/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what to do?

AnonymousPoster
09-27-2006, 12:36 PM
what to do about Ramadhan breath? does mouthwash invalidate the fast?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IceQueen~
09-27-2006, 12:38 PM
yes ur not supposed to use toohtpste either...
why don't u try miswaak? that's excellent reward and gets rid of bad breath too!
try get a good quality one insha allah :) then u can grin >>>>:D

and did you know that the breath of a fasting person is more beloved to Allah than the smell of musk? :wub:

Pretty_najm
09-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Ive read before that the breath of a fasting person is sweeter to Allah than anything else, so bear it and grin, and dont get too close to anyone lol:D
May Allah make it easy for you

Ma Salama

DigitalStorm82
09-27-2006, 09:26 PM
If you weren't fasting.. would you eat toothpaste as food? It does not invalidate your fast.

It is ok to use toothpate and brush your teeth... however like the posts above said... the smell of a fasting persons breath is sweeter than musk in the eyes of Allah.

Question:
Will brushing teeth break your fast?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah

If tooth paste does not get into the throat, then the fast is not broken. However, it would be better to use tooth paste at night and to Sewaak at day time.

Also see the book "70 Matters Related to Fasting" .

May Allah guide us to his obedience.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
09-28-2006, 10:05 PM
you know this is very interesting. I never even thought about it! since every time I make prayer I make ablution and when I do I always brush my teeth and gargle... only this year did it occur to me this could possibly invalidate my fast? how do the members who feel that it nullfies the fast make ablution? (wudu) especially the portion that requires you to rinse out your mouth? I remember that there was a Hadith by the prophet (PBUH) where he advised with every prayer an ablution and with every ablution (siwak) that wooden thing people use to brush their teeth back in the day? Since I don't use Siwak I just use a modern day substitute...I'd really appreciate a reply, as I generally am not sure now?!
thanks
wasalaam

aamirsaab
09-28-2006, 10:12 PM
:sl:
Anything that enters your stomach invalidates your fast. By this, we can deduce that brushing your teeth (whilst fasting) would not break it. To be on the safe side, which I prefer to take, i'd recommend you brush before and after the fast and not brush whilst actually fasting as toothpaste and mouthwash have a random tendency to trickle through one's throat and thus enter the stomach, invalidating one's fast.

DigitalStorm82
09-28-2006, 11:05 PM
Making wudu does not break fast because you're not drinking water... if your intentions is.. "I'll make wudu.. and let some of the water slide down my throat" well abviously that is wrong..

during wudu you dont swallow anything...just like brushing... however, gargling with mouthwash or toothpaste/water mix is not recommended... according the fatwah I posted earlier... long as it doesn't enter your throat your fast is valid.

Since you brush while doing wudu... I suggest brushing without using toothpaste.

Allah knows best.

W'salaamz,
Hamid

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!