DAY .......yes DAY!!!

Remember in ur prayers.
Pass this on to all the Muslims you can and don't help funding the
Jews to kill our brothers.

May ALLAH forgive us all.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
09-25-2006, 09:08 AM
Keep in mind Phillip Morris is just a part of the Altria Group. Altria Group is the parent company of Kraft Foods, Philip Morris International, Philip Morris USA and Philip Morris Capital Corporation. In addition, Altria Group has a 28.7% economic and voting interest in SABMiller
Kraft and Phillip Morris form the Altria group when Phillip Morris bought Kraft. Other products produced by Phillip Morris are:

Kraft Foods International Brands
Snacks
Confectionary
· Bis
· Côte d'Or
· Daim
· Freia
· Gallito
· Laka
· Marabou
· Milka
· Prince Polo & Siesta
· Shot
· Sonho de Valsa
· Suchard
· Sugus
· Terry's Chocolate Orange
· Toblerone
· 3-Bit
Biscuits
· Chips Ahoy!
· Club Social
· Express
· Kraker/Hony/Aveny Bran
· Lucky
· Oreo
· Ritz
· Trakinas
Salty Snacks
· Estrella
· Maarud
· Lux

Beverages
Coffee
· Blendy
· Carte Noire
· Gevalia
· Jacobs
· Jacques Vabre
· Kaffee HAG
· Kenco
· Maxim
· Maxwell House
· Saimaza
· Tassimo
Refreshment Beverages
· Clight
· Fresh
· Frisco
· Kool-Aid
· Tang
· Verao
· Q-Refres-Ko
Cheese

· Cheez Whiz
· Dairylea
· Eden
· El Caserio
· Kraft Singles
· Kraft Sottilette
· Philadelphia

Convenient Meals

· Lunchables
· Kraft Macaroni Cheese
· Mirácoli Dinners

Grocery
Desserts
· Dream Whip
· Royal
Enhancers
· Kraft Ketchup and Sauces
· Kraft Mayonnaise and Miracle Whip
· Kraft Pourable Dressings
· Vegemite
Cereals
· Post Corn Flight
· Post CocoBall

Source:http://www.altria.com/about_altria/1...ftfoodsint.asp

Woodrow
09-25-2006, 09:21 AM
Additional Information:

Who We Are

Altria Group is the parent company of Kraft Foods, Philip Morris International, Philip Morris USA and Philip Morris Capital Corporation. Collectively, these companies form the Altria family of companies. In addition, Altria Group has a 28.7% economic and voting interest in SABMiller.

On January 27, 2003, Altria Group became the name of the parent company of our family of companies. Approved by the Company’s shareholders in 2002, the introduction of Altria Group reflects important evolutions in our development. The name Philip Morris is truly a tobacco name—a name associated with a remarkable history as a leader in that industry both in the United States and around the world. But we also have come to own a number of companies that are not tobacco-based, companies such as General Foods, Kraft, Jacobs Suchard and Nabisco. By changing its name, Altria Group has clarified its identity as what it is: a parent company to both tobacco and food companies that manage some of the world’s most successful brands.

Source: http://www.altria.com/about_altria/1_2_whoweare.asp

Woodrow
09-25-2006, 09:35 AM
The other part of Altria is SABmiller which is 28% owned by Altria. Sabmiller is the world's second largest beer producer with plants in 150 countries. It is basicaly an African Company with corporate Headquarters in London.

Oligopoly brief: SABMiller

SABMiller, the #2 beer brewery in the world, was founded in 2002. It is the product of the sale of Miller Beer from Philip Morris (now Altria) to South African Breweries, a 108-year-old company. Although its origins are in South Africa, the worldwide company is managed mostly from London. (How many Americans now realize that Miller is a foreign-owned brew?)
South African Brewers was a small, provincial concern until the 1990s. Because of the boycott of the apartheid regime, the company was confined to that country. Aside from beer, it dabbled in soft drinks, hotels, glass, textiles, food service and other businesses.
After apartheid ended in the early 1990s, the company was poised to expand. First, it bought brewery operations in a number of African nations, where it spread its Castle Lager brand. It also started buying breweries in the newly emerging Eastern European market.

In 1998, it purchased it first famous international brand, Pilsner Urquell from the Czech Republic. The firm made moves into China (where it is now the biggest foreign-based brewing company) and in India. It also went into Central America.

The big move came with the 2002 purchase of Miller Brewing, the number two American brand, after Budweiser/Anheuser-Busch. What's truly remarkable is that the company raised the $5.6 billion to buy controlling interest in the company. (Altria, the ex-owner, still has a considerable stake in the Miller operation.)

