/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Have we as Muslims failed Palestine?

Woodrow
09-25-2006, 01:27 PM
It strikes me as very interesting that when it appears that Palestine can be helped with military aid we are ready to jump in. but, where were we when Palestine could have been helped economicaly. Where were we when Palestine was working to become an independant productive country. Where was our support when Palestine tries to sell it's produce and products on the open market and become self sufficient.

Even though Israel has trade barriers vis a vis Palestinian exported goods and services, it remains Palestine’s biggest trade partner with 94.3% of all Palestinian exports going to Israel. Left with a mere 5.7% being traded with fellow Arab states. Countries such as Syria, Lebanon and Kuwait actually prohibit Palestinian goods from entering their countries, under the pre-text that this would mean recognizing, or in that matter making peace with Israel. However the simple question arises, what does trade with Palestine have to do with recognizing Israel? Other Arab countries such as the likes of Egypt and Libya actually have the audacity to impose trade barriers in an attempt to marginalise the quantity of Palestinian exports flowing into their countries. In someway these actions reflect the actual support Palestine receives on the political level. Funnily enough, Arab products are traded without entry barriers and are available duty-free in Palestine. Why not have trade relationships with Palestine, which is supposedly the number 1 cause in the Arab world, based on reciprocity.

Jordan, Saudia Arabia and the United Arab Emirates represent the only Arab states to comply with the 2001 Arab Summit resolution, “calling for an end to trade barriers, lifting political barriers and exempting Palestinian products from tariffs.” In another statement commenting on this issue Samir Hulileh went on to say, “The Arab world continues to support Palestine, for which we are very grateful. However, there is more that can be done. We urge Arab governments to translate their political backing into ones that can also build business partnerships.”
Palestinian exports come in the form of Non metallic mineral manufacturers, fruits and vegetables, iron and steel, furniture and mattresses, footwear, tobacco products, cork and wood and finally animal and vegetable fertilizers. Ironically the Palestinian National Authority has free trade agreements with Israel, the USA, Canada, the EU, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Iceland and Norway. With only partial agreements on free trade, with Egypt and Jordan. Left with the question what about the remaining 20 Arab states?
Source: http://www.miftah.org/Display.cfm?Do...1&CategoryId=3

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Geronimo
09-25-2006, 02:08 PM
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkk. That said I think muslims have failed Palestine greatly by not willing to comprimise. By taking the stand that they will take nothing less than the removal of Israel they undermine what should be the ultimate goal. A palestinain state.

Ninth_Scribe
09-25-2006, 03:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
It strikes me as very interesting that when it appears that Palestine can be helped with military aid we are ready to jump in. but, where were we when Palestine could have been helped economicaly. Where were we when Palestine was working to become an independant productive country. Where was our support when Palestine tries to sell it's produce and products on the open market and become self sufficient.
My question exactly. But, no matter... I didn't hear no phat lady sing so the game is still on!

Ninth Scribe

din_gen
09-25-2006, 03:19 PM
For me... yes.. Because we failed to bring this mess to the justice.. read the "Bush get in Jail" thread forum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
09-25-2006, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by din_gen
For me... yes.. Because we failed to bring this mess to the justice.. read the "Bush get in Jail" thread forum
True. If the surrounding Nations had supported Palestine economicaly, the Palestinian people never would have been dependent on Israel for their economy. As it is the about only country Palestinians can sell their production to is to Israel. Plus most Palestinians can not find work in the West Bank and need to go to Israel to work. The economic prison is much stronger then any walls or fences. Sadly, the Arab Nations can buy Palestinian goods duty free, but they refuse to trade with them.

This could have all been a war fought with economic competition without a single bullet being fired.

starfortress
09-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Agreed with you Bro Woodrow on that.But for me the priority for Muslim country is to help them establish a steady and uncorrupted government(almost impossible):? ,otherwise it would lead to internal distruction result from mismanagement.

Zulkiflim
09-25-2006, 05:29 PM
Salaam,

again they forget,how can the arab world or muslim world empower palestine when the Isrealis control the ports and the opening to other countries.

As always,the Isrealis are doing land grab and are using using the the name Palestine to market their goods that is why most arab nations boycott this.

Murder Palesitnian,grab their land and then use their name to market Isrelais goods...

Despicable..

Now even with Israel owing the Palesitnian 50 million monthly,they will not release this money becasue they wish to CAST FEAR On every inhavbitant of Palestine.

