/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shaykh Husayn Aal Sheikh~khutbahs

Arwa
06-01-2005, 06:53 PM
Virtue of 'Laa ilaaha illalLaah'
Shaykh Husayn Aal Sheikh

26, Dhul-Qa'dah 1425 (7, January 2005)

All praise is due to Allaah, Lord of all the worlds. Peace and blessings be upon the Messenger, his household and companions.

Brethren in faith! The greatest thing in this life is to actualize worship for Allaah alone. Tawheed is the greatest goal. The word, 'Laa ilaaha illalLaah' is the essence of the call of the Messengers. Allaah says,

"And We did not send any Messenger before you (O Muhammad (peace be upon him)) but We revealed to him (saying): Lâ ilâha illa Ana (none has the right to be worshipped but I (Allaah)) so worship Me (Alone and none else)."

(Al-Anbiyaa 21:25)

'Laa ilaaha illalLaah' has great merits and distinctions as it has useful benefits and uncountable generous rewards. It has great rewards that no human has ever imagined. Sufyaan ibn 'Uyaynah said, "Allaah has not bestowed a blessing upon the slaves greater than making them know the word 'Laa ilaaha illalLaah'"

It is the beautiful and the firm word. It is the solid handhold and the statement of piety. Whoever adheres to it is saved and whoever neglects it perishes. The Messenger of Allaah said, "Allaah has forbidden the Fire for the one who said 'Laa ilaaha illalLaah' seeking by that Allaah's countenance." (Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim)

Brethren in Islaam! This great word has its obligations, conditions and implications. Al-Hasan Al-Basree said, "Some people say: whoever says 'Laa ilaaha illalLaah' shall enter Paradise.' [But the truth is that] whoever says 'Laa ilaaha illalLaah' and fulfils its rights and obligations shall enter Paradise."

Someone asked Wahb ibn Munabbih as to whether saying 'Laa ilaaha illalLaah' is the key to Paradise. He answered in the affirmative but added, "There is no key that has no prongs. If you bring a key that has prongs it will open the door for you and if you do not, it will not open the door for you."

It is therefore incumbent upon every Muslim to carry out the meanings of this word through establishing oneness for Allaah alone and rejecting the association of any partners with it.

This statement is not just a meaningless word. It rather has a meaning that is greater than all meanings and words. This is because it entails a fundamental teaching that nothing besides Allaah should be worshiped and that all that is worshiped besides Allaah is the greatest of all falsehoods and the most erroneous of all things.

It is a great word that does not benefit its sayer except if they know its meaning regarding what it affirms and repudiates and they believe in it and work by it. The true believer is the one who says it with a definite belief that none has the right to be worshipped except Allaah alone Who is One and has no partner.

It is a statement that demands affirming the worship and sincerity in it for Allaah alone, shunning the worship of all that is beside Him and not to direct any act of worship to others besides Allaah. Allaah says,

"It is You Whom we worship and it is [only] from You that we seek assistance."

(Al-Faatihah 1:5)

'Laa ilaaha illalLaah' consists of a great meaning: It is that the servant should not direct any act of worship, submission or helplessness to anything besides Allaah alone. He does so with a pure monotheism that brings the soul out of the darkness of ignorance and morass of polytheism, and purifies it from the filth of superstitions and delusions. It is a pure monotheism that raises man honourably far from surrendering to any creature whoever he may be. Allaah says,

"And they were commanded not, but that they should worship Allaah, and worship none but Him Alone (abstaining from ascribing partners to Him), and perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât) and give Zakât, and that is the right religion."

