/* */

PDA

View Full Version : why do ppl pray 8 or 12 rakat of teraweeh and leave da mosque?

Helena
09-26-2006, 09:31 AM
:sl:

this question been in my head for a long time...wen i started to pray teraweeh at the mosque for the last 4-5 years...alhamdulilah....

question hasnt been cleared yet....

why do brothers or sisters pray 8 rakat or 12 rakat of teraweeh and leave....why not fully pray 20 rakat?.......

wots the reason behind it?.....anyone knw......i knw 20 rakat is sunnat.......

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salmaan
09-26-2006, 10:00 AM
:sl:

May be they get tired. :rollseyes

Taraweeh is important. We should not leave the mosque in the middle of taraweeh, but we should pray full 20 rakaats insha'Allah :)

:w:

Helena
09-26-2006, 10:02 AM
perhaps...wots gotta do wid tiredness....u shud fully pray the 20 rakat inshalah...once in a month u pray teraweeh.......

unless diff madhabs follow different ways.....i dunno.....

09-26-2006, 10:07 AM
Some people believe that u should pray only 8 and others 20 rakat. There are some hadith but i don't have them on me - can some1 find the hadith? :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DigitalStorm82
09-26-2006, 10:09 AM
Asalamu Alaikum,

Prophet (sws) used to pray 8... and then 3 witr to make it a total of 11 rakaah.
(Which is recommended... because you read Quran slowly and contemplate on its verses)

Omar (rad) is the one who started praying 20 rakaah.
He's one of the rightly guided Khalifahs... so they are both ok to follow.

Finishing the Quran in taraweeh in Ramadan month... I don't know whether Omar did that or the prophet... or if its something totally new.

But whatever the case.. I think its better to recite Quran slowly during taraweeh than to rush everything just to finish Quran in 30 days.

As far as people leaving in middle... perhaps they are following the prophet sunnah.. or they are just tired... or have to go to work... taraweeh is sunnah, so there is no sin on anyone if they decide to leave early.

However it is said, that it is best to stay with the Imaam till he finishes with witr... whether he does 8 or 20. If you wish to continue prayer you can 2 nafil prayer for the rest of the night... as much as you want.. (especially on the last 10 days of Ramadan)

W'salaamz,
Hamid

09-26-2006, 10:11 AM
Jazakallah khair akhee :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.