/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone one else doing Aalimah/Aalim classes??

Kittygyal
09-24-2006, 04:12 PM
salam.

hope everyone is in Good health inshallah :wub:

i just want to ask is there anyone else here talking Aalimah/Aalim classes?

i am doing Aalimah classes SUBHANALLAH!!, it's hard but everything is hard at first, am doing it for 9years.

w.salam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
amirah_87
09-24-2006, 04:40 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

What do you mean by "Aalimah Classes" Sis!?

Kittygyal
09-24-2006, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
As Salaamu Alaykum,

What do you mean by "Aalimah Classes" Sis!?
salam.
learning more about islam && reading the Koran in Tajwid && first am learning the basics about arabic inshallah inshallah i hope i do well, but it's dead hard but then again it's good at the end of the day.

1st year urdu/arabic
2nd year persian
3rd year persian 2
4th year Rabi'ah

am taking my islaimc basics for extra year so yeah it's hard but gota be doen
sis are you doing it? i know some people whom are doing it && some whom have quit it && some whom are finished but am learning more about my religion May Allah bless me && make it easier for me inshallah (amin)
w.salam

Kamilah
09-24-2006, 04:47 PM
9 years...???

which jamea is that at? i thought Alimah course lasted 5 years ...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
09-24-2006, 04:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kamilah
9 years...???

which jamea is that at? i thought Alimah course lasted 5 years ...
salam
normally they are for 10years Ukthi, i have an Aalimah coming to my house at teahing me then i will be going to Jamat inshallah once i get out of the wheelchair so now am taking it from an Aalimah coming to my house in Bristol
w.salam

amirah_87
09-24-2006, 04:49 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

MashaAllah that sounds good Ukhtiy Keep it up InshaAllah ;)

I'm not doing it sis, never heard of it!!

Ameen to your Duaah Sis, I also hope Allah makes it easier for you!!

:peace: Ramdhaan Mubaarak Darl' :peace:

Kittygyal
09-24-2006, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
As Salaamu Alaykum,

MashaAllah that sounds good Ukhtiy Keep it up InshaAllah ;)

I'm not doing it sis, never heard of it!!

Ameen to your Duaah Sis, I also hope Allah makes it easier for you!!

:peace: Ramdhaan Mubaarak Darl' :peace:

salam.
inshallah inshallah, am just having faith in my Lord inshallah just remember me in yiour Dua'ah Ukthi.

& Ramadan Greetings to you too
w.salam

Kamilah
09-24-2006, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salam
normally they are for 10years Ukthi, i have an Aalimah coming to my house at teahing me then i will be going to Jamat inshallah once i get out of the wheelchair so now am taking it from an Aalimah coming to my house in Bristol
w.salam
Wow! Masha'Allah sis! ur so lucky to have an alimah teach you at home...my jamea only ran a five year course......you can never have enough Ilm.

May Allah make you a shining star and a true and influencial Alimah..Ameen

Kittygyal
09-24-2006, 04:56 PM
Wow! Masha'Allah sis! ur so lucky to have an alimah teach you at home...my jamea only ran a five year course......you can never have enough Ilm.

May Allah make you a shining star and a true and influencial Alimah..Ameen

salam.
mashallah, am just finding it hard because i don't know arabic or any other lingo apart from my mother lingo English, but then again am learning arabic so yeah it's hard, got sooo many books walahi it's soo much for a little brain but then again Deen comes first so yeah am not going to give up inshallah inshallah.

Ukthi may i ask where did you do yours? && amin
w.salam

Kamilah
09-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Jamea-Al-Kauthar, i didnt finish mine though

Kittygyal
09-24-2006, 04:59 PM
salam.
where's that? is it in UK??, oh you quited or what? why didn't you finish Ukthi for?
w,salam

P.S am so sowiee for asking too many questions am just like Ya allah i hope people can help me aswel inshallah

Kamilah
09-24-2006, 07:32 PM
its a huge beautiful jamea Masha'Allah, located in the historic city of Lancaster.

I left because i'm the youngest in my family, my elder sisters are married...I have commitments at home, Alhamdulillah its better for me to study from home and still carry out my home duties.