(Al-Bayyinah 98:5)

'Laa ilaaha illalLaah' means worshipping Allaah alone and complete renunciation of all that is worshipped besides Him like intercessors and associates, be they noble angels or sent Prophets. Allaah commands,

"Say (O Muhammad (peace be upon him)) "Verily, I am commanded to worship Allaah (Alone) by obeying Him and doing religious deeds sincerely for his sake only. And I am commanded (this) in order that I may be the first of those who submit themselves to Allaah (in Islâm) as Muslims." Say (O Muhammad (peace be upon him)) "Verily, if I disobey my Lord, I am afraid of the torment of a great Day." Say (O Muhammad (peace be upon him)) "Allaah Alone I worship by doing religious deeds sincerely for His sake only (and not to show-off, and not to set up rivals with Him in worship.)"

(Az-Zumar 39:11-14)

It is a word that entails giving all attention to Allaah alone in submission and helplessness, desiring Him, returning to Him in repentance, beseeching Him, having hope in His mercy and fearing His punishment. Those who believe in 'Laa ilaaha illalLaah' do not direct any act of worship to anything besides Allaah. They do not ask anyone except Allaah, they do not rely on anyone except on Him and they do not have hope in anyone except in Him alone. When they slaughter, they do so only for Allaah and when they vow they do so only for Him. They do not seek the removal of any distress and they do not seek any benefit from anyone except Allaah alone. Allaah says,

"Say (O Muhammad (peace be upon him)) "Verily, my Salât (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allaah, the Lord of the 'Alamîn (mankind, jinn and all that exists). He has no partner. And of this I have been commanded, and I am the first of the Muslims."

(Al-An'aam 6:162-163)

Dear brethren! One of the conditions of 'Laa ilaaha illalLaah' is to have the knowledge of its afore-mentioned meanings. Allaah says,

"So know (O Muhammad (peace be upon him)) that, Lâ ilâha ill-Allaah (none has the right to be worshipped but Allaah)."

(Muhammad 47:19)

The Messenger of Allaah said, "Whoever dies with knowledge that none has the right to be worshipped except Allaah shall enter Paradise." (Muslim)

Another condition for this great word is to believe in it with certainty and with no doubt. Allaah says,

"Only those are the believers who have believed in Allaah and His Messenger, and afterward doubt not."

(Al-Hujuraat 49:15)

The Prophet said, "The testimony that there is no deity worthy of being worshipped except Allaah and that I am the Messenger of Allaah: No slave meets Allaah with this [belief], having no doubt in them except that he enters Paradise." (Muslim)

Another condition of this statement is sincerity that negates shirk and showing-off. That is by purifying all words and deeds from all hidden and apparent blemishes. The Messenger of Allaah said, "The most fortunate of all people in respect to my intercession is the one who says 'Laa ilaaha illalLaah' sincerely from his heart." (Al-Bukhaaree)

Truthfulness in words and deeds and in the heart regarding this word is also one of its conditions. The Prophet said, "No one testifies that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allaah and that Muhammad is the slave of Allaah and His Messenger, truthfully from his heart except that Allaah forbids Hell-Fire for him."

Another condition of this word is the perfect love for Allaah and His Messenger, and for the religion of Islaam and its laws. Allaah says,

"But those who believe, love Allaah more (than anything else)."

(Al-Baqarah 2:165)

One must also accept this word completely with one's heart and through one's utterance. One should have a total and absolute submission for the law of Allaah. Allaah says,

"And whosoever submits his face (himself) to Allaah, while he is a Muhsin (good-doer i.e. performs good deeds totally for Allaah's sake without any show-off or to gain praise or fame and does them in accordance with the Sunnah of Allaah's Messenger Muhammad (peace be upon him)) then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold."

(Luqmaan 31:22)

Belief in Islaamic monotheism with the heart should be exemplified through deeds and uprightness. For, pure belief cannot survive without corresponding righteous deeds. Allaah says,

"And who can be better in religion than one who submits his face (himself) to Allaah (i.e. follows Allaah's Religion of Islâmic Monotheism); and he is a good-doer, and follows the religion of Ibrâhîm (Abraham) Hanîfa (Islâmic Monotheism - to worship none but Allaah Alone)."

(An-Nisaa 4:125)

Feelings of the believer in the word 'Laa ilaaha illalLaah' are always connected to his Lord. He carries out His commandments and shuns His prohibitions.

