/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Name Ur Fav Junk Food?....here Only.......

Helena
09-19-2006, 08:47 AM
:sl:

this thread is basically about naming ur fav junk food? how frequently u have it?.........if u have it, howmany times...and how it can be stopped as there are disadvantages to junk food....as its not healthy......

u cud raise question such if certain things are halaal in islam...e.g...macdonalds, pizza hut, nandos, and so on...

u can chat anything here...only about junk food.......and remember dont go off-topic...otherwise i see this thread future clearly...closed..closed...

finally u cud also advertise ur fav resturants, or take away shop where u live in....inshalah........

:w: :D :D :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Inshallah
09-19-2006, 08:52 AM
I don't want to invade this thread but i hate junkfood and i don't eat outside food it is very unhealthy for you. If you want to stay in good shape and sustain a healthy life style ignore it.

2 Much FAT
2 Much SALT
2 Much SUGAR

If you eat junk food once in a blue moon it's ok but making it a habbit is not good for your body.

I eat Pizza Hut like once in 3 months with my friends :)

Helena
09-19-2006, 08:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Inshallah
I don't want to invade this thread but i hate junkfood and i don't eat outside food it is very unhealthy for you. If you want to stay in good shape and sustain a healthy life style ignore it.

2 Much FAT
2 Much SALT
2 Much SUGAR

If you eat junk food once in a blue moon it's ok but making it a habbit is not good for your body.
agreed.....this is junk food thread..simply state ur views...anything at all....dnt mind....

good points raised......yeap once in a while is absolutely fine.....that wos me and my family do...once in a while we eat out and about......mostly home made food....

u serioulsy dnt eat any junk food?...woah how can u possibly live? even a sip of coke?......woah.....

Inshallah
09-19-2006, 09:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HAJI_HELENA
agreed.....this is junk food thread..simply state ur views...anything at all....dnt mind....

good points raised......yeap once in a while is absolutely fine.....that wos me and my family do...once in a while we eat out and about......mostly home made food....

u serioulsy dnt eat any junk food?...woah how can u possibly live? even a sip of coke?......woah.....
Yep i seriously don't eat any junk food whatsoever but i live, it's hard at start but you'll get used to it. Haven't drank coke since the midpoint of 2005, something like that i think, always drinking water.

1) I've been working out for the past 2 years so thats why i've stopped eating junkfood. Started eating food with quality.

2) My dad is a doctor and trust me junkfood and outside food for him is a big no no. He know's how bad it is for you and he always tells me that for some reason.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Helena
09-19-2006, 09:11 AM
Yep i seriously don't eat any junk food whatsoever but i live, it's hard at start but you'll get used to it. Haven't drank coke since the midpoint of 2005, something like that i think, always drinking water.

1) I've been working out for the past 2 years so thats why i've stopped eating junkfood. Started eating food with quality.

2) My dad is a doctor and trust me junkfood and outside food for him is a big no no. He know's how bad it is for you and he always tells me that for some reason.
totally understand ya.......it is unhealthy can cause illnesse...in america obesity is increasing even in england.....

yeah water is best....but having strawberry flavoured water(volvic) is that okay?...i usually have that.....

am not frequently eating out and about.......jus once in a while.......trying diff foods from diff cultures and learning how to make diff recipes....

we usually have PFC..thats common in london....which involves chicken and chips, burgers, doner kebab....and so on....

amd me dads fav food is pizza...we usually have that........

or in resturants...we usually prefer to go to arabian places...love chicken shashlik, meshwi moshakol, chicken or lamb shawarma...soo delicious...basically grilled food wid rice or chips....love it....

we dnt have rice and curry outside...cos my mums home made food is the best....nothing can beat that........

as ppl will say that curries are unhealthy too...coz the amount of spice, oil used.......

well...wot can i say...carry on with ur healthy routine inshalah.......

Inshallah
09-19-2006, 09:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HAJI_HELENA
totally understand ya.......it is unhealthy can cause illnesse...in america obesity is increasing even in england.....

yeah water is best....but having strawberry flavoured water(volvic) is that okay?...i usually have that.....

am not frequently eating out and about.......jus once in a while.......trying diff foods from diff cultures and learning how to make diff recipes....

we usually have PFC..thats common in london....which involves chicken and chips, burgers, doner kebab....and so on....

or in resturants...we usually prefer to go to arabian places...love chicken shashlik, meshwi moshakol, chicken or lamb shawarma...soo delicious...basically grilled food wid rice or chips....love it....

we dnt have rice and curry outside...cos my mums home made food is the best....nothing can beat that........

as ppl will say that curries are unhealthy too...coz the amount of spice, oil used.......

well...wot can i say...carry on with ur healthy routine inshalah.......

