Snowflake
09-18-2006, 07:04 PM
On now Channel 4!

byeeee

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
09-18-2006, 07:05 PM
:sl:

I take it you missed last weeks episode.

Al-Hanbali
09-19-2006, 06:33 AM

I watched it but from half way. Does anyone know where I can download it from. Subhanllah :)

Curaezipirid
09-19-2006, 07:16 AM
Alaikumassalam,

I thought I could contribute to the general picture of suicide being discussed with the following:

Once I (who have never regarded suicide as possible) happened to be in a pychiatric ward, since in Australia believing in reality is regarded as insanity. There were mainly drug addicts there though. And a few decent folk truly freaking out and spooked by their own self. (you heard of "Club Med"; well the Australian public health system is called Medicare, so there are generally quite a few suburban mothers locked up for yearly vacations in Club Medicare; and if you can tolerate the medication and the addicts and the nutters then its really quite restful) However, then a German lady turned up who was the real fairdinkum thing. A true schizophrenic. She was highly amusing, and had a calm rational surface about her condition; which she most of all like scaring the young inmates about. She experiences a constant series of hallucinations of type script running through her forehead giving her generally quite self decent instuctions. The hallucinations had been going on for years, and she seemed to believe that they were not at all random, but a decent way to live. Makes you wonder doesn't it? I seem to recall that she said the script was in German.

However, she told me that once her boyfriend, who is also diagnosed with sever schizophrenia, came to her flat, that is on the sixth floor, and told her that he wanted to commit suicide.

She told him that he was very welcome. The roof was just upstairs and the building was high enough that he would be dead upon impact with the ground; but that he was to anticipate no sympathy at all from her if he did. She generally just disapproved of ever having liked a person whom could even contemplate burdening her by being a boyfriend who suicides; and so he never did it.

I thought she was quite clever. Humour was the means.

Wasalam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sahabiyaat
09-19-2006, 01:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dhul-Fiqhar

I watched it but from half way
and i watched the last 30 seconds of it, not fair :cry:

i gt all excited and rushed my mum to the telly and it was all over lol.

Al-Hanbali
09-19-2006, 04:52 PM

Inshallah I am downloading it. Hopefully, if it works I'll put the link up :)

Snowflake
09-19-2006, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazi

I take it you missed last weeks episode.
Yup, I'd only caught it by chance last night and as I'm logged into LI most of the time.. I rushed to tell everyone but it was too late I think :-\

format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
and i watched the last 30 seconds of it, not fair :cry:

i gt all excited and rushed my mum to the telly and it was all over lol.
Lol awww nvm sis. Hopefully Dhul-Fiqhar bro will find give us the link. But I must say it was really disturbing. One sister attempted to blow herself up in the Israeli hospital she was being treated for burns in. To me that is just twisted.

:w:

I R Paki
09-19-2006, 09:43 PM
One sister attempted to blow herself up in the Israeli hospital she was being treated for burns in. To me that is just twisted.

:w:[/QUOTE]

That is very twisted.

Curaezipirid
09-20-2006, 05:24 AM
Alaikumassalam

I guess she was only then trying to untwist herself but was not yet within the full comprehension she needed to match her bravery.

mu'asalam

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-20-2006, 05:47 PM
yeahh, they tried to blow themselves up and they go 2 sum jail 4 failed terrorist attacks ^o) intrestn programme tho i thort sum of da tingz da guy said woz a lil :-\

Curaezipirid
09-22-2006, 06:13 AM
Assalamalaikum,

But seriously, is it a feasible solution in other parts of the world to cordon off a paddock or an empty lot; and put up signs saying : "area reserved for terror (fied rather than ist?) bombers to let off" ?

It seems obvious. But us Aussies are all a bit like that. Even the Muslim web sites in Australia have focussed research upon how to disagree with each other without violence. ("Even", I wrote that as though I am still harbouring resentment towards Muslim Village for not being able to reconcile my individuality with a large portion of the Sydney Muslim community) I meant to say, realistically the flavour of Islam in Australia is markedly effected by comparison to other web sites; effected in a positive way by the general Australian attitude of vigilant malaise in recognition of the postures of hate. (or is that rather a malaising vigilance of unfounded pride in being what nobody wants you to be?)

Hang on, what is this thread I am in? Oh yeah they get all wound up and want to suicide publically in some places. I know a fellow who has tried to kill himself countless number of times and always fails. One time he tried carbon monocide poisoning but ran out of petrol.

Are there suidice bombers who accidentally mix up the jellignite with jelly babies? Making fun of them should cause them to realise what it is in their behaviour that is ineffective for imparting Islam. Something connected with choice I'd reckon. Marches upon the houses of parliament for the right to blow up! Is that a realistic future. If only somebody could find some way to make money from the psychological scars that will be caused by witnessing the poor oppressed cults of suicide bombers marching on the streets for their right to go splat; then may be they could cause such an occurance to happen, and we'll all breath a sigh of relief. There sure are some things better of out of closets. Good on those who spoke up on tele perhaps; but I really ought to have seen the show before commenting that.

wasalam

Sahabiyaat
10-07-2006, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dhul-Fiqhar

Inshallah I am downloading it. Hopefully, if it works I'll put the link up :)
akhee :uhwhat where is the link lol.

Al-Hanbali
10-07-2006, 03:04 PM

Yh sis. I found the link but its a Torrent file. You've got to download it. Its a 700MB file. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.