/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice/help Needed!!

Samiira
09-25-2006, 10:39 AM
Salaama Caleikum sisters and brothers

I have this problem which has been giving me bad headache :hiding: for a year now . I have graduated from polytechnic school in Finland a year ago as a chemical researcher and since then i have had difficulties to find a job. I have calculated that i have send over 30 application for the past year. I have noticed as a muslimah who wears her hijab and have a muslim name fiding a job in this part of the world is very difficult. It feel likes i have studied for nothing just useless, why even i bothered i should have known better :cry: Did anyone of you had this kind of problem?. If you did how did you solved?.

Sometimes i think that perhaps this is a test from Allah and i have to be strong and make Duaa :rollseyes

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lyesh
09-25-2006, 10:42 AM
salaam sis,
That a problem faced by a lot of sister all around the world. Ur right! Its a test from Allah. Be Patient and make Dua! Insha Allah U'll succeed. afterall Dua is the weapon of the believer!

Pk_#2
09-25-2006, 10:52 AM
AsalamuAlaykum,

make dua inshaAllah :)

Woodrow
09-25-2006, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiira
Salaama Caleikum sisters and brothers

I have this problem which has been giving me bad headache :hiding: for a year now . I have graduated from polytechnic school in Finland a year ago as a chemical researcher and since then i have had difficulties to find a job. I have calculated that i have send over 30 application for the past year. I have noticed as a muslimah who wears her hijab and have a muslim name fiding a job in this part of the world is very difficult. It feel likes i have studied for nothing just useless, why even i bothered i should have known better :cry: Did anyone of you had this kind of problem?. If you did how did you solved?.

Sometimes i think that perhaps this is a test from Allah and i have to be strong and make Duaa :rollseyes
Keep in mind a job search is a job in itself. It takes a full time effort and does demand at least 8 hours per day. Sadly most people with the best skills are the ones least trained in job searching. I used to do volunteer work at a job bank. It was very difficult to teach people how to search for jobs. I used to stress on them the necessity of sending in at least one application per hour every day. What I found was that typicaly only one out of every 100 applications would result in an acknowledgement. Only one out every 10 acknowledgements would result in an interview and that on the average a person would have to go to 3 interviews before being hired and if they were seeking a specific benefits or salaries that could increase to 50 or more. I also found that the more qualified a person was the more difficult it was to find them a specific job. Normaly I would count on it taking up to 3 years to place a professional person and only a few days to placed an unskilled laborer.

The point being, increase your job search. Forget the idea that the turn downs are based on Gender. Reality is a company wants profit makers, not PR. Next time you go for an interview, keep in mind that you need to convince the interviewer that you can make a profit for the company and that your production will be worth at least 3 times the salary. Typicaly for a person to be hired by a company, the company anticipates the persons production to be 3 times the persons salary and that is just the break even point. A company is not going to hire somebody they feel will not produce a profit and at the same time a good personnel manager is not going to turn down somebody he/she believes is going to make the company a profit.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DigitalStorm82
09-25-2006, 04:43 PM
I agree with brother woodrow, you need to demonstrate how valuable you will be to the company.

Also, descrimination is yet there... whether we see it or not. But dont let that defeat you...

I graduated college in June... I'm still searching for a job. They say on average it takes at least 6 months to find a job. But Inshallah will help us find good jobs when the time is right...

Keep making duas...

salaamz,
Hamid

lolwatever
09-26-2006, 11:41 AM
Sometimes i think that perhaps this is a test from Allah and i have to be strong and make Duaa :rolleyes:
spot on sis! exactly what it is.

be patient, you never know, perhaps something that you don't like could have alot of khayr in it.

make dua and ask Allah to grant u wats best for u in this duny and hereafter :)

salams

DigitalStorm82
09-26-2006, 08:10 PM
How can you be posting all over the place with a disabled account? lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.