/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What did/will you have for Iftar/Sehri?

flower of dusk
09-24-2006, 04:50 PM
LOL okies.. :D i not asking this question only coz i cnt wait till iftar but just out of boredom.. so??... what's on ya iftar table 2ni8?? :rose:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
09-24-2006, 04:52 PM
:salamext:

chapati, dhaal, some aloo baji etc etc oh i gess we got some meat

:wasalamex

amirah_87
09-24-2006, 04:53 PM
As saalaamu alaykum,

I dunno what's on our table tonight, it's my Lil' sisters turn to cook and she's just started :'(

flower of dusk
09-24-2006, 04:54 PM
LooL.. yummy i guess? i asked my mum wots to eat 2day, she goes, pilau rice, somosa's, pita, kheer.. all sorts of stuff i'm lyk ..."yummy"... she lyk "i ddnt kno u loved azn food so much.. u that hungry?" lol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
flower of dusk
09-24-2006, 04:54 PM
LOL.. JUST started?? lol.. my mums bn cookin since she finished asr prayers

Aisha20
09-24-2006, 04:57 PM
lol... i think biriyani, samoosas, pastrys..!

Kittygyal
09-24-2006, 04:58 PM
salam.
hummm......me not fasting so yeah nothing!
w.salam

IbnAbdulHakim
09-24-2006, 04:58 PM
i mainly look forward to the semolina/shemai/shuzi u kno the desert !!!!

Kittygyal
09-24-2006, 05:01 PM
salam.
what are Pilau rice??
w.salam

*love4isl@m*
09-24-2006, 05:02 PM
:salaam:

:) my mum is cooking all sorts of stuff:
somasa, bajya, Spicy patato, Kabab rolls, lumpya, and much more...

*love4isl@m*
09-24-2006, 05:03 PM
hav a nice iftar ever1 :) Enjoy ur meal 2n8

amirah_87
09-24-2006, 05:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by flower of dusk
LOL.. JUST started?? lol.. my mums bn cookin since she finished asr prayers
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Yep :cry: just started :heated:

MashaAllah in our house we cook whilst Mother puts her feet up!! that's how it should be :p

Samosa's are on the menu though :rollseyes

Kittygyal
09-24-2006, 05:06 PM
salam.
so does everyone wait till mam's gets up?? or do you like start since morning till when it breaks??

Ya allah!! i had to break my when there was 1hour left because my breathing went heavy && i went pale now i can't keep any because i take my machines buty inshallah am going to try again!
w.salam

Fishman
09-24-2006, 05:09 PM
:sl:
For itfar insha'Allaah I'm having a Sunday roast.

For sahr I usually have cereal, a pasty and cheese slices.
:w:

*noor
09-24-2006, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
For itfar insha'Allaah I'm having a Sunday roast.

For sahr I usually have cereal, a pasty and cheese slices.

so when are you going to have fish????

Fishman
09-24-2006, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *noor
so when are you going to have fish????
Lol. Not.

*noor
09-24-2006, 05:20 PM
oh yeah i forgot to say we we're going to be making

its only one twenty and iftar is at six fifty two

we'll be making mansaf which is made of thin bread, rice, and lamb for iftaar inshaAllah and also salad and that yogurt soup thingi

Hijaabi22
09-24-2006, 05:24 PM
rice pakoras chicken dunno wat else

Kittygyal
09-24-2006, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -----------
rice pakoras chicken dunno wat else
salam.
simple eh? ;)
w.salam

Curaezipirid
09-24-2006, 05:54 PM
Alaikumassalam,

I ate first nothing because I forgot to eat and drink before dawn the first day,

then as soon as it was dark I ate lollies and went to sleep and Dreamed really vividly from no much water.

But then I got organised and am eating tonight sort of pancakes of flour and oil and bran and avacado because that is the food in the cupboard.

I like the idea of chappatis also and have lentils so maybe I will make chappatis with dahl. My favourite and also buckwheat.

I am also warming to the idea of sweet semolina first thing in the morning; but tonight I am awake all night so will be going to bed not long after dawn so not inclined to believe sweet food just before dawn will be too good for me.

Also I got these strange cakes from Taiwan from the local vietnamese shops. The packet says 65.5% flour, 12% cane sugar, and palm oil (no quantity given); but they smell like fish sauce! They are so funny. The raising agent is also mysteriously discreet. Now since writing about them I am worried that maybe they are not even Halal! They seem to have a delayed greed response; like you know when you are just getting to the last few mouthfuls and if you start looking for more before those few last mouthfuls are finished, then that is one way of detecting greed; well these strange cakes make you mouth water for more in the same way, but no until after the last mouthful, so they are tricky! I worry about these "soft flour cake" and expect that they are not good Ramadan nosh. But they seem to go with the third refill of all night MacDonald's coffee to stay awake with after having missed the last train home and am using some credit points up at the all night internet cafe. (I am discovering that I can be signed in to LI on an overlap that counts me signing in after signing out four hours ago but while I am signed in already. And I shall let my self go back into thought stream fast now, I am usually listening to Qur'an in Arabic at this place also.)

wasalam,

Ramadan Kareem!

Daffodil
09-24-2006, 05:55 PM
It really upsets me wen ppl eat more in ramadhan then they wud on a normal day, they make special food in ramadhan. we're meant to eat less not more.

