/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Premiership Footballer fasting

AnonymousPoster
09-23-2006, 05:34 PM
:sl:

Can he avoid fasting on days he has a game and pay expiation for it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
09-23-2006, 06:22 PM
:wasalamex

Ruling on the Ramadan soccer league
http://www.islamqa.com/special/index...ng&subsite=184

For whom is fasting Ramadaan obligatory?
http://www.islamqa.com/special/index...ite=184&ln=eng

Also check:
http://www.islamicboard.com/ramadan-...-new-post.html

And ask your question to a scholar insha'Allaah.

:salamext:

bint_muhammed
09-23-2006, 09:13 PM
i doubt it!

Kittygyal
09-23-2006, 09:15 PM
salam.
i don't think so either, because why would you not fast just cause your going to play soccer i mean come on fast is more important than fast but then again Allah Hu A3lim!
w,.salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Durrah
09-23-2006, 09:28 PM

Freddie Omar Kanoute used to fast during ramandan, whilst playing, when he was at Spurs (I assume he still is now as well for Seville). If he played a game with a 3.00pm kick off, he'd get taken off at half time so he could break his fast. His never stopped practising for his football.

In fact just recently, he asked his current club Seville if they could get him a shirt without the sponsers logo on it, because the sponsers of Seville are 888.com, which are a gambling company. He said he didnt want to promote gambling as it was haram and used to put a white sticker ontop of the company logo, but now the club have given him a shirt without the gambling company's logo on the shirt.

So, i do think its possiable for footballers to practise their faith and play. Its just if they want to and are vocal about asking the club to respect certain religious matters which are important to them.

MH-UK
09-24-2006, 06:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Durrah

Freddie Omar Kanoute used to fast during ramandan, whilst playing, when he was at Spurs (I assume he still is now as well for Seville). If he played a game with a 3.00pm kick off, he'd get taken off at half time so he could break his fast. His never stopped practising for his football.

In fact just recently, he asked his current club Seville if they could get him a shirt without the sponsers logo on it, because the sponsers of Seville are 888.com, which are a gambling company. He said he didnt want to promote gambling as it was haram and used to put a white sticker ontop of the company logo, but now the club have given him a shirt without the gambling company's logo on the shirt.

So, i do think its possiable for footballers to practise their faith and play. Its just if they want to and are vocal about asking the club to respect certain religious matters which are important to them.

Subhan'Allah that's great.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.