If the Arab nation or any muslim nation accept good that travel via Israel then it is givng Israel profits not of their making.

The Palestinian have no choice BUT to deal with the Isrealis and have trade aggrement with them,,why simple,,where are their border and how will they ship the goods?

Isreal has already siad it will bomb and destroy any plans for Gaza to build a port thus removing a viable income form the Isrealis goveremnt tax.

so tell me anyone,how cna we support Israel with money and an econmy while the Isrealis consider the Palestianina s less than human?

So until a Paletinian nation is built ,muslim should have no trade relation with the Israel.
The western nation already have the paletinain cornered already depending on western aid,thus they have a leverage,to oppress and force their way onto Palestinian.

i am sure in time should the boycott fail,these western nation will press on the Palestina to allow the Dome to be destoyed for their survival..

So continue the boycott,boycott Isrealis good.

The only way for Palesitne to be anation is if the Muslim world unite and leaders once and for all stop all trade with coutnries backing Israel...but as i said,the Muslim leaders are too enaoumred with the secular lifetyle....than to follow Islam..

As do some "moderates muslim " here too..

Geronimo
09-25-2006, 05:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

again they forget,how can the arab world or muslim world empower palestine when the Isrealis control the ports and the opening to other countries.

As always,the Isrealis are doing land grab and are using using the the name Palestine to market their goods that is why most arab nations boycott this.

Murder Palesitnian,grab their land and then use their name to market Isrelais goods...

Despicable..

Now even with Israel owing the Palesitnian 50 million monthly,they will not release this money becasue they wish to CAST FEAR On every inhavbitant of Palestine.
Stop blowing up stuff and those ports can open. Wow I'm good maybe I can be a dipomat. I just solved the middle east conflict in one sentence. Where's my Peace Prize?

din_gen
09-25-2006, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Geronimo
Stop blowing up stuff and those ports can open. Wow I'm good maybe I can be a dipomat. I just solved the middle east conflict in one sentence. Where's my Peace Prize?
They really care about their muslims brother and sisters that facing a war that they never want to. Why you want them to stop blowing up stuff? Who are you? The President of UN?

Keltoi
09-25-2006, 05:48 PM
I think it has been fairly obvious historically that Arab and Muslim nations haven't been generous or giving to Palestinians. However, they don't mind using the Palestinian situation as a political tool in their home countries. Palestinians are in a similar situation to the Jewish people before the creation of Israel. They are in their own diaspora, and don't have a homeland to fall back on. Muslim nations and the West need to work together to create the best outcome for Palestinians, alongside the nation of Israel.

Geronimo
09-25-2006, 05:52 PM
They really care about their muslims brother and sisters that facing a war that they never want to. Why you want them to stop blowing up stuff? Who are you? The President of UN?
Nope and the UN has a Secretary General not a President. That being said things would be a lot better if I was Secretary-General

din_gen
09-25-2006, 06:01 PM
Nope and the UN has a Secretary General not a President. That being said things would be a lot better if I was Secretary-General

By refusing other peoples opinion? Is that why you being here?

Ninth_Scribe
09-25-2006, 06:34 PM
True. If the surrounding Nations had supported Palestine economicaly, the Palestinian people never would have been dependent on Israel for their economy. As it is the about only country Palestinians can sell their production to is to Israel. Plus most Palestinians can not find work in the West Bank and need to go to Israel to work. The economic prison is much stronger then any walls or fences. Sadly, the Arab Nations can buy Palestinian goods duty free, but they refuse to trade with them.

This could have all been a war fought with economic competition without a single bullet being fired.
Still time to turn the tables, for any of the willing ~ you all have talents to contribute ;)

Ninth Scribe

Geronimo
09-25-2006, 07:48 PM
By refusing other peoples opinion? Is that why you being here?
No by challenging people to a contest of Hungry Hungry Hippos

Woodrow
09-25-2006, 08:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
Still time to turn the tables, for any of the willing ~ you all have talents to contribute ;)

Ninth Scribe
That will happen if people can understand that wars fought with weapons are no longer a feasible option. There was a time when all it took was military supperioity to win a war. However, in todays world the true wars are now battles of economics. Bombs and bullets only kill people. International trade and economics determine who wins a war. Palestines best weapon is to develope economic stability and self sufficiency. That can be achieved with the cooperation of Muslims. Going in to fight a physical battle is now archaic and non productive. No country has won a war by military might since WW2 and even the outcome of that is debatable as to who won.