Fellow Muslims! People of 'Laa ilaaha illalLaah' believe that judgment belongs only to Allaah. They believe that He has power over their desires and their souls. Islaam is their law and system. It is the source of their glory and pride. They surrender to their Lord and Creator and submit to His law because the judgment belongs to Allaah alone. Allaah says,

"But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you (O Muhammad (peace be upon him)) judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission."

(An-Nisaa 4:65)

Brethren in faith! Muslim countries are now passing through difficult crises and tribulations. All that happens of afflictions are only a trial from Allaah,

"If it had been Allaah's Will, He Himself could certainly have punished them (without you). But (He lets you fight), in order to test some of you with others."

(Muhammad 47:4)

He also says,

"And that Allaah may test (or purify) the believers (from sins) and destroy the disbelievers."

(Aal Imraan 3:141)

Calamities increases the people of 'Laa ilaaha illalLaah' in nothing but faith in Allaah and in His Messenger and steadfastness upon the truth in terms of belief, conduct and way of life.

"But they never lost heart for that which did befall them in Allaah's Way, nor did they weaken nor degrade themselves. And Allaah loves the patient."

(Aal 'Imraan 3:146)

Allaah says,

"But if you remain patient and become pious, not the least harm will their cunning do to you."

(Aal Imraan 3:120)

The people of 'Laa ilaaha illalLaah' know that their renunciation of the obligations of this word is the greatest loss and perdition. They realize that there is no meaningful life for this Ummah without Islaam. The existence of the Ummah is dependent upon this word and its extinction lies in neglecting it.

Fellow Muslims! The real link that connects all Muslims together is the word 'Laa ilaaha illalLaah'. They should therefore base their love upon it and make their society one body and a firmly-joined structure. It is the link of monotheism that renders all other links insignificant. It is a link that weakens all tribal slogans, racial calls and partisan inclinations. It is a link whose essence is to love for your fellow believer what you love for yourself. The Prophet said, "None of you believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself."

He should also dislikes for his brother what he dislikes for himself of all evils. He should share with him his pains and sorrows. The Prophet said, "The [true] Muslim is the one from the harm of whose tongue and hand other Muslims feel safe." (Al-Bukhaaree)

Brethren in Islam! Manners and good conducts are strongly connected to the faith of the Ummah and its fundamentals. They are rather the embodiment of its values. The people of 'Laa ilaaha illalLaah' possess noble morals and unparalleled values. They are compassionate with the creatures. They are generous and kind to all Muslims. Allaah says,

"And do good. Truly, Allaah loves the good-doers."

(Al-Baqarah 2:195)

Allaah also says,

"And speak good to people."

(Al-Baqarah 2:83)

The Messenger of Allaah said, “The similitude of believers in regard to their mutual love, affection and mutual fellow feeling is like that of one body; when any limb of it aches, the whole body shares the sleeplessness and fever with it.”

The people of 'Laa ilaaha illalLaah' are just, fair and reforming. That is why any behaviour that is unjust, cruel, harmful and unwise has nothing to do with Islaam, according to Ibn Al-Qayyim. Allaah says,

"Verily, Allaah enjoins Al-'dl (i.e. justice and worshipping none but Allaah Alone - Islâmic Monotheism) and Al-Ihsân (i.e. to be patient in performing your duties to Allaah, totally for Allaah's sake and in accordance with the Sunnah (legal ways) of the Prophet (peace be upon him in a perfect manner), and giving (help) to kith and kin (i.e. all that Allaah has ordered you to give them e.g., wealth, visiting, looking after them, or any other kind of help), and forbids Al-Fahshâ' (i.e. all evil deeds, e.g. illegal sexual acts, disobedience of parents, polytheism, to tell lies, to give false witness, to kill a life without right), and Al-Munkar (i.e. all that is prohibited by Islâmic law: polytheism of every kind, disbelief and every kind of evil deeds), and Al-Baghy (i.e. all kinds of oppression), He admonishes you, that you may take heed."

