/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Center of the Earth???

mehnaz
09-24-2006, 06:38 AM
Assalamoalaikum,

ok...a simple q's...is Kaaba the center of the earth??...

Walekumsalaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
09-25-2006, 10:34 AM
Eh? Isn't the planet's core the centre of the earth?

Unless you don't mean the question literally.

Malaikah
09-25-2006, 10:40 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Eh? Isn't the planet's core the centre of the earth?

Unless you don't mean the question literally.
^lol yeh thats what i thought... the earth is a sphere, im sure you wouldnt want to be at its center! :X

but i think people often say when u look at a world map you will see that makkah is in the middle- but that never made sense to me, because the map only looks like that because someone choose to draw it that way- they could have easily drawn it with a different orientation... soo hmm :rollseyes

Fishman
09-25-2006, 10:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

^lol yeh thats what i thought... the earth is a sphere, im sure you wouldnt want to be at its center! :X

but i think people often say when u look at a world map you will see that makkah is in the middle- but that never made sense to me, because the map only looks like that because someone choose to draw it that way- they could have easily drawn it with a different orientation... soo hmm :rollseyes
The Kaaba isn't even in the middle anyway, the middle of standard world maps is off the coast of west Africa.
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
09-25-2006, 12:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
The Kaaba isn't even in the middle anyway, the middle of standard world maps is off the coast of west Africa.
Semi correction: That is the center of the exposed land mass if the orb is topologicaly represented as a flat surface. the actual physical center of the surface would be any selcted point and for the orb to be unfolded out ward from that point.

Now getting back to the Kaaba as the Center of the "World" would all depend on how world is defined. There could be justification in saying that the Vatican is the worlds center for the Catholic world. Or that the Kaaba is the worlds center for Islamic World.

Now if we were to take the entire space/time continuum into consideration we would have to say there is no center point as all points are transient and no point is stationary in relationship to any other point.

The Ruler
09-25-2006, 05:33 PM
isnt de middle de greenwich thingy majiggy :? :?

Fishman
09-25-2006, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Glacier*+

No, that's the prime meridian. The centre of most western maps is where the prime meridian and the equator cross, which is in the atlantic ocean near Africa.

Malaikah
09-26-2006, 02:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Glacier*+

i think you mean thats were the time thing starts? :?

Curaezipirid
10-20-2006, 07:16 AM
Earth has a magnetic centre of only its crust as well as the magnetism of the poles.

That centre attracts human thought to gather at that place.

Mecca is more or less where it has been for a long time mainly; but every so often it moves.

My comprehension is that it is in the process of a major move and that is why the time aligns with prophesies.

I will state that again: the periods of time about which Allah gave us transmissions of Prophesies through the Prophets (may they be blessed in Allah with Peace through); are periods of social instablity BECAUSE of the fact of movement in the magnetism of Earth's crust.

sort of obvious when you think init

centre was at Paris last I heard but moving of is already begun so we all just got to wait see where it settles

(their are big fights between folk all wanting it to come their way since everybody suppose that their land value should increase - truly way too many folk know this knowledge already) (should be buying that house in New York or London or Sydney or ........)

Its allegory is about the beast 'anima mundi': sort of rubbish talk about Her, the Earth. But apart from using the never right name; the beast is on the move again and ever only a blink can cause a flood. She's like a big dragon or basilisk or dino, or . . . but who is usually asleep. or so it seems.

(The Jinn awakening is where fits to Qur'an)

All of us are at all time far more effected by the large magnetic forces of the Earth and Moon and Sun and Stars than we could be in active knowledge of.

There is a law. You fall towards that which your own gravity is most like.

But Ka'ba connects very strongly wherever there are stones of the same mineral composition; and whereever there are folk whom remember Abraham Ishmael and Isaac.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.