S_87
09-24-2006, 05:59 PM

tandoori chicke, bean and potato pie and pastries.
cooked by moi :D

myskillzgotgame
09-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Hi everybody... Salam Salam Salam ...
I'm trying to get out of being this limited member thing.. Anyway.. Majority of sisters here look like they cook.. where are the brother cooks??? we need brothers who cook!!!!!! lool.
I'm having chicken and watermelon, and mixed fruits with spices and sugar. lol.

Saddiqa
09-24-2006, 06:50 PM
salamx

ive just had spring rolls, onion bhajis, kababs and theres no room for trifle

salamx

samiya_06
09-24-2006, 06:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by myskillzgotgame
Hi everybody... Salam Salam Salam ...
I'm trying to get out of being this limited member thing.. Anyway.. Majority of sisters here look like they cook.. where are the brother cooks??? we need brothers who cook!!!!!! lool.
I'm having chicken and watermelon, and mixed fruits with spices and sugar. lol.

lol i think brothers don't like to cook cuz maybe they have their sistes, mothers, wife, cook for them, so no need to cook for themselves.

Sum-Muslim-Gal
09-24-2006, 06:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
It really upsets me wen ppl eat more in ramadhan then they wud on a normal day, they make special food in ramadhan. we're meant to eat less not more.

thats tru sista..:)

me dnt bother me wat i eat...i brk ma fast wiv dates n water ...n dat dus it 4me but now am avin a cup of tea n cake lol....2 keep me awake...:)

Vaseline
09-24-2006, 06:55 PM
I had iftaar with my extended family yesterday. My phoophi (dad's cousin - my aunty) made so much! We had prawn covered in those breadcrumb thingys, watermelon, honeydew, bazaar samosas, pastry, chocolate crackles, lemon sherbet, ruavza (sp?), chicken, afghan bread, black chenna...I think that's it. The adults even had dinner afterwards (!)

myskillzgotgame
09-24-2006, 07:04 PM
Brothers should cook.. loool.... they need something to do around the house..

Daffodil
09-24-2006, 07:17 PM
i would just like to remind every one that we shud have a third of our tummy filled with food, another third of our tummy with water, and another third of air.

BlissfullyJaded
09-24-2006, 07:25 PM

Excellent reminder sis Daffodil. :thumbs_up Among the purposes behind fasting is so that we realize that there people who deal with poverty year round and barely have enough to feed themselves. :cry:

Fishman
09-24-2006, 07:29 PM
I we had a third of our stomach full of air wouldn't that make us really flatulent?

Sum-Muslim-Gal
09-24-2006, 07:33 PM
having a third of food is fullfilling the sunnah of prophet (saw)

*noor
09-24-2006, 07:37 PM
yeah thats true we shouldn't stuff ourselves like turkeys before just because there are all sorts of foods on the table.

here's my strategy (and it prevents stomach aches so u might want to try it)
for iftaar first thing i do is drink a glass or two of cold water then have about 3 dates
then you eat a bit of the appetizer like the salad or soup or something light
then you have a bit of the main course

dont overdo it cuz you'll get a tummy ache....i know from last year's ramadan experience....just keep it light

Mawaddah
09-24-2006, 07:53 PM
^ I just usually skip the main course altogether, like Sis Daffodil said, Ramadhan isn't about just stuffing ourselves. So I usually just have a few glasses of drink and some samosas or something like that.......Fruit usually. And then I just skip dinner.

The Ruler
09-24-2006, 07:56 PM

had a snickers bar today :D:D:D:D:D yayyy....i was dyin for dat lyk 4rm yesday n ma dad go me 1 2day...:D:D:D:D

Curaezipirid
09-25-2006, 02:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
I agree. In fact I am certain that the strange cakes I was then trying to eat, and managed to finish before dawn eventually were an amount of food that in the daylight I could have scoffed down with ease. But in the dark food needs more thought to digest. It is a fact that the Human digestive system is most active between 10am and 2pm. That is when the production of hormones for the stomache and liver work is highest. So we all could want to eat lots the first few nights of Ramadan, from imagining that we will never get through the day without extra and night: but then we all feel sick because we can not digest so well at night, and realise that stuffing our tummies only makes for hungrier daylight experience;

Since I have been living alone for a while now: after years of being responsible for three meals a day for my children: at this time while my children are at their dad's house, I just can't seem to find reason to shop for food or cook much; so the transition into Ramadan is simple. Already I am usually eating only one meal each day; so the water fast is the stronger effect.

Also I am noticing that when I only eat and drink in the dark, that I want to sleep during that 10am to 2pm period. I wonder about that. Most people are healthiest with about 7hours sleep in 24. Also sleep occurs in four hour cycles towards the end of which period all the REM sleep occurs in which Dreams are vivid. I am almost always waking up just before four hours of sleep, then going back to sleep for another period of slightly less than four hours. While only eating in dark I tend to sleep for one period of about three and a half hours in dark; and then another period of about three and a half hours in light. I usually am only in REM sleep for a very small portion of that(that is why I write a bit mental at times; the doctors reckon we need more REM sleep for sanity that I am usually receiving; but then we miss out on what aspects of that frame of mind can be better placed in the external world of physical senses; plus if any black magic gets in my sleep I jolt awake to refute it as impossible)

was that the one third a belly full of air that farted out of my finger tips just now typing?

since I last posted I only ate the rest of the strange cake stuff; then felt obliged to sleep less, but went and got another coffee before light and smiled in the direction of some old street bum who wanted to know why I was so happy, so I talked to him and he cheered up considerably: he was one of those many grumpy Aussies who like to be rude and inflame debate as though they do not believe, but truly only so as to find new means to sustain belief in Allah. After that I could not help but sleep.

