muslim people who where living in the sub-continent they were not outsiders Hindus and Muslim were living in the subcontinent and amongs them the land was divided. In case of Israel the jew people were not living there but they were moved from different parts of the world to occupy the muslim land

:w:

KAding
09-17-2006, 04:27 PM
Because Kashmir is a fairly complex issue. While Muslims are a majority, they are so only barely, meaning that there are significant non-Muslim minorities. It is in no way obvious that the Muhajideen have popular support.

If you want to talk about Muslim being oppressed you are probably better off looking at those other largely ignored conflicts in Chechnya or Darfur.

therebbe
09-17-2006, 11:27 PM
other largely ignored conflicts in Chechnya or Darfur.
The Chechens are being ignored because Russia is needed as a counter balance to the USA getting its way in the region, and Russia is an economic backbone to many Arab countries.

The people of Darfur are ignored because fellow Muslims are commiting the atrocities in Darfur against Muslims because of their race. Odd since Islam is against rascism.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-17-2006, 11:41 PM
The only reason I can see is lack of education. If they actually understood Islam and read the Qur'an, these so called Muslims wouldnt do that. I can't claim them to be Muslim. This isn't what one would do. That is IF they really ARE Muslims doing it to other Muslims.

`Abd al-Azeez
09-18-2006, 12:14 AM

Chechnya and Kashmir have been ignored, may Allah strengthen the Ummah against its ememies.

:w:

jundub
09-18-2006, 09:49 AM

I'm concerned about Kashmier how do you suppose I help the brothers and sisters there?
Try and learn more about the place. Read books, websites, newspaper reports (be careful of propaganda though).

You can also visit the place. It's quite easy and very cheap to stay there. Once you acquire a lot of knowledge about the place, and the genocide taking place there, you can then spread this knowledge to other people in the Arab world. You can start even now and get your friends interested in it.

jundub
09-18-2006, 09:51 AM
Personally if you ask me brother, to some muslims, the plight of the kashmiris is not important, to some of the imams, who fail to mention kashmir when doinf du'a for palestine and iraq, because there is no indiciation of opression, to some arabs they are from the land of hindustan, and the are ancesstors of hindus.
Whoever said that has to be taken to Kashmir and he should see for himself as mosques are defiled by drunk soldiers, women are dragged out and raped in front of their relatives, and young men are butchered to death. Its a shame that people like Yasser Arafat and Saddam Hussain supported India on Kashmir.

jundub
09-18-2006, 09:51 AM

Who are the mujahideen in Kashmier?
The leading Kashmiri group is Hizb-ul-Mujahideen.

jundub
09-18-2006, 09:52 AM

Havn't the mujahideen over there got things under control, is their a need for help.
No. There is a puppet government that runs the place, worse than the one in Iraq or Egypt. The mujahideen have no shelter.

jundub
09-18-2006, 09:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
Because Kashmir is a fairly complex issue. While Muslims are a majority, they are so only barely, meaning that there are significant non-Muslim minorities. It is in no way obvious that the Muhajideen have popular support.

If you want to talk about Muslim being oppressed you are probably better off looking at those other largely ignored conflicts in Chechnya or Darfur.
Muslims make up 99% of Kashmir. The minorities live in Jammu and Ladakh, which are separate from Kashmir. Get your facts right, please.

jundub
09-18-2006, 09:57 AM
The leading Kashmiri group is Hizb-ul-Mujahideen.
their website is http://www.hizbmedia.com/

KAding
09-18-2006, 02:46 PM
Muslims make up 99% of Kashmir. The minorities live in Jammu and Ladakh, which are separate from Kashmir. Get your facts right, please.
Ehm. Aren't Jammu and Ladakh part officially part of Kashmir? I thought Pakistan also claimed all of it, not just the Kashmir Valley?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.