(An-Nahl 16:90)

Fellow Muslims! It is part of the belief of Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah to regard all those who face the qiblah as Muslims as long as they acknowledge what the Prophet brought and believe in all that he said. The Messenger of Allaah said, "Anyone who performs the prayer as we do, faces our qiblah and eat our slaughtering is a Muslim. He is under the protection of Allaah and the protection of His Messenger. So do not betray Allaah in His protection." (Al-Bukhaaree)

Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah do not declare anybody an infidel for whatever sin they commit as long as they do no regard it as lawful. It is a great calumny to declare a Muslim a disbeliever without a proof from the Qur'aan or the Sunnah or the consensus of the authorized Muslims. The Messenger of Allaah said, "If someone calls his brother a disbeliever, one of them has really become a disbeliever. It is either the accused is actually a disbeliever or else the accusation rebounds to the accuser." (Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim)

The scholars' have different explanations for the clause, 'or else the accusation rebounds to the accuser'. The most popular of these is that it only applies to someone who declares other Muslims as infidels and believes that doing so is lawful.

Some said, "The sin of calling his brother will rebound on him."

Some said, "Doing so may lead him to disbelief because sins are harbingers of disbelief."

Brethren in faith! 'Laa ilaaha illalLaah' is a great word that protects the blood, property and honour of its sayer. The Messenger of Allaah said, "The blood of a Muslim who testifies that there is no deity worthy of being worshipped except Allaah and that I am the Messenger of Allaah should not be shed except on account of one of the following three things: a married person who commits adultery, a life for a life and the one who renounces his religion and abandons the community of the Muslims." (Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim)

Muslim reported on the authority of Usaamah ibn Zayd who said, "The Messenger of Allaah sent us to Huraqah, a tribe of Juhaynah. We attacked that tribe early in the morning and defeated them and I and a man from the Ansaar caught hold of a person (of the defeated tribe). When we overcame him, he said: Laa ilaaha illaa Allaah. At that moment the Ansaari spared him, but I attacked him with my spear and killed him. The news had already reached the Prophet (peace be upon him). So when we came back he said to me: "Usaamah, did you kill him after he had said Laa ilaaha illaa Allaah? I said, "Messenger of Allah, he did it only as a shelter out of the fear of the weapon." He (the Prophet) then observed, "Did you tear his heart in order to know that?'' The Prophet then went on repeating this to me."

In another version of the hadeeth, the Messenger of Allaah told him, "What are you going to do with 'Laa ilaaha illaa Allaah' when it comes on the Day of Resurrection?"

It is on account of this that he warned whoever takes arm against the Muslims saying, "Whoever takes arms against us is not of us.

Dear brethren! Fear Allaah and adhere by the realities of 'Laa ilaaha illaa Allaah'. Respect its obligations and conditions in order to attain safety and success.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ABDULLAH SAOOD
06-01-2005, 08:08 PM
Assalamo-alaikum-warahmatullah-hey-wabarakatu

Allhumdoillah summa allahumdoillah, excellent post mashallah. I remember this well as I was in Medina at the time.............

May allah give us the ability to act on what we have read!

Far7an
06-12-2005, 05:53 PM
Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

All Sermons by Shaykh Husayn Aal Sheikh will posted in this thread InshaAllah

ABDULLAH SAOOD
06-13-2005, 07:57 PM
Assalamo-alaikum-warahmatullahi-wabrakatu

All Sermons by Shaykh Husayn Aal Sheikh will posted in this thread InshaAllah
Inshallah can't wait bro

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BlissfullyJaded
06-14-2005, 03:24 AM
:sl:

Everlasting Fundamentals of Islaam
Shaykh Husayn Aal Shaykh
19, Rabee‘uth-thaanee 1426 (28, May 2005)

All praise is due to Allaah Lord of all the worlds. Peace and blessings be upon the Messenger, his household and companions.