Ramadan Kareem (better had I find out what "Kareem" is meaning)!mu'asalam

shariq_0189
09-25-2006, 01:16 PM
ohh over eating is a problem...i knw some uncles in the masjid they probably eat like mad food during iftar...then in taraweeh they prob get heartburns and they like burp ..and its not tht pleasing to be standing beside them for another quarter juz or more.

triple3
09-25-2006, 02:03 PM
mwahaha....
savories :D

Curaezipirid
09-26-2006, 08:22 AM
Bread! The bread that I put aside for just before dawn and missed is now dinner. I am happy and not especially hungry but last night I had a big feed with the homeless folk in the city from one of the charity soup kitchens. Left over soup kitchen bread is for tonight.
mu'asalam

north_malaysian
09-26-2006, 08:31 AM
I just called my mum, she is cooking fish soup to be eaten with a Teochew noodle and some fried tofu stuffed with cucumbers......

Helena
09-26-2006, 09:08 AM
today we will be making pakora, fish cakes....am making it....:D :D :D ...

mums making channa....and and and..........somosa...mainly fried stuff....:rollseyes

yesterday we had chicken tikka wid cous cous and salad.....that was soo delicious.....alhamduliliah...hmmm.....

bluesky
09-26-2006, 11:44 AM
2day am cookin' i hav no idea wot 2 make,
i mean my mum's already made samosas, kebabs, rice, chicken, bhajis, so wot do i make????????????
:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Daffodil
09-26-2006, 12:19 PM
2day am cookin' i hav no idea wot 2 make,
i mean my mum's already made samosas, kebabs, rice, chicken, bhajis, so wot do i make????????????
how about nothing, thats already loads of food, how about u giv the money that it wud have cost u to make some more food which u dnt need n giv it to charity so perhaps they can eat.

ur not seriously cooking more food wen ur mums already made all that? remember its the month of ramadhan and we shud be thinking about the poor. not stuffing our faces. remember muslims shudnt over eat.

p.s tonight im having home made breadcrumbed chicken nuggets, chips n beans. with plenty of vinegar n ketchup. yummmmmmmmm

Fishman
09-26-2006, 12:42 PM
No idea what I'm having tonight. I want a pizza from the Muslim pizza shop down the road though!

smile
09-26-2006, 07:13 PM
Breaking fast is not the same without SAMOOSAS

RAMADAAN MUBARAK EVERYBODY!

Curaezipirid
09-27-2006, 01:16 AM
alaikumassalam,

the thing is that after getting through all the daylight hours without food and drink you feel so pleased with your self for accomplishment that really you are not at all hungry; but if you forget that you must give up any worth to Allah, then that pleased-with-self state of mind wants to "allow" a little excess of food

(that is to say that not eating in daylight is no cause to eat more at night!)

I am already less hungry in the dark and the only remaining problem is that if I am not waking up before dawn to eat then at dawn I am very hungry! (so I had to drink right at dawn this morning because the summer haze is already with us here) - however I am learning something significant about water and exercise. If I am needing to urinate and have not yet, and am also slightly dehydrated, then I make a little exercise by only walking for example: then the exact sequence of the exercise while retaining urine is the same sequence as the events of my dreams the following sleep period, while the images in the dreams are actually from the next day from any periods of physical activity while dehydrated and during urine retention. I already knew that being dehydrated and withholding urine can cause that Dreams are more vivid; but I never before let my self be in that state by failing to drink. (actually I am sure that I am leaking the pre-dawn call to prayer Dreams out to ..............? who ever they are they are in trouble since my kidneys need the water/ -health vs. forcing Islamic conversion upon other Australians ? hmm what a terrible decision, shall I use an alarm clock instead?)

wasalam

Curaezipirid
09-27-2006, 11:08 AM
Alaikumassalam,

now I have eaten and am thinking it is a form of torture to eat mostly carbohydrates and sugar when the body is craving salt and fats

I ate at the Irish club, and then went at got a Halal kebab (kebab here is an Aussie variety of a turkish and lebanese style of eating lamb wrapped in flat bread: this one with tabouli and olives wrapped in a spinach tortilla: but they usually come out sort of like variety of burger with a different shape and are called a 'doner kebab': it is good that we can always get halal takeaway food here) really only wanting more salt, but then got distracted into a soymilk hot chocolate as well

I think I only needed avacado and salt; but I am very airy at this time still.

wasalam

IbnAbdulHakim
09-27-2006, 01:43 PM
No idea what I'm having tonight. I want a pizza from the Muslim pizza shop down the road though!

why did i come to this thread :grumbling
that sounds too good :grumbling

Fishman
09-27-2006, 03:33 PM
Last night my friends at the pizza shop let me have pakroras and stuff with them in the back of the shop! I tried a date as well, but it didn't taste very nice though. And I was also ill, which meant I didn't enjoy it as much. Insha'Allaah if the let me eat with them again I will try samosas.

