/* */

PDA

View Full Version : can people help me out in Islamic Studies inshallah

Kittygyal
09-26-2006, 04:13 PM
salam,
can someone help me out here please with all respect, i need some information about "Imam Shafi rahmatullah alai" does anyone have any information in detailed && also maybe a little bit about his Bio. :)
w.salam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*love4isl@m*
09-26-2006, 04:20 PM
:salaam: :)
I hav this biography from the web:
is u would like 2 read from it, He is one of the scholars of the madhab
shafiee...For further details read:

Imam Shafiee(R.A.)

IMAM SHAFI-EE Scholar

Early Life

Abu Abdullah Muhammad Bin Idris descends from the Hashimi family of the Quraish tribe to which Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) belongs. He was born in Gaza, Syria in 767 and became famous as Imam Shafi-ee. He lost his father early in life and was brought up by his mother in abject poverty in the city of Mecca. He spent much time among the Bedouins and acquired very great knowledge of Arabic poetry.

Life as Student

At the age of twenty, he went to Madina and remained there as a student of Imam Malik till the later’s death in 796. He also came into contact with other learned men from whom he acquired knowledge of the Holy Qur’an and the Traditions of the Holy Prophet Muhammad. Imam Shafi-ee possessed a very sharp memory and knew the whole of Imam Malik's Muwatta by heart. In 804 he visited Syria and from there proceeded to Egypt where he settled down. As a pupil of Imam Malik he was received with great honor and respect by the Egyptians.

Teachings of Imam Shafi

In 810 he went to Baghdad and there he was surrounded by a large number of students who were eager to acquire knowledge of the faith and practice of Islam from him. The Shafi-ee school of law emerged from these students who practiced and propagated the views and rulings of Imam Shafi-ee through their writings and preaching.

Imam Shafi-ee wrote several books, the most well-known of which is called Kitab-al-Umm, which is a collection of writings and lectures of the Imam. A number of his students have also collected his writings, lectures and rulings in the form of books, or quoted him in their books. Baghdad in Iraq and Cairo in Egypt were the chief centers of Imam Shafiee's activities. It is from these two cities that teachings of the Shafi-ee school spread in the 9th century of the Christian era.

During the time of Sultan Salahuddeen (Saladin), the Shafi-ee doctrine was the most prominent in Egypt, and to this day the Imam of the Al-Azhar Masjid is always a Shafi-ee and the Shafi-ee Madhhab is industriously studied along with that of the other three schools of the Sunnis.

During his life Imam Shafi-ee also suffered from political intrigues. For instance, after studying under Imam Malik in Madina he was sent to fill an office in Yemen, where he was accused of political involvement which resulted in his arrest. He was taken as prisoner to Harun al-Rasheed. The Khalifa however found him innocent and the Imam was honorably released.

Imam Shaafi-ee died in the year 820 in Egypt.

http://www.itsislam.net/articles/imam_shafi.asp

:w:

Kittygyal
09-26-2006, 04:42 PM
salam.
where can i purchase the Kitab called Kitab-Al-Umm By imam Shafiee ??, i mean i live in UK (Bristol) i've been looking everywhere but no sign of that book, anywhere else?
w.salam

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-26-2006, 04:46 PM
:salamext:

http://www.islamicboard.com/biograph...m-shafiee.html

There's a thread that you can look at.:)

http://fadakbooks.com/kiallial.html

There's a site where you can purchase the books. They seem expensive though.

:wasalamex

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
09-26-2006, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed

http://www.islamicboard.com/biograph...m-shafiee.html

There's a thread that you can look at.:)

http://fadakbooks.com/kiallial.html

There's a site where you can purchase the books. They seem expensive though.

salam.
Shukran ukthi, opps i never saw that thread inshallah will read it && save it :)
oh i will order them books inshallah because i really need them at this moment
w.salam

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-26-2006, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salam.
Shukran ukthi, opps i never saw that thread inshallah will read it && save it :)
oh i will order them books inshallah because i really need them at this moment
w.salam
It's fine sis.:)

I've found this too:

http://imamshafi.quickseek.com/#Biography

Kittygyal
09-26-2006, 04:56 PM
It's fine sis.:)

I've found this too:

http://imamshafi.quickseek.com/#Biography

salam.
shukran Ukthi your soo sweet mashallah :wub:

oh "It is said that he memorized the Quran at by age seven and by ten he had memorized the Muwatta of Imam Malik. He was a recognised mufti at the age of fifteen. He recited the entire Quran daily and twice a day during the month of Ramadan." SUBHANALLAH!! i wish we can all be like that inshallah! :cry:
w.salam

- Qatada -
09-26-2006, 04:57 PM
salam.

oh "It is said that he memorized the Quran at by age seven and by ten he had memorized the Muwatta of Imam Malik. He was a recognised mufti at the age of fifteen. He recited the entire Quran daily and twice a day during the month of Ramadan." SUBHANALLAH!! i wish we can all be like that inshallah! :cry:
w.salam

Check this out too insha'Allaah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/halal-fu...aams-fiqh.html

Kittygyal
09-26-2006, 05:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Check this out too insha'Allaah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/halal-fu...aams-fiqh.html

salam.
whow how can i miss these threads, silly me!!, but mashallah greath thread Akhi, i hope i learn something from there inshallah also there's more Imams mashallah , i never knew this "Imaam Shafi'ie was imprisoned because people spread false rumours about him, saying that he was planning on overthrowing the government with other groups." but Alhamdulillah i know now shukran :)
w.salam

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-26-2006, 05:00 PM
salam.

w.salam
It's fine ukhti.:happy: It took me a matter of seconds to find all of this on google.