Dear brethren! In view of what has beset the humanity of fake terminologies and distortion of realities, the Muslims are inviting the world to recognize the reality of Islaam and understand its fundamentals and teachings so that ideologies that are wrongly attributed to Islaam and that actually blemish it and its adherents might be removed. This should be done with objectivity and fairness.

Further, these realities of Islaam should be learnt, without any bias or desire, from the only the pious scholars.

The Muslims have to invite others to understand the realities of Islaam as a result of repeated attacks that the fundamentals of their religion and their values are subjected to and the ferocious assault that is being waged against their Book and Prophet. They have to make this call in the light of misconceptions that some people have against Islaam.

It is indeed incumbent upon the Muslims to invite the world unto the comprehensive mercy and perfect happiness to which Allaah had guided the Muslims.

O mankind! All matters belong to Allaah alone. He revealed His Book as guidance and mercy. Allaah says,
“Verily, this Qur’aan guides to that which is most just and right.” (Al-Israa 17:9)

Allaah sent His Messenger Muhammad to the entire mankind in order to bring them out of darkness to light and out of ignorance to knowledge; that he may be mercy to all mankind and a source of blessing and reform for all. He says in His glorious Book,
“And We have sent you (O Muhammad) not but as a mercy for all the worlds.” (Al-Anbiyaa 21:107)

O mankind! The religion of Allaah with which He sent Muhammad is the religion of the entire humanity. Allaah makes it a complete system of life that corresponds with wise and perfect fundamentals so that mankind can have happiness in this world and salvation and success in the Hereafter. Islaam is a religion whose greatest goal is reform in all its aspects and forms.

In brief, we are sending a sincere message to the mankind from the pulpit of the Messenger of Allaah. It is a message that contains detailed explanations for the ignorant and a rebuttal against the arrogant ones who seek to attack Islaam through slander and hostility; those who claim that Islaam does not invite to tolerance and that its laws promote violence and violate human rights.

We need to elucidate some of the comprehensive teachings of Islaam that are based upon foundation of reform that can give the entire mankind happiness so that every unprejudiced person will know the greatness of Islaam and that Islaam, with its decisive laws, have endowed upon mankind the fundamental human rights long before these rights are acknowledged by the self-styled contemporary advocates of human rights. It should be made clear to the balanced individuals that there is no law that extensively affirms these rights and gives prominence to them more than the law of Islaam.

O mankind! Islaam affirms fundamentals of liberty in its general sense; a liberty that is unrestrained by mere desires and inclinations but rather controlled by the Qur’aanic injunctions and Prophetic teachings. The goal of liberty according to Islaam is actualization of man’s happiness in this world and the Hereafter. It is a liberty built upon foundations of truth, justice and fairness. It is a liberty that does not allow infringement upon freedom of others. It is a freedom based upon submission to the Creator alone.

It is through belief in Islaamic monotheism that mankind can attain complete freedom from being subjugated by others besides Allaah. It is a liberty that removes fear from the hearts of men and destroys the tyrants who rules their fellow humans through fear and subjugation.

Islaam guarantees the principles of real liberty where it affirms that non-Muslims should never be coerced into embracing Islaam. It rather makes it mandatory on the Muslims to call them to Islaam and explain its excellent qualities to them. Allaah says,
“And had your Lord willed, those on earth would have believed, all of them together. So, will you (O Muhammad (peace be upon him)) then compel mankind, until they become believers.” (Yoonus 10:99)

Some scholars of Tafseer reported that ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab told an old Christian lady, “Old lady, accept Islaam, for Allaah sent Muhammad with the truth!” And the lady replied, “But I am an old woman and death is closer.” ‘Umar then said, “There should be no compulsion in religion.”

There are many examples of this in the history of Islaam that many unbiased non-Muslims testified to. One of them said, “Indeed, Muhammad’s demonstration of tolerance towards the Jews and the Christians was extremely great.”

