/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How was your day today?????

Ann
09-26-2006, 04:34 AM
So last night I went to work as usual (I work the night shifit and usually get off duty at 6:30am) Before I make it out the door though Im told I needed at a meeting across town at 8:30am. Well you can imagine I was not at all happy to hear that since I'm already tired and I was hoping to get a bit of sleep before Zuhr prayer. Well since I dont have a choice in the matter, off I go to the meeting.

About an hour into it, Im only half awake and of course cant have any coffee so when the speaker tells us were going on a tour of the bldg Im thinking "Great! I'll get up, move around and get some energy back". So we head down the hall and all pile into the elevator, the plan being to start on the top floor and work our way down. Guess what??? We never made it to the top floor but instead stopped right smack in the middle of floor 4 and floor 5. :rollseyes

Are we....???? Yep were stuck! :uuh:16 of us in a tiny little elevator and not even enough room to sit down. So to make a long story short I didnt get any sleep and I ended up offering Zuhr prayer standing in the corner of the shiny metal box (of course I couldnt do the rukoo or sujud) sourrounded by 15 people (non muslims) who I'm sure thought I was crazy. LOL no not really... actually they were all very nice ppl and luckily no one got panicked or crazy we just joked about it and some were even taking picutres with mobile phones to pass time. " ok everone, happy faces!... ok now sad faces!" Anyway when the fire department finally got us of there, alhumdulilah, we all laughed and headed strait for the stairwell. Something tells me that non of us will see the inside of another elevator for quite some time. :giggling:

:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~Stranger~
09-26-2006, 05:00 AM
" ok everone, happy faces!... ok now sad faces!"
:D i dont know why i found this part funny. well at least some ppl see the bright side of the situation and thats a bless
:w:

Tania
09-26-2006, 05:02 AM
ohhh...i think you forgot about the sleepy mood. :giggling: I don't take either the elevators but the buildings are small(like 4 floors)
I find them scarry and i heard so much stories about them

Ann
09-26-2006, 05:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Stranger~
:D i dont know why i found this part funny. well at least some ppl see the bright side of the situation and thats a bless

It was rather comical!:happy:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~Stranger~
09-26-2006, 05:06 AM
I find them scarry and i heard so much stories about them
stories like what?? :?

Tania
09-26-2006, 05:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Stranger~

stories like what?? :?
a.They were stucked in the elevator, no mobile phones, no one around to help them, so they decided to open the door, wanted to jump on the floor, but the first one which jumped fell down in the elevator corridor.
b.The elevator stucked between floors(6-7), she decided to jump on the 6th floor, sit on the edge of elevator ( to can jump properly) and exactly at that moment the elevator start to move up again and crushed her to the top of the 7th floor.
c.and there was the case when the elevator engine left the entire cable to fall down quickly so the entire cabine smashed to the ground.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.