But what do I say to them about the dates? I don't want to be rude and refuse, but that date really did taste not nice.

Curaezipirid
09-27-2006, 03:43 PM
samosas rule

Curaezipirid
09-27-2006, 03:44 PM
but my liver hurt for posting that

Fishman
09-27-2006, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Curaezipirid
but my liver hurt for posting that
How can your post affect your liver?

Curaezipirid
09-27-2006, 07:35 PM
I dunno, it just did! (in a manner of speech that is) I guess it was connected with imagining that eating samosas could rule my own diet. I was imagining a potatoe and peas samosa deep fried with salt on it, and perhaps too much tumeric.

But the real question is, is it too late for that can of coke awaited for?
yes, the birds are chirping and it suddenly looks a little lighter and it only five minutes before dawn prayer, but the after one not the before one: I guess that the vegemite at the time is slowing me down too much now!

wasalam (does macdonalds sell vegemite toast in other countries I wonder: vegemite is Australian sort of....

....yeast extract: actually the 4:14 am prayer time was when I had not eaten yet, but was caught out not observing prayer by some Maori youth at macdonalds where I was buying vegemite on toast- they got embarrassed because they had been taking drugs and were hallucinating (I was abnormal to them for a white girl, and also abnormal for a girl in hijab)

Curaezipirid
09-27-2006, 07:38 PM
but I shall not even answer to any assertion that I am on drugs since the heroin selling economy in Australia is linking to Muslim call to prayer through me with me unwilling and having used every means other than to be so overt before now to try to prevent

The Ruler
09-27-2006, 07:56 PM

i helpd ma mum make paoras 2nyt :D :happy: n dey wer yummyyy!! :happy:

n she cukd biryani too :happy:

Curaezipirid
09-27-2006, 08:49 PM
I am having 428 sunlight now.

I am learned that sunlight always makes my body want. No matter how much full it is at dark; by sun up, it wants.

wasalam

north_malaysian
09-28-2006, 04:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Curaezipirid
samosas rule
I think the best samosas ever are those made by Bangladeshis. Becoz Tamil Samosas not sooooo yummy as the Bangladeshis...

Curaezipirid
09-28-2006, 06:31 AM
I have celery, pear and mushrooms and I am thinking of frying perhaps, and that it will be more sensible to let it cool and mix with sour cream than to wrap in pastry and bake. (If I contemplate in sour cream and pastry then I might just decide not to bother and eat it all raw.)

This is food for later on, since now it is daylight: I slept a while today after being awake all night.

wasalam

Curaezipirid
09-28-2006, 10:01 AM
I came back to this thread only to be dutiful and report that I shall most definately also now be eating an early morning alarm for when I am not in my usual state of alertness before dawn.

wasalam

flower of dusk
10-03-2006, 12:40 PM
i mainly look forward to the semolina/shemai/shuzi u kno the desert !!!!
lol, yh despite the fact that i love deserts, i always tend to have it first bcoz i fl a bit sick having all the hard and oily foods at first. And i always pray in between having my meal, and by the time i come back downstairs 2 finish my meal, i feel much better for the other things :D

hmm... what am i eating 2ni8??...i'm reali dnt kno reali, but i kno for sure it's gna b gr8 coz inshallah i'm goin to be goin 2 my aunties for iftar...:)

flower of dusk
10-03-2006, 12:46 PM
I think the best samosas ever are those made by Bangladeshis. Becoz Tamil Samosas not sooooo yummy as the Bangladeshis...
:) have u tried bangladeshi somosa's?? my family and i are bengali's and we usuali have a plate of it in the iftar table mostly everday :) ... same as to whereever we go.. it's lyk traditional bangla food...
ohhh!!:( .. i reali fl lyk giving u some, but cant.. - sry
do u fink it'll still b as good if i send it by post?? :giggling:

S_87
10-03-2006, 12:47 PM

But what do I say to them about the dates? I don't want to be rude and refuse, but that date really did taste not nice.

was it a fresh date or the blacky/brown type?
just tell them dates dont agree with you :)

flower of dusk
10-03-2006, 12:50 PM
lool...i wud try it if my conscience wudnt stop tellin me that the people at the royal mail here wud be very suspicous and try opening the package to c wots inside that smells so either gd or horrid, LOL..
by the tym it reaches the person i'm goin to send em to, nothing will be inside :giggling:

woops, the last msg of mine was for tasmiyah_B lol

DigitalStorm82
10-04-2006, 01:51 PM
I think most of us desi's gain 10lbs during ramadan cause of all the food we eat... whats the purpose of fasting if you don't even feel like you're fasting? :\

butterfly+
10-04-2006, 08:09 PM
we're having scalloped potatoes, macaroni salad and fried tandoori chicken tonight. :)

*noor
10-04-2006, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by butterfly+
we're having scalloped potatoes, macaroni salad and fried tandoori chicken tonight. :)

you better share that tandoori chicken with me!!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-04-2006, 08:19 PM
I'm having cithi pai(sp?) dunno how to spell it! but u eat it with bread. Some samosas maybe today n roohafza. God I'm hungry. I had milk for sehari.

Kittygyal
10-04-2006, 08:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
I'm having cithi pai(sp?) dunno how to spell it! but u eat it with bread. Some samosas maybe today n roohafza. God I'm hungry. I had milk for sehari.
salam.
whats that:? && humm isn't Iftar done humm..
w.salam

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-04-2006, 08:29 PM
I think it's from goat, not sure. No I haven't had it yet. Its 4:29 rite now, another 2 hrs to go.