Dear people! The religion of Islaam comes to preserve human honour and look at human beings through the honourable position Allaah made them occupy. Allaah says,
“And indeed We have honoured the Children of Adam, and We have carried them on land and sea, and have provided them with At-Tayyibât (lawful good things), and have preferred them above many of those whom We have created with a marked preferment.” (Al-Israa 17:70)

In the light of this, all humans are equal in the estimation of Islaam as far as rights are concerned. There is no superiority for anyone over anyone except by adhering to the belief in Islaamic monotheism and piety. Allaah says,
“O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allaah is that (believer) who is most pious. Verily, Allaah is All-Knowing, All-Aware.” (Al-Hujuraat 49:13)

It is also in the light of this that Islaam emphatically commands its adherents to respect the feeling of others. Islaam prohibits insulting the beliefs of non-Muslims so as to avert their attack on things that are sacred to the Muslims. Allaah says,
“And insult not those whom they (disbelievers) worship besides Allaah, lest they insult Allaah wrongfully without knowledge.” (Al-An’aam 6:108)

Imaam al-Qurtubee said, “A Muslim is not only prohibited from insulting the Christian crosses, their religion or their churches; he is also forbidden from doing all that could lead to doing so in order to avoid can lead to sins.”

What the Muslim is required to do is to call others to the guidance of Islaam according to the manner ordained by Allaah. Allaah says,
“Invite (mankind, O Muhammad (peace be upon him)) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islaam) with wisdom (i.e. with the Divine Revelation and the Qur’aan) and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better.” (An-Nahl 16:125)

The teacher of mankind gave us a living example of how Islaam respects humanity. He commanded his followers, “When you see a corpse being carried past you, stand up [as a mark of honour] until it is gone.” So one day, a Jewish was carried past him and he stood up. When he was told that it is a corpse f a Jew he retorted, “Is it not a soul?”

Dear brethren! The law of Islaam was built upon foundations of kindness and calling others unto it. It commands showing kindness to even non-Muslims who are neither waging war on Muslims nor showing aggression to them. Allaah commands,
“And speak good to people.” (Al-Baqarah 2:83)

The Messenger of Allaah said, “Indeed, Allaah ordains kindness upon all things.”

A practical manifestation of this principle is Allaah’s saying,
“Allaah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion and did not drive you out of your homes. Verily, Allaah loves those who deal with equity.” (Al-Mumtahanah 60:8)

Kindness here should be in both sayings and deeds. Al-Qurtubee, in his commentary on this verse said, “It is by being kind to the weak among them, meeting the needs of the poor among them, feeding the hungry among them, clothing the unclothed and saying gentle words to them out of compassion not of out of fear or desire for what they have. It also includes supplicating for their guidance, giving them sincere admonition, protecting their honours, properties, families, rights and interests, and helping them to ward off injustice and to get their rights.

Abdullaah ibn ‘Amr would ceaselessly command his boy to give his Jewish neighbour of the meat of Udhiyah. The boy was amazed and asked him why he did that. Abdullaah informed him that the Messenger of Allaah said, “Angel Gabriel was always commanding me to be kind to the neighbour so much so that I thought he would make him one of the heirs.” (Al-Bukhaaree)

It is in this regard that some unbiased non-Muslims testified to this great quality of Islaam. One of them said, “The Muslims in Andalusia used to deal with the Christians and the Jews in the best manner.” Another said, “Help Islaam and all the causes Islaam promotes – like justice and kindness – to spread all over the world.”

Dear mankind! Fundamentals and the rules of Islaam are based upon achieving excellent moral values that are unfounded in other systems and civilizations. The Messenger of Allaah said, “I am only sent to bring the noble morals to perfection.” (Muslim)

Islaam is a religion of mercy, and aims at bringing the humans benefits. The Messenger of Allaah was once asked to curse the polytheists and he said, “I am not sent as a curser. I am only sent as a mercy.”