Kittygyal
09-25-2006, 06:19 AM
its a huge beautiful jamea Masha'Allah, located in the historic city of Lancaster.

I left because i'm the youngest in my family, my elder sisters are married...I have commitments at home, Alhamdulillah its better for me to study from home and still carry out my home duties.
salam,.
okay atleast Allah knows your intention && knows you wanted to know more about your Deen-Al-Islam so yeah Mashallah you got to a point Ukthi :) , inshallah maybe in the future you can carry on again inshallah lets hope so ;)

so is there anyone else doing it i mean "Alims" aswel? male? female? anyone?
w.salam

Inshallah
09-25-2006, 06:23 AM
I wish you all the best sister kittygyal with your Aalimah classes. May allah help you through with the language barrier. :)

Kittygyal
09-25-2006, 06:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Inshallah
I wish you all the best sister kittygyal with your Aalim classes. May allah help you through with the language barrier. :)
salam.
amin Akhi && am doing Aalimah classes not Aalim thats for boys, anywho shukran Akhi
w.salam

Kittygyal
09-25-2006, 10:05 AM
salam.
so is there anyone else doing them?
w.salam

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-25-2006, 10:10 AM
:salamext:

I'm curious why you have to learn, urdu and persian. And what exactly will you be learning for one year about 'Rabi'ah'?:?

:wasalamex

Pk_#2
09-25-2006, 10:56 AM
AsalamuAalykum,

nah int doing that, but Ameen to the du'as

S_87
09-25-2006, 11:47 AM
:sl:

mashaAllah sis, may Allah make it easy for you and give you understanding of the deen :)

kamilah when abouts didja go to lancaster? :D

Kamilah
09-25-2006, 11:50 AM
I left in 2004....when did u go sis?

S_87
09-25-2006, 11:54 AM
:sl:

i didnt :p a good friend of mine left midway in i think 2003-04 as well :uhwhat so i was just wondering :uhwhat

SHAH G
09-25-2006, 12:39 PM
is there any guys doin Alim coarse cos i;m 17 and i got 6 yrs left

Duhaa
09-25-2006, 01:01 PM
salam.
so is there anyone else doing them?
w.salam
I did do the aalimah course but it was way different from what you're doing, well there are some similarities.....

In ours there are six years. I went to a non boarding madrassah in the evenings to study.
First year: Basics of Arabic grammar. Basically the foundation of the whole course. With vocab and things like that. Stories of the Prophets (in arabic) first part.

Second year: First hadith kitaaab, Zaadut-taalibeen, Basic mas'alas, Arabic Grammar in arabic, rather than urdu and Stories of the prophets (in arabic) second, third and fourth book.

Third year: Usool (name of a kitaab), Qur'aan tarjuma, More harder kitaab of mas'alas and a hadith kitaab - Riyaadhus-Saaliheen.

It carries on like that upto the last year during which we studied the ahaadith kitaab most sacred after the qur'aan.

I've heard of the boarding madrassahs that you lot have been talking about such as Al Jamia Al-Kauthur and the Bradford one. As far as I know they do a similar course with a few different kitaabs to what I have studied.....

shariq_0189
09-25-2006, 01:03 PM
im 16 rite in grade 12 i was supose to start ... but im thinking i onlyhave one year left in highschool..so inshallah after tht, im going for fulltime hifz..then inshallah medina uni. Bro where are u doing ur studies??

shariq_0189
09-25-2006, 01:05 PM
every wher there are diffferent number of years. here in toronto..some Maulana's are teaching 9 year courses..and some teach 7 or wat ever years. after u become Alim or Alimah thts when it really starts, because then u knw how to read the books of hadith and shariah..and how to understand them properly.

SHAH G
09-25-2006, 01:26 PM
salaam bro well i'm going to finish 6yrs alim then go to another boarding skool so i can go to al azhar uni then i will learn from my great sheik

shariq_0189
09-25-2006, 01:31 PM
^ mashallah that is great..where are u rite now..in north america??..im in toronto. Al Azhar is like the best place for islamic studies, i will make dua, just make dua for me and medina Uni and my hifz class.

