/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The first woman space tourist(muslim)

Isma'el
09-18-2006, 02:30 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5355022.stm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kidman
09-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Roots in Iran

At 35, Ms Ansari was one of only two women to be featured in a Fortune magazine list of America's 40 most successful business figures under the age of 40. She was described as "the boldest newcomer".

Ms Ansari has been wearing both the American and Iranian flags on her space suit in training. She says she wanted to recognise both countries' contributions to her life.

I feel very close to the Iranian people and the culture of the country

''I was born in Iran and lived there until the age of 16 and then moved to the United States,'' she said in an interview recently. ''So I have a lot of roots in Iran and feel very close to the Iranian people and the culture of the country.''

Her trip has received limited attention in Iran, although a few days before she was scheduled to blast into space, an Iranian TV channel aired a 70-minute interview with her.

Ms Ansari says she will write the first blog from space. She says that her ultimate goal is to bring her experience and "the ability to fly to space to more and more people and to inspire young woman and men to go into the fields related to space."

She has already attracted praise from Iranians and Americans alike on her blog.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5345872.stm

Mashallah to her... I hope everything is going good, i heard on the radio today that the rocket started having some problems.

Kidman

Trumble
09-18-2006, 05:49 PM
Phwew.. that is one expensive vacation!!

Lina
09-18-2006, 07:54 PM
:sl:

Subhan'Allah.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tania
09-18-2006, 08:03 PM
In the tv news mentioned 20.000.000 $ :hmm:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-18-2006, 08:06 PM
It's really dumb that she even had to bother moving...so much for properly interpreting Islamic laws. Islam doesnt discourage women from learning. The fact that girls were unable to there, as she said, is messed up.

Helena
09-18-2006, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
uhh ur weird..:uuh:
well gee i mean ur disrespecting....dont be surprised when they do edit ur post. :rollseyes
Just cuz she is not covered up completely doesnt mean she doesnt follow. I didnt cover my head for a long time till about a year ago, but i was still very much steadfast in my religion. So please dont assume what u dont know. And refrain from saying things like "she's hot."
She would prolly own u in da face if u said it to her. So please hush it.
alhamdulilah good hear a muslim women in da space.....

all i can is that..intentions dse count..if a person is following da sunnah, islam and Allah(swt) words from the quran.....then her goodness and her intention should reflect her inner and outer side inshalah......shud portray islam....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.