/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Journey to Swiss....

Ameeratul Layl
09-25-2006, 12:50 PM
:salaam: :beard: :muslimah:

:Crescent: Ramadhan Mubarak! :Crescent:

In February I will be going to Switzerland with my Physics class. I was told by someone that Switzerland will be very cold at that time, minus numbers.

I just wanted to ask:

1)Do people speak English in Geneva? (I found out that 75% of the popultaion speak German).
2)What are the Youth Hostels like? Are they clean or really filthy?
3)Do they use Euros?

:w: and jazakAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
F.Y.
09-26-2006, 12:30 AM
!)I am not sure but most of the people in Switzerland are bilingual (german/french) so i am sure you will find some that speak english. How about finding some useful phrases in german and practising them? Plus, you will be with your school...so wouldnt they train you a bit for it? Or if you get lost, its ok, coz you will have a friend with you. But I'm sure they must be speaking english. European countries are really good with learning languages and being multilingual.
2)no idea
3)I'm pretty sure they do!

Hope that helps. If it doesnt - sorry. But I am sure you could go to a much better place like Wikeapedia and they would tell you a lot more!!

north_malaysian
09-26-2006, 06:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl

1)Do people speak English in Geneva? (I found out that 75% of the popultaion speak German).
75% of Swiss speak German, but Geneva is a french-speaking city...

duskiness
09-27-2006, 06:13 PM
I just wanted to ask:
Swiss have 4 official languages. In Geneva they speak french. But i think you don't need to worry, people there are good at languages (everyone would be living in a country with 4) so you should easily find an english speaking person
2)What are the Youth Hostels like? Are they clean or really filthy?
rather clean. It Swiss in the end! the most orderly country in the world! ;)
3)Do they use Euros?
no, swiss franc
n.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.