SHAH G
09-25-2006, 01:51 PM
i will do inshallah

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-25-2006, 01:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Duhaa
I did do the aalimah course but it was way different from what you're doing, well there are some similarities.....

In ours there are six years. I went to a non boarding madrassah in the evenings to study.
First year: Basics of Arabic grammar. Basically the foundation of the whole course. With vocab and things like that. Stories of the Prophets (in arabic) first part.

Second year: First hadith kitaaab, Zaadut-taalibeen, Basic mas'alas, Arabic Grammar in arabic, rather than urdu and Stories of the prophets (in arabic) second, third and fourth book.

Third year: Usool (name of a kitaab), Qur'aan tarjuma, More harder kitaab of mas'alas and a hadith kitaab - Riyaadhus-Saaliheen.

It carries on like that upto the last year during which we studied the ahaadith kitaab most sacred after the qur'aan.

I've heard of the boarding madrassahs that you lot have been talking about such as Al Jamia Al-Kauthur and the Bradford one. As far as I know they do a similar course with a few different kitaabs to what I have studied.....
Now that sounds like an Aalimah course.

May Allah make it easier for all of you.:)

Kittygyal
09-25-2006, 02:47 PM
salam.
well basically am studying from home not in a boarding school because due to my medical thats why but inshalalh once am okay i will be going to a jamat, i have an Aalimah coming to my house everyday, May Allah bless her amin!

Sis Umm_Shaeed, i am studying the basics of arabic now then will be doing persian, i am doing persian because my lack of knowledge on Islam is poor && also i had to choose from different languages but i choose arabic for sure i had no choice or arabic nor urdu, also i am not living in out of my town am still at my house but an Aalimah comes, also i have got more to this course there's plenty more but as i have recently started thats why am doing the intermidiate level to start with, but inshallah i hope i can move on, also am learning the tajwid or Qura'an, also doing this course is just a start for me soon i will go to jamat but the Aalimah that teaches me said to me it will be good if i start now rather than later cause Allah Hu A3lim knows when i be okay so yeah am just trying my best && little by litte, Mashallah sis Duaha i know where your coming from but am not in that condition yet when i go to Jamat then i will do that but inshallah am studying the Qura'an in more debt inshallah. May Allah make it easier for us && lead us to the right path inshallah (amin)
w.salam

Kittygyal
09-25-2006, 02:51 PM

salam.
Mashallah Ukthi May Allah bless you inshallah (amin)!, yes sister i will be doing that aswel but am studying the basics first rather trhan jumping ahead also it's soo hard because wlahai i sit all night reading these big books && studying && learning Ayats from the Qura'an with Tajwid it's really hard but gotcha be done :uhwhat , oh Yes Hadiths are on the way but i want to learn the Qura'an first then go to Hadiths inshallah sis Just pray for me inshallah it's too hard even when am in a wheelchair :cry: But Allah will help me inshallah.

oh if you don't mind at times when i need help may i ask you?
w.salam

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-25-2006, 02:52 PM
Oh ok. They make you do other langauges? I don't know how urdu or persian concerns learning Islam. But sounds interesting, anyway.:)

Kittygyal
09-25-2006, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
Oh ok. They make you do other langauges? I don't know how urdu or persian concerns learning Islam. But sounds interesting, anyway.:)

salam.
i choose them myself but good point Ukthi, i must ask my Aalimah once she comes but the hard thing is when she does come she speaks arabic at times which i should response to her but it's way hard, i study persian because am learning the vowels && adjectives of perisan because i was learning persian already so didn't want to give up, also the vowles are abit tounge twisting in arabic!, also the Rabi'ya is a course which hopefuly once am down to my Aalimah course in propper deatil i will start that but i have got enough time left yet i just need prayers inshallah.
w.salam