The entire Israel-Palestine region is incapable of economic growth without the cooperation of the surrounding neighbors. Neither country has sufficient resources to produce any products that would sustain the economy of them. The only truly exportable products are technology and investment in foreign businesses. The future of either is going to be as development into a major trade center or a major education center, possibly a combination of both. Palestine has the potential to become the prime distribution center for Jordan, Lebannon and Syria. But, they will have to help support Palestine for that to happen. Little can be achieved as long as Palestine only has one trade partner and that partner is currently Israel. Muslims need to buy Palestine produced products until Palestine can experience growth. Warfare is destructive for Palestine's future

ManchesterFolk
09-26-2006, 01:32 AM
What would happen if Israel ceased to trade with the Palestinians? Chaos in West Bank and Gaza.

Woodrow
09-26-2006, 01:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ManchesterFolk
What would happen if Israel ceased to trade with the Palestinians? Chaos in West Bank and Gaza.
Economics is a very powerful weapon and has replaced armament as a means of defeating a nation. either deliberatly or unplanned it is keeping the Palestinians in shackles. The only way they can break those shackles is to concentrate on economic development and become self reliant. They can not afford to think of military might, as the price of it prevents them from developing the best weapon they have.

Zulkiflim
09-26-2006, 05:15 AM

Heya

I agree,,the best solution is for Isreal to stop using bombs and wmd to force cooperation..

It only creates enimity.

The people attack the Palestinian but when the Paletinian defend themsevles they are the terrorist.

So it is a line used by moderates muslim in support of Israel as well as warmogner and evangleist and kafirs..
Inshallah,the reckoning is for eternal..

Zulkiflim
09-26-2006, 05:17 AM
Salaam,

Good question,what has happened now..

Under bobsa dn road block,women barred form hospital and medical,children gunned down..and YET...

Palestinian still thrive their Birth rate is 3 X that of Isrealis...

As they say in the end,the people control the land...Inshallah.

And by the way,you do know that the Isrealis land grab Palestinian land force palestinian to work there and sll their produce made in Palestina land as made in Israel...

Cool huh,wonder what would Israel do wihout thes FERTILE lands..to feed them and others..

More aid from the US and a bigger debt,inshallah..

Zulkiflim
09-26-2006, 05:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
I think it has been fairly obvious historically that Arab and Muslim nations haven't been generous or giving to Palestinians. However, they don't mind using the Palestinian situation as a political tool in their home countries. Palestinians are in a similar situation to the Jewish people before the creation of Israel. They are in their own diaspora, and don't have a homeland to fall back on. Muslim nations and the West need to work together to create the best outcome for Palestinians, alongside the nation of Israel.

Salaam,

you read what you want to dont you,it is simple lah,In Islam when we give we do not HIGHLIGHT it for the world to know.

The west want to be known as a donor a fund raiser....but let me ask you,,to whom do the west give moeny more to ?

To arm Israel or to raise life?

the answer to arm israel..

I am very sure that moderate muslim here in this forum will never see the truth of the western hyrpocrisy,,,,Give aid to Lebanon while sending Bombs to Israel.

Inshallah
09-26-2006, 05:22 AM
We haven't failed and the reason being is because we never tried. You need to try before you can actually fail at something. When we rise to the occasion the question of failing palestine will be determined.

north_malaysian
09-26-2006, 05:26 AM
Yes.. we Muslims are responsible for mess in Palestine.... we are all selfish people...

Sherrif
09-26-2006, 07:09 AM
I believe Muslim countries surrounding Palestine would be willing should the situation be different from that which is desribed here below:

Both the West Bank and Gaza are impoverished as a result of Israel's unlawful withholding of Palestinian tax revenues and the Quartet's decision to withhold aid. Since 1994 the OPT has become heavily dependent on foreign aid. Consequently the withholding of aid, coupled with the prohibition on the transfer of money to the Palestinian Authority, its agencies and its projects, imposed by the US-controlled international banking system, in effect amount to economic sanctions. This is the first time an occupied people, whose economic welfare is supposed to be protected by the Fourth Geneva Convention, has been subjected to economic sanctions. This economic strangulation has had a severe impact on the social and economic rights of Palestinians. Over one million of Palestine's population of 3.5 million are directly affected by the non-payment of government salaries. In addition, the private sector has also suffered. Unemployment and poverty are consequently on the increase.