Kittygyal
10-04-2006, 08:32 PM
I think it's from goat, not sure. No I haven't had it yet. Its 4:29 rite now, another 2 hrs to go.
salam.
o0o0kay sowiee thought you was from U.K :uhwhat
oh so you eat Goat kewl && also how do you cook it?? :?
w.salam

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-04-2006, 08:33 PM
Nah I'm in US lol. uhhh i dont know how to cook it, my mom does. But im gunna learn it cuz its so0o0o good. Ill tell u when i get to know :D

Kittygyal
10-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Nah I'm in US lol. uhhh i dont know how to cook it, my mom does. But im gunna learn it cuz its so0o0o good. Ill tell u when i get to know :D
salam.
okay Ukthi && oh U.S kewl me from there originally okay back on topic inshallah :hiding:
so what you eating for Iftar:?
w.salam

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-04-2006, 08:37 PM
thats what im eating sis..LOL :giggling: ;D with samosas n roohafza :)

Kittygyal
10-04-2006, 08:38 PM
thats what im eating sis..LOL :giggling: ;D with samosas n roohafza :)
salam.
oh no half asleep sowiee bare with me :uhwhat :hiding:
oh right your eating a goat today right?
&& what is Roohafza:?
w/salam

The Ruler
10-04-2006, 08:39 PM

me had 2 samosas dat 'I' made :p....n water :happy: :happy: unnnddd a pak o crisp :happy: *yum yum* :D:D:D

Kittygyal
10-04-2006, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Glacier*+

me had 2 samosas dat 'I' made :p....n water :happy: :happy: unnnddd a pak o crisp :happy: *yum yum* :D:D:D

salam.
thats all you had for Iftar:?
w.salam

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-04-2006, 08:42 PM
LOL its not a whole goat..what im gunna eat is made from goat. Rooh Afza could be made of syrups of individual fruits or purely herbal syrups or syrups made with juices of sweet-smelling flowers such as Rose and 'Keora'. Its reallly goood n good for ur body.

The Ruler
10-04-2006, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salam.
thats all you had for Iftar:?
w.salam
yh its kinda amazin....i get ful sooo kwik :happy: dat gud or bad :?

Kittygyal
10-04-2006, 08:44 PM
LOL its not a whole goat..what im gunna eat is made from goat. Rooh Afza could be made of syrups of individual fruits or purely herbal syrups or syrups made with juices of sweet-smelling flowers such as Rose and 'Keora'.
salam.
i know your NOT going to eat a whole Goat haha silly gyal, not Roohafza is some kinda drink right:? && you mean Rose as in a bunch of flowers:? or that smelling red liquid:?
w.salam

butterfly+
10-04-2006, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *noor
you better share that tandoori chicken with me!!
sure. come on over for some. we got loads. :)

Kittygyal
10-04-2006, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Glacier*+
yh its kinda amazin....i get ful sooo kwik :happy: dat gud or bad :?

salam.
well humm your little && me think it's bad :D :D eat much && be fat JOKE nah it's right gyal :)
w.salam

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-04-2006, 08:47 PM
lol b4 u get confused, check the site =D n yes its the red liquid that smells good!
http://www.hamdard.com/roohafza.html

Kittygyal
10-04-2006, 08:51 PM
lol b4 u get confused, check the site =D n yes its the red liquid that smells good!
http://www.hamdard.com/roohafza.html
salam.
o0o0kay humm kewl but i mean doesn't it smell then like rose && how can you drink it then :?
w.salam

*noor
10-04-2006, 08:56 PM
sure. come on over for some. we got loads. :)
if u live in the uk i cant come but u can pm some to me :D

butterfly+
10-04-2006, 09:02 PM
heheh.. i live in the Caribbean :)

does everyone have loads of fried food in ramadan?

*noor
10-04-2006, 09:04 PM
lol in ramadan we tend to subsitute fried foods with baked or cooked foods

butterfly+
10-04-2006, 09:07 PM
we have loads of fried snacks but i only eat like 1 or 2 of them.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-05-2006, 01:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salam.
o0o0kay humm kewl but i mean doesn't it smell then like rose && how can you drink it then :?
w.salam
it does smell like rose.
im guessin u can drink since everyone does..! =D

Kittygyal
10-05-2006, 06:14 AM
it does smell like rose.
im guessin u can drink since everyone does..! =D
salam.
okay Ukthi have a nice time opening Iftar inshallah :)
w.salam

Curaezipirid
10-05-2006, 07:22 AM
I have some rose and lime cordial at home but I am not opening the bottle until after Ramadan.

I am drinking Aloe Vera cordial. It is very settling of wayward mentation. Kind of causes closer observance of what makes you angry.

Also I posted two recipes in the recipe thread because they are proving useful.

A pear sent me very hateful as the first thing in breaking fast; but that is knowable as being an independent association between me and pears and abuse worked against me by the medicines of a homeopath.

Today I so want cake but but dark will be revulsed by no doubt.:muslimah:

I R Paki
10-07-2006, 12:03 PM
pizza.. donner.. burgers

DigitalStorm82
10-07-2006, 01:16 PM
The purpose of fast is to feel hunger... so dont y'all go stuffin yo faces! lol :p

Happy Ramadan...