This past May, the company showed it still had money to play with. It purchased the Peroni Brewery, the largest Italian brewery. That is its first beachhead in Western Europe. It is now one of the main players in Eastern Europe, from Poland to Russia to Romania.

Source: http://www.oligopolywatch.com/2003/07/07.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Noor
09-25-2006, 09:49 AM
:sl:

That information about cigarettes was incredibly interesting. JazakAllahkhair for that post.

Woodrow...excuse me, but whats your point? Give up Maxwell Coffee?

:w:

Woodrow
09-25-2006, 09:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by yilanqinqin
Believe it or not......

1. Total World Population: 6.5 Billion

2. Total Muslims in the world : 2 Billion

3. Total Smokers in the world : 1.15 billion

4. Total Muslim smokers in the world :400 million

5. Largest Cigarette maker is Phillip Morris

6. Phillip Morris donates 12% profits to Israel

7. Total Muslim money to Morris $800 million DAILY

8. Average profit margin is 10%

9. Average profit for Morris is $80 million DAILY
10. Thus $9.6 million of Muslim money goes to Israel every single
DAY .......yes DAY!!!

Remember in ur prayers.
Pass this on to all the Muslims you can and don't help funding the
Jews to kill our brothers.

May ALLAH forgive us all.
Purpose of the additional information:

IF Altria is donating 12% of it's profits to Israel the amount is going to be way over $80 Million per day. I really doubt that is an actual donation, I more suspect it is a reflection of the investors and that Israelis probably account for 12% of the investors in Altria. Since one of the major businesses in Israel is investments. I would suspect to find that Israelis will be about 12% of the investors of ALL international brands Not just Altria. Keep in mind companies are not owned by countries, they are owned by investors from all around the world.

Muezzin
09-25-2006, 10:17 AM
I do tire of these boycott-type things. Rather than simply boycotting someone who donates to Israel, why don't we ourselves set up more companies which donate to countries such as Palestine?

Noor
09-25-2006, 10:19 AM
:sl:

With that said, what do you suppose a solution to this be? Both of you have displayed a problem, so what are we going to do? Give facts, that's all?

Sounds like Kool-Aid and Ritz will be replaced with dates and milk.
Smoking is prohibited, wrong and not good for your mind, body and soul. Muslims shouldn't be smoking!!! But telling my mom to give up Maxwell Coffee is going be like lifting a mountain.

:w:

Woodrow
09-25-2006, 10:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I do tire of these boycott-type things. Rather than simply boycotting someone who donates to Israel, why don't we ourselves set up more companies which donate to countries such as Palestine?
That is the most logical thing to do. Boycotts seldom hurt the group they are targeted at. Plus, the problem is that to try to boycott anyone group completly it would be necessary to boycott every international product on the Earth. Companies do not belong to countries they are seperate enities and are owned by the investors who can come from any Nation. A boycott can very easily hurt the very people it is meant to help.

I favor a cigeratte boycott, not because it will hurt Phillip Morris or Israel, but because Cigarettes are not good for people. If cigarette production were to stop today, it would only be a temprary low for companies like Altria. Would probably only drop stock value a few cents per share and would rapidaly be made up by expansion into more non-tobacco area.

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-25-2006, 10:40 AM
The person who made this forget to point out that it's haraam to smoke. So we shouldn't be buying that product even if the money was going towards sadaqah.

:wasalamex

Muezzin
09-25-2006, 10:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
The person who made this forget to point out that it's haraam to smoke. So we shouldn't be buying that product even if the money was going towards sadaqah.

:wasalamex
This is true. I overlooked this. Now my message looks like I'm saying 'don't boycott him, carry on buying his cigarrettes, just let's make our own competing brand!' Dang.

In this case, we shouldn't be smoking in the first place.

In the case of, say, Pepsi, instead of just boycotting, we should set up more companies of our own that donate to countries of our choosing.

Pk_#2
09-25-2006, 10:53 AM
go on then, AsaalmuAlaykum!

Woodrow
09-25-2006, 10:54 AM
This is true. I overlooked this. Now my message looks like I'm saying 'don't boycott him, carry on buying his cigarrettes, just let's make our own competing brand!' Dang.

In this case, we shouldn't be smoking in the first place.

In the case of, say, Pepsi, instead of just boycotting, we should set up more companies of our own that donate to countries of our choosing.
Don't feel bad. I agreed with you. Even after I said Cigarettes are bad for people. But, I think the main point is to say boycots seldom work in the manner we think they will. If we were to say we wanted to boycot every company that is owned by Israelis we would be hard pressed to find any International company that does not have any Israeli Investors. So in order to Boycot every company that has Israeli owners it would be necessary to boycott every major product on earth. The only way to get around it is local production with local investors.

snakelegs
09-25-2006, 07:46 PM
great post - reps for you!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!