Israel is in violation of countless UN resolutions and refuses to comply with the 2004 Advisory Opinion of the International Court of Justice. The Quartet has taken no action against Israel and, politely, fails to even remind Israel of its obligations under the Advisory Opinion. But now it has, in effect, imposed economic sanctions - not on the Palestinian Authority - but on the Palestinian people.
It seems a little void to accuse Arab countries of not supporting Palestine as much as they are expected. They are waging their own wars against therats coming from many directions.

Woodrow
09-26-2006, 07:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sherrif
I believe Muslim countries surrounding Palestine would be willing should the situation be different from that which is desribed here below:

It seems a little void to accuse Arab countries of not supporting Palestine as much as they are expected. They are waging their own wars against therats coming from many directions.
Most of them do not seem to be aware that their greatest help for Palestine would be to stop the trade embargos they have against Palestinian products. 20 Arab nations will not allow trade with Palestine, yet they will trade with countries that Israel investors will profit from.

Keltoi
09-26-2006, 04:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

you read what you want to dont you,it is simple lah,In Islam when we give we do not HIGHLIGHT it for the world to know.

The west want to be known as a donor a fund raiser....but let me ask you,,to whom do the west give moeny more to ?

To arm Israel or to raise life?

the answer to arm israel..

I am very sure that moderate muslim here in this forum will never see the truth of the western hyrpocrisy,,,,Give aid to Lebanon while sending Bombs to Israel.
Quite an interesting set of statements there, especially the line about "moderate" Muslims not seeing Western "hypocrisy". Are you saying they would see the "hypocrisy" if they were extremists? If you want to talk about hypocrisy, look at all the Arab governments that use the Palestinian issue for popular support in their countries, yet nothing is really done to aid the Palestinian people, unless you count sending money to the families of suicide bombers. Yes, the U.S. and Europe give quite a bit of money to the Palestinians, or they did before the election of Hamas. Also, you should stop believing the fantasy that Israel cannot arm itself. It has a very productive arms sector.

Skillganon
09-26-2006, 05:18 PM

Source: http://www.miftah.org/Display.cfm?Do...1&CategoryId=3

I think we failed, our brothers and Sister's all over the world miserably, palestine we failed them for longer, and very badly.

Woodrow
09-27-2006, 05:57 AM
Now that we have had discussion over how we have failed Palestine, the question is how can we help Palestine. There are steps we can take and there are things each of us can do.

Learn more about Palestine

Establish contact with Palestinians living in Palestine

Do business with Palestinian businesses

We can do those things right from our chairs without even leaving home. For the more ambitious that can afford to leave home for a week>

Olive Harvest 2006
September 10th, 2006 | Posted in Olive Harvest 2006
Your presence is needed for the Olive Harvest 2006 in Palestine!

Palestinian communities are calling for the presence of international activists to support them in the 2006 Olive Harvest. Throughout the West Bank and Gaza, Palestinian land continues to be stolen for illegal Israeli colonies and the Apartheid Wall as well as settler roads, checkpoints, and closed military zones.

Since October 2000, hundreds of thousands of olive trees have been bulldozed, uprooted, or burned by the Israeli military and Israeli settler colonists. The olive tree has been a native symbol for Palestinians for hundreds of years. As well as a source of livelihood and a symbol of the people’s bond to their land, the olive tree is also a powerful symbol of cooperation between peoples.

Cooperative actions between internationals and Palestinians have concentrated around the olive tree. Palestinian communities remain steadfast and are strengthened in refusing to give up their olive harvest. The solidarity offered by international activists enables many families to pick their olives and stay in their communities
Source: http://www.palsolidarity.org/main/20...-harvest-2006/

For the less able we can support the few remaining Palestinian businesses. Even if we have no use for their products, perhaps a donation to the companies, to help them afford to stay in business. There are not many Palestinian businesses left.

Here is a link to the Palestinian businesses that are currently doing online Business.

http://www.palestine-net.com/business/list.html

We can learn more about Palestine and see the views of Palestians, direct from Palestine. Here is a good link to bring you right into Palestine.

http://www.palestine-net.com/

And finaly we can read Palestinian news as written by Palestinians in Palestine.

http://www.palestine-net.com/intifada.html

As a last touch we can show our solidarity with Palestinians.

http://www.palestine-net.com/new.html

Better yet, for those fluent in Arabic:

http://ww.palvoice.com/index.php

north_malaysian
09-27-2006, 06:30 AM
Now that we have had discussion over how we have failed Palestine, the question is how can we help Palestine. There are steps we can take and there are things each of us can do.