Yes! He was the Prophet of mercy and compassion. He said, “Allaah will not show mercy to those who do not show mercy to others.” (Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim)

Mankind has not seen a person who is passionate and merciful like Muhammad. Abdullaah ibn Mas‘ood narrated, “We were with the Messenger of Allaah during a journey. He went to ease himself. We saw a bird with her two young ones and we captured her young ones. The bird came and began to spread its wings. The Messenger of Allaah came and said: Who grieved this for its young ones? Return its young ones to it. He also saw an ant village that we had burnt. He asked: Who has burnt this? We replied: We. He said: It is not proper to punish with fire except the Lord of fire.” (Aboo Daawood)

There are many other uncountable examples that show the compassionate nature of this religion.

Islaam is a religion that actualizes the principle of justice and equality. This principle is not subjected to human’s desires and thoughts but only to an upright criterion which is Allaah’s revelation sent to His Messenger and revealed in His Book. This Book was revealed to affirm the truth, remove falsehood and establish justice in all aspects of human life and at all places and all times. Allaah says,
“Verily, Allaah enjoins justice and kindness and giving (help) to kith and kin.” (An-Nahl 16:90)

All teachings of Islaam are built upon justice even when dealing with the enemies. Allaah says,
“O you who believe! Stand out firmly for Allaah as just witnesses; and let not the enmity and hatred of others make you avoid justice. Be just: that is nearer to piety.” (Al-Maaidah 5:8)

The Messenger of Allaah said, “Whoever does injustice to a non-Muslim who lives under the protection of a Muslim state, or disparages him or burdens him with what is beyond his ability or wrongfully takes away something from him, I shall be his opponent on the Day of Resurrection.” (Aboo Daawood)

One of the popular non-Muslim historians said, “The law of Islaam established the greatest traditions for just interaction. These traditions instil in people spirit of generosity and magnanimity. They are also humane and easy to implement.”

Another said, “However, the Muslims were unlike others, for it became clear to us that they exerted all efforts to treat their Christian and Jewish subjects with justice.”

Dear people! The religion of Islaam comes to preserve the five essential things: the religion, the life, the mind, the property and the honour, as well as all that are affiliated to these five things. Its teachings also cover the protection of lives, properties and honours of non-Muslims who live under the protection of an Islaamic state or who are in a non-aggression pact with the Muslims. The Prophet warned, “Whoever kills a non-Muslim who lives under the protection of an Islaamic state shall not perceive the aroma of Paradise, though its aroma is perceived from a journey of forty years.” He also said, “Indeed, it is forbidden to unlawfully take the properties of the Muslims who live under the protection of an Islaamic state.”

The Hanafee and Maalikee scholars went as far as opining that backbiting non-Muslims who live under the protection of an Islaamic state is also forbidden. This view is supported by the Prophet’s saying, “Whoever bothers a non-Muslim who lives under the protection of an Islaamic state has actually bothered me and whoever bothers me has bothered Allaah.”

When Muslims are in war with their enemies, Islaam gives them directions that are summarized in the following instruction of Aboo Bakr to Usaamah ibn Zayd, “I advise you ten things: Do not kill women or children or an aged or an infirm person. Do not cut down fruit-bearing trees. Do not destroy an inhabited place. Do not slaughter sheep or camels except for food. Do not burn date palms and do not scatter them. Do not steal from the booty, and do not be cowardly.”

Dear mankind! Islaam is a religion that guarantees social security before the modern world ever knew it. Islaam calls to mutual cooperation by ordaining Zakaah and atonements. It encourages voluntary charities to meet the poor people’s need and alleviate their sufferings. Non-Muslims are also entitled to the benefits of this ordainment.

Aboo ‘Ubayd reported on the authority of Sa‘eed ibn al-Musayyab that the Messenger of Allaah gave charity to a Jewish household, and that from then on charities were given to the Jews.

Aboo Yoosuf also reported that ‘Umar commanded the keeper of the treasury to pay the expenses of an old and blind non-Muslim man from the Muslim treasury.

