/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from New member

Vaughn
09-22-2006, 05:43 AM
Much confussion with Islam for me, hopefully the members can clarify for me. thanx, vaughn

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
09-22-2006, 05:47 AM
Greetings and welcome to the forum. I am pleased to see you have a desire to find the truth about the many conceptions Non-Muslims have of us.

Sadly, the media tends to show a poor picture of us. It would be better if people could see that the majority of us are law abiding and peacefull. Islam is really a religion of Peace and tolerance.

MetSudaisTwice
09-22-2006, 09:06 AM
salam
welcome to the forums
wasalam

Vaughn
09-22-2006, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
Hi.

Welcome to the forums...:welcome:

Hope u hv a beneficial stay here.
feel free to ask any questions u hv abt islam.
Thanx, Zak. Mosques are generally closed to the public (in America, at least). And I've been told I'll never get the full meaning of the Koran (Quron) in a translated language. So I was hoping to get some answers here, but I read in the preface material for this web sight that there are no scholars on this forum.

My initial research for truth regarding Islam is turning up many roadblocks. I must be missing something. Millions of people have found (?) Islam to be the final and ultimate truth for them. How did they get there and what am I missing?

tia, vaughn

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Vaughn
09-22-2006, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Greetings and welcome to the forum. I am pleased to see you have a desire to find the truth about the many conceptions Non-Muslims have of us.

Sadly, the media tends to show a poor picture of us. It would be better if people could see that the majority of us are law abiding and peacefull. Islam is really a religion of Peace and tolerance.
Thanx,Woodrow

I agree about the media. But it has it's version of everything (not just Islam) according to it's own agenda...job security and money from headlines. The video clips and the quotes can be informative though...if they were not staged/modified. It's hard (but not impossible) to stay one step ahead of them.

Islam does seem to be a more peaceful form, at least here in America.

glo
09-22-2006, 04:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vaughn
Much confussion with Islam for me, hopefully the members can clarify for me. thanx, vaughn
I can promise you that you will learn much about Islam here.

Welcome! :)

Samira_01
09-22-2006, 04:26 PM
welcome[MOUSE][/MOUSE]

Woodrow
09-22-2006, 04:41 PM
Thanx, Zak. Mosques are generally closed to the public (in America, at least). And I've been told I'll never get the full meaning of the Koran (Quron) in a translated language. So I was hoping to get some answers here, but I read in the preface material for this web sight that there are no scholars on this forum.

My initial research for truth regarding Islam is turning up many roadblocks. I must be missing something. Millions of people have found (?) Islam to be the final and ultimate truth for them. How did they get there and what am I missing?

tia, vaughn
What State do you live in? I have never found a Texas Mosque that did not welcome non-Muslims. I know the Mosques in Austin, Dallas and Houston encourage visitors and most will have numerous English Language pamphlets to answer the most common questions.

I am a revert to Islam myself. There are not as many stumbling blocks as there appears to be. A good start is to ask questions. No body will compel you to accept Islam. That has to be your personal choice.

When I reverted, I did not even know there were any Mosques in Texas. I did have a Qur'an though and read it often. My initial reading of the Qur'an was as a study guide in learning Arabic and not in terms of religion. I looked at the Qur'an as being an example of Arabic Literature.

The Ruler
09-22-2006, 05:30 PM
hiya :)

:welcome:...enjoy ur stay!! :D

:w:

Najiullah
09-23-2006, 05:41 AM
WELCOME TO THE FORUM

afriend2
09-24-2006, 01:59 PM
Salaam,

Welcome to LI, inshallah have a great time here!

Wassalam :peace:

Maimunah
09-24-2006, 02:10 PM
welcome to the forum
have a beneficial stay
wasalaam:)

UmmSqueakster
09-24-2006, 04:13 PM
Thanx, Zak. Mosques are generally closed to the public (in America, at least).
I haven't ever found a mosque here in America that was closed to non muslims. In fact, during college I frequently brought non muslim classmates to the mosque and during Ramadan, we always have non muslims for our iftars (meals that break the fast).

Don't give up!

I hope you get some answers here on this board.

Kittygyal
09-24-2006, 04:15 PM
salam.
welcome to the forum if you have any questions feel free to ask inshalah
w.salam

Vaughn
09-24-2006, 10:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
What State do you live in? I have never found a Texas Mosque that did not welcome non-Muslims. I know the Mosques in Austin, Dallas and Houston encourage visitors and most will have numerous English Language pamphlets to answer the most common questions.

I am a revert to Islam myself. There are not as many stumbling blocks as there appears to be. A good start is to ask questions. No body will compel you to accept Islam. That has to be your personal choice.

When I reverted, I did not even know there were any Mosques in Texas. I did have a Qur'an though and read it often. My initial reading of the Qur'an was as a study guide in learning Arabic and not in terms of religion. I looked at the Qur'an as being an example of Arabic Literature.
I was going to visit a meeting in Anaheim, Ca, but found it was not open to visitors. It may have been an invitation only meeting, not sure. I didn't pursue it any further.

I'm not worried about being compelled to accept Islam, that would only happen if the evidence and force of argument for Islam were strong enough. Then I would voluntarilly accept. Compelling is not the same as forcing with threat of violence.

I've heard that Kuran translation to other languages is not accurate, but does that also hold true for the English translation pamphlets for common questions?
Thanx, vaughn

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-24-2006, 10:33 PM
Hey
Welcome to the forums.
I hope you will learn a lot about Islam and have a better understanding.
Thanx for being here =)
Enjoy ur stay!
Peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.