Al-Zaara
10-07-2006, 01:26 PM

It doesn't matter what's for iftaar... As long as lokum is served too I'm happy! :D

For those who don't know what lokum (Turkish delight) is...
Check out Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_delight

Attachment 2605

Attachment 2606

Sahabiyaat
10-07-2006, 02:56 PM
rice,um.....kebabs....um......and lots of other lovely stuff :D

psstt...thats only cuz we have a guest staying over otherwise its daal seven days a week ;D lol. juz kidding.

Hijaabi22
10-07-2006, 04:42 PM
Am so hungry :cry: :cry: :cry: And I miss my mummy :cry: and daddy :cry:, they goe 2 b'ham n not bak yet so no1 to cook 4 me 2day n I havent a clue how 2 cuk :cry: :cry: :cry: so guess that means tym 4 a TAAAAAAKE OUUUUT MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Man Im starvin

butterfly+
10-07-2006, 07:23 PM
salams
tonight we have karai chicken and roti. and for dessert it's cheesecake!!!

S_87
10-07-2006, 07:32 PM

oh i want cheesecake!!!!!

butterfly+
10-07-2006, 07:50 PM
ooh it's a ready made cheesecake.. dark and white chocolate swirl with 2 strawberries on top and nice chocolate triangle slabs. heheh.

hasib
10-07-2006, 09:45 PM

Well I usually dont worry bout cooking hehee.. mon-thu we have iftars at the MSA on uni and fri/sat the iftar is at masjid.. only time we have to worry bout it is sunday :P but thats okay too alhamdulliah my roommates and i cook alright food :D..

Tonight: I dont know.. its saturday here and 2:44pm.. not sure what the masjid is cooking up :D..

butterfly+
10-08-2006, 03:47 AM
hey amani... the cheesecake was nice.

tomorrow for iftaar... its stew chicken and paratha roti. :P

format_quote Originally Posted by hasib
but thats okay too alhamdulliah my roommates and i cook alright food :D..
what do you usually cook?

Curaezipirid
10-08-2006, 04:34 AM
there is a pot on the stove of:
black beans
brown rice
cabbage
olive oil
salt

yum!

Curaezipirid
10-08-2006, 04:50 AM
Also I have a cheesecake intention since now reading about it!

but.... it is within a feild of information about what causes many sorts of lactose intolerances . . .

There are two forms of the protien strands in milk that are named A1 and A2 proteins by the company who did the genetic research by which various cows can be discerned as having one or the other or both types. A2 protiens travel in the guts out of the stomache into the duodenum to be mixed with liver products in bile etc before entering to blood to be metabolised. A1 proteins break into two pieces and go out of the stomache straight into the blood. The stomache treats them as a toxin. The kidneys are put under stress, and if the person had no incling about the nature of the problem, then the body also produces endorphins so the the person is not in pain from the kidney damage being caused. Then the endorphins become addictive and the person craves more dairy product.

Cream helps to bring the protien down into the intestine.

When I found out I began to avoid all food with any milk solids added. Also to put two and two together into four about those butter mountains that the EEC had.

When I first was orienting to Islam in 2001 I had a feeling not to use any dairy products at all. It helped me to consolidate work in self knowledge.
Then I ate dairy only occassionally for from late 2002 until earlier this year, when I found out the exact nature of the problem. Once only after finding out I ate a sweet made with cheese and it gave me bad kidney pain. The endorphin effect is no longer present since I know; and that is a good thing for maintaining long term kidney health. Really I am very glad that I got put off milk when very young; but angry about all the food that is most available around me so often having milk solids.

So I think I should make a soft white cheese from some A2 milk and turn it into a baked cheesecake since I wanted. Goats milk is good, and more farmers are making goat's milk cheese and yogurt already. The A2 milk farmers are having a rough time because the rest of the dairy industry is using bulls in the herd that prevent conception of calves that can produce only A2 milk. The gene is recessive.

Truly milk is so very filling now by comparison to the A1 milk supply.

wasalam

Isaac
10-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Went out yesterday to southall for iftaar. Alhamdulliah food was very very nice. kebabs and samosa or starters, chiekn jalfrezi, lamb curry and something else for main course with naan. And to top it all up one of those ferlooda drinks. I didnt eat too much, eyt i could barely drive home, let alone read tarawee. The funny thing was my mate had the other dish which i can remember, apparenly it was very hot. so hot that he actually started sweating. lol.

Today i think it might just be kebabs and chips. and im suppose to be on a diet.

S_87
10-08-2006, 01:13 PM
hey amani... the cheesecake was nice.

i bet it was :rolleyes:

today i spagetti of some sort and my lil sister is making a flan :rolleyes: and i bet she'll put it stuff i dont eat :grumbling

Curaezipirid
10-11-2006, 06:11 AM
Do not worry about whether we learn to know hunger if we eat only at night for I am certain that the best of us are all starving in the daylight no matter how much we eat at night. My kidneys are weaker than they should be for a person in my mind and general health; and I am noticing on only black beans, brown rice, cabbage, olive oil, and salt, for a few days, that not much can digest without exercise after dark.

However, that stated I may be eating only a paper receipt for the next week, and today did give only Zakat at Mosque and buy a trademark. But the black beans, brown rice, cabbage, olive oil, and salt is still available in a big pot that I am adding to every morning.