This part appealed to me: He recited the entire Quran daily and twice a day during the month of Ramadan

MashaAllah.:cry:

Kittygyal
09-26-2006, 05:04 PM
It's fine ukhti.:happy: It took me a matter of seconds to find all of this on google.

This part appealed to me: He recited the entire Quran daily and twice a day during the month of Ramadan

MashaAllah.:cry:

salam.
i know, May Allah make us all be like Imam Shafi'e inshallah, i hope we all act upon this inshallah
w.salam

*love4isl@m*
09-26-2006, 05:07 PM
:salaam: :) sis i found more simple statemens of imaam shafiee if u wanna
use it, it may help u!

:) insha'allah u'll get good grades and find it easier with the posts of
imaam shafiee, sisi had 2 write a bigraphy of imaam shafiee at school
but have no idea where its saved, would have given it 2 u to help but
couldnt find the file...sorry ... :(

***IMAAM SHAFI’EE (RA)***

1. Abu Abdullah Muhammad Ibn Idrees SHAFI'EE (R.A.) was a descendant from the Quraish tribe. He is the Only Imam who is related to Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam)

2. Imam Shafi'ee (RA) was born in Ghazza, Syria in 150 A.H. (765 A.C.) He lost his father during infancy and was raised by his mother under very poor circumstances.

3. He completed HIFZ of the QURAN at the tender age of SEVEN YEARS, and at the age of THIRTEEN memorized the KITABUL-MUATTA of Imam Malik (RA).

4. He spent several time among the Bedouins outside Makka, to acquire a good knowledge of the ARABIC Language.

5. At the age of TWENTY, (170 A.H. / 785 A.C.) he went to MADINA and became a student of IMAM MALIK [RA] who was greatly impressed with the young student who had memorized the Muatta.

6. He stayed with Imam Malik for some time, thereafter he returned to Makka.

7. He also came into contact with other learned men, (81 SHAIKHS ) from all of whom he acquired the knowledge of the QURAN, HADITH & SUNNAH.

8. In 184 A.H. / 799 A.C., Imam Shafi’ee was arrested and taken to Baghdad to appear before Haroon Ar-Rasheed on "trumped up" charges of treason. It was due to the recommendation of IMAAM MUHAMMAD (the state QAZI and student of Imam Abu Hanifa) that Imam Shafi’ee was discharged. He was then 34 years old.

9. Imam Shafi’ee remained in Baghdad as a student of Imaam Muhammad for over three years to add further to his knowledge of Islamic Law.

10. He returned to Makka where he stayed for NINE YEARS delivering lectures on Islamic Law. It was during this period that Imam Ahmad ibn Hambal came into contact with Imam Shafi’ee.

11. In 199 A.H., he went to Egypt where he was received with much honour and respect. He remained here until his death.

12. Imam Shafi’ee was the author of over a hundred books the most important of which is the KITAAB-UL-UMM. It contains the rulings of the Imam on all subjects of Islamic Law.

13. He left behind a large number of dedicated students in Makka, Baghdad and Egypt.

14. The Shafi’ee SCHOOL of THOUGHT emerged from these students who propagated the VIEWS and RULINGS of the Imam through their writings and preachings.

15. Imam Shafi’ee (RA) never committed a major sin nor spoke a lie, nor did he swallow an UNLAWFUL MORSEL of food in his entire life. He never at any time performed Jumma without Ghusal.

16. He was an extremely generous personality who on numerous occasions gave away all he possessed to the poor and needy..

17. He died in Cairo, Egypt, on FRIDAY evening after Maghrib, 29th RAJAB, 204 A.H. (20th JAN; 820 A.C.) after a short illness. Age of 53 / 54 years.

ADDITIONAL FACTS
1. Abu Abdulla Muhammad ibn Idris ibn Al-Abbas bin Usman bin Shafi`ee.

2. His ancestry joins the Prophet at ABD MANAAF.

3. His title is NAASIRUS SUNNAH. He was honoured as AL-IMAAMUL MUJADDID in that he is the MUJADDID of the 2nd century.

4. His birth place is Ghazza / Asqalaan - a place two stages from Jeruselam. He was born in RAJAB 150 A.H.

5. He was two years old when his parents moved to Makka and made it their home.

6. His mother was a YEMENI - of the famous Bani Azd tribe.

7. His ancestor - SHAFI`- was the flag bearer of the Banu Hashim in BADR. He was taken prisoner and released after ransom. Thereafter he embraced Islam.

Another report states: He met the Prophet (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) as a youngster and became a Muslim. However his father - SAA-IB - was the flag bearer.....