Strawberry flavoured water is ok because it contains no sugars and i'm positive it is very low in calories. I know for some people regular water does not taste good so they try flavoured. Try not to avoid natural water though. There's a difference between flavour and flavoured not sure if you know this or not but if a product says strawberry flavour it contains no strawberry whatsoever and if the product says strawberry flavoured it most probbaly contains a little bit of it.

It's normal to eat outside food but try limiting it, i used to love chicken shawrmas and shishtawook but i've stopped eating it, once in a blue moon. You are right a mother's home made food is the best, nothing can top that.

Try to avoid sugary foods and limit fast food (deep fried) thats how you get type 2 diabetes. Spicy food is a no no :)

Oh yeah and a good tip for your mom would be if you fry with oil which is pretty obvious use unsaturated oil and try to drain the oil off the food before you eat it, use a small amount of oil. This is what my dad says and my mom follows it strictly :)

Helena
09-19-2006, 09:38 AM
Strawberry flavoured water is ok because it contains no sugars and i'm positive it is very low in calories. I know for some people regular water does not taste good so they try flavoured. Try not to avoid natural water though. There's a difference between flavour and flavoured not sure if you know this or not but if a product says strawberry flavour it contains no strawberry whatsoever and if the product says strawberry flavoured it most probbaly contains a little bit of it.

It's normal to eat outside food but try limiting it, i used to love chicken shawrmas and shishtawook but i've stopped eating it, once in a blue moon. You are right a mother's home made food is the best, nothing can top that.

Try to avoid sugary foods and limit fast food (deep fried) thats how you get type 2 diabetes. Spicy food is a no no :)
woah u sound jus a doc.....we got doc on LI.........

yeah theres always a limit in our house........but usually mix junk and healthy food together....we usually intake fruits and salad time to time....to keep the balance inshalah.......

yeah spicy food shud be stopped...but i love spicy man or even hotter...so delicious...but my mum has started making da curries mild.....less spices....

even in the month of ramadan....we have less fried food..more fruits and salads.....and trying to include hummus and pitta bread or naan this year..something diff i guess...

yeah we do that anyway...wen it comes to frying food....gotta drain it prop......

wot do u mean quality food doc?

Inshallah
09-19-2006, 09:44 AM
Haha i'm no doc but i will be inshallah in several difficult years of studying to come.

Oh yeah and a good tip for your mom would be if you fry with oil which is pretty obvious use unsaturated oil and try to drain the oil off the food before you eat it, use a small amount of oil. This is what my dad says and my mom follows it strictly. Just copied that from above in case you've missed it.

Well by healthy eating i mean food that does good for your body, i can give you a simple breakdown if you want.

Helena
09-19-2006, 09:49 AM
Haha i'm no doc but i will be inshallah in several difficult years of studying to come.

Oh yeah and a good tip for your mom would be if you fry with oil which is pretty obvious use unsaturated oil and try to drain the oil off the food before you eat it, use a small amount of oil. This is what my dad says and my mom follows it strictly. Just copied that from above in case you've missed it.

Well by healthy eating i mean food that does good for your body, i can give you a simple breakdown if you want.
mashalah good to hear that ur plaaning to become a doc......

erm u can give a demonstration if u want...dnt mind at all......

Ubaidah
09-19-2006, 09:50 AM
I haven't touched junk food/cokes/pepsi/ect. in about 2 years.

Inshallah
09-19-2006, 09:51 AM
A lot of people always stress of becoming fat or being fat. Some people have a slow metabolism and some people have an fast one. Metabolism slows down with age meaning you'll slowly gain weight with as you age.

My advice is to eat small amount of meals a day instead of 3 meals make it ummmm 5 or 6. Reason being is for example if you eat outside food your probbaly going to eat a lot of food and if you intake to many calories at once that could turn into fat.

Helena
09-19-2006, 09:55 AM
A lot of people always stress of becoming fat or being fat. Some people have a slow metabolism and some people have an fast one. Metabolism slows down with age meaning you'll slowly gain weight with as you age.

My advice is to eat small amount of meals a day instead of 3 meals make it ummmm 5 or 6. Reason being is for example if you eat outside food your probbaly going to eat a lot of food and if you intake to many calories at once that could turn into fat.
okie dokie...jazaks for the advice doc........havnt had scientific lessons for ages man........:D :D :D ....

shukran.......

Helena
09-19-2006, 09:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JMF
I haven't touched junk food/cokes/pepsi/ect. in about 2 years.
woah u too....seriously ....for two years?......good thing...i guess.....