I put a small bit of vegimite in it one time, since there was some of my own there, and once some garlic; but the garlic was too much. Ginger was good but.

One fruit bar with dried apples went down aversely.

wasalam

blue_dew
10-11-2006, 12:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

i bet it was :rolleyes:

today i spagetti of some sort and my lil sister is making a flan :rolleyes: and i bet she'll put it stuff i dont eat :grumbling

Did the flan taste good?

Tonight is chicken sandwiches.

S_87
10-11-2006, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by blue_dew

Did the flan taste goo?

Tonight is chicken sandwiches.

was alright. she didnt make the actual pastry though :giggling:

blue_dew
10-11-2006, 12:05 PM

Ohhh big sis made it for her??!! :lol: :lol:

10-11-2006, 12:06 PM
Tonight we're gonna eat haleem... mmmm... :)

nishom
10-11-2006, 12:09 PM
Im not sure about sisters, but definitely, when brothers are sitting in the masjid waiting to eat, the food already laid out in front of them, you shopuld see us guys eyeing up the best food, as well as eyeing up other brothers who are eyeing up the same food. Then when the eating begins, ready steady, Go!!!!!!

S_87
10-11-2006, 07:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by blue_dew

Ohhh big sis made it for her??!! :lol: :lol:

you mean me? you have GOT to be kidding :lol:

nah it was ready made from tescos :p

flower of dusk
10-14-2006, 03:00 PM
lol...
i wonder sometimes why i even opened this thread!....:giggling: (dnt ask lol)
evertym i read it is when i'm not busy, lyk b4 iftar... makes me hungry:cry:
lool, oh well, at least i get more ideas on what to make for iftar :D

soo.. what am i havin 2ni8??..:? ... hopefully something sweet and soft, but not sure yet :)

blue_dew
10-14-2006, 03:05 PM
I think we're having baked chicken and pastries tonight.

Hisbul_Aziz
10-14-2006, 03:09 PM
Some

Kittygyal
10-14-2006, 03:12 PM
salam.
my FIRST EVER fast && am hungry hum.. mashallah i my breathing is okay && i don't have to take my medication i hope it will okay because before there was one hour left && i had to break it because of my disability inshallah everyone keep it low am hungry && me got a party in my step papa's mam's house so yeah am hhhhhungrrry
w.salam

flower of dusk
10-14-2006, 03:12 PM
khalid_shariff brother, are u doing that deliberately? lol.. i'm soo hungry

Hisbul_Aziz
10-14-2006, 03:14 PM
khalid_shariff brother, are u doing that deliberately? lol.. i'm soo hungry
Maybe :okay:

flower of dusk
10-14-2006, 03:15 PM
aww.. mashallah dear sister "kittigyal" :) keep going!! i'm sure right at the end you'll be soo proud of yourself! :D .. (like me sometimes.. but ssshhh!:giggling: )

flower of dusk
10-14-2006, 03:16 PM
lol..brother khalid, are u not hungry? just look at those somosa's - do you kno wot are inside them? :giggling:
ok, i am sry.. but are u not hungry yourself?

Kittygyal
10-14-2006, 03:20 PM
aww.. mashallah dear sister "kittigyal" :) keep going!! i'm sure right at the end you'll be soo proud of yourself! :D .. (like me sometimes.. but ssshhh!:giggling: )
salam.
don't worry Ukthi am proud of my self exspecially of my disability because i can't fast due to my illness as i have to put on machines && also take me oxygen mask so yeah the thrid fast i kept it that was my first time && there was 1hour left && walahi i had to break it :cry: but inshallah inshallah hope it goes all well inshallah, && am NOT young for the people whom think am not fasting because am small am NOT, anywho i don't know what am going to eat well maybe some asian food, well a party in my step papa's mam's house so yeah Allah Hu A3lim!

w.salam

Hisbul_Aziz
10-14-2006, 03:22 PM
lol..brother khalid, are u not hungry? just look at those somosa's - do you kno wot are inside them? :giggling:
ok, i am sry.. but are u not hungry yourself?
\No its only 11:20 am so not really

flower of dusk
10-14-2006, 03:25 PM
oooo... iftar party??:p ok, now i'm officially H.U.N.G.R.Y!! :giggling:
lol, anyways, i hope you have a great time, enjoy your food too! :)

Kittygyal
10-14-2006, 03:25 PM
Salam.
Kahlid are them your OWN somosa's?
w.salam

Kittygyal
10-14-2006, 03:26 PM
oooo... iftar party??:p ok, now i'm officially H.U.N.G.R.Y!! :giggling:
lol, anyways, i hope you have a great time, enjoy your food too! :)
salam.
i dunno what you call it but i know in Pushto you call it something like "dodaay"
w.salam

flower of dusk
10-14-2006, 03:26 PM
n\No its only 11:20 am so not really
oh.. i keep forgetting this is worldwide lol, it's 4:30 here. so u can understand why i'm hungry.