We can do those things right from our chairs without even leaving home. For the more ambitious that can afford to leave home for a week>

For the less able we can support the few remaining Palestinian businesses. Even if we have no use for their products, perhaps a donation to the companies, to help them afford to stay in business. There are not many Palestinian businesses left.

Here is a link to the Palestinian businesses that are currently doing online Business.

We can learn more about Palestine and see the views of Palestians, direct from Palestine. Here is a good link to bring you right into Palestine.

And finaly we can read Palestinian news as written by Palestinians in Palestine.

Woodrow, do you know any link or source about Palestinians being direct descendants of the Canaanites?

Woodrow
09-27-2006, 06:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Woodrow, do you know any link or source about Palestinians being direct descendants of the Canaanites?

3'rd millennium BC : The Canaanites were the earliest known inhabitants of Palestine. They became urbanized and lived in city-states, one of which was Jericho . They developed an alphabet. Palestine's location at the center of routes linking three continents made it the meeting place for religious and cultural influences from Egypt, Syria, Mesopotamia, and Asia Minor. It was also the natural battleground for the great powers of the region and subject to domination by adjacent empires, beginning with Egypt in the 3d millennium BC.
Source: http://www.palestinehistory.com/palst.htm

The more we learn about Palestinians the more we can help them. This is a jihad that needs to be fought with, knowledge, peace, cooperation and many D'uas. Not with Bullets and bombs.

Woodrow
09-27-2006, 05:09 PM
All to often we think we see what we can do to help Palestinians and then act without knowledge. We act from the stand points of anger and ignorance and all too often our actions cause more harm than good. It is all to easy to think in terms of military power, physical Jihad and boycots. Those show active participation, but they do not bring about the desired results.

We need to listen to the experts. Educated and intelligent people who are living in Palestine and who know what will bring about true freedom for the Palestinians.. This is what they are crying out for us to do:

International participation is important for a number of reasons:

1.Protection: An international presence at Palestinian civilian actions can ensure a degree of protection for Palestinians engaged in nonviolent resistance.

2.Message to the mainstream media: The Palestinian struggle is not accurately reported by the mainstream corporate media. The mainstream media portrays Israelis and Palestinians as two equal sides who can’t live together fighting over a piece of land, instead of an Israeli military occupation and a Palestinian struggle for freedom, self-determination and human rights. People from all over the world that join us can reach out to their respective media and help dispel this notion.
Personal witness and transmitting information: International civilians joining Palestinians can bear witness and return home to talk to their communities about what is happening.

3.Break isolation and provide hope: The occupation isolates Palestinians and cuts them off from the rest of the world and from each other. International ciivilians coming in, despite restrictions, send a message to the Palestinian community - "we see, we hear and we are with you." Hope that people acting together can change things is a cornerstone of our philosophy and message.

Source: http://www.palsolidarity.org/main/about-ism/

ManchesterFolk
09-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Most of the Arab countries did fail because they waged war so many times, including once on a day that Jews regard as holiest, and they were destroyed in all the wars. (In '48, there was no big USA help of Israel).

But I believe this to be God's intervention, not Arab failure.

Woodrow
09-27-2006, 07:06 PM
Most of the Arab countries did fail because they waged war so many times, including once on a day that Jews regard as holiest, and they were destroyed in all the wars. (In '48, there was no big USA help of Israel).

But I believe this to be God's intervention, not Arab failure.
Let us now return to the topic of how we who are Muslims have failed our Palestinian brothers and what we can do about it.

Curaezipirid
09-27-2006, 07:22 PM
Alaikumassalam

the facts presented in this thread are heavy indeed

yet are they any more heavily weighted than any of the delusions which have come along with any of the material wealth of modern nation states?

my belief is that as time approached(s) the moments in which there will become (and in fact already have) deeds enacted that are causal to the existance of any black magic, and thereby also causal to the existance of all money, we can not help but have been loosing sight of the real worth of ourselves

many are fallen to supposing that the shaytan's money is that of real Islam.
the same problem is at fault in all the fall of Aboriginal Australia.

yet many are we also whom realise this even as it happens to us

of course we must be held as responsible in instances in which we know we could have made better results than are now apparent

sadly the same money trick that makes black skin folk hate white skin folk and white hate black; also causes that Muslims hate Jews and Jews Muslim
etc etc etc it is a trick that can only eventually undermine whomsoever actualises it by using

is there any realistic help that other Arabs could have given Palestinians which was not infected with such?

wasalam

snakelegs
09-27-2006, 08:26 PM

this is an excellent thread! it might be the best thread i've seen here about the palestinians. it's the first i've seen about actually doing something constructive to support them.

