/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Three Men in the Cave

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-12-2005, 07:47 PM
Three Men Invoking Allah in a Closed Cave

[Sahih Bukhari : Volume 3, Book 36, Number 472]

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar (Radi Allah Anhu): I heard Allah's Apostle (sal-allahu-

alleihi-wasallam) saying, "Three men from among those who were before you, set

out together till they reached a cave at night and entered it. A big rock rolled

down the mountain and closed the mouth of the cave. They said (to each other),

Nothing could save you Tom this rock but to invoke Allah by giving referenda to

the righteous deed which you have done (for Allah's sake only).' So, one of them

said, 'O Allah! I had old parents and I never provided my family (wife, children

etc.) with milk before them. One day, by chance I was delayed, and I came late

(at night) while they had slept. I milked the sheep for them and took the milk to

them, but I found them sleeping. I disliked to provide my family with the milk

before them. I waited for them and the bowl of milk was in my hand and I kept on

waiting for them to get up till the day dawned. Then they got up and drank the

milk. O Allah! If I did that for Your Sake only, please relieve us from our critical

situation caused by this rock.' So, the rock shifted a little but they could not get

out."

The Prophet (sal-allahu-alleihi-wasallam) added, "The second man said, 'O Allah! I

had a cousin who was the dearest of all people to me and I wanted to have

sexual relations with her but she refused. Later she had a hard time in a famine

year and she came to me and I gave her one-hundred-and-twenty Dinars on the

condition that she would not resist my desire, and she agreed. When I was about

to fulfill my desire, she said: It is illegal for you to outrage my chastity except by

legitimate marriage. So, I thought it a sin to have sexual intercourse with her and

left her though she was the dearest of all the people to me, and also I left the

gold I had given her. O Allah! If I did that for Your Sake only, please relieve us

from the present calamity.' So, the rock shifted a little more but still they could not

get out from there."

The Prophet (sal-allahu-alleihi-wasallam) added, "Then the third man said, 'O

Allah! I employed few laborers and I paid them their wages with the exception of

one man who did not take his wages and went away. I invested his wages and I

got much property thereby. (Then after some time) he came and said to me: O

Allah's slave! Pay me my wages. I said to him: All the camels, cows, sheep and

slaves you see, are yours. He said: O Allah's slave! Don't mock at me. I said: I am

not mocking at you. So, he took all the herd and drove them away and left

nothing. O Allah! If I did that for Your Sake only, please relieve us from the

present suffering.' So, that rock shifted completely and they got out walking.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
06-12-2005, 08:07 PM
mash Allah! that just showz hw ppl wer bak in the 7th century n compare it 2 nowadayz.. astaghfirulah

Batoota
06-13-2005, 08:23 AM
:sl:

Ma sha Allah, I think I had heard this before, but it is a good reminder.

65:5 That is the Command of Allah, which He has sent down to you: and if any one fears Allah, He will remove his ills, from him, and will enlarge his reward.

:thumbs_up

Jazk Allah koli khair,

:w:

Ramla
07-19-2005, 10:00 PM
mashaallah, I heard this story when I was about 11 years old, amazing story,
JazakaAllah khair, brother for reminding us this great , amazing story.

It would be great help if anyone of you can tell me where I can find stories like this one, hadiths, or a website I really appreciated (I’m trying to regain my former strength), I have forgotten some of my knowledge, so please . Jazakaallah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
07-19-2005, 10:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramla
It would be great help if anyone of you can tell me where I can find stories like this one, hadiths, or a website I really appreciated (I’m trying to regain my former strength), I have forgotten some of my knowledge, so please . Jazakaallah
:sl:
Sister, theres a site about hadith on the forum www.uponsunnah.com and mash Allah its really good. Hope you enjoy it and benefit alot from it ameen.

Ramla
07-19-2005, 10:35 PM
jazakaallah brother

may allah Guide us all to the straight bath ameen

- Qatada -
07-19-2005, 10:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramla
jazakaallah brother

may allah Guide us all to the straight bath ameen
u mean path? :p lol insh Allah ameen :D

Ramla
07-21-2005, 12:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aqib
u mean path? :p lol insh Allah ameen :D

:-[
Sorry, Spelling mistake, but you know I mean right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I’m know to this form I often get nervous when I’m writing, inshallah I’ll get use to it. :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.