muslim_rose18
10-14-2006, 03:50 PM
hmm :rant: ..i dont knw about u..but i was always taught that ramadan was about growing spiritually and growin as a person, 2 make a resolution not to go back 2 ur old ways..inshAllah...and ur ranting about who's eating what!...hmmm

inshAllah lets ask each other how we benefited 4rm this blessed month...:salaam:

flower of dusk
10-14-2006, 03:54 PM
lol.. gd point there dear sister. but i just opened this out of wonder and boredom. i mean, in my house, we don't usually have all these spectacular dishes we have in this month in any other. :)

muslim_rose18
10-14-2006, 03:58 PM
ok sis thats true and im sorry if my tone was abit rude...my bad really...coz sumtimes its essential 2 make an effort in whatever your doin...:D and may i say yum yum..the things that sum of ur mummies cook sound mouth watering;D ...may Allah bless their efforts ..Ameen

wasalam xxx

flower of dusk
10-14-2006, 04:03 PM
lol.. no problem sister, what u said was entirely true so no worries :)

Kittygyal
10-14-2006, 04:07 PM
salam.
so who's eating what then? :D :D
w.salam,

DAWUD_adnan
10-14-2006, 04:20 PM
ahhahah, somosas, i mean EVERYONE easts them its like a ramadhan tradition! whahhahah
but now i really have to stop talking about food makes me hungry ahhahahahhahahha HAPPY THOUGH! ahhahaha i guess its the empty stomach ahahahh whahah

subhanAllah!

Kittygyal
10-14-2006, 04:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DAWUD_adnan
ahhahah, somosas, i mean EVERYONE easts them its like a ramadhan tradition! whahhahah
but now i really have to stop talking about food makes me hungry ahhahahahhahahha HAPPY THOUGH! ahhahaha i guess its the empty stomach ahahahh whahah

subhanAllah!
salam.
i know what you mean Akhi :X but you mean "eats" NOT "east" unless they live on the other side looolz;D
w.salam

DAWUD_adnan
10-14-2006, 04:25 PM
whahahhaha, its just that im hungry ahahahahha cant even TYPO riht, im sow N00b! wahhah

Kittygyal
10-14-2006, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DAWUD_adnan
whahahhaha, its just that im hungry ahahahahha cant even TYPO riht, im sow N00b! wahhah

salam.
whats a NOOB? some kinda food? :rollseyes do you mean Noodles?
w.salam

DAWUD_adnan
10-14-2006, 04:30 PM
no Noob mean newbie in pc language sorry...sister im all messed up.. ahahhahahahahha
subhanAllah

Kittygyal
10-14-2006, 04:32 PM
salam.
am hungry me self it's my first fast ever! mashallah subhanallah
w.salam

Curaezipirid
10-16-2006, 08:30 AM
yesterday or the day before, (Ramadan is ssooo loooooooooooong, happily)
I had the absurd mental construction in my mind of WANTING TO BE HUNGRY; that is after being very successful in overcoming much hunger, and then feeling very pleased with my self in that; I began to want more hunger to overcome!

I should eat that huh!
But rather at a tin of sardines.

(mixed with flour and eggs and coconut and spring onion and cabbage and sage and sea salt)

wasalam and good on fasting

no1_outbider
10-16-2006, 03:23 PM
salam everybody!

How about we all share what we had for sehri???

Ill satrt off!

Erm chiken nuggets and mincemeat (KHEEMA) pastries and a cup of milk and coke!

Yah thats about it!

The Ruler
10-16-2006, 03:31 PM

dis thread is kinda similar ta dis 1 dnt ya fink :?

http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...what-2ni8.html

no1_outbider
10-16-2006, 03:45 PM
OOPPPPSS yah kinda Well we can all jot down again init!:giggling:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-16-2006, 04:42 PM
i dunno what im eating yet >.<

The Ruler
10-16-2006, 04:43 PM

myt v chicken nuggets but dunno :hmm:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-16-2006, 04:54 PM
lol maybe ill settle for fried chicken noodles(home made with spices!!)...so gooooddd!

al Amaanah
10-16-2006, 10:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by no1_outbider
salam everybody!

How about we all share what we had for sehri???

Ill satrt off!

Erm chiken nuggets and mincemeat (KHEEMA) pastries and a cup of milk and coke!

Yah thats about it!
Wa alaykum salaam

Chicken nuggets and coke in the morning??? :uuh: I cant stand the smell of chicken in the morning (astagfirullah, I know but I just cant)

I'll have just a cup of tea and bread......:rollseyes

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-16-2006, 10:19 PM

lol sis i think she meant iftar...

north_malaysian
10-17-2006, 07:41 AM
tomato sandwich and hot chocolate drink called 'Milo'... I cant eat more than that ... or I'll vomit..:vomit: :vomit:

Pk_#2
10-17-2006, 08:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bintu M*
Wa alaykum salaam

Chicken nuggets and coke in the morning??? :uuh: I cant stand the smell of chicken in the morning (astagfirullah, I know but I just cant)

I'll have just a cup of tea and bread......:rollseyes
AsalamuAlaykum,

SNAP!! da same :p

sumtimes Ribena!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ;)

al Amaanah
10-17-2006, 12:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sum-Muslim-Gal

lol sis i think she meant iftar...

lol I don't think soo..:p

papa_smurf
10-17-2006, 12:30 PM

U cant go wrong with fresh cream (thick) and bread. Keeps hunger tied till iftar.:)

Mawaddah
10-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Baked beans and Bread.........and a few sips of grape juice........and some water :rollseyes

Muhammad
10-17-2006, 02:05 PM

Threads merged.

Now you may mention what you had for sehri aswell.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.