Khaalid ibn al-Waleed was reported to have written in his truce with the people of Hirah the following, “And I give living expenses to every old man among them who is unable to work or someone with a disability or a rich man who has become poor. Each of the above should be excused from paying jizyah and their cost of living should be paid from the Muslims’ treasury as long as they live within the boundaries of House of Islaam.”

Dear brethren! Islaam is a religion that calls to righteousness and guidance. It calls to reform in matters of this world and the Hereafter through kindness and easiness. Some of its basic rules are: “The inconvenience should be removed”, and “hardship brings about facilitation.”

The Prophet of Islaam in one of his admonitions said, “Make things easy and do not make them difficult; and give glad tidings and do not scare people.”

Islaam is a religion that comes to bring about and increase benefits and to prevent and minimise harm. Allaah says,
“And do not do mischief on the earth, after it has been set in order.”
(Al-A‘raaf 7:56)

Islaam is a religion that does not condone inflicting harm on others and does not approve of bothering those who are not aggressors or oppressors. The Prophet said, “There should be neither harming nor reciprocation of harm.”

Ours is a religion that meticulously gives everything its right, as enshrined in its jurisprudence. It caters for individual rights collective rights, rights of rulers and the ruled and rights of the Muslims and non-Muslims alike. All these are rights that Muslims must be committed to as acts of worship that should not be mixed with desire or personal interests.

Dear people! Islaam is a religion that raised the status of woman and eliminated all kinds of injustice and ignominy to which she was subjected for many centuries. It makes her a man’s equal in all aspects of human interactions and in rights and obligations except in some areas in which she is naturally different from man, in consideration of the individual and general interests.

In the estimation of Islaam, woman is the associate of man who cooperate with him to attain a common role. Each of them has a role to play in making the life progress, in actualizing worship for Allaah alone and in perfectly reforming the earth in accordance with the nature, capabilities and qualifications of each of them. Allaah says,
“And they (women) have rights (over their husbands as regards living expenses) similar (to those of their husbands) over them (as regards obedience and respect) to what is reasonable, but men have a degree (of responsibility) over them.” (Al-Baqarah 2:228)

The Messenger of Allaah said, “Women are counterparts of men.” (Ahmad and Aboo Daawood)

The Prophet rather emphasized the right of woman when he commanded, “Fear Allaah as regards women.”

The above are some of the teachings of Islaam that are suitable for the entire mankind of all times and all places. They are principles Muslims are obliged to follow as an act of worship. Therefore, we are urging mankind to reflect and think over these principles, and to compare them with the glittering but deceptive slogans like ‘human rights’, ‘women’s rights’, ‘world peace’, ‘fundamental freedom’ and ‘democracy’ that have rented the air in our contemporary time. These glittering terms are only used to serve the interests and desires of some people. Allaah says,
“And verily, (either) we or you are rightly guided or in a plain error." (Saba’ 34:24)

Fellow Muslims! While we are calling the world to the guidance of Islaam and its light so that it can have prosperity and have its situation reformed, we are also reminding the world of the need to review itself and adhere to the correct criteria. If not, why do human rights become only myths and fairytales whenever it involves the Muslims and their just causes? Why is there double standard in implementing the so-called ‘freedom’ and ‘democracy’ whenever the victims of human rights violation are Muslims? Where were the world’s ‘wise’ people when the Muslims’ lands were being occupied and the Book of their Lord was being desecrated? Where were they when the person of Prophet Muhammad who is the best of all mankind was being vilified? Where were human rights when Muslims were being killed, annihilated and persecuted in different parts of the world? Where are the ‘freedom’ philosophers and human rights advocates of so-called human rights regarding the above glaring realities?

S_87
06-14-2005, 12:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hash
no sudais khutbahs?
:sl:

hehe u can make a new thread for that :D :shade:

JazakAllah khair damsoo and rara *hugs*

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.