S_87
09-19-2006, 10:01 AM

pringles! does that count? sour cream and onion once i pop i cant stop!

and theres this afghan place in bradford, if youre ever there then their *chapli kebabs* and naan are wicked! all deep fried so not healthy but its soooooo nice!

i eat junk food, but im not a fizzy drink fan and i dont drink coke/pepsi/fanta any of the coke company drinks. teeth feel so much better :p

------
09-19-2006, 10:11 AM
Dr. Pepper

Helena
09-19-2006, 10:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
Dr. Pepper
yeah i love dr pepper...my family goes it smell and tastes like medicine.....i dnt get it.......

i wud recommend resturants or takeaway...from barakah next to east london mosque....located in whitechaple...esp da meshwi moshakal or shish tawouk is lovely.....tasty...hummus awarma....hmmmmmmm....

nxt up is....K.O (kebabish original, thrill of the grill) located in green street...hmmmm....da grilled chop, sheesh kebab, da whole baby chicken grilled and chicken shashlik....soooooooo.....delicious......da price is reasonable......4 ppl can have food for twenty pounds.....

and...crystals one of my fav...its located in holloway road.....darn the chicken beyti...its excellent man...srved wid rice or chips and salad........love it..love it.....

cant remember wots it called but many edgware resturants.......are good to...chicken shawarma.......

Tania
09-19-2006, 10:57 AM
I eat Pizza Hut like once in 3 months with my friends :)
Pizza is not junk food:heated: Its very healthy and contains vegetable, cheese:)

Mawaddah
09-19-2006, 01:45 PM
^ :lol: now that's the first time I've heard someone put it that way :lol:

My father has turned into a health freak lately :rollseyes so we haven't had junk food for aaaaaaages. I haven't drank a can of soda for almost a year now and I've lost taste for it already :)

My fav junk food? Does chewing gum count? lol.....I love chewing gum but my father doesn't let me buy it anymore because he says it's full of chemicals :cry: but once in a while I sneak some anyway

Mmmmm......Most of the time I just snack on fruits, and I particularly love sour stuff like tamarind but thats' not junk food is it :D

Well I guess I dont belong to this thread then :)

S_87
09-19-2006, 01:50 PM

chewing rocks. though one is never enough for me :lol:

Mawaddah
09-19-2006, 01:54 PM
^ What's that? :eek: you mean real rocks? :ooh:

Salmaan
09-19-2006, 01:55 PM
masha'Allah I don't eat junk food. :D

Tania
09-19-2006, 02:11 PM
I think we should define junk food:-\

aamirsaab
09-19-2006, 02:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
Food that makes you go umm

:p.

Duhaa
09-19-2006, 02:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
^ What's that? :eek: you mean real rocks? :ooh:

It's like what you would call candy, hard sticks of sweet.

And yeah, sister amani, they're great. :)

Mawaddah
09-19-2006, 02:27 PM
^ Oh I see :-[ which reminds me, I love blowpops too :)

Salmaan
09-19-2006, 02:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
Junk means something useless which is to be thrown away, isn't it? :-\

So why has the name 'junk' food been given? :?

09-19-2006, 02:29 PM
blowpops? what're they :?

Mawaddah
09-19-2006, 03:42 PM
^ It's a yummy lollipop which has nice fruity gum in the middle :D

ishkabab
09-19-2006, 03:58 PM
NO soda at all!!!!!
and i stopped drinking juice too....well except cranberry and grapefruit juice...
well i love Icecream but once in a while to treat myself...
chips i eat maybe once a month...and candy maybe once a week..
and i do love eating chocolate chip cookies the soft ones sometimes...
and dont forget CHILI MILLIES:D

and dont forget eating out.....:D

*Ladan*
09-19-2006, 04:41 PM
WOOW you all so healthy **** lol I love burgers, Sodas, chocolate I mean everything VIVA Junk food :)

snakelegs
09-19-2006, 11:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salmaan
Junk means something useless which is to be thrown away, isn't it? :-\

So why has the name 'junk' food been given? :?
it's called junk food because it has little or no nutritional value and often a lot of empty calories. it would probably be best thrown away, rather than eaten.

my favourites are coffee ice cream, pretzels and pizza. i rarely eat out except for pizza and there is an individually owned pizza place where i live.
mmmm.....

Tania
09-20-2006, 03:39 AM
So pizza and chocolate are not junk food, right:?
Pizza has cheese which is well known to have calories :-[
Chocolate is good for the brain - in fact if you have to study a lot ,chocolate increase your brain activity:) and for face skin like a bro said
I think cakes can be add to the list too

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.