Ninth_Scribe
09-29-2006, 08:35 PM
The more we learn about Palestinians the more we can help them. This is a jihad that needs to be fought with, knowledge, peace, cooperation and many D'uas. Not with Bullets and bombs.
I'm from a radically different school (and I'm apparently the only person on the planet that sees things this way). I believe in Judea, because the tribes of Benjamin and Judah still exist. I refuse to accept Israel as a reality because that land belonged to the ten tribes the Judeans fought against. They were vanquished. According to the Torah, they are the only ones who can lay an ancestral claim to the lands that were Israel. In my book, because these brothers fought against each other (destroying the divine covenant they all made with God), this was divine Justice and it would be a blasphemy for any Judean to occupy what was Israelite land. Ezra himself didn't dare to do that upon his return from Babylon and he was a master of the Laws of Moshe (Moses).
This matter involves Judean law (respectively, all the laws that govern the inheritence of land). I do not believe the descendants of the tribes of Benjamin and Judah (the current Jews) have any legal right to claim the lands of the 10 tribes of Israel and I will be making a formal challenge to that effect at the end of next month.

No bombs. No bullets. 100 percent by the Book.

Ninth Scribe

Keltoi
09-30-2006, 04:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
This matter involves Judean law (respectively, all the laws that govern the inheritence of land). I do not believe the descendants of the tribes of Benjamin and Judah (the current Jews) have any legal right to claim the lands of the 10 tribes of Israel and I will be making a formal challenge to that effect at the end of next month.

No bombs. No bullets. 100 percent by the Book.

Ninth Scribe
I'm sorry, but either you have delusions of grandeur, or you are some powerful world leader here in disguise.

wilberhum
10-02-2006, 04:50 PM
With the latest internal fighting, looting, and burning buildings, it looks to me like the Palestinians are failing the Palestinians.

north_malaysian
10-03-2006, 02:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
With the latest internal fighting, looting, and burning buildings, it looks to me like the Palestinians are failing the Palestinians.
what's wrong with them.... we're sympathize of them .... but they dont sympathize themselves...

Woodrow
10-03-2006, 02:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
what's wrong with them.... we're sympathize of them .... but they dont sympathize themselves...
One word I think sums it up. FRUSTRATION

People that are frustrated can not see any solutions and seek immediate solutions, yet do not know where to look, so they strike out at any perceived target. It is very difficult for people to see any solutions within themselves, so the next option is to blame those who are the closest.

The solutions have many paths, none of which are immediate.

Things that need to be looked at are:

Internal development, both spiritual and material

Long term goals of developing resources

A long term government, that truly wants growth and not simple expansion

Education both Islamic and scientific

Establishment of partnerships and/or treaties with neighboring countries

It is a hard long road and it will take time and much effort on the part of the Palestinians along with support from the Ummah. But the bottom line is they will ultimatly be responsible for their own future.

north_malaysian
10-03-2006, 03:17 AM

People that are frustrated can not see any solutions and seek immediate solutions, yet do not know where to look, so they strike out at any perceived target. It is very difficult for people to see any solutions within themselves, so the next option is to blame those who are the closest.

It is a hard long road and it will take time and much effort on the part of the Palestinians along with support from the Ummah. But the bottom line is they will ultimatly be responsible for their own future.
We also frustrated for all money we donated for the Palestinians ... but they ended up killing each others....

Keltoi
10-03-2006, 07:59 PM
The Palestinian people put alot of hope in the PLO, and that organization served a purpose for many years. Primarily because the PLO gave them a sense of identity and purpose. Unfortunately, this same organization was less than responsible with all the money than was donated to aid the plight of the Palestinians.

Torquemada
10-03-2006, 08:17 PM

How stupid does that sound? I'm frustrated that the police keep kicking down my door so I gonna beat the crap outta my brother?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.