Duhaa
09-25-2006, 04:35 PM
salam.
Mashallah Ukthi May Allah bless you inshallah (amin)!, yes sister i will be doing that aswel but am studying the basics first rather trhan jumping ahead also it's soo hard because wlahai i sit all night reading these big books && studying && learning Ayats from the Qura'an with Tajwid it's really hard but gotcha be done :uhwhat , oh Yes Hadiths are on the way but i want to learn the Qura'an first then go to Hadiths inshallah sis Just pray for me inshallah it's too hard even when am in a wheelchair :cry: But Allah will help me inshallah.
Insha Allah sister. Keep faith. :)

oh if you don't mind at times when i need help may i ask you?
w.salam
Sure sister. I'd love to help....:happy:

Kittygyal
09-25-2006, 04:42 PM
Insha Allah sister. Keep faith. :)

Sure sister. I'd love to help....:happy:
salam.
Shukran Ukthi :wub: May Allah bless you inshallah (Ya Rabil Alameen)

May i ask how much years did you take?
w.salam

snakelegs
09-25-2006, 07:37 PM
wow - this sounds like an ambitious project! but it's cool that you want to learn all you can about your religion.
i also don't understand why urdu or persian. i would think the arabic would keep you busy enough!
anyway, best of luck to you! and i hope your medical condition improves soon too.

Kittygyal
09-25-2006, 07:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
wow - this sounds like an ambitious project! but it's cool that you want to learn all you can about your religion.
i also don't understand why urdu or persian. i would think the arabic would keep you busy enough!
anyway, best of luck to you! and i hope your medical condition improves soon too.
salam.
Shukran Ukthi, sowiee my bad for saying persian, first am learning all books from different aspects i just had me lesson && came straight here, well today was a hard day, i mean am starting the Fiqah walahi it's complicating seem's like Gerberish to me :uhwhat but inshallah i will get through this :uhwhat
am going to doi about Jihad also am learning the fatwa's subhanallah it's soo hard plus the Qura'an in tajwid! too much i just need everyone to pray for me inshallah. also the Aalimah said to me why she's teaching persian because i haven't started my very Aalimah course yet all i am doing about persian is just the vowels && adjectives, am doing urdu because some of the books are in in Urdu (which is soo hard) but walahi i find Arabic easier than urdu Allah HU a3lim!

also i will start my graduate Aalimah course within i know the basics before i can start inshallah i wish i do good, because before i go to Jamat i want to have some education on Islam because i don't wana live there with little education u get mi? so inshallah am just hoping to learn persian vowels first cause thats what i was taking before so obviousy i didn't wanted to stop that, so it will be easier for me if i know persian vowels than arabic even though they are abit different but i can't pronounce the alphabet propley in Tajwid i mean first we have a "kh" && then back of throut like as if you gargling say "kkkhh" it's so like tongue twisting also i have got a lisp thats the bad thing! anyway hope i will do it inshallah.
w,salam

Duhaa
09-25-2006, 08:12 PM
salam.
Shukran Ukthi :wub: May Allah bless you inshallah (Ya Rabil Alameen)

May i ask how much years did you take?
w.salam
In the madrassah I prayed at the course was for six years.

I started when I was in 2nd year in Secondary school and finished when I finished college.....

So it was a long haul but alhamdulillah, Allah helped me get through them aswell as my parents of course. I finished in a class of 18 girls which to start with had been 30. Over the years it had dwindled down....

I suppose you're lucky because you have one to one tuition. :)

Oh ok. They make you do other langauges? I don't know how urdu or persian concerns learning Islam
The books that I was praying from, some of them, especially the mas'ala ones had explanations in persian so it is helpful. It's quite similar to arabic. My dad had to learn it as a school subject in India. Imagine! :rollseyes
And the urdu I suppose its because everything from arabic is translated into urdu for us to understand the arabic text of course.
Some translate in english so whatever language is easier I suppose....

Kittygyal
09-25-2006, 08:20 PM
salam.
so true Ukthi i mean it's so complicating but am doing intermediete to start off with then the big books well am soo like afraid because when i go to Jamat she told me i will be having exams on "arabic" && am like no way! but inshallah i just need to be confident, yes in India they do persian, persian1 && then they do Fiqah && arabic so yeah it's similer to there's but i find arabic quiet easy than urdu
w.salam

fatima_01
09-27-2006, 09:01 PM

omg omg serious girl i was there a couple of years bck ;)u myt no my cousins aswell

wow im shokd

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.