8. Imam Shafi’ee completed Hifz at SEVEN and memorised Muatta at TEN years.

9. At FIFTEEN with the permission of his SHAIKH - MUSLIM BIN KHALID ZANJI the Mufti of Makka - started issuing FATWAS.

10. Earlier he spent his time in ARABIC LITERATURE, POETRY. One day at MINA, he heard a voice behind saying: "ALAYKA BIL FIQAH" - (GRASP THE FIQAH)

11.Muslim bin Khalid who had noticed his remarkable intelligence, etc. advised him to study Fiqah. He spent three years with the Shaikh until the age of thirteen.

12. Later he went to Madina to study under Imam Malik. Besides Imam MALIK, he studied HADITH under 81 Shaikhs. In Makka his tutor was Sufyan bin Ainiyyah. Imam Shafi’ee said about these TWO: " HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR IMAM MALIK & SUFYAN, then ILM WOULD NOT HAVE REMAINED IN HIJAZ".

13. He spent eight months with Imam Malik then returned to Makka.

14. He came into contact in 184 A.H. with Imam Muhammad - state Qazi -at Baghdad and stayed with him for over THREE years. Taking into account future visits to the Imam, he spent TEN years with Imam Muhammad.

Comments : "I NEVER CAME ACROSS A GREATER ALIM OF KITABULLAH THAN IMAM MUHAMMAD (RA).

15. Imam Muhammad made this comment: [a]. THE DOOR OF FIQAH WAS SHUT TO THE PEOPLE, ALLAH OPENED IT BECAUSE OF SHAFI’EE.

[b]. IMAM SHAFI’EE IS THE MUJADDID OF DEEN.

16. IMAM Malik made this comment: [A]. NO SCHOLAR, MORE BRILLIANT THAN MUHAMMAD IBN IDRIS SHAFI’EE EVER CAME TO ME AS A PUPIL.

FIQAH SHAFI’EE
The Imam had mastered both MALIKI & HANAFI FIQAH. Keeping both before him, he formulated the basis of the SHAFI’EE Fiqah.

His pupils compiled his works, Fatwas, teachings etc and promoted the SHAFI’EE SCHOOL OF FIQAH.

Kittygyal
09-26-2006, 05:14 PM
salam.
shukran Ukthi, inshallah i will save these all, oh you did this at school, i wish i did it back days in my school but then again Allah Hu A3lim because i can remember we never did islaimic studies, i wrote "islaimc studies" for the title of this thread because if i have any questions on Islam i can ask here instead of making a "new" thread everytime inshallah, if thats fine by the mods :), i really wanted to know Imam Shafi'ees Bio because i've reead some articles about him && also i've heard his name before && my Aalimah always talks about him so yeah she even told me he was the really well known Imam. so i was just like Courious && wanted to know more about him am going to say this again Shukran for everyone whom helped me inshallah May Allah reward you inshallah Allah Tala :)
w.salam

*love4isl@m*
09-26-2006, 05:29 PM
:salaam:

ur welcome sister, alhamdulillah i have its my final yr 11 in islamic school. :)

amirah_87
09-26-2006, 05:37 PM
As salaamu alaykum,

Sis Why don't you check in Google and all the other search engines!!! :?

Kittygyal
09-26-2006, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
As salaamu alaykum,

Sis Why don't you check in Google and all the other search engines!!! :?
salam.
beacuse sometimes i don't trust Google
w.salam

north_malaysian
09-27-2006, 04:56 AM
maybe you should mention about Imam Shafii's books and his method of doing ijtihad..... plus mentioning that Muslims living in the coastal area of the Indian Ocean from Mozambique (in Africa) to Timor Leste (in Asia) follow Shafiite school...

Kittygyal
09-27-2006, 02:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
maybe you should mention about Imam Shafii's books and his method of doing ijtihad..... plus mentioning that Muslims living in the coastal area of the Indian Ocean from Mozambique (in Africa) to Timor Leste (in Asia) follow Shafiite school...

salam.
well akhi i wasn't very sure thats why i asked because i find "sometimes" NET not a trustworthy place because never can trust NET, so i didn't want to go in google && then read something which is wrong, mashallah in Asia they follow Safite School mashallah, are you from that school?
also i will talk about Imam Sahfi'e all day && night walahi i will :)
w.salam

north_malaysian
09-28-2006, 04:19 AM
salam.
well akhi i wasn't very sure thats why i asked because i find "sometimes" NET not a trustworthy place because never can trust NET, so i didn't want to go in google && then read something which is wrong, mashallah in Asia they follow Safite School mashallah, are you from that school?
also i will talk about Imam Sahfi'e all day && night walahi i will :)
w.salam
I follow all mazhabs....

Kittygyal
09-28-2006, 06:07 AM
I follow all mazhabs....
salam.
waht is "mazhabs" sdo you mean "madhabs":?
w.salam

north_malaysian
09-28-2006, 07:20 AM
salam.
waht is "mazhabs" sdo you mean "madhabs":?
w.salam
yupp

Kittygyal
09-28-2006, 08:38 PM
yupp

salam.
okay mashallah :)
w.salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.